Pages : [1] 2

FrostKing
10-25-2023, 02:53 AM
https://i.ibb.co/8bsXkyb/F9-QXg7c-Wg-AAXMzw-jpg-large.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/CWXNxfp/web-231024-world-series-trophy-getty.jpg

https://i.ibb.co/DpSNd3w/Screenshot-20231025-005215-Chrome.png

Mark Celibate
10-25-2023, 08:12 AM
:lol who the f*ck saw this one coming? May be the lowest rated WS of all time Tbh

Mark Celibate
10-25-2023, 08:42 AM
I admit i know basically nothing about the dbacks. Last night was the first time I’ve watched them play all season, bullpen looks pretty nasty.

Im sure Texas will be favored because they went ooga booga on Houston the last two games, but they also went full ooga booga/hittin the stanky leg in the 10 and 11 ALCS only for the bats to go cold to start the world series

Monostradamus
10-25-2023, 08:53 AM
Heart says Rangers in 5.

Brain says this is the most wildly streaky team I’ve ever seen, and there is literally no outcome that would surprise me. Rangers could sweep, or they could get swept, and neither would be shocking.

Monostradamus
10-25-2023, 09:13 AM
I admit i know basically nothing about the dbacks. Last night was the first time I’ve watched them play all season, bullpen looks pretty nasty.

Im sure Texas will be favored because they went ooga booga on Houston the last two games, but they also went full ooga booga/hittin the stanky leg in the 10 and 11 ALCS only for the bats to go cold to start the world series
I feel like the 10 & 11 teams were too awkward to ever be champs. They manufactured that weird “claw/antlers” thing that’s pretty dumb in hindsight, and also couldn’t even celebrate series wins properly cuz of Hamilton, so they just shot ginger ale at each other.

Then you had Derek Holland screwing around doing Harry Caray impressions on TV in the middle of games, and Elvis too busy pranking Beltre instead of focusing on fielding hits properly. The locker room just didn’t conduct themselves like a champion.

Don’t know if this squad will win it all, but they have championship swagger for sure.

Mark Celibate
10-25-2023, 09:50 AM
I feel like the 10 & 11 teams were too awkward to ever be champs. They manufactured that weird “claw/antlers” thing that’s pretty dumb in hindsight, and also couldn’t even celebrate series wins properly cuz of Hamilton, so they just shot ginger ale at each other.

Then you had Derek Holland screwing around doing Harry Caray impressions on TV in the middle of games, and Elvis too busy pranking Beltre instead of focusing on fielding hits properly. The locker room just didn’t conduct themselves like a champion.

Don’t know if this squad will win it all, but they have championship swagger for sure.

:lmao:lmao:lmao

yeah this team is definitely more professional, and we've found our key "thuggin and buggin" piece in Garcia that all champions have. Heck, even Chapman has been bringing a little bit of thuggin and buggin lately too. Only thing that I felt like this team was missing was a clear cut vocal veteran leader, but Bochy's championship experience seems to have made up for that this postseason with all these road wins I didn't expect them to pull off

Thread
10-25-2023, 11:46 AM
I'll be just grateful to see it get back there to you guys in Texas. I have terrible harbinger that only your charter will return and I'll be stuck here with this morass of total loss.

Thread
10-25-2023, 11:47 AM

Forget about that "swagger" happy horseshit nonsense and just win the fuckin' thing, Mono.

Thread
10-25-2023, 11:48 AM

Robz4000
10-25-2023, 11:48 AM
Rangers in 6, maybe even 5. Dbacks have a much better bullpen than the Rangers have seen but the Rangers' main weakness (their own bullpen) won't be as vulnerable against this team. Dbacks use speed as their main weapon but the Rangers' infield is elite defensively and should be able to limit their opportunities. Only worry is the Rangers' bats go cold but even then as long as a few guys are hitting they can generate enough offense to win.

J.T.
10-25-2023, 11:49 AM
The storylines for this WS are pretty crazy.

-Both teams lost 100+ games just two seasons ago
-Both teams went 5-0 through the WC and DS, then won a Game 7 on the road against their league's reigning champion
-Lowest ever combined win total for both teams in a WS
-First time the WS matchup features both teams named after their state rather than the city they play in

There's also the role Arizona played in making Houston the AL West champs and thus dropping the Rangers into the Wild Card. The Rangers went 1-3 against the Mariners in the final regular season series while the Astros went 3-0 against....the Arizona Diamondbacks. Two of the three games between Arizona and Houston were decided by only 1 run. If Arizona had managed to win either of those games, the Rangers win the AL West, get a completely different path through the AL bracket, and would have had home field over Houston in the ALCS. Crazy.

On paper I feel like the Rangers should win but at this point it's the World Series and all bets are off. Both of these teams destroyed the teams we all expected to be here.

Thread
10-25-2023, 12:32 PM
Rangers in 6, maybe even 5. Dbacks have a much better bullpen than the Rangers have seen but the Rangers' main weakness (their own bullpen) won't be as vulnerable against this team. Dbacks use speed as their main weapon but the Rangers' infield is elite defensively and should be able to limit their opportunities. Only worry is the Rangers' bats go cold but even then as long as a few guys are hitting they can generate enough offense to win.

I pray you're right, Rob.

Mark Celibate
10-25-2023, 12:37 PM
Either way, I’m glad we’re done facing that Alvarez f*ck for the rest of this season. Christ, that guy was the most intimidating presence I’ve seen at the plate since prime Barry Bonds

Thread
10-26-2023, 12:16 AM
Either way, I’m glad we’re done facing that Alvarez f*ck for the rest of this season. Christ, that guy was the most intimidating presence I’ve seen at the plate since prime Barry Bonds

You wait till you have those Back cocksuckers on base. It's like a Caucasian fire drill.

Fat Brandon Bass
10-26-2023, 07:47 AM

This has been my sentiment too. The talent was there but boy, did they sure have a lot of weird f*cks on those teams. Didn’t get talked about as much since it wasn’t New York or LÁ.

also glad to know I’m not the only one who found Derek Holland cringe and unfunny as hell

FrostKing
10-27-2023, 03:20 PM
https://i.ibb.co/HBB8Yyh/Screenshot-20231027-131848-Chrome.png

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 07:15 PM
Big Nate with a sharp first inning.

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 07:20 PM
Bombi looms.

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 07:22 PM
As I said before, love Evan Carter.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2023, 07:31 PM
:smokin Thuggin and buggin Garcia

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 07:44 PM

He thugs. He bugs. He hits bombs.

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 07:57 PM
D'backs fighting back

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 08:10 PM
Great AB by Bombi. But ugh, cold as shit Garver up.

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 08:12 PM
D'backs fighting back

I'm rooting for the Rangers, but that was great "baseball" inning by the Dbacks. Small ball, stolen bases, speed.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2023, 08:13 PM
Dbacks remind of the 02 Angels, just slap the ball in play , hit and run, aggressive on the base paths, scrappy etc

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 08:14 PM
Big balls AB by Garver.

