PDA

View Full Version : Spurs Starting Center: Zach Collins Talks Wembanyama, Playing For Coach Pop & Player Participation Policy

spursparker9
09-17-2023, 10:07 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvRNv8u_1oo

spursparker9
09-17-2023, 10:09 AM
Lol RJ sharing funny cussing out sessions by Pop when it was Gary Neal (with it) who took dumb shots

John B
09-17-2023, 11:55 PM
Thanks for posting. I enjoyed that a lot. Zach mentioned if the Spurs play top 15-20 defense, the Spurs get in the playoffs because they can score. That’s crazy exciting. I wonder if it’s Devin, Wemby and just the team offense is moving so well. As far as defense, I really think they are a lot better than what they showed for obvious reason.. they played to lose games. Because it’s Pop’s team foremost, it will be a better defensive team. I’m sure he’d be yelling more this coming season when players miss their assignments. And we have the personnel to be a very good defensive team. I like Zach’s attitude with regards to getting coached. “Don’t take it personal.” The guy is serious about getting better, even to be one of the better C’s out there. The guy has the heart, the dog, and when being scouted for the draft, one of the better skilled player. I think we can expect more from Zach especially with eyes on Wemby, and wanting to play for a better team with Wemby on it who potentially means championships. I think there’s a lot of motivation for players to work extra hard because it could mean championships, as opposed to playing with teams without a generational “Wemby.” Still a lot to be seen.

spursparker9
09-18-2023, 03:57 AM
I think these young players are motivated and in a good environment now with Wemby onboard.

It is intriguing to see how well their chemistry are and kudos to the Spurs for not rushing to bring in players (i.e. not offering Austin Reeves) and just simply see what these young guys can do together first.

cd98
09-18-2023, 02:27 PM
Team USA should take a look at this guy given their lack of size, at least for the FIBA world championships.

exstatic
09-18-2023, 02:47 PM
Team USA should take a look at this guy given their lack of size, at least for the FIBA world championships.

Shit, they had Kessler and barely played him.

CGD
10-20-2023, 02:59 PM
Do we think Collins gets extended by the end of the year? Lowe and Marks had a short note about him on latest pod.

RC_Drunkford
10-20-2023, 05:03 PM
Spurs should've extended him prior to the season, cause he will become expensive. I understand that they didn't though, they want to see if he's a long term fit along Wemby

koriwhat
10-20-2023, 05:43 PM
Spurs should've extended him prior to the season, cause he will become expensive. I understand that they didn't though, they want to see if he's a long term fit along Wemby

IDK what they were thinking. I'm right there with you about extending him prior to this season. Oh well...

CGD
10-22-2023, 01:39 PM
Wow, Lowe and Marks has the inside track there