PDA

View Full Version : Kawhi Leonard denies load management, doesn't believe NBA's rest policy applies to him: 'If I'm able to play, I'll play'

spursparker9
10-03-2023, 08:02 AM
:lol:lol:lol:lol

https://sports.yahoo.com/kawhi-leonard-denies-load-management-doesnt-believe-nbas-rest-policy-applies-to-him-if-im-able-to-play-ill-play-235312165.html

exstatic
10-03-2023, 08:39 AM
It doesn't matter what he believes. The fact is that his All NBA, All D team days are over, because he hasn't played the requisite 65 games since he left SA.

Spurs Homer
10-03-2023, 08:40 AM
Dee-nile!

The malingering traitor is clueless

but

FUCK HIM

he isn't a spur anymore

Mr. Body
10-03-2023, 08:41 AM
It doesn't matter what he believes. The fact is that his All NBA, All D team days are over, because he hasn't played the requisite 65 games since he left SA.

Doesn't this mean load management rules don't apply to him? Does a player have to be an All-Star, all-NBA, etc., the year before? He can sit his dumb butt as much as he wants.

exstatic
10-03-2023, 08:47 AM
Doesn't this mean load management rules don't apply to him? Does a player have to be an All-Star, all-NBA, etc., the year before? He can sit his dumb butt as much as he wants.

No, it's within 3 years, so it will apply to him at least this season because he was an AS in 2021. He'll probably never be voted or selected again.

jjspur
10-03-2023, 09:09 AM
I thought he was a waste of $$$ the last season he played here, but he's been a real money pit for the Clippers. Load management rules don't apply to him, rigggghhhttt.

rjv
10-03-2023, 10:11 AM
he says he can bring a note from his doctor so i guess that makes it alright. i mean, kawhi isn't one to withhold medical information from anyone, right?

Mugen
10-03-2023, 10:26 AM
"Medic!"

MultiTroll
10-03-2023, 10:30 AM
Move to NBA section please.

You're bumming the Wemby high vibe.

John B
10-03-2023, 02:23 PM
Ka-Who?? :lmao:lmao

Wemby has made it all good. Or we could still be hostage by this clown. Dodged a bullet there tbh

SpurSpike
10-03-2023, 02:38 PM
This guy... He plays basketball for a living and had not even heard of the new policies? Does he not have even one person giving him a heads up on these things? He really is a strange one...

heyheymymy
10-03-2023, 02:59 PM
Damn, season hasn't even started yet and Leonard already injured his ego

spursparker9
10-04-2023, 08:43 AM
Will be fun to see Clippers crumble this year lol

cd98
10-04-2023, 08:48 AM
The Spurs marketing team has got to love Wemby. So much more to work with than trying to sell Kawhi's personality.

rjv
10-04-2023, 11:26 AM
The Spurs marketing team has got to love Wemby. So much more to work with than trying to sell Kawhi's personality.

what personality?

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-04-2023, 07:21 PM
Will be fun to see Clippers crumble this year lol

If he'd of only signed that deal with the Lakers.... :pctoss

Obstructed_View
10-04-2023, 07:52 PM
Until Kelvin Tran weighs in, I'll withhold comment.

poopbox
10-04-2023, 10:31 PM
Ka-Who?? :lmao:lmao

Wemby has made it all good. Or we could still be hostage by this clown. Dodged a bullet there tbh

Do you know how FUCKED we would be if we still had Kawhi on this team in the condition he is in?

Let's say we dont ring with him and LMA. LMA is gone. Kawhi is in the middle of a 208 million dollar contract, since he was eligible for a supermax with us and we were going to pay it. He is now on his Second major leg / knee injury on top of having a degenerative tissue issue. Dejounte as emotional as he is is probably wilding out on instagram liking ever post talking about Kawhi never plays and is holding "Baby Boy" back let him be free trade him to insert team here. Oh and if we have paired him with someone after LMA left we probably out all or most of our 1st round picks with no way to get better for the future. And we watching the fucking Rockets get Wemby and our former wife banging coach all at once.

