PDA

View Full Version : Juan Toscano-Anderson says there is nothing to do in san antonio

playblair
10-21-2023, 03:15 AM
during the broadcast of the spurs warriors preseason game the warriors announcer said wembanyma can become the player he is destined to be because san antonio is boring & there is nothing to do in the city........if players continue to see san antonio in this manner wembanyma will be playing with the equivalent of free agents that tim duncan attracted in the likes of over the hill players finley/bogans/mason/dice/barry

Fireball
10-21-2023, 03:30 AM
he said "there is nothing else" but he meant there are no other major sports teams in the city and that is why Wemby will be embraced there even more than in other cities

alex40214
10-21-2023, 03:55 AM
Haven't started his first regular season game and people are already worried about resigning him. ������

Obstructed_View
10-21-2023, 06:58 AM
he said "there is nothing else" but he meant there are no other major sports teams in the city and that is why Wemby will be embraced there even more than in other cities
No, he said there's nothing to do in San Antonio. Then he clarified it to mean there are no other teams and that's why the city loves the Spurs the way they do. It's also why everyone is so fat.

InRareForm
10-21-2023, 08:53 AM
What can you do in other cities that you can't do in San Antonio when you are rich? I mean If you want nightlife/partying that is top tier then okay I understand

Leetonidas
10-21-2023, 09:12 AM
He's not wrong. Anyone who lives here knows it already:lol

KingKev
10-21-2023, 09:59 AM
Nah you are taking what he said outta context. He was actually giving SA props saying Spurs basketball is life in your city.

Ef-man
10-21-2023, 10:38 AM
It is well known that Juan is a major supporter of Kevin Tran, so take his comments with a grain of salt (in your Saigon Heat pho).

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 11:13 AM
There are worst places in the nba…….

Spurs Homer
10-21-2023, 11:23 AM
Not sure why san antonians get defensive…it is true.

If you are still a young person go to those places and live it up …they are awesome to experience.

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 11:37 AM
Not sure why san antonians get defensive…it is true.

If you are still a young person go to those places and live it up …they are awesome to experience.

It’s a dumb perpetuated narrative. Memphis, Utah, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Indiana to name a few come to mind as being worst to me. Houston , Austin , Dallas are close if you must get in dem streets. People with money move different no matter the city:)

Spurs Homer
10-21-2023, 12:05 PM
It’s a dumb perpetuated narrative. Memphis, Utah, Sacramento, Milwaukee, Indiana to name a few come to mind as being worst to me. Houston , Austin , Dallas are close if you must get in dem streets. People with money move different no matter the city:)

But there is truth to it...

lived in cali for over 20 years and there was always somewhere cool to go...mountains, beaches, redwood forests, modern cities, skiing, desert hikes, nightlife, different cultures - different mini-towns (little tokyo,vietnam, armenia, and more)

world class dining everywhere and including local dives and cheap street foods,

on and on and on

if you are young - dont hate on it - go git you some and then come back to whichever sleepy place you want to settle if that is your thing - as real estate is too hard to acquire in those cities unless you are wealthy or dont mind living in less than fanciful surroundings...

OldMan88
10-21-2023, 07:14 PM
San Antonio probably has fewer places for a young-dumb-full-of-cum moron to get into trouble than the big 5 jet-set cities, but that’s an advantage during the season. Off season…. It’s not like an NBA player can’t charter a jet.

spurs10
10-21-2023, 07:53 PM
No, he said there's nothing to do in San Antonio. Then he clarified it to mean there are no other teams and that's why the city loves the Spurs the way they do. It's also why everyone is so fat. Hey Fatso easy on the fatboy jokes! 'May I have extra cheese on my cheese nachos please?'

Obstructed_View
10-21-2023, 08:01 PM
Hey Fatso easy on the fatboy jokes! 'May I have extra cheese on my cheese nachos please?'
San Antonio ruined my figure. No city in Texas has better food.

heyheymymy
10-21-2023, 08:47 PM
Even if there were something to do in SA

No one is inviting JT-A

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 10:09 PM
But there is truth to it...

lived in cali for over 20 years and there was always somewhere cool to go...mountains, beaches, redwood forests, modern cities, skiing, desert hikes, nightlife, different cultures - different mini-towns (little tokyo,vietnam, armenia, and more)

world class dining everywhere and including local dives and cheap street foods,

on and on and on

if you are young - dont hate on it - go git you some and then come back to whichever sleepy place you want to settle if that is your thing - as real estate is too hard to acquire in those cities unless you are wealthy or dont mind living in less than fanciful surroundings...
So, does Sac make the cut for you? Sacramento sucks….period; you never hear it though like the San Antonio bs! That’s my point

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-21-2023, 10:17 PM
WGAF what a 4ppg journeyman thinks about San Antonio.

