PDA

View Full Version : If you still think we don’t need a PG

KobesAchilles
10-25-2023, 11:07 PM
Bring y’all’s dumbass’ to the thread and make the fucking case that we don’t need a PG for Wemby. I want to hear this shit. Bc all offseason, I’ve been preaching we need a PG. we need a guy who can set up easy buckets for Wemby. A guy who can manipulate defenses and consistently break them down. A guy who can throw a post entry pass or a lob. A guy who recognizes when their tallest player is being guarded by midgets and can get them the ball.

And in return I’ve heard.
”Oh PG isn’t a need. We have plenty of people who can run the offense.”
”Sochan can run the offense just fine.”
”We will do it by a committee of non PGs”
”It’s positionless basketball that we are playing. We will be fine.”
”oh it’s Tall Ball.”

NOOOO. Get a freaking point guard. Set up your boy, make him feel a part of the offense and not a spot up 3 point shooter. And maybe he won’t be playing like a deer in the headlights because he will be relaxed and playing in rhythm. So Mr. body get your dumbass in here. RC you too. Dejounte, tell me all about Tall Ball. All you truthsayers better get in here and preach about how we don’t need a PG for Wemby

Obstructed_View
10-25-2023, 11:15 PM
Lol shower curtain fail after one game.

BacktoBasics
10-25-2023, 11:18 PM
People want Sochan to be the primary ball handler and facilitator. Clearly Tre should have stayed in the game. I don’t necessarily believe we need to leverage ourselves in a trade or crazy move for a PG but we should have finished the game with our best PG on the floor.

KingKev
10-25-2023, 11:25 PM
Pop literally lost us this game. Tre Jones was easily the better facilitator. Sochan or KJ need to go to the bench.

Classic example of Pop out coaching himself. I hope he takes accountability but he fking won’t.

scott
10-25-2023, 11:26 PM
Just need to start Tre at PG for now

rascal
10-25-2023, 11:35 PM
Bring y’all’s dumbass’ to the thread and make the fucking case that we don’t need a PG for Wemby. I want to hear this shit. Bc all offseason, I’ve been preaching we need a PG. we need a guy who can set up easy buckets for Wemby. A guy who can manipulate defenses and consistently break them down. A guy who can throw a post entry pass or a lob. A guy who recognizes when their tallest player is being guarded by midgets and can get them the ball.

”oh it’s Tall Ball.”

NOOOO. Get a freaking point guard. Set up your boy, make him feel a part of the offense and not a spot up 3 point shooter. And maybe he won’t be playing like a deer in the headlights because he will be relaxed and playing in rhythm. So Mr. body get your dumbass in here. RC you too. Dejounte, tell me all about Tall Ball. All you truthsayers better get in here and preach about how we don’t need a PG for Wemby

Mr. Body in hiding

TrainOfThought5
10-25-2023, 11:44 PM
There’s already a thread for this. But I definitely feel your frustration.

EricB
10-26-2023, 12:22 AM
Just need to start Tre at PG for now

change the entire game plan offense and rotations after one game?

nah not imo.

ducks
10-26-2023, 12:35 AM
119 points is not enough?

Obstructed_View
10-26-2023, 02:49 AM
A backup puts up numbers against backups, and Spurstalk wants to make him the starter. :lmao

vander
10-26-2023, 04:09 AM
good thing the Spurs have a few draft picks in the coming years

TrainOfThought5
10-26-2023, 04:22 AM
119 points is not enough?

Sochan had a -12 +\-?

Dejounte
10-26-2023, 05:13 AM
Yo, you have no right to call anyone out for being a dumbass for being wrong because your track record for being right is one of the worst one here. You’ve been on this board for how many years now and you still sound like an idiot.

I pretty much knew people would hone in on point guard duties being the issue because they were excited about Wemby getting all the touches— it’s far from the reason they lost though. Everyone’s god fell into foul trouble and the rest of the ship tried to keep afloat without him and did so admirably. It’s as simple as that. It’s obvious an idiot like KobesAchilles would ignore that simple reason because he’s fixated on one thing only and can’t see with his own two eyes that the team was not itself last night without Wemby… the guy they practically practiced with all offseason in preparation for games like last night and the guy we obviously knew was a gamechanger.

Go on, Kobes. Shower me with your low IQ basketball rants and get all emotional again like in your first post. Like I said, what a clown to call other people out when you’ve been wrong countless times before.

exstatic
10-26-2023, 08:33 AM
Pop literally lost us this game. Tre Jones was easily the better facilitator. Sochan or KJ need to go to the bench.

Classic example of Pop out coaching himself. I hope he takes accountability but he fking won’t.

Someone who doesn’t pay attention. This year is literally not about winning. It’s a laboratory to see what works and what does not, over the course of a year, not one game.

KobesAchilles
10-26-2023, 09:02 AM
Yo, you have no right to call anyone out for being a dumbass for being wrong because your track record for being right is one of the worst one here. You’ve been on this board for how many years now and you still sound like an idiot.

I pretty much knew people would hone in on point guard duties being the issue because they were excited about Wemby getting all the touches— it’s far from the reason they lost though. Everyone’s god fell into foul trouble and the rest of the ship tried to keep afloat without him and did so admirably. It’s as simple as that. It’s obvious an idiot like KobesAchilles would ignore that simple reason because he’s fixated on one thing only and can’t see with his own two eyes that the team was not itself last night without Wemby… the guy they practically practiced with all offseason in preparation for games like last night and the guy we obviously knew was a gamechanger.

Go on, Kobes. Shower me with your low IQ basketball rants and get all emotional again like in your first post. Like I said, what a clown to call other people out when you’ve been wrong countless times before.
My track record is really good tbh. I said to tank. I said we would get Wemby. I said that Sochan being PG wouldn't really work. I said Tre is a back up point guard. I said Kawhi wasn't worth the supermax. I said to draft Vassell. I said it would take several years to make the playoffs again (and it has). I said that we need better assistant coaches. I said that Wemby is better than people here give him credit for and I said that I was worried that he wouldn't be the focal point of the offense when he really should be. I have been so damn right that it's scary.

And it isn't the foul trouble that was the issue. It was that they couldn't get him easy buckets and get him settled in. He was obviously very anxious due to game one, and we did NOTHING to get him settled in. I don't see how you can look at Luka and his composure and the way they used their rookie to dominate the paint, and get him involved and his confidence up, and look at the way we used Victor and you are happy about it? It makes zero sense. We played how I knew it would work out because Dallas has a player who can slow the tempo and get easy buckets for himself and others.

