PDA

View Full Version : Ref watch regarding Wemby 2023-24

MultiTroll
10-25-2023, 11:33 PM
Game 1.
What a pathetic embarrassment by MavsRef.

Of the 5 fouls from what i saw
1 legit
4 pathetic
Also when he swatted down at the ball on Doncic, did he get all ball or some hand too? Which, either way NBA rules clear as hell "Hand is Part of the Ball."

You?
If some of our more techy people can get the plays up / find the tweets please do.
Because sorry ass ESPN/Lakers/Warriors telecast with JJ NoDick and Soft Dick were pathetic. Did they replay and comment on more then 1?
The play by play guy was Mike Breen level clownish too.

Little douchebag Williams flopping.

cd98
10-25-2023, 11:58 PM
They were legit calls. Wemby is a rookie. He’ll learn not to commit dumb fouls.

KaiRMD1
10-26-2023, 12:35 AM
Those fouls were "welcome to the NBA" fouls for the ol' sport. Rather, young sport

objective
10-26-2023, 12:46 AM
The offensive foul with the arm was a flopping joke

Wemby had his arm up and was moving back, not extending it. Williams just kept walking into the forearm until it pressed against him then flopped down after he was the one responsible for all the contact by walking into Wemby

Refs in the Celtics game conspire with their crap calls to make the game last so long everyone misses the Spurs start and then anti Wemby got to work

Chinook
10-26-2023, 12:55 AM
Wemby basically has air superiority over everyone he's going up against. He needs to basically just leave his arms out of everyone else's flight lanes until he learns where to pick his spots. This is not close to the hardest challenge he's going to face, and while I do expect for the refs to meet him partway on the calls. It's not good for development or health if he doesn't learn to control his body better.

AusSpur
10-26-2023, 01:20 AM
Tony Brothers wanted some of that Wemby shine tonight.

RC_Drunkford
10-26-2023, 05:13 AM
the worst call to me was the Grant Williams flop when Wemby made a 3 and they didn't count it. Pop should've challenged that.

SupremeGuy
10-26-2023, 08:42 AM
FUCK bro as much as I'd like to blame the refs on these calls, at least 4 were legit. Wemby making rookie mistakes.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 09:33 AM
The offensive foul with the arm was a flopping joke

Wemby had his arm up and was moving back, not extending it. Williams just kept walking into the forearm until it pressed against him then flopped down after he was the one responsible for all the contact by walking into Wemby
Plain as day.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 09:34 AM

FUCK bro as much as I'd like to blame the refs on these calls, at least 4 were legit. Wemby making rookie mistakes.
Surely some replays will appear on the Net.
We'll see what they show.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 09:38 AM

Those fouls were "welcome to the NBA" fouls for the ol' sport. Rather, young sport

while I do expect for the refs to meet him partway on the calls. It's not good for development or health if he doesn't learn to control his body better.

Ya i sure remember recent rookie stars and media pulls like Ja Morant and Doncic having to go thru massive bullshit rookie calls.

Can't wait to see replays of Wemby foul calls Game 1.

Ed Helicopter Jones
10-26-2023, 10:51 AM
Meh...I don't think Wemby will be a target of the refs. He's going to make the NBA a lot of money, so if anything he'll start getting superstar treatment before too long.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 11:04 AM
Meh...I don't think Wemby will be a target of the refs. He's going to make the NBA a lot of money, so if anything he'll start getting superstar treatment before too long.Timmy Duncan?

I hope you're right but i can see another Timmy Duncan shafting.
Dimwit coach is zero help.

rjv
10-26-2023, 02:40 PM
the worst call to me was the Grant Williams flop when Wemby made a 3 and they didn't count it. Pop should've challenged that.

that flop artist also drew a charge from Wemby when he pulled a chris paulesque whiplash move on a wemby jump shot attempt.

spurraider21
10-26-2023, 02:55 PM
trying to find clips of all the fouls, so far can only find these two, and they're probably the two stupidest fouls he committed :lol

sometimes there are going to be tough fouls, thats gonna happen. these two were completely avoidable and just him being careless

baseline bum
10-26-2023, 03:02 PM

Yeah that was the only really bad call that sticks out. Can't recall any of the five on Wemby being too bad.

Leetonidas
10-26-2023, 03:05 PM
Most of them were legit fouls. A couple of them were just dumb rookie mistakes. Only one was questionable imo

Knoxxx
10-26-2023, 05:29 PM
The stolen 3 pt shot seemed terrible to me since Williams is the type to instigate and over dramatize. I thought that Doncic clearly pushed off on his step back dagger 3, but nobody seemed to notice?