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 08:18 PM
I'm rooting for the Rangers, but that was great "baseball" inning by the Dbacks. Small ball, stolen bases, speed.

Yep, fun team to watch.

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 08:20 PM
Fuck Tommy Pham tbh.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2023, 10:28 PM
:wow this is the most "anti DFW" sports team ever

td4mvp2k
10-27-2023, 10:28 PM
seager gotdam

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 10:29 PM
Corey fucking Seager.

GAustex
10-27-2023, 10:38 PM
Dude threw a meatball to Seager

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 10:43 PM
Why oh why did Bochy pinch hit Austin Hedges there? Terrible decision.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2023, 10:48 PM
Ghost of Byung Hyun Kim in the 2001 World Series tbh

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 11:06 PM
Feels like the Rangers will lose this in the 12th tbh. Offense has been silent outside that Seager HR since the first.

Mark Celibate
10-27-2023, 11:10 PM

daboom1
10-27-2023, 11:10 PM
EL BAMBI!!!!

Robz4000
10-27-2023, 11:11 PM
Adolis!

td4mvp2k
wow adolis strikes again! d-backs almost stealing game 1 :lol

daboom1
LETS F'N GO

midnightpulp
10-27-2023, 11:12 PM
Bombi! You couldn't have the scripted this game any better. Lol.

td4mvp2k
10-27-2023, 11:14 PM
astrofan almost had a good nights sleep

Biggems
10-27-2023, 11:22 PM
astrofan almost had a good nights sleep

most Astros fans are rooting for the Rangers, in spite of their douchebag fans.

Millennial_Messiah
10-27-2023, 11:50 PM
This is some Timmy Duncan level MVP stuff by El Bombi -if- we win. Arizona is feisty and pesky.

Sure starting to erase the stink of David Freese.... one I've never truly gotten over tbh

J.T.
10-27-2023, 11:56 PM
Sure starting to erase the stink of David Freese.... one I've never truly gotten over tbh

They said it was 12 years to the date from that game 6 and with the walk off Garcia broke Freese's record for most RBI in a postseason.

Monostradamus
10-27-2023, 11:58 PM
most Astros fans are rooting for the Rangers, in spite of their douchebag fans.
True tbh, Astros got a ton of douchebag fans.

Thread
10-28-2023, 12:34 AM
Bombi! You couldn't have the scripted this game any better. Lol.

Thank Christ.

I was as nervous as a queer at wiener roast all day long.

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 01:14 AM
https://i.ibb.co/jrZJVmx/Screenshot-20231027-230210-Chrome.png

https://i.ibb.co/hBnM24f/Screenshot-20231027-230436-Chrome.png

https://youtu.be/zxB24tsJxzo?si=rUpkG7u4TSyy2d-q

midnightpulp
10-28-2023, 01:44 AM
Thank Christ.

I was as nervous as a queer at wiener roast all day long.

El Bombi

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 01:53 AM
"As much as the Mets suck this has been a great playoffs for their fans. Braves and Phillies choke then Seawald and Castro who they hated blow the World Series."

Braves forum :lol

Thread
10-28-2023, 04:48 AM
El Bombi

I don't care if it was Ish Kabbible.

I'm gonna need 3 more just like it.

& don't show up here Monday 1-1.

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 06:26 AM
El Bombi
I was telling my SD boys, the NLCS ain't like it was LAD vs ATL

Dodgers Seager, Bellinger, Turner, Joc, Enrique, Jenson. That was great opponent.

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 06:36 AM

Mark Celibate
10-28-2023, 10:02 AM
Feels like the Rangers will lose this in the 12th tbh. Offense has been silent outside that Seager HR since the first.

that's how I felt about Arizona after they chased Eovaldi in the 5th tbh...in fact they only managed two hits the rest of the game. That's what killed them IMO, if you chase a Rangers starter early, you have to make their weak bullpen pay for it like the Astros did in Games 3 and 4 of the ALCS. While the Rangers didn't score much until Seager's HR, they still had a lot of baserunners and drew 10 walks. Arizona looked completely lifeless after Pham's HR. A lot of quick strikeouts and noncompetitive at bats. They made everyone in our bullpen look like prime Dennis Eckersley tbh

Thread
10-28-2023, 10:33 AM
that's how I felt about Arizona after they chased Eovaldi in the 5th tbh...in fact they only managed two hits the rest of the game. That's what killed them IMO, if you chase a Rangers starter early, you have to make their weak bullpen pay for it like the Astros did in Games 3 and 4 of the ALCS. While the Rangers didn't score much until Seager's HR, they still had a lot of baserunners and drew 10 walks. Arizona looked completely lifeless after Pham's HR. A lot of quick strikeouts and noncompetitive at bats. They made everyone in our bullpen look like prime Dennis Eckersley tbh

Tell it, Mark.

Testify!!!

Mark

Mark Celibate
10-28-2023, 11:33 AM
Also, it's refreshing for once to have a good DFW team that is really boring. Outside of thuggin and buggin Garcia, this team has practically no personality...listening to Corey Seager's postgame interview was about as exciting as watching paint dry tbh...He11, even Garcia is pretty boring when interviewed. He reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler, gets fired up during the game but comes across as shy and reserved during interviews

J.T.
10-28-2023, 11:35 AM
I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there so excuse me if this is a bad idea, but I see a lot of people saying AZ should just walk Garcia from now on after this game.

If they do that would it be a good move to switch Semien and Garcia's spots in the lineup so Garcia is the lead off guy and in front of Seager? Seems like they'd have no choice but to pitch to Garcia, and might have the added benefit of letting Semien hit with traffic. Semien hasn't done very much lately and I could see that juicing his bat a little.

Mark Celibate
10-28-2023, 11:40 AM
I'm not the biggest baseball fan out there so excuse me if this is a bad idea, but I see a lot of people saying AZ should just walk Garcia from now on after this game.

If they do that would it be a good move to switch Semien and Garcia's spots in the lineup so Garcia is the lead off guy and in front of Seager? Seems like they'd have no choice but to pitch to Garcia, and might have the added benefit of letting Semien hit with traffic. Semien hasn't done very much lately and I could see that juicing his bat a little.

I just wouldn't give him much to hit but I wouldn't intentionally walk him. Garcia will never walk on 4 pitches, he has atleast one swing each at bat where he tries to hit it 600 ft no matter where the pitch is. Atleast make him take. That's what Arizona did to Harper and Schwarber in the NLCS tbh

No chance Bochy changes the lineup. Semien actually was making solid contact last night imho

Fat Brandon Bass
10-28-2023, 01:13 PM
Garcia is approaching 06 _ason Terry levels of _allas , South Oklahoma sports villains tbh

Monostradamus
10-28-2023, 01:29 PM
Garcia is approaching 06 _ason Terry levels of _allas , South Oklahoma sports villains tbh
Can’t wait till he nut taps Michael Finley and Spurs fans call on him to be hanged in Nuremberg.

