PDA

View Full Version : Brian Wright rated NBA's 3rd best GM using Sabermetrics

scott
08-29-2023, 02:44 PM
https://sports.yahoo.com/the-danny-ainge-system-using-sabermetrics-to-rate-every-nba-teams-top-executive-222824265.html

The twitter reaction to this has been hilarious. Mostly the hysterical whining from a couple of SpursTwitter personalities who bitch about everything and want the Spurs to trade for every disgruntled star there is a rumor about.

SpursTalk (at least parts of it) are much more cerebral - so what are your thoughts?

Ed Helicopter Jones
08-29-2023, 03:17 PM
Interesting when you look at the way it's calculated because Wright really hasn't done anything spectacular, but he also hasn't made giant blunders which keeps his averages up. He keeps the ball in play with just about every at bat.

I'm thinking he's more Rod Carew than Barry Bonds.

rjv
08-29-2023, 03:25 PM
lots of interesting strike outs in the draft category, including Wright's abysmal 2021 draft. wemby was rightfully excluded but if he turns out to be a HR, that would certainly increase Wright's slugging percentage. but, as mentioned in the article, would have been more luck than anything else-with the exception of setting up the tank at the right time.

exstatic
08-29-2023, 03:49 PM
I think the two most over rated were Ainge and Presti. If you look at Ainge's Ks, he had a LOT of bust first rounders, and even with all of the good picks, BOS only made it to the Finals once, and didn't win. Presti is still coasting off of his troika of consecutive high first rounders, KG, Russ, Harden, but they were all top 4 picks, and like BOS, OKC only made one Finals and didn't win. That was all VERY long ago, too. KG was drafted in 2007.

GAustex
08-29-2023, 03:49 PM
Interesting when you look at the way it's calculated because Wright really hasn't done anything spectacular, but he also hasn't made giant blunders which keeps his averages up. He keeps the ball in play with just about every at bat.

I'm thinking he's more Rod Carew than Barry Bonds.

Did not expect to open SpursTalk and read the name Rod Carew one of my all time favorites

TD 21
08-29-2023, 04:12 PM
Lists like this are so stupid (leaves out context, like Scumbag screwing the Spurs and Craptors falling ass backwards into the luckiest trade in history) and only serve to reinforce this false premise or narrative that being a POBO and/or GM is mostly about basketball intelligence, when it's really about luck.

cd98
08-29-2023, 04:40 PM
If Wemby is as advertised, the guy is going to get easy high scores. He's traded good players for real assets; he's drafted well except for Primo; and we haven't signed any real free agents, so no albatross contracts. But what will be the most telling is what he does over the next 4 years, not the last 4 years.

bdictjames
08-29-2023, 08:47 PM
I prefer RC Buford, but let's see what Brian Wright does. So far he's let go of our developing players (White and Murray). I don't see Keldon being a fit for this team either. We'll see what he does.

ambchang
08-29-2023, 10:01 PM
Didn’t like the evaluation at all. Getting jokic in the second round counting the same as Durant with a second pick is stupid. It also penalizes smaller markets for free agent signings and leaves out context on trades, not just players forcing trades to bigger markets, but also long term implications (the player could be great for a year and then the wheels fall off).

Overall the pretty terrible way to evaluate.

Dex
08-29-2023, 11:33 PM
As long as we don't have any more Marcus Morris or DeMarre Caroll or Luka Samanic or Josh Primo incidents...

I know Wright wasn't completely to blame for all those but we had a pretty bad stretch for a while there

exstatic
08-30-2023, 06:26 AM
Didn’t like the evaluation at all. Getting jokic in the second round counting the same as Durant with a second pick is stupid. It also penalizes smaller markets for free agent signings and leaves out context on trades, not just players forcing trades to bigger markets, but also long term implications (the player could be great for a year and then the wheels fall off).

Overall the pretty terrible way to evaluate.

Exactly. You have to weight the picks. Presti made three obvious top 4 picks in 2007,2008,2009 and is still coasting off of that.

The Truth #6
08-30-2023, 08:01 AM
As long as we don't have any more Marcus Morris or DeMarre Caroll or Luka Samanic or Josh Primo incidents...

I know Wright wasn't completely to blame for all those but we had a pretty bad stretch for a while there

He got off to a brutal start absolutely but perhaps he was following orders to get veterans and help Pop get the record. And then once that was done he got to rebuild and that's when he's really shined. That's my theory. Now, the Primo pick seems all him but my guess Luka was RC's guy.