When Sochan came onto the court, after our comeback, what plays did the run for Victor, who had an amazing 4th quarter btw. None. Dude is balling out and then gets iced out in closing times? That's bad play. If you don't agree then I guess you can go on being the "genius" and I will continue being the idiot because my stance on that will never change. KJ ignored him multiple times down the stretch. Sochan didn't get him the ball multiple times down the stretch when he is calling for it. No offense of any kind being run. Just drive to the rim like crazy and hope something happens. It's stupid basketball and in winning time, you can't play stupid.

KobesAchilles
10-26-2023, 09:08 AM
Someone who doesn’t pay attention. This year is literally not about winning. It’s a laboratory to see what works and what does not, over the course of a year, not one game.
I can tell you what has worked since the dawn of the NBA and in every era. From Russell to Wilt to Walton and KAJ to Magic and Moses and Bird and Mike and Duncan and Shaq and Lebron and Steph and now Giannis and Joker. Get the ball to your best player down the stretch. Run actual plays for him. Put them in positions to dominate and don't have 5 role players outshoot your only star player. And no it wasn't all because he was in foul trouble. There were plenty of times we could've gotten him the ball and we chose not to or just flat out couldn't.

ambchang
10-26-2023, 09:58 AM
The spurs should reboot the entire rebuild and trade everyone for draft picks because we are now 0-1.

rascal
10-26-2023, 10:02 AM
The spurs should reboot the entire rebuild and trade everyone for draft picks because we are now 0-1.

If they lose next game to Houston.

KingKev
10-26-2023, 10:03 AM

I do agree with that and realize that is the case still frustrating when that was a winnable game.

KingKev
10-26-2023, 10:07 AM
Let’s not forget Wemby wants to god damn win immediately. His development is more important than Sochan’s. Pop has a vision and I get what he is doing but I hope this doesn’t backfire.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 10:17 AM
I can tell you what has worked since the dawn of the NBA and in every era. From Russell to Wilt to Walton and KAJ to Magic and Moses and Bird and Mike and Duncan and Shaq and Lebron and Steph and now Giannis and Joker. Get the ball to your best player down the stretch. Run actual plays for him. Put them in positions to dominate and don't have 5 role players outshoot your only star player. And no it wasn't all because he was in foul trouble. There were plenty of times we could've gotten him the ball and we chose not to or just flat out couldn't.

Vince Carter's ankle
10-26-2023, 10:22 AM
My track record is really good tbh. I said to tank. I said we would get Wemby. I said that Sochan being PG wouldn't really work. I said Tre is a back up point guard. I said Kawhi wasn't worth the supermax. I said to draft Vassell. I said it would take several years to make the playoffs again (and it has). I said that we need better assistant coaches. I said that Wemby is better than people here give him credit for and I said that I was worried that he wouldn't be the focal point of the offense when he really should be. I have been so damn right that it's scary.
https://imgflip.com/s/meme/See-Nobody-Cares.jpg

poopbox
10-26-2023, 10:29 AM
we don't need a point guard. We already got 2. We need a backup big since Sochan doesn't play that role anymore.

JADG79
10-26-2023, 10:46 AM
The problem was Pop sat Tre in the last minutes when clearly was on fire and playing really well.

No reason to bring Sochan back because he couldn't defend Luka throughout the game and missed easy shots in the paint.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-26-2023, 10:48 AM
A team that has that true facilitator is definitely at an advantage. I'd agree that the Spurs could use more there. If I'm Pop I consider having someone (Sochan) get the ball across mid-court and then handing it off to Wemby to facilitate the offense. If Sochan can be a pseudo point guard, why not Wemby. Just put the ball in his hands on every possession and let him run the show. No more worries about touches.

itzsoweezee
10-26-2023, 10:53 AM
The reason Lively looked so good is that he has elite playmakers practically shoveling east baskets to him. Wemby, on the other hand, has to do everything himself. Imagine him with supporting players that actually seek to take advantage of his mismatches. The guy had Kyrie matching up on him in transition and they didn’t get him the ball.

spurraider21
10-26-2023, 11:08 AM
as someone who has always been a heavy skeptic of the Sochan as PG thing, and noting just how much better we were, particularly in the 2nd half, with Tre out there running the show... i think its premature to panic after 1 game.

i do think dallas is one of the uniquely bad matchups for sochan, since Doncic basically toast anybody and everybody, which negates any potential defensive impact sochan would otherwise have in the tall-ball lineup

the frustration for me is we saw how poorly wemby's teammates in france would get him set up for good looks, and seeing shades of that in an nba game is pretty jarring

ginobilized
10-26-2023, 11:24 AM
I see us lacking an elite passer. Doesn't have to be a point guard, necessarily.
Court vision and playmaking skills are lacking with this squad. Elite passers are among the rarest players. It will take a while to find one.
Also, it will take a few games for the players to get a clue as to how to integrate Wemby more. They will figure it out to the best of their abilities, but, it might take 10 or more games.

FutureMan
10-26-2023, 11:40 AM
This season is going to be tough to watch at times. Wemby will be open and certain players won’t connect to him because they lack that ability/vision. Sure, it could be something they learn but the reason why I’ve been so vocal about getting a point guard is because time may be limited with Wemby. We may not have him for as long as we had Duncan. Conservatively, let’s say he plays 10 seasons. That means every season is 10% of his career and I think it’s foolish waiting around to see if Jeremy Sochan can learn how to be a point guard. They should give it 2-3 months max and if it doesn’t work then it’s time to move on.

rascal
10-26-2023, 11:47 AM
Collins is weak defensively. Dallas was easily scoring in the paint.

Lively was too athletic for Collins. Collins can't jump.

TD 21
10-26-2023, 02:49 PM
Collins is weak defensively. Dallas was easily scoring in the paint.

Lively was too athletic for Collins. Collins can't jump.

Somehow, Collins was among the league leaders in defensive field goal % within' 3 feet of the rim last season.

Still, between his lack of hops and length, he seems destined to lead the league in being posterized.

jesterbobman
10-26-2023, 03:14 PM
We do need a starting PG. We don't need one now.

The curse of rebuilding too quickly with people who are / look like they will be generational talents is investing too quickly to get good, using assets in a way that doesn't definitely work, and taking championship upside off the table. Mavs with Luka, Pelicans with AD, Early Cavs with LeBron (03 - 10)...

The Spurs clearly know they'll need more players, and that'll come in time, with the ton of incoming draft picks, and free agency. It could be that Sochan evolves (I doubt it, but could happen), and he's good enough in a committee of initiators system. It could be a draft pick this year (Collier, Castle, etc). Tre's off the bounce shooting could get good enough that he's an option. With a ton of money and other positions set, we could attract a PG from another team / trade for one.