Thread
10-28-2023, 05:02 PM
Also, it's refreshing for once to have a good DFW team that is really boring. Outside of thuggin and buggin Garcia, this team has practically no personality...listening to Corey Seager's postgame interview was about as exciting as watching paint dry tbh...He11, even Garcia is pretty boring when interviewed. He reminds me a lot of Tyson Chandler, gets fired up during the game but comes across as shy and reserved during interviews

Amen. Most times the [[[thuggin' and buggin']]] is a mask dunned because the pressure to perform in September-October is excruciating for all but a handful of truly gifted men. They don't need a redirect. "Just give me the fuckin' ball." "Just give me the fuckin' bat."

Thread
10-28-2023, 05:04 PM

It's pussy, J.T., but within the Back's consideration. They once walked Bonds with the bases loaded, years ago, and it was like early June.

Monostradamus
10-28-2023, 09:08 PM
Rangers have been thoroughly outplayed both games tbh

J.T.
10-28-2023, 09:16 PM
Rangers have been thoroughly outplayed both games tbh

Maybe they should pretend the Dbacks are wearing Astros jerseys and Bryan Abreu is pitching tbh

midnightpulp
10-28-2023, 10:16 PM
Flush this one, Rangers fans. Kelly was simply brilliant, painting corners and dotting the bottom of the zone to set up his wicked sinker-changeup. He was Maddux-like, and it was always a tall order to beat Greg Maddux when he was on. Basically have to win the game 1-0, 2-1. That said, Arizona does look like the better team. Their contact-and-speed style puts so much pressure on the pitching and defense, and is more dependable than the homerun centric offense of the Rangers. But the Rangers could always catch fire and bully their way to wins with the longball. Philly nearly did it, and would've won the series if Thomson didn't play Craig fuckin' Kimbrel. I also like the Rangers overall lineup more than Phillies. They don't have anywhere near the dead spots that the Phillies had in their lineup (Castellanos, Rojas). And I feel the DBacks have the same starting pitching problem as the Rangers. A big drop off after the top two. I don't buy Pfaadt as legit yet. Pens are about equal.

So the series is going to come down to small ball vs. big ball.

Robz4000
10-28-2023, 10:55 PM
Flush this one, Rangers fans. Kelly was simply brilliant, painting corners and dotting the bottom of the zone to set up his wicked sinker-changeup. He was Maddux-like, and it was always a tall order to beat Greg Maddux when he was on. Basically have to win the game 1-0, 2-1. That said, Arizona does look like the better team. Their contact-and-speed style puts so much pressure on the pitching and defense, and is more dependable than the homerun centric offense of the Rangers. But the Rangers could always catch fire and bully their way to wins with the longball. Philly nearly did it, and would've won the series if Thomson didn't play Craig fuckin' Kimbrel. I also like the Rangers overall lineup more than Phillies. They don't have anywhere near the dead spots that the Phillies had in their lineup (Castellanos, Rojas). And I feel the DBacks have the same starting pitching problem as the Rangers. A big drop off after the top two. I don't buy Pfaadt as legit yet. Pens are about equal.

So the series is going to come down to small ball vs. big ball.

This was a throwaway game imo. Whoever lost last night was gonna win tonight.

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 11:37 PM
https://i.ibb.co/3M7mM7p/Screenshot-20231028-213748-Chrome.png

https://i.ibb.co/VtMMtsN/Screenshot-20231028-213558-Chrome.png

For Rangers, no better time to pack up and travel :lol

FrostKing
10-28-2023, 11:40 PM
https://i.ibb.co/VVRKf0P/Screenshot-20231028-213937-Chrome.png

Game 3 on Monday

Thread
10-28-2023, 11:45 PM
Fuck me.

Thread
10-29-2023, 12:09 AM
Their Ranger assholes are gonna be so damn tight come Monday evening up the street here you couldn't drag a straight pin out of 'em with a 20-mule team.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

I genuinely thought I'd have no worries whatsoever until at least come June with the Suns. Fuckin' nightmare.

Robz4000
10-29-2023, 01:05 AM
Their Ranger assholes are gonna be so damn tight come Monday evening up the street here you couldn't drag a straight pin out of 'em with a 20-mule team.

I can't believe this is actually happening.

I genuinely thought I'd have no worries whatsoever until at least come June with the Suns. Fuckin' nightmare.

Rangers win game 3, not a doubt in my mind.

Thread
10-29-2023, 01:07 AM
Rangers win game 3, not a doubt in my mind.

Well, that allows me to feel a bit better.

DeadlyDynasty
10-29-2023, 07:37 AM
Can’t wait till he nut taps Michael Finley and Spurs fans call on him to be hanged in Nuremberg.
:lol

I came to ST after this (post Gasol-trade Laker fan for life, nigga) but they were still complaining about this well into the following decade.

Mark Celibate
10-29-2023, 09:04 AM
Still not too concerned, imho. Kelly just pitched a gem, not worried about them piling on runs against the corpse of Martin Perez tbh

Will Hunting
10-29-2023, 12:14 PM
Pfaadt continuing his great postseason might be the x-factor that decides this series. If they can get 5-6 solid innings out of him and win game 3 I obviously like their chances, but they’re gonna need to rely on their bullpen a lot in game 4 so they can’t be going deep into it in game 3.

Will Hunting
10-29-2023, 12:18 PM
I still think Texas is favored tho tbh….the DBacks aren’t going to bang in 9 runs very often and game 1 was such a missed opportunity that I see coming back to bite them.

Thread
10-29-2023, 03:02 PM
I still think Texas is favored tho tbh….the DBacks aren’t going to bang in 9 runs very often and game 1 was such a missed opportunity that I see coming back to bite them.

You mean it was a (good thing) the Rangers lost last night, Will?

You're misjudging the Backs. They'd ain't jaded yet, not even close. They see it right fucking there and all they have to do is finish it, God forbid.

For the umpteenth time I'll quote "John Coffey" out of...-The Green Mile-..."Careful."

Will Hunting
10-29-2023, 04:03 PM
You mean it was a (good thing) the Rangers lost last night, Will?

You're misjudging the Backs. They'd ain't jaded yet, not even close. They see it right fucking there and all they have to do is finish it, God forbid.

For the umpteenth time I'll quote "John Coffey" out of...-The Green Mile-..."Careful."
I’m not saying it was a good thing, I’m saying that the next time the Rangers bats are working it’s unlikely that Arizona is scoring 9 runs again.

Thread
10-29-2023, 06:40 PM
I’m not saying it was a good thing, I’m saying that the next time the Rangers bats are working it’s unlikely that Arizona is scoring 9 runs again.