Chinook
08-30-2023, 09:52 AM
Since he's gotten the green light to tank, Wright has made numerous shrewd moves. But one of the reasons why the team got the green light to tank is because Wright couldn't find a way to make the talent they had on the roster already work. I think he's a good GM, and clearly the Spurs are in an enviable position now. But I also think the Spurs could've been way more aggressive in the transitional era while likely still being in this position now. I wonder if Wright will be able to put it together. We'll probably get a sense next off-season as the team starts to try to build a core around Wemby rather than just collect players with some talent. A person talented in pulling salvage out of old vehicles isn't necessarily talented in building new ones.

exstatic
08-30-2023, 10:03 AM
Since he's gotten the green light to tank, Wright has made numerous shrewd moves. But one of the reasons why the team got the green light to tank is because Wright couldn't find a way to make the talent they had on the roster already work. I think he's a good GM, and clearly the Spurs are in an enviable position now. But I also think the Spurs could've been way more aggressive in the transitional era while likely still being in this position now. I wonder if Wright will be able to put it together. We'll probably get a sense next off-season as the team starts to try to build a core around Wemby rather than just collect players with some talent. A person talented in pulling salvage out of old vehicles isn't necessarily talented in building new ones.

Isn't that Pop's job? We'll have to disagree on this, because I think that there was no way to salvage that team once Nephew forced his way out the door. DD and LMA were an odd pairing, and LMA fell off a cliff very shortly afterwards, which I didn't see coming.

In hindsight, the Kawhi trade was a lot better than it looked. Nephew, Green, and a later acquired SRP for DD, Poodle, and a late FRP turned into 3 solid years of DD, 4 solid years of Poodle, Keldon, another FRP from CHI for DD, plus Thad, who with that earlier mentioned SRP turned into yet another FRP (Malaki) from TOR, and a top 6 protected FRP for Poodle.

Mr. Body
08-30-2023, 10:12 AM
I think the two most over rated were Ainge and Presti. If you look at Ainge's Ks, he had a LOT of bust first rounders, and even with all of the good picks, BOS only made it to the Finals once, and didn't win. Presti is still coasting off of his troika of consecutive high first rounders, KG, Russ, Harden, but they were all top 4 picks, and like BOS, OKC only made one Finals and didn't win. That was all VERY long ago, too. KG was drafted in 2007.

Agree, Ainge busted with a huge haul from Brooklyn, although shaking down Minnesota counts for a lot. Can he really put together a team? Presti nailed semi-gimmies with Durant, Harden, and Westbrook. Then he had years of being rather bad. Now, he's done well again although it's mostly SGA who was gifted to him.

Mr. Body
08-30-2023, 10:15 AM
As for the rankings, I think they shift considerably in the next couple of years.

Zach Collins is not a 1B hit. Devin Vassell could very well be better than a 2B. Jeremy Sochan in my mind is absolutely not a 1B. And I think Malaki Branham is also absolutely not a BB.

Collins is being slept on. Sochan imo will be a star. Branham is going to be torching teams, a steal at #20.

Joseph Kony
08-30-2023, 10:16 AM
he's been solid. not without error of course. though, lucking into Wemby is going to make anyone look good tbh

buttsR4rebounding
08-30-2023, 10:54 AM
As for the rankings, I think they shift considerably in the next couple of years.

Zach Collins is not a 1B hit. Devin Vassell could very well be better than a 2B. Jeremy Sochan in my mind is absolutely not a 1B. And I think Malaki Branham is also absolutely not a BB.

Collins is being slept on. Sochan imo will be a star. Branham is going to be torching teams, a steal at #20.