Something will develop, but hoping it's an instantaneous change this year is silly. 30 - 35 wins, an average differential of -2 or -3 (rather than the -10 of last year) would be a tremendous step forward.

benefactor
10-26-2023, 04:05 PM
https://media.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExMGRzM2QybW5qbjdnd3d6M2szbWlpdTZ zOHNnbXEzM2xuaGI4ZHhqaSZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfY nlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/GVbFBI72z6Jl0DVyA2/giphy.gif

benefactor
10-26-2023, 04:07 PM
But honestly, I think they will figure that out over time. Pop knows how important Wemby is and he isn't going to let second tier hero ballers like Keldon get in the way forever. I feel confident adjustments will be made.

benefactor
10-26-2023, 04:10 PM
The more I think of Keldon the more I wonder if he might be traded eventually. He's just a bad fit next to Wemby. He's a pure scorer and our new franchise player is one too. I simply don't trust him to give the ball to the player that is better than him when it matters.

scott
10-26-2023, 04:10 PM
as someone who has always been a heavy skeptic of the Sochan as PG thing, and noting just how much better we were, particularly in the 2nd half, with Tre out there running the show... i think its premature to panic after 1 game.

i do think dallas is one of the uniquely bad matchups for sochan, since Doncic basically toast anybody and everybody, which negates any potential defensive impact sochan would otherwise have in the tall-ball lineup

the frustration for me is we saw how poorly wemby's teammates in france would get him set up for good looks, and seeing shades of that in an nba game is pretty jarring

Agree with this 100%. Yes, Wemby being in foul trouble altered the game as he spent good stretches that he otherwise wouldn't have on the bench. (Which makes me curious how many minutes he would have played if not for the fouls).

But he wasn't on the bench at the time that is so alarming: in the clutch, after demonstrating that he was hot. Did he even touch the ball once after Tre was subbed for Sochan? This wasn't all Sochan's fault though, as some of that blame also goes to Keldon, what the F was he doing?

Even if this year is all about development and seeing what works, and not winning, I would think this would still involve Wemby in the clutch. In the SL game and again last night Wemby has shown a penchant for showing up in clutch time... we need to foster that, not give Keldon more opportunities to do... whatever the hell he was trying to do. And if the ball is not in Wemby's hands, I would at least think it would be in Devin's.

The good news: this is all fixable. However, even if development is the top priority this year, Wemby's development should come first and there is a case to be made that Wemby's development would be better off with Tre at the point than with Sochan.

spurraider21
10-26-2023, 04:30 PM
Somehow, Collins was among the league leaders in defensive field goal % within' 3 feet of the rim last season.

Still, between his lack of hops and length, he seems destined to lead the league in being posterized.
ive seen that stat thrown around as well, i think exstatic has brought it up at least once

his D RPM was negative (-1.10). his D BPM was 0.3, and he had exactly 1 defensive win share all of last season

i think he's a solid effort guy on defense, isnt afraid of going up strong, etc. the results are whatever. i dont think he's a massive liability but he's not somebody i'd consider a plus rim protector. bassey is probably a better shotblocker, but since he has less size, he has to leave his feet earlier to meet the shot, which sometimes has him jumping prematurely

scott
10-26-2023, 04:33 PM

Poster dunks are a higher degree of difficulty and carry a lower FG % maybe? :lol

Mugen
10-26-2023, 04:39 PM
The more I think of Keldon the more I wonder if he might be traded eventually. He's just a bad fit next to Wemby. He's a pure scorer and our new franchise player is one too. I simply don't trust him to give the ball to the player that is better than him when it matters.

He might still end up being traded and the sample size is super small but I'm honestly more bullish now on Keldon's long term fit on the roster after what I've seen in preseason + game 1. But I think it'll depend on a few things:

- Keldon eventually accepting coming off the bench as a sparkplug
-Wemby will eventually have to finish games as a 5. The best crunch time lineup this team can field will be: Tre/Vassell/Keldon/Sochan/Wemby, and I think Wemby will have to accept that that'll mean him having to focus on rebounding and primary (not help side) rim protection when called upon.

scott
10-26-2023, 04:39 PM
To be fair to Keldon and Jeremy, the NBA admits it missed two fouls (one on Keldon and one on Jeremy) on the pivotal sequence of the game.

Full last 2-minute report: https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022300073

Obstructed_View
10-26-2023, 04:46 PM
Jeremy got that rebound and held it out there to be stolen. It may have been a foul but you give the other guy credit for the initiative IMO.

TDMVPDPOY
10-26-2023, 07:11 PM
wemba needs touches when his in position, fkn monkeys on this team are ignoring him for no apparent reason...

get a pass first pg...

like i said during the duncan era, i rather watch duncan goto work on every possession then watch some ballhog scoring pg

weebo
10-26-2023, 07:31 PM
this team needs a couple of vets...too many young bucks trying to get their name out there

spurraider21
10-26-2023, 07:36 PM
To be fair to Keldon and Jeremy, the NBA admits it missed two fouls (one on Keldon and one on Jeremy) on the pivotal sequence of the game.

Full last 2-minute report: https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022300073
thats on the same possession as the missed traveling call on zollins, so all moot

LakerHater
10-26-2023, 07:39 PM
Dnt necessarily need a PG but someone who's natural ability is to pass the ball.
Sochan & Keldon missed plenty opportunities to get wemby the ball!

Spurs Homer
10-26-2023, 09:20 PM
Lillard with a 37? Point debut at milwaukee…

ya think Giannis appreciates the help?

Obstructed_View
10-27-2023, 12:00 AM
Lillard with a 37? Point debut at milwaukee…

ya think Giannis appreciates the help?
Probably. Giannis was -13 in a one point win.

But Lillard had one fewer assist than Sochan did. So unless your point is that you want Jeremy to shoot it 20 times, Dame is a poor example.

exstatic
10-27-2023, 07:25 AM

The relevant examples of the post modern NBA are Giannis and Jokic. Neither of them were fed the ball as a rookie, and Jokic didn’t even start, coming off the bench behind Nurkic.

Spurs Homer
10-27-2023, 10:47 AM
Probably. Giannis was -13 in a one point win.