Fine. I didn't want to get you mad at me. I'm down to da & hater. I'm on everybody else's shit list.

Will Hunting
10-29-2023, 06:42 PM
Fine. I didn't want to get you mad at me. I'm down to da & hater. I'm on everybody else's shit list.
I wasn't getting mad at you :lol, it was a fair question to ask. My initial post was awkwardly phrased.

Mark Celibate
10-29-2023, 08:12 PM
the Rangers do need to do something to slow down the Dbacks on the basepaths tbh ... even if it's just slowing the game down to a crawl by attempting a million pick off throws

This is almost the complete opposite of playing the Astros. They'd make you sweat every inning, but majority of the time they'd leave multiple runners on without scoring. Arizona has had several innings already thus far where they go down pretty quickly but those innings where they get someone on base early on? Almost guaranteed to score. Singles are basically doubles considering the Rangers do nothing to stop them from getting to 1st or 2nd. If there aren't any outs, it's just been an automatic run because they bunt or make sure to slap it in play and atleast get productive outs.

If the Rangers keep handing them second base on a platter, I don't think they can survive this series. As a fan of baseball though, it is fun to watch. Haven't seen a team play small ball like this since the 02 Angels, who would just bludgeon you to death with hit and runs

FrostKing
10-29-2023, 10:05 PM
Dbacks are the more well rounded team. Rangers have higher upside.

Tex getting to Sewald in Game1 will have lasting effect as we get into the later games

Thread
10-30-2023, 10:32 AM
Dbacks are the more well rounded team. Rangers have higher upside.

Tex getting to Sewald in Game1 will have lasting effect as we get into the later games

...let us pray that is so.

Thread
10-30-2023, 10:37 AM
the Rangers do need to do something to slow down the Dbacks on the basepaths tbh ... even if it's just slowing the game down to a crawl by attempting a million pick off throws

This is almost the complete opposite of playing the Astros. They'd make you sweat every inning, but majority of the time they'd leave multiple runners on without scoring. Arizona has had several innings already thus far where they go down pretty quickly but those innings where they get someone on base early on? Almost guaranteed to score. Singles are basically doubles considering the Rangers do nothing to stop them from getting to 1st or 2nd. If there aren't any outs, it's just been an automatic run because they bunt or make sure to slap it in play and atleast get productive outs.

If the Rangers keep handing them second base on a platter, I don't think they can survive this series. As a fan of baseball though, it is fun to watch. Haven't seen a team play small ball like this since the 02 Angels, who would just bludgeon you to death with hit and runs

& every team had the same rule change book in front of them and did nothing to take advantage of OR take precautions against it, cept the Backs. Just whistled past the graveyard. Sure, next season they'll prepare themselves to combat it, OR, most likely beg (in private) MLB to change it all back. One fucking team sees it coming and I catch the fuckin' hanger and now will pay dearly.

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 07:43 PM
SeaGOAT!

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 07:45 PM
:lol jeez his HRs are always nukes

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 07:45 PM
Pfaadt tried to get cute by starting off Seager with a change up again, and Corey said fuck that shit

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 07:47 PM
:lol jeez his HRs are always nukes

114mph exit velo. Hardest of his career.

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 07:48 PM
hoping we get to see MVChapman in this game tbh

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 08:08 PM
fuck, Scherzer injured... Ranger bats really gotta have their A game these next two games

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 08:27 PM
Gray looking like prime Greg Maddux imo

Fat Brandon Bass
10-30-2023, 08:34 PM
I can't believe these are the best commentators they have...this game has basically been Smoltz acting like an Arizona Diamonbacks motivational speaker/business consultant. Spent the last few innings telling us how great Pfaadt is and his autobiography along with how the Diamondbacks are in complete control of this series. Oh wait, the Rangers are up 3-0?

Smoltz is such a dumbfuck

Fat Brandon Bass
10-30-2023, 08:44 PM
Smoltz going full deep throat now tbh

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 09:04 PM
Pham bending the Rangers over and ignoring the 'safe word' IMHO

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 09:20 PM
GET DOOOOWWWWWNNNN HERE COMES CHAAAAAPPPP

Monostradamus
10-30-2023, 09:23 PM
:lmao we’re about to blow this game and lose Adolis/Scherzer all in one night. Typical Ranger fan experience tbh

Robz4000
10-30-2023, 09:24 PM
Welp

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 09:25 PM
:lol Chumpman

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 09:30 PM
Chappie with one of the best pitches of his career

Mark Celibate
GOATman :worthy::worthy::worthy::worthy:

Spurminator
I can't believe these are the best commentators they have...this game has basically been Smoltz acting like an Arizona Diamonbacks motivational speaker/business consultant. Spent the last few innings telling us how great Pfaadt is and his autobiography along with how the Diamondbacks are in complete control of this series. Oh wait, the Rangers are up 3-0?

Smoltz is such a dumbfuck

They've been fine. Thinking the national announcers are biased against you is typical "dumb fan" behavior tbh.

Spurminator
10-30-2023, 09:33 PM
Huge to get out of the Chapman inning only giving up one. Get a few runs here and leave him in for the ninth, then maybe you won't ever have to use him again.

midnightpulp
10-30-2023, 09:34 PM
The Rangers have played some of the best defense I've ever seen in a single game tonight.

Fat Brandon Bass
10-30-2023, 09:34 PM
Huge to get out of the Chapman inning only giving up one. Get a few runs here and leave him in for the ninth, then maybe you won't ever have to use him again.

:lol no shit retard

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 09:36 PM
Garcia's thuggin and buggin "swinging for the moon" approach did come back to bite him in the end tbh :cry

Spurminator
10-30-2023, 09:37 PM
:lol no shit retard

:cry they're not validating me by praising my team enough :cry

Robz4000
10-30-2023, 09:57 PM
Great win. Just gotta hope Garcia is alright.

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 09:57 PM
"This win was bigger for Texas than the loss was for Arizona". :lol the f*ck?

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 09:59 PM
Well....the $500 million finally paid off and in the biggest game of the year. Everybody else looked completely lost at the plate tbh

Monostradamus
10-30-2023, 10:02 PM
Not wrong tbh. For Texas to be up 2-1 when they’re playing like absolute garbage is inconceivable tbh. And with Heany/Dunning on deck for Game 4 that’s a guaranteed loss. D-Backs were extremely close to being up 3-0 with an easy closeout game.

If the bats can just get hot for one game, and we get BSD Eovaldi, then we can win a series we easily could have (and probably should have) lost.

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 10:15 PM
Not wrong tbh. For Texas to be up 2-1 when they’re playing like absolute garbage is inconceivable tbh. And with Heany/Dunning on deck for Game 4 that’s a guaranteed loss. D-Backs were extremely close to being up 3-0 with an easy closeout game.