I agree about Collins. I've said several times that he was the best player on the Spurs after the Poeltl trade. When he was first signed I admit I was skeptical, but he has remained relatively healthy and really came on the end of last season. I think the Spurs made a mistake in not working out an extension for him over the off-season. I believe he is going to have a break out year and is going to cost a pretty penny to re-sign next year. I am looking for big improvement from him, Vassel, Sochan and Branham this year. I think Sochan will have a much improved outside shot which is probably the biggest thing the Spurs could wish for outside of Wemby's skillset level.

exstatic
08-30-2023, 11:04 AM
he's been solid. not without error of course. though, lucking into Wemby is going to make anyone look good tbh

Did Presti do anything to earn the 2,4,4 picks in consecutive drafts? No, OKC was just bad. When you get the high picks, you still have to make the right one. BW picking Alien isn't any different from Presti getting 3 consecutive top 4 picks, pretty lucky.

exstatic
08-30-2023, 11:06 AM
I agree about Collins. I've said several times that he was the best player on the Spurs after the Poeltl trade. When he was first signed I admit I was skeptical, but he has remained relatively healthy and really came on the end of last season. I think the Spurs made a mistake in not working out an extension for him over the off-season. I believe he is going to have a break out year and is going to cost a pretty penny to re-sign next year. I am looking for big improvement from him, Vassel, Sochan and Branham this year. I think Sochan will have a much improved outside shot which is probably the biggest thing the Spurs could wish for outside of Wemby's skillset level.

I believe that the Spurs may have worked out extensions for both Collins and Vassell, but they will be in the form of new contracts next summer to save cap space. Both of their cap holds are far less than any new contract they might sign.

Joseph Kony
08-30-2023, 11:22 AM
Did Presti do anything to earn the 2,4,4 picks in consecutive drafts? No, OKC was just bad. When you get the high picks, you still have to make the right one. BW picking Alien isn't any different from Presti getting 3 consecutive top 4 picks, pretty lucky.
The fact that he managed to pick 3 players that ended up being MVPs in consecutive drafts is pretty noteworthy. Look at the history of the draft and see how many top 10 picks busted after a couple years. Wright lucking into the most consensus #1 pick since LeBron is not the same as finding three MVPs in consecutive seasons without the #1 pick. Not slobbering Presti by any means but to act like he hasn't proven himself to be a better GM than Wright and to act like taking the players he did was a given (sans Durant) is just silly. Put some respect on his name

buttsR4rebounding
08-30-2023, 11:23 AM
I believe that the Spurs may have worked out extensions for both Collins and Vassell, but they will be in the form of new contracts next summer to save cap space. Both of their cap holds are far less than any new contract they might sign.

That may be true will Vassell, but they could have paid Collins more this year and really front-end loaded it to reduce the cap hit. But I hope you are correct.

Seventyniner
08-30-2023, 11:32 AM

Collins won't be an extension because his contract will be up. His cap hold is $14.63M; imo that's pretty close to what he would get in a new contract, depending on how well he plays this season of course.

I agree regarding Vassell. His cap hold is $17.66M and his next contract should start well above that if he continues to improve at the rate he has shown so far.

ismael-robert
08-30-2023, 12:50 PM
Branham didn't impress in summer...let's see if he fixes it by start of season

Mitch Cumsteen
08-30-2023, 01:05 PM
Presti has definitely made some mistakes - specifically the Harden trade and essentially choosing Ibaka over him -- but not only did he nail those three straight MVP draft picks, look how he's rebuilt that franchise after Durant bailed. He absolutely screwed the Clippers over for SGA and all those picks. Giddey and Williams look like hits. The jury is out on Holmgren but he doesn't look like a bust, either. The way he used his cap space to parlay vets and contracts into more picks while they rebuilt was masterful. They have one of the most promising young rosters in the league, the biggest war chest of draft picks, and gobs of cap space. He did all that and their team was only non-competitive for two seasons.

I'm not an OKC fan, but he's got to be considered one of the best GMs in the league.

Mr. Body
08-30-2023, 01:15 PM
Presti has definitely made some mistakes - specifically the Harden trade and essentially choosing Ibaka over him -- but not only did he nail those three straight MVP draft picks, look how he's rebuilt that franchise after Durant bailed. He absolutely screwed the Clippers over for SGA and all those picks. Giddey and Williams look like hits. The jury is out on Holmgren but he doesn't look like a bust, either. The way he used his cap space to parlay vets and contracts into more picks while they rebuilt was masterful. They have one of the most promising young rosters in the league, the biggest war chest of draft picks, and gobs of cap space. He did all that and their team was only non-competitive for two seasons.

I'm not an OKC fan, but he's got to be considered one of the best GMs in the league.

SGA was a gift. Kawhi forced the Clippers to trade the Thunder capital equivalent to two superstars. Presti took advantage, sure.