But Lillard had one fewer assist than Sochan did. So unless your point is that you want Jeremy to shoot it 20 times, Dame is a poor example.

not if you watched the game…and it really doesnt have to be lillard- but lillard was available all off season and the spurs had the most and best assets- but the retarded “wemby” wont be ready for 3-4 years appears to have won the day

if you watched the game, giannis had more touches than anyone until the 4th qtr and he was in need of help and lillard re-entered the game and provided giannis all the help he needed

im ok with no lillard and the point is moot anyways- but it would behoove the spurs to at least be open when opportunities arise in the near future…imo anyway

sfernald
10-27-2023, 12:00 PM
It’s nice to see new voices on this thread stand up against the same voices on here with their stale “laboratory” and “development” arguments.

These are the following players the spurs should put on the block for any vets who are better fits with Wemby:

keldon
collins
vassell
sochan
tre
osman

The other players on the team aren’t really worth mentioning because their value is so low. They can be trade filler if necessary.

Hopefully the team manages to work a trade for their #2 or #3 before the deadline this season. The clock is ticking before Wemby becomes disgruntled and starts eyeing greener grass. Pop looks very old. I’m not sure he’s up for this. They need to bring in an executive like Brad Stevens who can build a team around his star player.

The selfish hero ball I watched was exactly what a 20 win team full of losers does.

Atl Spur
10-27-2023, 12:22 PM
Another thread to bookmark! Lol 1 game in? Boys give it at least 20 to 30 games before going all in, has history taught us nothing?

KobesAchilles
10-27-2023, 12:58 PM
The relevant examples of the post modern NBA are Giannis and Jokic. Neither of them were fed the ball as a rookie, and Jokic didn’t even start, coming off the bench behind Nurkic.
Except for your relevant examples, neither Jokic or Giannis were as good as Wemby their rookie season. I'd argue it took 4 years for each to reach Wemby status now. The guy is way better than I think Spurstalk is giving him credit for. I believe Wemby is already an A player at his best. Him developing will take him to an A++ player, like greatest of all time level. But if you are asking me who do I want the ball in the hands of down the stretch, Wemby or KJ? Wemby or Sochan? Wemby or insert name here, then my answer is Wemby.

And his development, not KJ not Sochan not anybody else on the team, is more important than anybody else's. Bc if he isn't able to be given the opportunity to learn how to close out games, then we are screwed as a franchise.

tldr version. Wemby's development supersedes all others on our team

Obstructed_View
10-27-2023, 01:59 PM
not if you watched the game…and it really doesnt have to be lillard- but lillard was available all off season and the spurs had the most and best assets- but the retarded “wemby” wont be ready for 3-4 years appears to have won the day

if you watched the game, giannis had more touches than anyone until the 4th qtr and he was in need of help and lillard re-entered the game and provided giannis all the help he needed

im ok with no lillard and the point is moot anyways- but it would behoove the spurs to at least be open when opportunities arise in the near future…imo anyway
I suspected some of the retards whining about Sochan were salty about the Spurs not trading for Dame.

Spurs Homer
10-27-2023, 02:07 PM
I suspected some of the retards whining about Sochan were salty about the Spurs not trading for Dame.

I support the sochan pg move and the point was not lillard in a vacuum -
it was being open to making moves if they gave wemby immediate help -

as opposed to the retards who think 3-4 years waiting for wemby to grow bigger wings to fly is somehow a "wise" move

jmard5
10-27-2023, 02:21 PM
Another thread to bookmark! Lol 1 game in? Boys give it at least 20 to 30 games before going all in, has history taught us nothing?

It appears so.

ambchang
10-27-2023, 03:10 PM
We should trade draft capital for 33 year old point guards who relies on quickness because it can improve the team now? I don't get it. I really don't.

Thank God none of you (or anybody) here are GMs of actual NBA teams ... oh wait, Charlotte.

KobesAchilles
10-27-2023, 03:41 PM
We should trade draft capital for 33 year old point guards who relies on quickness because it can improve the team now? I don't get it. I really don't.

Thank God none of you (or anybody) here are GMs of actual NBA teams ... oh wait, Charlotte.
we should start a person who has never played PG in his life to start as our PG in the nba. That’s the perfect recipe for success. Idgaf about Lillard. But starting Sochan as PG is stupid. It’s stupid game 1 and it will be stupid game 30 and will be stupid game 82. I will go on record saying this will not work out. I stand by my opinions. Unlike most posters.

Well Pop thinks…
We have to wait an entire season
He might pan out. I don’t have an opinion of my own. He could or couldn’t work
Magic (who played PG from when he was 5 years old) was a 6ft8 PG so that means anybody can do it. So having Sochan play PG isn’t unprecedented. I’m not saying he will be Magic but who knows

It’s amazing the scared chickenshit people on here. Stand by your own opinion. Yes or No. Sochan will work out as our future PG

JeffDuncan
10-27-2023, 04:25 PM
…. Yes or No. Sochan will work out as our future PG

Of course not. Sochan is out there for defense. The Spurs are emphasizing defense over offense, for now.

Sochan is listed as 6’ 9”. Tre Jones is energetic and scrappy on defense, but he’s listed as 6’ 1”. By rights, Sochan is the better defensive choice.

The Spurs were historically bad on defense last season. That needs to change.

People need to let it soak in that the Spurs are not trying to develop Wemby as a one-way-only offensive player. Of course not. To develop Wemby on defense they have to put some kind of respectable defensive team around him, as best they can, given the current roster.

No, Sochan isn’t the Spurs point guard of the future. He’s a stopgap while they try to turn that putrid defense around.

The Truth #6
10-27-2023, 04:51 PM
They want to surround Wemby with talent, obviously. But unless they suddenly start getting veterans around him they will have to develop talent around him. And players like Sochan and Devin will have to learn how to play around him. They can evolve together. That's how you build chemistry. For me, that's the process we're on and it makes sense if you want to win a championship. My only regret with the Sochan experiment is that they didn't start it last year.

Prioritizing Tre Jones is good for the short term more than the long term in my opinion. Now, if Wemby demands more Tre Jones than ok, but in the absence of that I'm totally on board with developing Sochan while we are in this first year.

R. DeMurre
10-27-2023, 05:03 PM
I think Wembanyama represents groundbreaking potential as a defender. We've never seen someone with his length plus that kind of agility defensively. In the past, the way of attacking a 7+' player has almost always been to draw them out of the paint-- with Wemby, he might actually be more effective out there. And that's why I think it's important to take this advantage and amplify it with a SF who has length/versatility/shot blocking potential. Putting a SF next to him who isn't a defensive stopper helps mitigate the advantage rather than amplify it. Long term, I don't think plugging him in to fix last year's historically bad D is the plan. Last year's D needs a huge make over.

ambchang
10-27-2023, 09:03 PM
we should start a person who has never played PG in his life to start as our PG in the nba. That’s the perfect recipe for success. Idgaf about Lillard. But starting Sochan as PG is stupid. It’s stupid game 1 and it will be stupid game 30 and will be stupid game 82. I will go on record saying this will not work out. I stand by my opinions. Unlike most posters.

Well Pop thinks…
We have to wait an entire season
He might pan out. I don’t have an opinion of my own. He could or couldn’t work
Magic (who played PG from when he was 5 years old) was a 6ft8 PG so that means anybody can do it. So having Sochan play PG isn’t unprecedented. I’m not saying he will be Magic but who knows

It’s amazing the scared chickenshit people on here. Stand by your own opinion. Yes or No. Sochan will work out as our future PG

The idea isn’t making sochan a PG. it’s Making him into Simmons.

KobesAchilles
10-27-2023, 09:05 PM
The idea isn’t making sochan a PG. it’s Making him into Simmons.
A mentally weak person/player who can’t shoot? Or a diva who refuses to play?

ambchang
10-27-2023, 09:09 PM
A mentally weak person/player who can’t shoot? Or a diva who refuses to play?

Skill wise. Before the meltdown.

KobesAchilles
10-27-2023, 09:09 PM
They want to surround Wemby with talent, obviously. But unless they suddenly start getting veterans around him they will have to develop talent around him. And players like Sochan and Devin will have to learn how to play around him. They can evolve together. That's how you build chemistry. For me, that's the process we're on and it makes sense if you want to win a championship. My only regret with the Sochan experiment is that they didn't start it last year.

Prioritizing Tre Jones is good for the short term more than the long term in my opinion. Now, if Wemby demands more Tre Jones than ok, but in the absence of that I'm totally on board with developing Sochan while we are in this first year.
I’m on record saying we need vets on our team. We are too young. And youth never wins shit. Also playing Sochan as PG isn’t developing him at all. It’s like when we played Lonnie as PG in the GL, that didn’t develop him any. It made him more confused. You can’t develop a player by having him play a position he has never in his life played before, while telling home to learn how to run an offense, dribble, and shoot. It’s not possible and i don’t know how I’m the only one that thinks this is stupid. We didn’t do that to Kawhi. Here Kawhi be PG. bc it was stupid to do.

Anyways Sochan will fail to develop and Wemby won’t develop properly without vets and a person who can run an offense. You can disagree all you want but nba history says otherwise

KingKev
10-27-2023, 09:15 PM
BUMP

Vince Carter's ankle
10-28-2023, 02:24 AM
I’m on record saying we need vets on our team. We are too young. And youth never wins shit. Also playing Sochan as PG isn’t developing him at all. It’s like when we played Lonnie as PG in the GL, that didn’t develop him any. It made him more confused. You can’t develop a player by having him play a position he has never in his life played before, while telling home to learn how to run an offense, dribble, and shoot. It’s not possible and i don’t know how I’m the only one that thinks this is stupid. We didn’t do that to Kawhi. Here Kawhi be PG. bc it was stupid to do.

Anyways Sochan will fail to develop and Wemby won’t develop properly without vets and a person who can run an offense. You can disagree all you want but nba history says otherwise
please remind me which team you work for as a player development coach?

exstatic
10-28-2023, 04:12 AM

How’d TerryCummings work out? Spoiler alert: the Spurs traded an All Star, All NBA, All D guard for Cummings, who lasted 3 whole seasons before blowing his knee out. The Spurs didn’t recover from that until some guy named Tim showed up 5 years later.

KobesAchilles
10-28-2023, 09:41 AM
please remind me which team you work for as a player development coach?
Yeah ok I need that in order to have an opinion. In that case, why do you even post if you’re too scared to state your own opinion? Snide remarks do little if you’re hiding behind other peoples words. Go on record big boy. Tell me Sochan will be our starting PG of the next 5 years. but that would require you to actually have your own thought and then stand by it.

KobesAchilles
10-28-2023, 09:47 AM
How’d TerryCummings work out? Spoiler alert: the Spurs traded an All Star, All NBA, All D guard for Cummings, who lasted 3 whole seasons before blowing his knee out. The Spurs didn’t recover from that until some guy named Tim showed up 5 years later.
I don’t need a spoiler. We were one stupid pass away from from the WCF. Also technology has come around a long way where his injury is no big deal. I don’t see the correlation. We never recovered bc McCombs was too cheap to get talent. It had nothing to do with Cummings. Weird that you think that team that could’ve had MVP Barkley or Chuck Daly as coach instead of Lucas, couldn’t recover. Spoiler: it was cheap ass management, which is why we started Avery and Vinny at the backcourt.

Your own example could also be stated well we drafted Willy Anderson with the 10th pick and how did that work out. Spoiler he got hurt, so never draft a guard in the top 10 again. Also side note, Robertson was a piece of shit human being whose own actions/shitty behavior got him traded. I’d do that same trade all over again in a heartbeat

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 10:07 AM
Having a vet PG or another vet somewhere would help. The young players, who are essentially the team, don't know how to solve a number of situations. They're clearly lacking in the gritty, itemized bit of experience.

That stuff will come. The loss to Dallas gave some. The win vs. Houston gave some. It comes from doing. It comes especially from competing, not tanking. This is the first time we've been there for a while.

I don't advocate trading for anybody, though. Of course it'd be great to have Brogdan, Lowry, any of these aging points. Brogdan's in an odd spot. I don't think Portland is ready to compete and having him doesn't help. He'd help us. But in a way having that type of player won't help the young Spurs work through these trials and errors on their own.

Vince Carter's ankle
10-28-2023, 12:05 PM
Yeah ok I need that in order to have an opinion. In that case, why do you even post if you’re too scared to state your own opinion? Snide remarks do little if you’re hiding behind other peoples words. Go on record big boy. Tell me Sochan will be our starting PG of the next 5 years. but that would require you to actually have your own thought and then stand by it.
ok lil boy
why did you immediately start turning this around on me?
where did i say that he will be the starting point guard?
why do you try to think for others?

Also playing Sochan as PG isn’t developing him at all.
i have only a complaint about this completely unfounded statement
once again we can observe the dunning–kruger effect on this forum

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 12:35 PM
It seems to me you play your best option as a starter, especially if he's developing. Then, you want someone off the bench who can change the pace or how you do things.

Not sure what the big fuss is right now.

The Truth #6
10-28-2023, 12:35 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting we don't want improved point guard play. Just think it comes down to if you want immediate results for some reason or if you're able to accept the process we're in, which is that we're young team, and people need time to learn how to play together, especially for one year in year one before we start making trades.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 12:41 PM
I don't think anyone is suggesting we don't want improved point guard play. Just think it comes down to if you want immediate results for some reason or if you're able to accept the process we're in, which is that we're young team, and people need time to learn how to play together, especially for one year in year one before we start making trades.