If the bats can just get hot for one game, and we get BSD Eovaldi, then we can win a series we easily could have (and probably should have) lost.

I actually feel ok about Game 4 considering our bullpen has done pretty well outside of Stratton/Perez just sucking at the end of Game 2 when it was pretty much over. It'll be a bullpen game for both teams. Tonight was the one I thought would be the for sure loss tbh.

Spurminator
10-30-2023, 10:16 PM
Does Jon Gray start game 7 if it goes that far?

Thread
10-30-2023, 10:41 PM
Thank Christ.

Just get that win tomorrow night and that should do it.

Thread
10-30-2023, 10:43 PM

Don't talk like this, Mono, I get so scared after being so happy seconds ago. GD you.

Thread
10-30-2023, 10:46 PM

Good shit, Spurm. Your finest hour.

Monostradamus
10-30-2023, 10:50 PM
Don't talk like this, Mono, I get so scared after being so happy seconds ago. GD you.
If Scherzer/Sborz/Adolis are all out for the remainder of the series, then the other Ranger bats better wake up quick and end this series early, because this team will be running on fumes come games 6 & 7.

Millennial_Messiah
10-30-2023, 11:10 PM
I actually feel ok about Game 4 considering our bullpen has done pretty well outside of Stratton/Perez just sucking at the end of Game 2 when it was pretty much over. It'll be a bullpen game for both teams. Tonight was the one I thought would be the for sure loss tbh.

I love bullpen games actually... shootouts... 11-9 type games... but they were almost always more fun and interesting in NL home games in the world series with the old rules (no DH).

As this game is at Arizona, an NL team... imagine if the old rules were still in place. Pinch hitters, swapping out pitchers basically every other inning or even less if it's a shootout, running out of position players quickly. Whenever it'd go to extra innings it'd be hilarious trench warfare. Kept the scores down a bit because the pitcher batting position was almost always a dud or an ice-cold pinch hitter, but, still exciting when just about everyone else could get on base at any time... was fun to watch pitchers fail at bunting and bunt into a double play... kind of lowkey bad that Manfred nerfed that shit, tbh. :lol

Mark Celibate
10-30-2023, 11:28 PM
If Scherzer/Sborz/Adolis are all out for the remainder of the series, then the other Ranger bats better wake up quick and end this series early, because this team will be running on fumes come games 6 & 7.

Yep, IF Garcia is out then whoever wins tomorrow wins the series IMO. Individually Games 5 and 7 would be tough, but I think up 3-1 they'd manage to pull one of those three out. Atleast this isn't the f*cking Cowboys where even a slight bit of adversity or injury automatically derails the whole season

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 11:07 AM
Yep, IF Garcia is out then whoever wins tomorrow wins the series IMO. Individually Games 5 and 7 would be tough, but I think up 3-1 they'd manage to pull one of those three out. Atleast this isn't the f*cking Cowboys where even a slight bit of adversity or injury automatically derails the whole season

Jung and Heim going cold at the worst possible time is the biggest issue. Semien choking is per par, but right now without Adolis, they can just pitch around Seager and then let Carter slap his single & get stranded on base.

Maybe it’s my Rangerfan pessimism, but even up 2-1, without Adolis I have zero confidence they can win this series. If Adolis comes back I’m still only 50/50.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 11:45 AM
Jung and Heim going cold at the worst possible time is the biggest issue. Semien choking is per par, but right now without Adolis, they can just pitch around Seager and then let Carter slap his single & get stranded on base.

Maybe it’s my Rangerfan pessimism, but even up 2-1, without Adolis I have zero confidence they can win this series. If Adolis comes back I’m still only 50/50.

I don’t even care about Scherzer’s injury that much but Adolis would be a HUGE loss. Even if he’s 0-fer, him and Seager are the only two guys on the team that don’t seem to go through prolonged dry spells. Adolis can go “ooga booga” anytime and change the momentum with a mammoth HR that he’s done throughout the playoffs. Even if he’s only batting .200, he’s such a game changer. If Adolis is ok, then I feel pretty confident otherwise I’d say it’s pretty much a 50/50 shot depending on who wins tonight. Fortunately all of Arizona’s lineup outside of Pham went cold yesterday too

J.T.
10-31-2023, 04:41 PM
Garcia out of the lineup tonight but available off the bench per Twitter. Garver moved up to bat at 3, Taveras moved to 8 and Jankowski in at 9.

I suppose it's a good sign they are not shutting him down. Looks like he tried to warm up before the game and they went with this decision.

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 05:12 PM
About the only positive I can find is that this team has thrived all year in the underdog role (especially in the postseason), and wilted once they exceeded expectations and became favorites (also in the postseason). They went on a 6 game winning streak and swept the Blue Jays the last time Adolis got hurt.

Losing Adolis definitely makes them the underdog again.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 05:22 PM
While nobody is really good enough to get the “Bonds treatment” these days, if im Arizona I’m “intentionally unintentionally” walking Seager everytime now

J.T.
10-31-2023, 07:41 PM
Well Semien sure picked a great time to find his bat again

midnightpulp
10-31-2023, 07:43 PM
SeaGOAT

td4mvp2k
10-31-2023, 07:44 PM
Rangers rolling :smokin

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:08 PM
uhhh, so so who needs Garcia?

Robz4000
10-31-2023, 08:09 PM
:danceclub

Mark Celibate
:lol 10-0, wtf?

midnightpulp
Good "white man" hitting there by Jankowski. Didn't swing for the moon and just flicked a double into the gap.

J.T.
10 runs scored all with 2 outs, insane

Mark Celibate
Good "white man" hitting there by Jankowski. Didn't swing for the moon and just flicked a double into the gap.

roflrofl

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:11 PM

yeah just need Taveras to fix his 'ooga booga' swing for the fences approach, and then there really won't be any holes in this lineup

DeadlyDynasty
10-31-2023, 08:13 PM
Man, when the Rangers get going it turns into tee ball fast

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 08:16 PM
Just great, now we’re gonna be the team that blows a 3-1 lead :rolleyes

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 08:26 PM
Jumping on them this early means they can throw in a long reliever and keep the bullpen fresh. Could bite the Rangers later in the series.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:35 PM
Heaney sure is nitpicking for being up 10-0 tbh

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:39 PM
Just great, now we’re gonna be the team that blows a 3-1 lead :rolleyes

f*ck me, gonna be the first WS team in history to blow a 10 run lead aren't we?

Robz4000
10-31-2023, 08:41 PM
f*ck me, gonna be the first WS team in history to blow a 10 run lead aren't we?