What a fucking disaster. Somebody call Dr Strange to collapse that thread of the multiverse, I don't even want to peek into it.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-04-2023, 10:40 PM
I agree with kawhi tbh. Hes sitting bc his body is broken down just like the Spurs docs told him. Hes not 'saving himself' for the playoffs lol. He legit can't play

kht
10-04-2023, 10:49 PM
Kawhi was a gym rat who turned his ceiling from a rich man's MKG to one of the greatest peaks of all-time... he lived in the gym. He got played as a rookie under Pop. If he can't play, you should believe him.

I honestly would pay money for someone to spill the tea on why the entire Spurs org turned on him. Also, Parker's comments were meant to ENCOURAGE him. Only an autistic person would take that as an insult to Leonard...

John B
10-05-2023, 12:00 AM
Do you know how FUCKED we would be if we still had Kawhi on this team in the condition he is in?

Let's say we dont ring with him and LMA. LMA is gone. Kawhi is in the middle of a 208 million dollar contract, since he was eligible for a supermax with us and we were going to pay it. He is now on his Second major leg / knee injury on top of having a degenerative tissue issue. Dejounte as emotional as he is is probably wilding out on instagram liking ever post talking about Kawhi never plays and is holding "Baby Boy" back let him be free trade him to insert team here. Oh and if we have paired him with someone after LMA left we probably out all or most of our 1st round picks with no way to get better for the future. And we watching the fucking Rockets get Wemby and our former wife banging coach all at once.

What a fucking disaster. Somebody call Dr Strange to collapse that thread of the multiverse, I don't even want to peek into it.

Exactly I said we dodged a bullet :lol

The only thing is he dragged the good name of the Spurs, calling the medical staff bad, lied, sabotaged a possible haul had he cooperated, etc, etc. But I’m over that. Him leaving got into the situation we were and eventually led to tanking and drafting Wemby. Getting Wemby means the basketball gods are still smiling at us, Sochan, Vassell and the bench, young and perfect timeline. The planets are aligning again. I wonder who that coach would be eventually, Manu?? That would be awesome.

Twisted_Dawg
10-05-2023, 07:23 AM

What about when Brian Wright allegedly called Kawhi a pussy?

Dex
10-05-2023, 08:31 AM

Wish this applied to All-Star too (at a pro-rated level)

Hate it when dudes miss like half the season then get voted in on name value alone when there are more deserving players

exstatic
10-05-2023, 08:47 AM
Wish this applied to All-Star too (at a pro-rated level)

Hate it when dudes miss like half the season then get voted in on name value alone when there are more deserving players

He hasn't been voted or selected an All Star since 2021, and I don't see it happening. The league basically instituted this rule because of him. They're not going to name him a reserve or a replacement for the game. He's also kind of yesterday's news for the fans.

KobesAchilles
10-05-2023, 09:16 AM
Im glad the Spurs listened to me. I was the only poster that said not to max him. Everyone else was freaking out and said supermax him and I said he wasn’t worth it

daslicer
10-05-2023, 10:08 AM
Im glad the Spurs listened to me. I was the only poster that said not to max him. Everyone else was freaking out and said supermax him and I said he wasn’t worth it

You are not the only one who was against giving him the supermax. I was also against it at that time. Pull up the old Kawhi threads and you will see me fighting with a bunch of people in here about not giving Kawhi the supermax.

kht
10-05-2023, 10:19 AM

maxing him was definitely the right thing to do. Remember the salary cap hadn’t exploded then. You got the 2019 title and then the bubble in 2020. He was fully healthy for those. You got two seasons basically of prime kawhi.

rjv
10-05-2023, 10:40 AM

Dverde
10-05-2023, 11:31 AM
The Klaw into the Flaw. He just needs one more solid year to give his uncle and family the golden parachute contract to end his career.

John B
10-05-2023, 12:08 PM
maxing him was definitely the right thing to do. Remember the salary cap hadn’t exploded then. You got the 2019 title and then the bubble in 2020. He was fully healthy for those. You got two seasons basically of prime kawhi.

He hasn’t played more than 60 games since he left, and especially not in the playoffs when the Clippers needed him the most. Come on, the guy doesn’t want to play through pain. It sounds bad, but that’s what winners do when championships are on the line. They suck it up. Kawhi would sit it out.

poopbox
10-05-2023, 02:10 PM

Quote should read "what about when Brian Wright said the quiet part out loud and told the truth" tbh :lol

poopbox
10-05-2023, 02:39 PM
Exactly I said we dodged a bullet :lol

The only thing is he dragged the good name of the Spurs, calling the medical staff bad, lied, sabotaged a possible haul had he cooperated, etc, etc. But I’m over that. Him leaving got into the situation we were and eventually led to tanking and drafting Wemby. Getting Wemby means the basketball gods are still smiling at us, Sochan, Vassell and the bench, young and perfect timeline. The planets are aligning again. I wonder who that coach would be eventually, Manu?? That would be awesome.

True but in the end none of that mattered. Every single person universally says Wemby could not have gone to a better team. I have not heard one person say 'actually how do we know this is even going to work last time the spurs had a superstar player he left the team hid from them and demanded a trade":lol

Literal everyone involved in basketball just acts like that whole Kawhi breakup never even happened and everyone views it as all the spurs have to do is put the pieces around wemby, then set back, and profit.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-05-2023, 02:43 PM
I agree with kawhi tbh. Hes sitting bc his body is broken down just like the Spurs docs told him. Hes not 'saving himself' for the playoffs lol. He legit can't play

You're right. When he tries to ramp things up for the playoffs, every year, he always gets hurt. He's a 40-games a year guy, with limited minutes, and anything else breaks him down. That's all his body can take. Maybe 1,200 minutes a year.

Or, said another way, he likes to keep his pay above $42,000 per minute on the court.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-05-2023, 02:54 PM
That said, he IS the poster child for load management. Founder and CEO.

ambchang
10-05-2023, 08:43 PM
Isn’t that what the spurs doctor said four years ago?

FuzzyLumpkins
10-05-2023, 08:47 PM
He's cooked. Could have gotten another good 2 years of quality out of him had he not been a douche but his ship is sinking.

John B
10-05-2023, 08:47 PM

Nah, Kawhi is just a pussy like what Wright said. Other players play through pain if it what it takes. They suck it up, but Kawhi would rather sit it out

exstatic
10-06-2023, 06:56 AM
Nah, Kawhi is just a pussy like what Wright said. Other players play through pain if it what it takes. They suck it up, but Kawhi would rather sit it out

I believe that the actual fracture with the Spurs happened earlier than believed by fans and the media. I remember reading that the Spurs pretty much knew the situation, and they told him that he would have to play through pain, and that other players had. He has never seemed willing to do so, which might have led to Wright’s remarks.

John B
10-06-2023, 07:42 AM
I believe that the actual fracture with the Spurs happened earlier than believed by fans and the media. I remember reading that the Spurs pretty much knew the situation, and they told him that he would have to play through pain, and that other players had. He has never seemed willing to do so, which might have led to Wright’s remarks.

Exactly! Other players like the late Kobe Bryant played through pain because his team needed him. Isiah hobbled through game 6 of the 1988 NBA Finals and scored 25 pts in the 3rd quarter to get the Pistons up by 2. The Pistons eventually lost, but they lost fighting. Kawhi would not do that, even when the Clippers could’ve used him in the playoffs, not with the Spurs when Tony was already back from a major injury and trying to win. Nah, not Kawhi.

Bill_Brasky
10-06-2023, 02:46 PM
He got his Toronto championship, but he will never shed his label as a pussy and an asshole.

Leetonidas
10-06-2023, 02:50 PM
Didn't the Spurs docs tell this clown years ago that his body was trash and he would need to be load managed his entire career? And then he just used that as an excuse to bail and shit on our team rather than just state he wanted to go home to LA. Fuck Nephew

exstatic
10-06-2023, 03:32 PM
Didn't the Spurs docs tell this clown years ago that his body was trash and he would need to be load managed his entire career? And then he just used that as an excuse to bail and shit on our team rather than just state he wanted to go home to LA. Fuck Nephew

They told him he would have to pay through pain, and he declined, both in SA and on every subsequent stop.

John B
10-06-2023, 07:04 PM
They told him he would have to pay through pain, and he declined, both in SA and on every subsequent stop.

Yup he can play but he just doesn’t want to. Steve Nash had to inject epidural on his messed-up back every game. How long did Larry Legend suffered from backpain before he could it quits? Ka-Wuzz is a pussy