Too many people on this board don't want a process. They don't understand what's going on. They just want to freak out.

z0sa
10-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Having an elite playmaker at PG would be nice, sure.

I don’t think it’s necessarily a precursor to a playoff appearance or anything. It’s hard watching the guys forget they have Wemby, but it’s also game 2 of the first season of many, basketball gods willing …

The Truth #6
10-28-2023, 12:54 PM
Also, there's a huge amount of middle ground here. I do think developing Jeremy is super important, and no, he doesn't look like a point guard right now, but I think pop sees in him someone who is extremely versatile and confident and willing to accept challenges, so why wouldn't you push that player to see what they're capable of? In his second season. I'm also totally okay with letting Tre Jones finish games if he's playing better.

R. DeMurre
10-28-2023, 01:00 PM
Having an elite playmaker at PG would be nice, sure.

Exactly.... To be fair, adding an elite anything will be the goal in the next couple of years. Elite defender, elite playmaker, elite shooter, elite rebounder, etc... The spurs were pretty bad last year, and the simple development of their young guys around Wembanyama won't be enough. There will be lots of moves before we're challenging for championships.

MannyIsGod
10-28-2023, 01:19 PM
I don't know that they need a PG as much as they need structure. Tre definitely runs things better, but they mostly seem lost as to what the system is supposed to be which isn't a personnel issue but a coaching issue. It's possible they're just figuring it out and we should give it some time but holy shit it is painful right now when tre is not in the game.

JeffDuncan
10-28-2023, 01:25 PM
How helpful is it to Wemby having Sochan at point guard?

Any thoughts?

The Truth #6
10-28-2023, 01:28 PM
Jeremy is not and never will be Parker. But some of the vibe in this thread reminds me of the Speedy Clayton debate where people were ready to move on from Parker way too soon. My point, young players need time. Jeremy may never amount to anything great but as a young player he needs opportunity for us to find out. I guess more than anything I'm shocked that some people are ready to trash him and move on.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 01:40 PM
Jeremy is not and never will be Parker. But some of the vibe in this thread reminds me of the Speedy Clayton debate where people were ready to move on from Parker way too soon. My point, young players need time. Jeremy may never amount to anything great but as a young player he needs opportunity for us to find out. I guess more than anything I'm shocked that some people are ready to trash him and move on.

STalkers are some of the most emotionally unstable people I know. One game, Zach Collins is the best, next game he's worse than dog poop. For a franchise whose credo is pounding the rock - that it takes time to develop something great and that no steps should be missed, nor that panic moves should be done - we have a fanbase that freaks out about everything. They demand young players to instantly be ten-year vets, they believe what we see is what we'll always see. It's mind-numbing.

BackHome
10-28-2023, 01:56 PM
I am laughing at People thinking just because we got the number 1 pick we are immediately going to be in the thick of playoff championship basketball....

paperboy77
10-28-2023, 02:05 PM

Although you aren't the only one saying this... this is a ridiculous comment.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 02:10 PM
It's probably more accurate to say the team IS about winning this year, as much as possible, but not at the expense of development. The coaches will find times to put lineups together to see how they react. They're NOT likely to just throw guys at the end of the bench into games that can be won. We're not going to see Wesley and Sandro thrown into a close game down the stretch.

But this means they're just going to spam a set-up that works because it works. They know it won't always work, plus they're gaining information about the future - players we have, players we need. We WILL see what players do in new circumstances.

In the end we'll have a team and players who are much accustomed to each other and improved in March than they are now.

None of this is new. Even when we were challenging Pop found ways to get lineups together to see how they'd work.

rascal
10-28-2023, 02:19 PM
It's probably more accurate to say the team IS about winning this year, as much as possible, but not at the expense of development. The coaches will find times to put lineups together to see how they react. They're NOT likely to just throw guys at the end of the bench into games that can be won. We're not going to see Wesley and Sandro thrown into a close game down the stretch.

But this means they're just going to spam a set-up that works because it works. They know it won't always work, plus they're gaining information about the future - players we have, players we need. We WILL see what players do in new circumstances.

In the end we'll have a team and players who are much accustomed to each other and improved in March than they are now.

None of this is new. Even when we were challenging Pop found ways to get lineups together to see how they'd work.

No it isn't about winning this year. They would have brought in some veterans if it's about winning and play Wemby until the wheels fall off.

It's about player and team development for the future at the cost of winning at times. Spurs even said they were going to be patient with the process and manage Wemby's minutes.

JeffDuncan
10-28-2023, 02:28 PM
No it isn't about winning this year. They would have brought in some veterans if it's about winning and play Wemby until the wheels fall off. ...

What veterans did the Spurs realistically have a chance to get? Can you offer any names?

scott
10-28-2023, 02:53 PM
I don’t need a spoiler. We were one stupid pass away from from the WCF. Also technology has come around a long way where his injury is no big deal. I don’t see the correlation. We never recovered bc McCombs was too cheap to get talent. It had nothing to do with Cummings. Weird that you think that team that could’ve had MVP Barkley or Chuck Daly as coach instead of Lucas, couldn’t recover. Spoiler: it was cheap ass management, which is why we started Avery and Vinny at the backcourt.

Your own example could also be stated well we drafted Willy Anderson with the 10th pick and how did that work out. Spoiler he got hurt, so never draft a guard in the top 10 again. Also side note, Robertson was a piece of shit human being whose own actions/shitty behavior got him traded. I’d do that same trade all over again in a heartbeat

wait, is there an argument that trading for TC was a bad move because we lacked the foresight to see hi blowing out his knee?

Getting TC was a great fucking move and was a big part of getting DRob’s career off to a great start and establishing ourselves as a playoff team for the next 30 years. How can I make more of that deal? Sign me up.

scott
10-28-2023, 02:57 PM

imo, the big question is around whether you want the PG play that best develops Wemby right now - or you want to maybe sacrifice a little Wemby development in order to develop Wemby and Sochan at the same time.

And I’m okay with the latter if we do what we did last night: have Tre in the game in the crucial moments that allow Wemby to best do his thing… because that is the what is more important for the future of this franchise.

scott
10-28-2023, 03:02 PM
The Spurs are going to be competitive in most games this year, and trying to win those games IS important to development, so to that extent, this season is about winning… it’s just not about pushing all the chips in to go all in (to win a championship).