Considering his home is now Salt Lake City he really shouldn’t be throwing stones.

Honestly, San Antonio isn’t that bad. There’s definitely worse NBA towns. Go hang out in OKC for a spell.

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 10:20 PM
WGAF what a 4ppg journeyman thinks about San Antonio.

Considering his home is now Salt Lake City he really shouldn’t be throwing stones.

Honestly, San Antonio isn’t that bad. There’s definitely worse NBA towns. Go hang out in OKC for a spell.

I forgot about okc :) Some fine women in Oklahoma but that city is not it on any level!!

Spurs Homer
10-21-2023, 11:04 PM
So, does Sac make the cut for you? Sacramento sucks….period; you never hear it though like the San Antonio bs! That’s my point

sac is a short drive to the bay area, tahoe, redwoods, mountains, beaches,etc

maybe downtown sac sucks but you are an hour or two away from paradise tbh

Atl Spur
10-21-2023, 11:48 PM
sac is a short drive to the bay area, tahoe, redwoods, mountains, beaches,etc

maybe downtown sac sucks but you are an hour or two away from paradise tbh
Sac is worst than San Antonio in so many ways.
So, Dallas , Houston, Austin doesn’t compare? SA is not very far from these cities :) Bro, just admit it’s BS……. All of Texas can’t be trash I’m assuming using your logic.

Spurs Homer
10-21-2023, 11:55 PM
Sac is worst than San Antonio in so many ways.
So, Dallas , Houston, Austin doesn’t compare? SA is not very far from these cities :) Bro, just admit it’s BS……. All of Texas can’t be trash I’m assuming using your logic.

im not defending or attacking texas cities…

ive lived in both texas and cali and love both

but in cali there was always new places to explore but real estate was expensive

texas real estate is cheap and i stay home and enjoy my own surroundings now
but if i were young looking for adventure id go back to cali and enjoy living in a playground with more to do, beautiful nature and gorgeous women

im getting old and am ok doing those things when i need a vacation

just no comparison and you cannot blame a young single millionaire in the nba who wants to live in a vibrant world class city full of world class gorgeous exotic in-shape women

Atl Spur
10-22-2023, 12:01 AM
im not defending or attacking texas cities…

ive lived in both texas and cali and love both

but in cali there was always new places to explore but real estate was expensive

texas real estate is cheap and i stay home and enjoy my own surroundings now
but if i were young looking for adventure id go back to cali and enjoy living in a playground with more to do, beautiful nature and gorgeous women

im getting old and am ok doing those things when i need a vacation

just no comparison and you cannot blame a young single millionaire in the nba who wants to live in a vibrant world class city full of world class gorgeous exotic in-shape women

You do realize you are changing the discussion? I’m good…… be easy and take care.

Harry Callahan
10-22-2023, 01:32 PM
This week while I was in the eastern LA metro area (around Covina) the smog was so thick during the morning commute you could cut it with a knife.

A half-dressed mentally ill person complaining about his skin "being on fire" entered the building where I was working. A poor soul hooked on some kind of substance.

Three people in a Mercedes were executed by assailants dressed in Black (in LA proper). Heard about that on KTLA while eating my breakfast. The gunman got away as far as I know.

Just another week in "paradise". The weather was very nice, but man some things really suck out there as well. There as nice places to go out there of course - a place to visit and not live IMHO.

Harry Callahan
10-22-2023, 01:37 PM
I saw the game broadcast and this former player I've never heard of (JTA?) didn't totally bag on SA (he waffled on his comment a bit), but San Francisco has some MAJOR problems right now that do not appear to be getting addressed anytime soon. Oakland? Been there too - not great.

Living in a major Calf. city does not appeal to me in any way.

paperboy77
10-22-2023, 03:15 PM
SA does kinda suck. Way too hot, not enough things to do and the ones that are there.. EVERYONE is also there. Look at California, although the politics suck over there, there's still tons to do and the weather is outstanding for the most part. You can also do so many outdoor activities there. SA as much as I've always been proud to say I'm from there, sux.

Fizziksman
10-25-2023, 03:10 PM
We have a thriving DnD community.

Fizziksman
10-25-2023, 05:05 PM
:lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2::lobt2: