PDA

View Full Version : kai jones requests a trade

playblair
10-09-2023, 06:56 PM
spurs fans wanted jones in the draft.........brian wright has draft picks to use for trades.......

spurraider21
10-09-2023, 06:58 PM
dont get why OP hasnt been pinked

GAustex
10-09-2023, 06:59 PM
^lol

ginobilized
10-09-2023, 07:26 PM
He might as well request a trade out of the league.
I'm no doctor, but, he might have some issues, sadly.

EricB
10-09-2023, 10:05 PM
I wouldn’t give up a protected second for that clown.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-09-2023, 10:21 PM
I heard we’re close to completing a sign and trade with Kevin Tran for Kai Jones.

mo7888
10-10-2023, 05:34 AM
Kai doesn't have a place on this roster. We're pretty much set for a few months while they evaluate who fits best with Wembanyama..

buttsR4rebounding
10-10-2023, 07:52 AM
This is an opportunity for the Spurs. Set him up with Primo’s shrink and he’ll be all-NBA in no time!

Leetonidas
10-10-2023, 08:10 AM
If a scrub player is available you can guarantee OP is going to make a thread about them :lol

Dex
10-10-2023, 08:18 AM
I wanted him during the draft, but since then he has proven himself to be a certified headcase.

Imagine being a guy with career averages of 2.7 PTS and 2.0 REB and publicly announcing a trade demand on Twitter with the hashtag #GOATLIFE

I know Charlotte is where NBA careers go to die (sorry Tony), but pretty sure there are some mental health issues going on here and I don't want that guy anywhere near our young locker room

Bruno
10-10-2023, 08:33 AM
If Spurs believe in Wesley, Kai Jones + Bouknight for Graham would kinda make sense for both teams.

Hornets get back Graham to get a good guard behind Ball and Rozier.
Spurs would do it for financial reason and would cut both Bouknight and Jones immediately.

exstatic
10-10-2023, 08:48 AM
If Spurs believe in Wesley, Kai Jones + Bouknight for Graham would kinda make sense for both teams.

Hornets get back Graham to get a good guard behind Ball and Rozier.
Spurs would do it for financial reason and would cut both Bouknight and Jones immediately.

They can both believe in Wesley, and wait until the deadline to move Graham for actual assets and not just dead cap.

spursparker9
10-10-2023, 09:36 AM
He is a nut case. Better avoid

buttsR4rebounding
10-10-2023, 10:55 AM
He is a nut case. Better avoid

That's where our superior sports psychologist services come in...

Bruno
10-10-2023, 11:50 AM
They can both believe in Wesley, and wait until the deadline to move Graham for actual assets and not just dead cap.

It will be difficult to give playing time to both Wesley and Graham. If Spurs decide to go with Wesley as primary backup PG, Graham will play less and have his trade value drop. The more they wait the more he will be difficult to move.

Mr. Body
10-10-2023, 11:52 AM
I see Graham as having more value on the team than trading him at this point. He doesn't seem to mind playing spot minutes at all and gives a completely different look than we have otherwise at his position. First rate dude, no complaints over role, can come in and pull the trigger when needed.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2023, 12:13 PM
I wanted him during the draft, but since then he has proven himself to be a certified headcase.

Imagine being a guy with career averages of 2.7 PTS and 2.0 REB and publicly announcing a trade demand on Twitter with the hashtag #GOATLIFE

Right?!!! I’ve never actually seen his account, so I thought maybe that one was fake.

The GOAT of what exactly? Mediocrity? The local YMCA league? Eating Doritos on the bench?

And who publicly demand a trade when they’re barely hanging on in the league? Hilarious!

GAustex
10-10-2023, 12:17 PM
I do not recall Kai being a knucklehead at ut.

He did always seem to come up short of what seemed he should be

Cabrito
10-10-2023, 12:40 PM
Kai is just not very good. Dom Barlow > Kai Jones.

Knoxxx
10-10-2023, 12:58 PM
I’m not one that thinks trading Graham is a priority. I like us to have a few “smalls” to chase around other team’s smalls when necessary. While Wesley/Rice may grow into those roles, I’m not sure they are ready for prime time minutes yet. Having Tre Jones as our only bonafide or playable small G troubles me a bit, were we to offload Graham. But that’s just be being paranoid, having already suffered 10+ injuries across my two fantasy football already!

cd98
10-10-2023, 01:56 PM
Coincidentally, today is mental health day.

exstatic
10-10-2023, 02:41 PM
It will be difficult to give playing time to both Wesley and Graham. If Spurs decide to go with Wesley as primary backup PG, Graham will play less and have his trade value drop. The more they wait the more he will be difficult to move.

Remind me again how many minutes Thad Young played before the trade deadline? 26 games, 370 minutes, and paired with a SRP returned us a first. I don't expect a first for Graham, but he's a known quantity like Thad was. No one is going to worry if he plays spot minutes. They know his game and understand that the Spurs are in a development mode.

Oh, and if last night was an indicator, he's already 3rd string, behind Wesley.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2023, 03:06 PM
Remind me again how many minutes Thad Young played before the trade deadline? 26 games, 370 minutes, and paired with a SRP returned us a first. I don't expect a first for Graham, but he's a known quantity like Thad was. No one is going to worry if he plays spot minutes. They know his game and understand that the Spurs are in a development mode.

Oh, and if last night was an indicator, he's already 3rd string, behind Wesley.

Let's see, Devonte Graham + 4 second round picks was our haul for Josh Richardson. Graham by himself equals, what, a second rounder or two...maybe...maybe a contract shed of some sort, (and a second rounder if we're absorbing some unwanted salary)?? I can't see it being a first round pick either, regardless of how much he's on the court. Anyone expecting anything of significant value for him in a trade will be disappointed I think.

Seventyniner
10-10-2023, 03:06 PM

The best thing the Hornets could include in a trade for Graham is lessening the protections on the first they owe to the Spurs. Maybe cut it from 1-14 to 1-8 for both years.

exstatic
10-10-2023, 03:21 PM
Let's see, Devonte Graham + 4 second round picks was our haul for Josh Richardson. Graham by himself equals, what, a second rounder or two...maybe...maybe a contract shed of some sort, (and a second rounder if we're absorbing some unwanted salary)?? I can't see it being a first round pick either, regardless of how much he's on the court. Anyone expecting anything of significant value for him in a trade will be disappointed I think.

My point in bringing up trading him was that he can return 'something', and not just two Hornets contracts to be cut in that poster's proposed trade.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-10-2023, 03:21 PM
My point in bringing up trading him was that he can return 'something', and not just two Hornets contracts to be cut in that poster's proposed trade.

Yep, I was agreeing with you on that point.

buttsR4rebounding
10-11-2023, 05:50 PM
Kai Jones was waived today sending shock waves through the league.

jjspur
10-11-2023, 06:25 PM
That blue hair dye must have seeped through Kai's hair and fried his brain cells. Hornets did the right thing in waiving him.

Ocotillo
10-11-2023, 06:57 PM
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/arrest-warrant-issued-again-hornets-forward-miles-bridges/3OISIMWT3RCDVBPZGROEPRCTAM/

Man, Bridges is determined to screw any chance of getting that first rounder from Charlotte.

Mr. Body
10-11-2023, 07:26 PM
With arrest warrant for Bridges they should just burn the thing down. Good thing the guy they drafted with their super high draft pick has no history of questionable decisions.

Leetonidas
10-11-2023, 07:28 PM
https://www.wsoctv.com/news/local/arrest-warrant-issued-again-hornets-forward-miles-bridges/3OISIMWT3RCDVBPZGROEPRCTAM/

Man, Bridges is determined to screw any chance of getting that first rounder from Charlotte.

This apparently happened in January though while he was serving his "suspension." Doubt he'll miss any additional games for it

Guys a piece of shit though, for real

Proxy
10-11-2023, 07:55 PM
requests a trade to a psychiatrist's office hopefully

playbonner15
10-11-2023, 08:45 PM
With arrest warrant for Bridges they should just burn the thing down. Good thing the guy they drafted with their super high draft pick has no history of questionable decisions.

exstatic
10-12-2023, 04:58 AM

If they do that, LaMelo’s going to walk.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 06:06 AM
If they do that, LaMelo’s going to walk.

Jesus, who cares? Is he even that good?

Maddog
10-12-2023, 06:14 AM
A couple of random thoughts
2021 Draft-
So far 2 of top twenty have been waived for "behavior issues"
Probably random but does emphasize the difficulty of evaluating 18-19 year olds

Charlotte is and has been a mess
In the past 20 years they've had 11 top 10 picks and 7 11-15 picks and almost nothing to show far it.
3 playoff appearances during this time and now your second best player is on probation....

I will say that there is a fair amount of luck in the draft (and where you exactly draft) so to some extent it's not all Charlotte's fault, still

exstatic
10-12-2023, 08:17 AM
2021 Draft-

In the past 20 years they've had 11 top 10 picks and 7 11-15 picks and almost nothing to show far it.
3 playoff appearances during this time and now your second best player is on probation....

I will say that there is a fair amount of luck in the draft (and where you exactly draft) so to some extent it's not all Charlotte's fault, still

I think Jordan leaving might be the best thing to happen since their expansion. He’s really failed at everything except hoops and shoes. He is too old for hoops now, so he should just focus on Jordan Brand.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 08:52 AM
2021 Draft-

They were run out of Charlotte because their hypocritical evangelical fanbase hated their owner for having an extramarital affair, that team had and continues to have success in New Orleans -- the 'good' Charlotte franchise. Then Charlotte got a team for a maniac owner who named the team after himsef, the Bobcats, and they sucked, their best player Kemba Walker, and then Jordan took over with his obsession with drafting mediocrity.

Like most of the south, it's a terrible professional sports area.

buttsR4rebounding
10-12-2023, 09:42 AM

WTF is that supposed to mean?