Presti did well to draft Harden, Durant, and Westbrook, but my god those were gimmies. Sure, other GMs might have blown them, but it would have been hard to do. He also drafted Stephen Miller and Ibaka, who were great picks. But he completely failed to build a team that could win a championship, which is astonishing. They didn't even make the Finals more than once. Just utter failure.

Giddey was a good pick, Williams was a great pick. Holmgren was a #2 pick so was a gimme, although a bad GM might have taken Jabari Smith.

But between the semi-championship run of those MVPs and getting SGA for nothing, take a look at his draft history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_Thunder_draft_history

It's absolutely terrible. The only players who managed to be any good -- Alperin Sengun, Immanuel Quickley, Brandon Clarke -- he actually traded away, i.e. he drafted them for those teams.

Mr. Body
08-30-2023, 01:17 PM
Branham didn't impress in summer...let's see if he fixes it by start of season

The fuck were you watching?

spurraider21
08-30-2023, 01:20 PM

people keep saying he chose ibaka over harden but honestly its worse than that. he chose perkins over harden. they easily could have kept durant/westbrook/harden/ibaka

baseline bum
08-30-2023, 01:55 PM
SGA was a gift. Kawhi forced the Clippers to trade the Thunder capital equivalent to two superstars. Presti took advantage, sure.

Presti did well to draft Harden, Durant, and Westbrook, but my god those were gimmies. Sure, other GMs might have blown them, but it would have been hard to do. He also drafted Stephen Miller and Ibaka, who were great picks. But he completely failed to build a team that could win a championship, which is astonishing. They didn't even make the Finals more than once. Just utter failure.

Giddey was a good pick, Williams was a great pick. Holmgren was a #2 pick so was a gimme, although a bad GM might have taken Jabari Smith.

But between the semi-championship run of those MVPs and getting SGA for nothing, take a look at his draft history:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oklahoma_City_Thunder_draft_history

It's absolutely terrible. The only players who managed to be any good -- Alperin Sengun, Immanuel Quickley, Brandon Clarke -- he actually traded away, i.e. he drafted them for those teams.

I wouldn't call Westbrook a gimme. I think most expected Kevin Love to go before Westbrook since Love was the engine of that UCLA Final 4 team and widely considered far and away the best player on it while Westbrook was more the defensive ace and third or fourth option. Plus he viewed as an undersized shooting guard and there was extreme skepticism on him being able to play the point in the NBA.

baseline bum
08-30-2023, 01:57 PM
people keep saying he chose ibaka over harden but honestly its worse than that. he chose perkins over harden. they easily could have kept durant/westbrook/harden/ibaka

And then with the big bump in the cap coming a year later turns out he could have kept them all. :lol

Mitch Cumsteen
08-30-2023, 02:39 PM
I wouldn't call Westbrook a gimme. I think most expected Kevin Love to go before Westbrook since Love was the engine of that UCLA Final 4 team and widely considered far and away the best player on it while Westbrook was more the defensive ace and third or fourth option. Plus he viewed as an undersized shooting guard and there was extreme skepticism on him being able to play the point in the NBA.

This. Durant was a no brainer after Oden, but the Westbrook pick took some balls at the time. And Harden at 3 wasn't a complete gimme, either. OKC picked a shooting guard in Westbrook the year before so there was some redundancy with him. That draft was odd anyway with tons of busts (and also Steph Curry). With all the landmines that he could have stepped on, Presti looks pretty good in hindsight.

scott
08-30-2023, 03:27 PM
Exactly. You have to weight the picks. Presti made three obvious top 4 picks in 2007,2008,2009 and is still coasting off of that.

Definitely understand this point though I'd say this metric still has some value, but like all metrics needs to be taken in context and in combination with other metrics. This one is a lot like FG%. FG% doesn't account for if all your shots are close up dunks or are difficult shots, but it is still a metric with some value. This is a very outcome oriented metric (because that's what Sabermetrics is), certainly not to be taken as the end all, be all... but is just another data point. With that said, there are plenty of other metrics that point to the Spurs being good at running a basketball club. I wouldn't rank Wright as the 3rd best GM in the league, but I probably would say he is above the median.

scott
08-30-2023, 03:34 PM

I also don't think I would label the Derrick White trade as a K. I can see arguments either way. There is definitely a subjective element to this that kind of throws it out the window somewhat.

Seventyniner
08-30-2023, 04:09 PM
I also don't think I would label the Derrick White trade as a K. I can see arguments either way. There is definitely a subjective element to this that kind of throws it out the window somewhat.