A vet would help, but it’s good to roll with the punches now and see how things develop. The trade deadline will be our first window to possibly make a move IF there are signs that Wemby is that so far ahead in his development that we can accelerate the schedule AND the right opportunity is made available. Certainly we don’t need a vet so bad that we go out and expend capital to bring in a Josh Richardson (not picking on Josh, he is a great role player - but my point is that we should be getting paid to take on guys like that, not giving up good assets for them at this point)

rascal
10-28-2023, 03:03 PM
What veterans did the Spurs realistically have a chance to get? Can you offer any names?

It's not my job to bring in veterans.

It's the spurs front office to get it done and they didn't make it happen because they aren't all in to win this year. It wasn't a priority to bring in a veteran to win this year, that's why it didn't happen.

What they should have done was get Duren in that trade the year before. It only cost Detroit two lottery protected picks. They wouldn't be stuck having to start Collins.

PrimeMinister
10-28-2023, 03:13 PM
we just played a team in a rebuilding situation that spent 200 million dollars in free agency this summer and beat them in OT

if the right player was available they would have signed him

rascal
10-28-2023, 03:22 PM
we just played a team in a rebuilding situation that spent 200 million dollars in free agency this summer and beat them in OT

if the right player was available they would have signed him

Doubt it. They had no interest in throwing big money for any veteran difference maker and no interest in trading their draft pick assets for one.
That's not how this front office operates, getting star players who are difference makers off other teams in free agency or trades.

PrimeMinister
10-28-2023, 03:26 PM
Doubt it. They had no interest in throwing big money for any veteran difference maker and no interest in trading their draft pick assets for one.
That's not how this front office operates, getting star players who are difference makers off other teams in free agency or trades.

the logical fits in terms of age, position, and skillset did not exist on the FA market this summer.

ditto for the trade market. if the right deal for the right player could have materialized they would have done it. im not sure why you would assume the opposite.

dbestpro
10-28-2023, 03:28 PM
So far, scoring points has not been the problem. It has been the horrid defense from wing players.

onechance87
10-28-2023, 03:44 PM
So far, scoring points has not been the problem. It has been the horrid defense from wing players.

vassell,keldon,sochan,Were all suppose to excel in that category....Seen sum glimps,But not thru out the game

objective
10-28-2023, 04:17 PM
Derrick White would be perfect on this team.

Kevin
10-28-2023, 04:45 PM
Now that second rounders fetch actual NBA talent it will be interesting to see what McDermott (expiring) plus second rounders could get. The most obvious need would be a vet PG.

McDermott and Graham for DeRozen matches salary wise and with DMR being a rental the pick cost shouldn't be insane. Just thinking out loud.

bluebellmaniac
10-28-2023, 04:50 PM

”oh it’s Tall Ball.”

Chill out dude. We've got like 30 picks in the next few years. Chillax, a PG is on the way.

KobesAchilles
10-28-2023, 05:10 PM
ok lil boy
why did you immediately start turning this around on me?
where did i say that he will be the starting point guard?
why do you try to think for others?

i have only a complaint about this completely unfounded statement
once again we can observe the dunning–kruger effect on this forum
Imo It isn’t unfounded. In my scenario, Sochan doesn’t work out as PG. that means we have to play him at a new position next year. So then he has to spend an entire year learning a new role and a new way to play alongside Wemby. And it’s another year of development that we have to spend on Sochan that I don’t think he needs. I believe we are going backwards on the development. Like get him to a point where he could possibly be a PG over a few years in development instead of just making him one. He has too many things he needs to work on if he wants to be a PG. dribbling, attacking defenders, setting up others, shooting, and even defense. It’s too much to give to one person with zero experience at it

And you’ve never given your opinion one way or the other. That was my point. You just go after others opinions with none of your own

KobesAchilles
10-28-2023, 05:12 PM
Chill out dude. We've got like 30 picks in the next few years. Chillax, a PG is on the way.
I think Wemby has 10 years of health like DRob. So I’m not willing to really chill on wasting a tenth of his career. Bc next year it’s chill out we gotta get so and so acclimated. And I’m year 3, chill out we were the 8th seed this year and had some playoff experience. And in year 4, chill out we made the playoffs again. And then 40% of his career is gone.

I think some urgency is needed.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 05:28 PM
Now that second rounders fetch actual NBA talent it will be interesting to see what McDermott (expiring) plus second rounders could get. The most obvious need would be a vet PG.

McDermott and Graham for DeRozen matches salary wise and with DMR being a rental the pick cost shouldn't be insane. Just thinking out loud.

If DeRozan's on the block, he'll get some actual suitors from playoff teams. He doesn't work on this Spurs team, in any case, due to his high usage and ballstopping. Nothing against him - I like the dude - but that's now what this team needs.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 05:31 PM
I think Wemby has 10 years of health like DRob. So I’m not willing to really chill on wasting a tenth of his career. Bc next year it’s chill out we gotta get so and so acclimated. And I’m year 3, chill out we were the 8th seed this year and had some playoff experience. And in year 4, chill out we made the playoffs again. And then 40% of his career is gone.

After a few months, the team might have a solid idea of what this team needs. Whether that's enough to make a midseason move, I doubt, but going into next summer they may be ready to pull some minor triggers. I don't think they'll do anything drastic, but start molding what they have. My belief is everyone in the rotation will be much better than they ae now.

Also... The WC is going to be incredibly different in three years than it is now. All of the GSW, LAC, LAL, PHX will be out of the picture. We'll see if Thunder, Wolves, Pels, Grizz, Nuggets, Kings can become exceptional, but a whole generation will be gone.

scott
10-28-2023, 05:50 PM
Maybe this is crazy, but I think this season (and even by the trade deadline) will very well prove out that we should be thinking about a Top 4-6 seed in Wemby year 2, and start making moves.

I think folks (fans and media alike) are still underestimating this team a little bit. We are going to be competitive in the vast majority of games this season, and I think it will be our inexperience and talent gap at a handful of positions that prove the difference between winning and losing. One of those (experience) can be acquired organically, but the other will require some dealing.

RC_Drunkford
10-28-2023, 05:52 PM
while I do agree that the Spurs need a PG, there are only about 5 players that would be a real fit for the future and none of them are on the trading block. I don't see a reason to give up assets to get a mediocre veteran PG, you might as well just start Graham if you are looking for that. The Spurs need a young, quick PG who can run the offense and is a threat from 3. And ideally he's also a point of attack defender. Those type of players don't grow on trees. The Spurs will have to wait for the right trade. PG should be the top priority for next offseason or maybe they can get one at the deadline if they are lucky.