All with 2 outs in the bottom of the 9th.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:42 PM
We need to make it 13-1 this inning, or else this is gonna be an L...bullpen won't be able to hold them to 9 more runs IMHO

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 08:44 PM
Taveras has been nowhere to be found since his ALCS Game 1 home run off of Verlander tbh

Spurminator
10-31-2023, 08:54 PM
The Rangers are that fucking team this year. I'm not even worried about a jinx.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 09:37 PM
The weirdest thing about this playoff road dominance, is that the Rangers were a bad road team all season...had the worst road record of all AL playoff teams. Just came completely out of nowhere

Spurminator
10-31-2023, 09:47 PM
Yeah so did the bullpen dominance though. In Bochy I trust.

Robz4000
10-31-2023, 09:52 PM
Choke incoming?

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 09:53 PM
Bring in GOATman for the 9th tbh

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 10:20 PM
Why is he using Leclerc? Give him the night off, we might really need him tomorrow.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 10:21 PM

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 10:21 PM
oh my god if we choke this…

Robz4000
10-31-2023, 10:24 PM
Great, Bochy just fucked Leclerc's confidence.

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 10:25 PM
f*ck it, one more win n1ggas :smokin

Robz4000
10-31-2023, 10:25 PM
One win away.

Monostradamus
10-31-2023, 10:26 PM
I’ve never felt less confident about a 3-1 lead tbh. I guess we’ll see if the offense stays focused, or if they’re doing the stanky leg/hittin the griddy prematurely.

daboom1
10-31-2023, 10:27 PM
One more game please Rangers

https://thestarryeye.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cdd0d53ef010536c844f7970b-600wi

Mark Celibate
10-31-2023, 10:27 PM
would be nice if Taveras shows up just once...dude's been MIA for like two weeks now. He was sucking even in garbage time :lol

td4mvp2k
10-31-2023, 10:30 PM
ugly finish and its nice being up 3-1 but this d-backs team dont give up... will be fun to see if the rangers can finally clinch that chip

Thread
10-31-2023, 10:59 PM
One more game please Rangers

https://thestarryeye.typepad.com/.a/6a00d8341cdd0d53ef010536c844f7970b-600wi

Amen.

Make 'em stay here. Don't take 'em back to Texas with ya's.

Thread
10-31-2023, 11:00 PM
I’ve never felt less confident about a 3-1 lead tbh. I guess we’ll see if the offense stays focused, or if they’re doing the stanky leg/hittin the griddy prematurely.

Don't cast a pall over it, Mono. Don't do that, please.

midnightpulp
10-31-2023, 11:07 PM
Don't cast a pall over it, Mono. Don't do that, please.

One win, Cub. Just one win away from the tumult in your belly no longer being at high tide.

J.T.
10-31-2023, 11:08 PM
Dbacks scored most of those runs off of mop up guys they wont see tomorrow. Eovaldi is the the keystone, if he pitches like he did in all his other starts besides game 1 Rangers will have a great shot at finishing them.

daboom1
10-31-2023, 11:17 PM
Amen.

Make 'em stay here. Don't take 'em back to Texas with ya's.

Thread
10-31-2023, 11:28 PM
One win, Cub. Just one win away from the tumult in your belly no longer being at high tide.

Amen, I can finally listen to the radio again.

Monostradamus
11-01-2023, 06:47 AM
https://i.ibb.co/V3HDNyW/IMG-2633.jpg

Will Hunting
11-01-2023, 09:47 AM
If this was said after game 3 it’s really retarded. Game 4 was always going to be tough for AZ given that they don’t have anything resembling a competent #4 starter; then losing game 3 made a 3-1 deficit very likely.

If anything the opposite was true, Arizona needed game 3 way more than Texas did.

Will Hunting
11-01-2023, 09:48 AM
Arizona is a scrappy team that plays smallball well, but imo it just doesn’t have the offensive firepower to win 3 straight against Texas.

Thread
11-01-2023, 09:59 AM
If this was said after game 3 it’s really retarded. Game 4 was always going to be tough for AZ given that they don’t have anything resembling a competent #4 starter; then losing game 3 made a 3-1 deficit very likely.

If anything the opposite was true, Arizona needed game 3 way more than Texas did.

And they made damn sure to drag Hazen/GM across the coals last night over that very point (4th starter.) They'd left him alone pretty much, his wife died of the cancer a year ago, but the gloves game off last night.

Monostradamus
11-01-2023, 10:20 AM
Arizona is a scrappy team that plays smallball well, but imo it just doesn’t have the offensive firepower to win 3 straight against Texas.
On paper, the Rangers should end this tonight no doubt, but I’ve seen this team inexplicably go into a tailspin for multiple games way too many times this season to ever feel comfortable.

Pitching LeClerc last night was a huge mistake as well. He’s already been overworked, and if we get into a situation where he has to come in during the 8th inning to bail out Chapman yet again, he may not have enough juice to finish the 9th.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 10:26 AM

the way he worded it was awkward at the time, but I get where he was coming now from considering the potential for Garcia/Scherzer/Sborz to have all been injured in Game 3.

Smoltz has taken a lot of heat this postseason, IMO, his "what and where should the pitcher throw next?" analysis has been pretty good. But other than that, he talks like a casual fan who just turned on a baseball game for the first time in 2 years. Just "captain obvious" Troy Aikman like statements "It would be really big here if they keep it to one run!" or "Man, if you're Texas you'd really prefer not to have Arizona get any closer to where you have to bring your closer in!"...I mean, you and I could go behind the booth right now and start calling games if that's all it takes :lol

I guess it's still better than the token ESPN 'ooga booga' affirmative blacktion hire, stuttering through the teleprompter tbh imho

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 11:50 AM
On paper, the Rangers should end this tonight no doubt, but I’ve seen this team inexplicably go into a tailspin for multiple games way too many times this season to ever feel comfortable.

Pitching LeClerc last night was a huge mistake as well. He’s already been overworked, and if we get into a situation where he has to come in during the 8th inning to bail out Chapman yet again, he may not have enough juice to finish the 9th.
LeClerc barely pitched. While shelving him with that kind of lead would have been better, a small few pitches does shake off the rust, even if one guy hit off him.

J.T.
11-01-2023, 11:51 AM
The biggest question I have right now is which Rangers player fucked John Smoltz's wife?

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 11:52 AM

And the Rangers do? :lol

We were more lucky than good that AZ's batting sucked yesterday up until garbage time (if there even is such a thing in baseball). I expected the 11 runs for the Rangers, but also close to that for AZ.

Now, the Rangers don't have a #3 or #4 as Scherzer is out and we're also missing our top slugger.

Tonight with our ace (Eovaldi) is a MUST WIN for us. If we lose somehow, I fully expect us to drop both at home, especially considering how godawful Montgomery was in Game 2.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 12:00 PM

We were more lucky than good that AZ's batting sucked yesterday up until garbage time (if there even is such a thing in baseball). I expected the 11 runs for the Rangers, but also close to that for AZ.

Now, the Rangers don't have a #3 or #4 as Scherzer is out and we're also missing our top slugger.

Tonight with our ace (Eovaldi) is a MUST WIN for us. If we lose somehow, I fully expect us to drop both at home, especially considering how godawful Montgomery was in Game 2.

sons JasonGarrett needs to take notes from Corey Seager on how to properly put on a “Bot” personality while still being competent tbh imho

Will Hunting
11-01-2023, 12:40 PM

The Rangers don’t need a #4 starter as much as AZ since they have bats that can carry them.

Your point about Scherzer is valid though since it puts the Rangers in a pretty bad spot if the DBacks force a game 7, I just don’t see that happening

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 01:07 PM
Also :lol at tonight being a "must win" for the Rangers. The three headed group of Heaney/Dunning/Gray have proven they can step up when needed this series. If this were Houston, where everybody not named Eovaldi/Montgomery was getting teed off on, then yeah I'd consider the Viability of Suicide if this went to Game 7. I know it's a fun schtick to always "reverse jinx" and jump off a bridge with DFW teams, but I actually do feel pretty good now with the spot they're in.

Monostradamus
11-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Also :lol at tonight being a "must win" for the Rangers. The three headed group of Heaney/Dunning/Gray have proven they can step up when needed this series. If this were Houston, where everybody not named Eovaldi/Montgomery was getting teed off on, then yeah I'd consider the Viability of Suicide if this went to Game 7. I know it's a fun schtick to always "reverse jinx" and jump off a bridge with DFW teams, but I actually do feel pretty good now with the spot they're in.

It’s definitely PTSD from 2011, but I genuinely can’t get my hopes up again with the Rangers. Until out #27 is secured in somebody’s glove, I will expect this team to blow it.

Thread
11-01-2023, 03:10 PM

You don't fuck around. Spite the player agents, you send every fucking pitcher you have to the bullpen before first pitch. "Don't come back up here. If I need you I'll call down there. Be ready and don't say a fuckin' word to your agent, or wife, or, to me about your agent and your wife. GO-DOWN-THERE!"

Thread
11-01-2023, 03:13 PM
It’s definitely PTSD from 2011, but I genuinely can’t get my hopes up again with the Rangers. Until out #27 is secured in somebody’s glove, I will expect this team to blow it.

Christ, I'm feeling good and I come here and find you all fucked up and now I'm partially fucked up because of it. GD it!!!

Thread
11-01-2023, 03:19 PM
I read this book when I was a child. Never forgot it, or, it's plain message. It's title -Junk Ball Pitcher- about a rookie phenom with a 100+ fastball who was destined for greatness. Well, you guessed it, he blew it out and had to become a -Junk Ball Pitcher-...Team doctor: "You can't throw the fast ball again, young man, or, your arm will be, well worthless on and off the field of baseball."

He made himself into a -Junk Ball Pitcher-...until one day in the WS he was called upon to close it. Took the mound and for one shining moment threw that blazer one last time, so, he'd not be known as -Junk Ball Pitcher- The pain was excruciating pitch by pitch. He bit thru the lips, blood pouring from his mouth. The adhesion's built up in his shoulder shuddered and quaked, but 100 mph was achieved again and again, and again.

Lesson? If you want to make President, you fuckin' make President.

-45-

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 04:12 PM

Yup

Then again I expected it with Neftali Feliz on the mound then, even with one strike to go and a two run lead multiple times... I just never trusted that guy, at all.

I dunno, the way Montgomery looked in game 2 against the "lesser bats" of AZ, I wouldn't feel comfortable at all flying home without the World Series trophy tonight.

The Rangers don’t need a #4 starter as much as AZ since they have bats that can carry them.

Your point about Scherzer is valid though since it puts the Rangers in a pretty bad spot if the DBacks force a game 7, I just don’t see that happening
Ehh, I think the bats are fairly evenly matched (we're still better, but only slightly) once you take out Garcia.

I'm not even comfortable at all with Montgomery in a game 6 -nor- a friendly bullpen vs. enemy starter nightmare scenario game 7.

Tonight is the game the Rangers must win.

Otherwise, this could be 2011 but on lollerskates. Losing up 3-1 in the series to a fringe non-playoff team that wouldn't have made the playoffs most years, arguably a bigger and more epically embarrassing choke job than being up 7-5 with two outs and two strikes in Game 6 up 3-2 against the mighty big bats of the 2011 St Louis Cardinals and choking. Especially after Feliz strike out Ryan Theriot to leadoff the bottom of the 9th inning and we're two quick outs away...ugh..

...And to think Josh Hamilton had won the trophy back for us in the 10th, only to lose in the 11th somehow... ughhhhh.....

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 05:19 PM
yeah...idk, I guess anything can happen but they proved they weren't the choking fagg0ts of old after coming back from the crushing Game 5 loss against the Astros. I was 100% convinced it was all over after det one tbh

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 05:21 PM
but :lmao yeah, if they were to blow this one too I'll start loading the chamber tbh imho

GAustex
11-01-2023, 06:28 PM
Champagne is on ice

GAustex
11-01-2023, 06:38 PM
The fat lady is warming up the vocal cords

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 06:51 PM
LET'S MOTHERFUCKING GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

TIMMYtoZO
11-01-2023, 07:02 PM
Rangers will choke just like I called it in 2011. I swear on my life more than I ever did my Heat that Texas will NOT win tonight nor this series. Dbacks in 7!

Fat Brandon Bass
11-01-2023, 07:18 PM
:lol Rangers looking tighter than mookie's dress shirt i saaaaiiiidddd

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 07:23 PM
My butthole is sufficiently puckered tbh imo fwiw.

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 07:52 PM
Eovaldi never should've started tonight tbh.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 07:54 PM

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 07:59 PM
they're not even giving Evo rest, 3 up 3 down every inning

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 08:14 PM
they're not even giving Evo rest, 3 up 3 down every inning

Shit, Gallen has a perfect game going.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:20 PM
atleast they're making him work now

J.T.
11-01-2023, 08:26 PM
Shit, Gallen has a perfect game going.

Not anymore. No hitter still in play though

Monostradamus
11-01-2023, 08:26 PM
How this game is still 0-0, I have no clue. Feels like the Rangers are getting destroyed.

This is going to Game 7.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:35 PM
:lmao

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 08:36 PM
Jesus fucking Christ, how many bullets can you dodge?

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:38 PM
This is the game we really miss Garcia's 'ooga booga' swing tbh

Monostradamus
11-01-2023, 08:45 PM
This is the game we really miss Garcia's 'ooga booga' swing tbh
They miss his irrational confidence tbh. This team is playing tighter than the 2007 Mavs, and Garcia would be giving them some 2007 Warriors energy.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:46 PM
They miss his irrational confidence tbh. This team is playing tighter than the 2007 Mavs, and Garcia would be giving them some 2007 Warriors energy.

:lol :wow :wow :wow :lol

Good one

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:47 PM
Who would have thought Eovaldi would be shaky and Gallen would be the one pitching the no-hitter through 6. Would have thought the other way around.

How many pitches/innings does Eovaldi have left guys???

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:48 PM
They confirmed it's Eovaldi's last inning.

SHIT.

Who is going to replace him?

Do we put Leclerc in?

I don't see us surviving with any other pitcher.

Montgomery???

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:53 PM
I say considering the way that inning went we need to trot out Eovaldi one more inning.

Can't afford to have fucky shitty pitching in innings 7 and 8 in a 0-0 game tbh

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:54 PM
I say considering the way that inning went we need to trot out Eovaldi one more inning.

Can't afford to have fucky shitty pitching in innings 7 and 8 in a 0-0 game tbh

yep, wtf are they saving him for? Drop your sack on the table and go the extra mile

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:55 PM
Eovaldi never should've started tonight tbh.

There's definitely an argument we should have gone with the 'pen tonight and saved Eovaldi and Montgomery for games 6 and 7 tbh.

But ending it in Arizona tonight was too tempting for Bochy and crew, I guess

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:55 PM
yep, wtf are they saving him for? Drop your sack on the table and go the extra mile

The worst thing is AZ's ace is sitting on a no hitter through 7 and is probably going 8 or 9 innings.

WTF are they saving Eovaldi for...? April?

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:56 PM
The worst thing is AZ's ace is sitting on a no hitter and is probably going 8 or 9 innings.

Ha! Not so fast my friend!

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:57 PM
Ha! Not so fast my friend!

FINALLY SEAGER HITS THE BAT LOL BOUT DAMN TIME

Now let's get a run or two and FINISH THIS FIGHT.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 08:58 PM
GET DOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN

Robz4000
Here we go!

Millennial_Messiah
BASED EVAN CARTER GODDAMN HE SHOULD HAVE HIT FURTHER TO THE RIGHT SO SEAGAR COULD HAVE SCORED DAMN IT

IF THEY STRAND THEM BOTH I'm GONNA BE PISSED

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 08:59 PM
GET DOOOOOWWWWWNNNNN

We haven't even scored yet. Hold your damn horses before you jinx us.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:00 PM
YES!!! FINALLY A SCORE. GARVER DOES IT...

Got damn, why did Carter have to stop at third... ugh.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:01 PM
It's hilarious that Eovaldi is on pace to get the "W" even though he's been thoroughly outplayed by Zac Gallen

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:01 PM
We haven't even scored yet. Hold your damn horses before you jinx us.

N1gga, is your TV 5 minutes behind or something?

J.T.
11-01-2023, 09:02 PM
I think Eovaldi is probably done for tonight. Especially if Rangers get any more runs in here.

Gallen had a great fucking night until it unraveled for him in the 7th. Hats off to him.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:03 PM
N1gga, is your TV 5 minutes behind or something?

I'm happy we finally got a run, but IMO it's going to take more than 1 this inning to win. We need at least one or two insurance runs, because our pitching in innings 7 and 8 are going to be dogshit.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:04 PM
I think Eovaldi is probably done for tonight. Especially if Rangers get any more runs in here.

Gallen had a great fucking night until it unraveled for him in the 7th. Hats off to him.

Eovaldi was already confirmed done after that last strikeout in the bottom of the 6th.

Gallen outplayed him for sure, but sometimes getting out of tough innings you stick your own team in is a hidden skill.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:04 PM
I would just intentionally walk Heim to load the bases just to pitch to Taveras

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:05 PM
Why not steal second and BUNT Here????

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:06 PM
Shit, double play in the worst way.

Why didn't we bunt????????????

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 09:07 PM
Needed to score two or three there. Still feels like this is heading back to Texas.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:08 PM
Shit, stranded them both. :bang

1-0 will not be enough.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:10 PM
Needed to score two or three there. Still feels like this is heading back to Texas.

nah GOATman is in now, this sh!t is over

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:10 PM

I don't get why you don't steal second and bunt with 1 out with Carter on third base there... could have had an easy second run.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:11 PM
nah GOATman is in now, this sh!t is over

Yep. Chokin' Chapman time, you can already book your flights to Arlington to watch the arizona offense tee off on Montgomery Friday.

Mark Celibate
I believe in you, Chappy

J.T.
The Aroldis Chapman Experience. "Excuse me, while I walk this guy."

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:12 PM
8 outs left, but with the slimmest of leads, it's going to be a marathon.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 09:15 PM
To me Chappy is most often either On or Off.
Tonight? On imo.

I don't like the switch w 2 outs.

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:15 PM
Tonight? On imo.

Basically has no idea where the ball is going the first two batters he faces, then he somewhat gets control

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:16 PM
Chapman done, two outs only one on first base, we should be OK for now

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:17 PM
Tonight? On imo.

In this type of situation you're trying to win this in no more than nine innings, so you use every best available arm you can on the active roster

You have until March/April to rest up if you get a sore arm

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:18 PM
Can't let Walker get on with Pham up tbh he's the only one that really feels dangerous

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:18 PM
Chapman, mah n1gga :smokin

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:20 PM
Can't let Walker get on with Pham up tbh he's the only one that really feels dangerous

Crisis averted. Pham leads off the 8th, which is probably best case scenario, but we need a 2nd run in the top of the 8th, so you can pitch strikes to Pham instead of just walking him imo.

TIMMYtoZO
11-01-2023, 09:21 PM
:lol Rangers and their fans are about to get their hearts broken. I can’t wait to see this chokejob meltdown.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:21 PM
Chapman, mah n1gga :smokin

That was Sborz on that last out.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:23 PM
so why the fuck do you bunt there?

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:24 PM
so why the fuck do you bunt there?

Dude is 0 for like the last 2 months...may as well try something imho

Millennial_Messiah
I have no idea what the point of bunting with nobody on base is

Millennial_Messiah
Dude is 0 for like the last 2 months...may as well try something imho

that's basically what AL pitchers did back in the days of when AL pitchers had to bat in NL stadiums in the world series.

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:26 PM
Expensive ass 2b/SS combo coming in clutch :tu

Robz4000
11-01-2023, 09:32 PM
:lmao

MultiTroll
Carter.
Super lame at bat to go with his baserunning screw up.

Monostradamus
Blew their chance to seal the deal there. Carter finally looking like a kid out there.

Mark Celibate
Really needed one there, Lowe/Heim/Taveras will just be 1-2-3 in the 9th

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:33 PM
ugh, stranded all 3 there :pctoss that loses the game imo

Millennial_Messiah
11-01-2023, 09:34 PM
6 outs left, these are going to be the toughest outs of all time

Neftali Feliz ain't running onto the mound, though, that's the up side :tu

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:36 PM
Huge out there tbh

Mark Celibate
11-01-2023, 09:37 PM
No chance the three scrubs the next inning are gonna do anything so gonna have to be a 1-0 win...just hope AZ keeps shooting themselves in the foot