I don't think Wesley will ever be close to as good as Derrick is, but at the time it was just rolling the timeline forward. More of a sac bunt than a strikeout imo. The Spurs also got a look at Langford (not worth much) and rolled Richardson into four seconds and a perhaps useful Mills-role bench piece.

scott
08-30-2023, 04:40 PM
I don't think Wesley will ever be close to as good as Derrick is, but at the time it was just rolling the timeline forward. More of a sac bunt than a strikeout imo. The Spurs also got a look at Langford (not worth much) and rolled Richardson into four seconds and a perhaps useful Mills-role bench piece.

I think the sac bunt descriptor is perfect for this deal

exstatic
08-30-2023, 05:14 PM

...and the 2028 #2-30 swap. Don't forget that.

JPB
08-30-2023, 05:26 PM

No offense but Presti didn't choose Ibaka over Harden. He didn't have the choice, Harden wanted a starting job in his own team on a big market, with the glory and max money coming with. Harden is no Manu and there's no way he was accepting to be Westbrook back up, or split stats and share responsabilites with him, no matter who finishes the game. Those 3 couldn't cohabitate on the long term, speciallty with Russ and the Harden's egos.

TD 21
08-30-2023, 05:42 PM

I don't think he had as much influence then and either way, no one was going to turn a team as limited talent wise and poor fitting as that was into much more than it was.

Sure, they should have never gave away Green, started Forbes or signed Belinelli, but the ceiling with those teams was always going to be 1st round exit anyway.

JPB
08-30-2023, 05:44 PM
Definitely understand this point though I'd say this metric still has some value, but like all metrics needs to be taken in context and in combination with other metrics. This one is a lot like FG%. FG% doesn't account for if all your shots are close up dunks or are difficult shots, but it is still a metric with some value. This is a very outcome oriented metric (because that's what Sabermetrics is), certainly not to be taken as the end all, be all... but is just another data point. With that said, there are plenty of other metrics that point to the Spurs being good at running a basketball club. I wouldn't rank Wright as the 3rd best GM in the league, but I probably would say he is above the median.

Another porblem is we tend to jusge GMs mostly for the moves they make, and ofc particularly the succesfull, splashy ones, which often are obvious moves most GMs would do... But we don't put enough attention on the moves GMs don't make, the patience they have, as well as the kind of minor moves Wright did this summer that can transform into more significant stuff time over time, like that Dallas swap.. A good GM is a patient, meticulous GM who can see the big picture.

scott
08-30-2023, 05:57 PM
Another porblem is we tend to jusge GMs mostly for the moves they make, and ofc particularly the succesfull, splashy ones, which often are obvious moves most GMs would do... But we don't put enough attention on the moves GMs don't make, the patience they have, as well as the kind of minor moves Wright did this summer that can transform into more significant stuff time over time, like that Dallas swap.. A good GM is a patient, meticulous GM who can see the big picture.

Great point and I would add that GMs are often criticized by boneheaded fans for not making splashy moves that make zero sense in a larger context (We could have signed FVV! Why aren't we trading for Dame! The Rockets got Dillon Brooks and we did nothing!). A lot of times FO criticism really just boils down to someone making moves on the Trade Simulator and getting upset the real team isn't doing the same thing.

adonis827
08-30-2023, 06:14 PM

2007 2nd pick KD was certainly obvious but lucky Por selected Oden
2008 4th pick Westbrook - only showed potential at the end of his second season. Could have picked UCLA teammate Kevin Love- was the top scorer, rebounder better FG, 3PT% and FT than westbrook.
2009 3rd pick Harden - could have picked Evans (who has a broken shot imho) or 1 year older prime time Stef Curry or Derozan (Pac 10 tournament MVP to Harden's Pac 10 player of the year)

other picks
2007 5th pick Jeff Green - could have picked Joakim Noah but otherwise decent
2008 24th pick Serge Ibaka - was a spurs killer so this is a great pick for a late first
2013 12th pick Steven Adams - could have been international lucky picks Giannis or Gobert but was otherwise a spurs killer and great career so far despite pedestrian college stats. This is still a good pick since Giannis or Gobert developed their potentials later on but hard to scout during their draft years
2022 2nd pic Chet Holmgren - #3 pick Jabari seems to be a good player but otherwise TBD Chet seems to have Wemby lite potential on defense

+ got lots of draft picks from disgruntled Westbrook and Paul George (which net them a bigger superstar several years after in SGA).