JeffDuncan
10-28-2023, 05:55 PM
It's not my job to bring in veterans. …

I knew you were just talking and you couldn’t name anybody. That’s alright, no problem. Keep talking about players who don’t exist.

exstatic
10-28-2023, 06:44 PM

So, now, you’re a doctor AND an NBA GM? David had a very freakish set of circumstances that led to him having almost zero core strength. He couldn’t lean down at the waist and pick up a cup off of the floor, despite his vaunted strength. With modern trading techniques, that could literally never happen again.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2023, 06:46 PM
I think we could definitely use more talent at the 1. I at the same time do not think now is the best time to be buying talent for any position and am interested to see how what they have develops over the next several months.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 06:47 PM
David was also 24 when he came into the league, playing four years of college and two years of service.

FuzzyLumpkins
10-28-2023, 06:52 PM

:lol slippery slope doomcasting

LakerHater
10-28-2023, 07:12 PM
Man that half court oop frm Tre to Wemby :wow

Kawhi Duncan
10-28-2023, 11:40 PM
Tre needs to start to help the development of Wemby... He is the only one that consistently passes him the ball perfectly, and doesn't have an "I wanna get mine" mentality

KobesAchilles
10-29-2023, 01:24 PM
So, now, you’re a doctor AND an NBA GM? David had a very freakish set of circumstances that led to him having almost zero core strength. He couldn’t lean down at the waist and pick up a cup off of the floor, despite his vaunted strength. With modern trading techniques, that could literally never happen again.
Funny bc I can’t think of a modern big man that didn’t get hurt. Big men just get hurt easier. It’s hard to think of one that didn’t. I guess Russell and Wilt and KAJ. But that was 50 years ago and far from modern. It’s also hard to think of one that was dominant for over a decade. Shaq? But if you just look at things historically, then big men get hurt and you have about a 10 year window with them carrying you. Even Durant (Wembys comp) got hurt and he plays like a guard.

Duncan was done at 10 years for carrying a franchise. It’s why Kawhi, Green, and Splitter were so important. On top of Parker and Manu ofc. But 09 lost First round. 10 lost second round. 11 lost first round. Duncan just didn’t have it anymore to carry bad teams. We needed a team where everyone pulled their weight.

Also funny all these things that only I have to obtain in order to share my opinion but nobody else does. I have to be a GM. I have to be a Dr. People who disagree with me don’t need these things. Only good ol KA.

JeffDuncan
10-29-2023, 02:36 PM
… I can’t think of a modern big man that didn’t get hurt. …

The injury rate in the NBA is 100%. Fortunately, most of the injuries are minor, and may not even lead to a loss of playing time. Let’s all cross our fingers.

Hell, come to think of it, the injury rate from being alive is 100%. Let’s all cross the rest of our fingers.

You’re right that the Spurs should have a sense of urgency. The clock is ticking. As a practical matter tho, the Spurs can take advantage of opportunities only when they appear. I hope it’s soon.

Vince Carter's ankle
10-29-2023, 03:11 PM
Imo It isn’t unfounded. In my scenario, Sochan doesn’t work out as PG. that means we have to play him at a new position next year. So then he has to spend an entire year learning a new role and a new way to play alongside Wemby. And it’s another year of development that we have to spend on Sochan that I don’t think he needs. I believe we are going backwards on the development. Like get him to a point where he could possibly be a PG over a few years in development instead of just making him one. He has too many things he needs to work on if he wants to be a PG. dribbling, attacking defenders, setting up others, shooting, and even defense. It’s too much to give to one person with zero experience at it

And you’ve never given your opinion one way or the other. That was my point. You just go after others opinions with none of your own
all these skills are also important for wings

PrimeMinister
10-29-2023, 03:13 PM
sochan will become a more well rounded player for this going forward regardless of whether or not he ends up as the primary ballhandler

have a little patience and enjoy the ride. jones has done a really nice job getting things moving when they stagnate with jeremy.

KobesAchilles
10-29-2023, 03:44 PM
sochan will become a more well rounded player for this going forward regardless of whether or not he ends up as the primary ballhandler

have a little patience and enjoy the ride. jones has done a really nice job getting things moving when they stagnate with jeremy.
I mean can’t I enjoy the ride of Wemby being set up properly AND Sochan being a secondary creator instead of the main PG. that’s the kinda of ride I would like :lol

PrimeMinister
10-29-2023, 03:48 PM
I mean can’t I enjoy the ride of Wemby being set up properly AND Sochan being a secondary creator instead of the main PG. that’s the kinda of ride I would like :lol

youre watching a bunch of kids, some of which cant even legally buy a drink, patience is going to be a part of this process.

KobesAchilles
10-29-2023, 05:54 PM
youre watching a bunch of kids, some of which cant even legally buy a drink, patience is going to be a part of this process.
That’s fair. I just hope we get good enough where we can be older. Bc we have a million picks. And I hope to trade them for an established all star and slide Vassell into the 3 role

spurraider21
10-30-2023, 12:02 PM
this is why "we dont need to make a move for a point guard because blake wesley is developing" stuff never made sense

JeffDuncan
10-30-2023, 02:21 PM
That’s fair. I just hope we get good enough where we can be older. Bc we have a million picks. And I hope to trade them for an established all star and slide Vassell into the 3 role

Vassell is scoring 20ppg as SG and you want to move him. After seeing Pop play Sochan out of position you want to play somebody else out of position. Is lunacy a contagious disease? One wonders.

rascal
10-30-2023, 02:31 PM
Vassell is scoring 20ppg as SG and you want to move him. After seeing Pop play Sochan out of position you want to play somebody else out of position. Is lunacy a contagious disease? One wonders.

I think he means as the third scoring option.

JeffDuncan
10-30-2023, 02:34 PM
I think he means as the third scoring option.

Ok, I hope so. He worried me with that. Lol

KobesAchilles
10-30-2023, 03:52 PM
I meant scoring option. He would be our 3rd scorer

SpurSpike
10-30-2023, 04:00 PM
Trey Jones is looking good so far this season. His court vision, passing and 3 point shot looks improved from last year; so far he is shooting 37% on 3's. He should be our starting point guard and its glaringly obvious.

Makes me wonder why we are experimenting with Sochan at the point. He didn't have a problem coming of the bench at Baylor. Perhaps we are simply just waiting on Devonte Graham to come back from suspension and be the backup point and using this time to experiment with more position-less lineups?

JeffDuncan
10-30-2023, 04:08 PM
I meant scoring option. He would be our 3rd scorer

Bless you. Good man. Lol. The way things are going, I’m jumpy.

JeffDuncan
10-30-2023, 04:10 PM

Makes me wonder why we are experimenting with Sochan at the point. …

Dee-fense, DEE-fense. Supposedly.