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 05:55 PM
Yeah that was the only really bad call that sticks out. Can't recall any of the five on Wemby being too bad.
So 1 of the 5 was really bad but you can't recall any of the 5 being too bad? :lol

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 05:57 PM
trying to find clips of all the fouls, so far can only find these two, and they're probably the two stupidest fouls he committed :lol

sometimes there are going to be tough fouls, thats gonna happen. these two were completely avoidable and just him being careless

Nicely done.
The top was obvious bodying foul on Wemby. And dumb since Mav dribbler wasn't going anywhere, pinned underneath basket and end line.

The foul on Princess Luka got to see a better angle.

baseline bum
10-26-2023, 06:42 PM
So 1 of the 5 was really bad but you can't recall any of the 5 being too bad? :lol

The really bad call wasn't a foul on Wemby so wasn't one of the 5. The bad call was the one that wiped out Wemby's three.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 06:51 PM
The really bad call wasn't a foul on Wemby so wasn't one of the 5. The bad call was the one that wiped out Wemby's three.
Got it.
Ya that was reviewable, right?
:drunk :pop: :drunk

That the play were one of the Dicks said this year floppers can get a fine the next day even if nothing is called during the game.

MultiTroll
10-26-2023, 06:55 PM
Popped could not have challenged Williams pussy flop per new NBA rules. But spineless NBA could call Williams flop today. Lets see if they do.

A flopping violation will not be directly reviewable by a Coach’s Challenge. However, the referees could call a flop via replay review of a called foul triggered by a Coach’s Challenge or referee-initiated replay review of certain types of called fouls (such as a potential flagrant foul, block-charge call, end-of-period foul or clear-path foul).

The league office’s ability to assess flops after a game will remain in place. New for the 2023-24 season, the postgame monetary penalty system for flops has been modified to replicate that of technical fouls, with fines starting at $2,000 and increasing incrementally for repeat offenders.

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 09:44 AM

How are you doing?

I've asked both Jeff McDonald and Tom Osborn.
Neither of the phaggots has responded.
If they put it in their game article, i withdraw my characterization.
Ain't paying to read SAEX News.

Petition to get you or Timvp hired at a fat salary at one of the local stations.

MultiTroll
10-27-2023, 11:39 PM
118-113 the goaltend call when Wama tipped it to himself and did the fabulous tip dunk.
I dunno it was close but certainly looked like the ball was outside the cylinder -albeit barely. Thus should have been a good shot.
You could see the Spurs bench guy with the laptop showing Popped it was good.

Wama getting in Jabbris face and yelling after the shot. Could have def been a taunting call on Wama.

Mr. Body
10-27-2023, 11:41 PM
That goaltending call was incorrect.

RC_Drunkford
10-28-2023, 06:22 AM
yeah that should've counted for sure. I don't know what the refs were seeing there

Obstructed_View
10-28-2023, 11:08 AM
Officiating was utter trash last night. The Spurs barely caught a break.

Mr. Body
10-28-2023, 11:15 AM
It feels like the officials are just in blank 'rookie call' mode for the Spurs, e.g. absolutely no calls whatsoever.

FkLA
10-28-2023, 11:21 AM
Wemby is great for ratings and the league in general. There is literally no reason why the NBA would have any sort of agenda against him. There will be some missed calls but in general he will be treated like royalty by the refs, tbh.

Let's not act like dumbass Laker fans that think the NBA is out to get them :lol

Chinook
10-28-2023, 11:55 AM
Wemby played differently, which is why he basically had no blocks outside of the burst against Smith but also played his full stint. To some extent, people are going to have to view Wemby as an elite corner, especially if he's going to be on the perimeter. He's going to block out a side of the court but not get opportunities to collect as many stats as some guys who don't have his rep. That's okay. He has to pick his spots. I do think there were stretches where you could tell he was too tired to fully contest a shot. A lot of fans were bitching about Pop taking him out toward the end of the fourth, but it was clear Victor was gassed. The Spurs likely lose the game in regulation if Pop doesn't sit him for a couple of minutes. Like with Roy Hibbert, Wemby is going to have to adjust his conditioning to handle NBA speed. It can happen, but it might take longer than we expect. So we've seen Wemby can stay out of foul trouble just fine if a team isn't forcing the issue. We'll see how well he does against a team that will try to get him in trouble, and after that how he starts to find the balance between avoiding contact and showing his impact. This is also true on offense where folks seem to want Wemby to screen while PATFO clearly gameplanned for Wemby to avoid screening as much as possible.