BacktoBasics
10-12-2023, 09:46 AM
2021 Draft-

You never really know with some of these guys. Being poor limits some people’s ability to self destruct. Give a guy like Kai money and all of sudden his access to better meth becomes a problem.

Dex
10-12-2023, 10:16 AM
You never really know with some of these guys. Being poor limits some people’s ability to self destruct. Give a guy like Kai money and all of sudden his access to better meth becomes a problem.

Exactly.

Unpopular opinion, but what's amazing to me is the public outcry of "hope these guys get the help they need".

Obviously mental health is a real problem, and I'm not saying these guys should just be given up on AS PEOPLE...but it feels like we are moving in the direction (as a society) of no accountability because "mental health". At a certain point. your actions define who you are.

Yes, I'd like for these dudes to get help and hopefully find a way to continue with their lives. I'm not rooting against them...but I'm also not surprised they are losing their jobs like anybody else would.

When did mental health become an excuse for people who just consistently make bad decisions? Guys like DeShaun Watson, Josh Primo, Antonio Brown, etc come to mind.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 10:27 AM
WTF is that supposed to mean?

Not sure what's hard to understand.

barakz21
10-12-2023, 10:53 AM
Bro got traded to free agency. On a more serious note, hopefully he gets help.

daslicer
10-12-2023, 10:55 AM
They were run out of Charlotte because their hypocritical evangelical fanbase hated their owner for having an extramarital affair, that team had and continues to have success in New Orleans -- the 'good' Charlotte franchise. Then Charlotte got a team for a maniac owner who named the team after himsef, the Bobcats, and they sucked, their best player Kemba Walker, and then Jordan took over with his obsession with drafting mediocrity.

That is not entirely true as someone who grew up in NC, I can say you are off by a huge margin on why Hornet fans hated Shinn. Shinn was hated and rightfully so for being a cheap ass. He refused to pay Alonzo Mourning and traded him which pissed off the fans because the ZO-LJ teams were exciting and pretty good, and Shinn ended it due to being a cheap ass. Glen Rice turned out to be a superstar caliber player during his brief stint in Charlotte and then Shinn had a falling out with him due to not wanting to pay him the money he demanded and traded him to the Lakers. Shinn also refused to keep Vlade Divac who was the core of the Mason-Rice-Divac hornets a team that had won 50 plus with that core for 2 seasons in a row. His reasoning was what Divac wanted was too expensive and decided to sign a fat out of shape Derrick Coleman for cheap to replace him at center. These moves pissed off the fan base because everyone knew ultimately Shinn would never pay the money to have a winner in Charlotte.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 10:58 AM
That is not entirely true as someone who grew up in NC, I can say you are off by a huge margin on why Hornet fans hated Shinn. Shinn was hated and rightfully so for being a cheap ass. He refused to pay Alonzo Mourning and traded him which pissed off the fans because the ZO-LJ teams were exciting and pretty good, and Shinn ended it due to being a cheap ass. Glen Rice turned out to be a superstar caliber player during his brief stint in Charlotte and then Shinn had a falling out with him due to not wanting to pay him the money he demanded and traded him to the Lakers. Shinn also refused to keep Vlade Divac who was the core of the Mason-Rice-Divac hornets a team that had won 50 plus with that core for 2 seasons in a row. His reasoning was what Divac wanted was too expensive and decided to sign a fat out of shape Derrick Coleman for cheap to replace him at center. These moves pissed off the fan base because everyone knew ultimately Shinn would never pay the money to have winner in Charlotte.

Eh... fanbases don't turn on teams for being cheap. That does sometimes happen and might have played a role. His affair was the major part of things, though. They got high and mighty about morality or whatever.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 11:06 AM
https://www.espn.com/blog/truehoop/post/_/id/835/shameless-hornet-george-shinn

daslicer
10-12-2023, 11:06 AM
Eh... fanbases don't turn on teams for being cheap. That does sometimes happen and might have played a role. His affair was the major part of things, though. They got high and mighty about morality or whatever.

I lived there so I can say yes it was because he was cheap. He also wanted the city of Charlotte to fund him 100 percent for a new arena and the fans were against it because he was a cheap ass. Him being immoral was the straw that broke the camel's back and added more fuel to the fire for the hatred of Shinn among the fanbase.

Mr. Body
10-12-2023, 11:13 AM
I lived there so I can say yes it was because he was cheap. He also wanted the city of Charlotte to fund him 100 percent for a new arena and the fans were against it because he was a cheap ass. Him being immoral was the straw that broke the camel's back and added more fuel to the fire for the hatred of Shinn among the fanbase.

Yeah, maybe the entire national press made it out to be how it was a morality thing. I'm not sure: Oakland doesn't want to lose the A's right now and were trying to support them even when their ownership was turning their back. Fanbases don't want franchises to leave because of a cheap owner. Charlotte was maybe the one time a fanbase broke with a team because of an owner's sex scandal.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-12-2023, 11:14 AM

The warrant itself is tied to old stuff that has already been dealt with. In that news article they mention some thing about a windshield. My guess is that this will blow over without much in the way of repercussions for Bridges.

I doubt his season will be affected by this.