TekXX
08-30-2023, 11:36 PM
Top 3 for what? Tanking and mediocre draft selections? Ok let's erase the last 5 years, he lucked out and got Wemby, he's on the clock right now he has to build something going forward and then he can access if this guy knows what he's doing.

JeffDuncan
08-31-2023, 03:56 PM
Brian Wright’s record as GM of the Spurs:

32-39
33-39
34-48
22-60

Winning no longer counts, it appears.

DAF86
08-31-2023, 04:23 PM
How's the White trade a "K" and why isn't the Murray trade listed?

poopbox
09-01-2023, 11:10 PM
Isn't that Pop's job? We'll have to disagree on this, because I think that there was no way to salvage that team once Nephew forced his way out the door. DD and LMA were an odd pairing, and LMA fell off a cliff very shortly afterwards, which I didn't see coming.

In hindsight, the Kawhi trade was a lot better than it looked. Nephew, Green, and a later acquired SRP for DD, Poodle, and a late FRP turned into 3 solid years of DD, 4 solid years of Poodle, Keldon, another FRP from CHI for DD, plus Thad, who with that earlier mentioned SRP turned into yet another FRP (Malaki) from TOR, and a top 6 protected FRP for Poodle.

Pairing DD and LMA together was dumb in the first place. As the league is transitioning to shooting 3's lets build around two guys who don't like shooting 3's.

Trading Kawhi to Toronto was also dumb. History has shown a team will get desperate and we could have gotten way more for Kawhi. With DD and Poeltl doing absolutely nothing noteworthy in a spurs jersey we effectively traded Kawhi for Keldon Johnson. That is all time bad.

They should have never tried to salvage the team. They should have just went into tank mode right then and their. Nobody loses their franchise player but then is like lets try to build a 6th seed 1st round exit team anyway. This is pretty much what the spurs did for two years.

Vince Carter's ankle
09-02-2023, 03:17 AM
we could have gotten way more for Kawhi
what exactly?

exstatic
09-02-2023, 08:52 AM
Pairing DD and LMA together was dumb in the first place. As the league is transitioning to shooting 3's lets build around two guys who don't like shooting 3's.

Trading Kawhi to Toronto was also dumb. History has shown a team will get desperate and we could have gotten way more for Kawhi. With DD and Poeltl doing absolutely nothing noteworthy in a spurs jersey we effectively traded Kawhi for Keldon Johnson. That is all time bad.

They should have never tried to salvage the team. They should have just went into tank mode right then and their. Nobody loses their franchise player but then is like lets try to build a 6th seed 1st round exit team anyway. This is pretty much what the spurs did for two years.

We got three good years of DD, four good years of Poodle, and four FRPs, Keldon,Malaki, plus the Chicago 2025 pick, and Torontos 2024 pick, both acquiredwhen DD and Poodle were flipped.

JPB
09-02-2023, 03:57 PM
Brian Wright’s record as GM of the Spurs:

32-39
33-39
34-48
22-60

Winning no longer counts, it appears.

what matters is winning ships.

poopbox
09-03-2023, 02:37 AM
We got three good years of DD, four good years of Poodle, and four FRPs, Keldon,Malaki, plus the Chicago 2025 pick, and Torontos 2024 pick, both acquiredwhen DD and Poodle were flipped.

Good years? We went from losing in the 1st round to not even making it to the 1st round.

poopbox
09-03-2023, 02:38 AM
what exactly?

Literally anything would have been better than a 2 guard nobody wanted, a soft big man who spends half the season shooting 30% from the line, and a tweener forward who occasionally gets hot making wide open 3s

Vince Carter's ankle
09-03-2023, 03:25 AM
Literally anything would have been better than a 2 guard nobody wanted, a soft big man who spends half the season shooting 30% from the line, and a tweener forward who occasionally gets hot making wide open 3s
if everything is so simple, then give an example of a trade

SequSpur
09-03-2023, 10:37 PM
Spurs haven't done shit under Wright. He is probably dead last in picking players, coaches and therapists. Lmk

rankingtear
09-18-2023, 07:53 AM
Set us up perfectly. Top 3 draft assets, clean books and a young wing heavy roster. Zero high usage player or play style dependent player eating developmental minutes or cap space.