PDA

View Full Version : is sochan not a fan of being victors teammate

playblair
10-29-2023, 10:08 PM
sochan refused to use victors hand as help to get off the floor vs clippers.......vs the rockets sochan refused to shake victors hand after the win.........sochan has also been posting cryptic messages on social media.....

Big Empty
10-29-2023, 10:12 PM
sochan refused to use victors hand as help to get off the floor vs clippers.......vs the rockets sochan refused to shake victors hand after the win.........sochan has also been posting cryptic messages on social media.....
Cryptic how? Like what is he posting?

thiste
10-29-2023, 10:14 PM
Saw that too

Sochan forced to play PG cuz of Wemby maybe?

kht
10-29-2023, 10:22 PM
Wasn't Sochan literally the first guy to reach out on social media? Sochan would literally be walked off the plank if he and Wemby had beef.

Pauleta14
10-29-2023, 10:23 PM
He might not be the only one

spursparker9
10-29-2023, 10:23 PM
He is still mad that Victor dye his hair back.

Spurs Homer
10-29-2023, 10:25 PM
Manu vs parker?

onechance87
10-29-2023, 10:28 PM
i mean maybe....We might have to trade ths whole damn team....Thy aint trying to get him involved in the offence

jbspurs
10-29-2023, 11:01 PM
I noticed him not passing to Wemby, he always gives it to KJ even if Wemby is wide open.

james evans
10-29-2023, 11:13 PM
I’m seriously not going to watch 79 more games of Vassell , Johnson and Sochan selfishly bricking 3s. Why can’t they get wemby the fukin ball on the block?

daslicer
10-29-2023, 11:15 PM
I’m seriously not going to watch 79 more games of Vassell , Johnson and Sochan selfishly bricking 3s. Why can’t they get wemby the fukin ball on the block?

Agreed to me it's very obvious they are freezing out Wemby. I just don't buy into that crap of how they are saying it's allegedly hard to throw entry passes into Wemby.

james evans
10-29-2023, 11:18 PM
Agreed to me it's very obvious they are freezing out Wemby. I just don't buy into that crap of how they are saying it's allegedly hard to throw entry passes into Wemby.
Every time he cuts to the basket they miss him and then brick another 3

GAustex
10-29-2023, 11:30 PM
Inconceivable for a Pop led team

10-29-2023, 11:47 PM
One of these scrubs will soon figure out they can make a lucrative career just by passing the ball well to Wemby.

stephen jackson
10-29-2023, 11:48 PM
Trade em all

Floyd Pacquiao
10-29-2023, 11:54 PM
Him and Keldon Johnson just have a low BBIQ. They have no finesse or passing ability.

Russo21
10-30-2023, 02:17 AM

Why would they be freezing Wemby out? That's a one way ticket out of town tbh and its bloody weird. Agreed it's not hard to throw entry passes in to a 7'4" athletic freak so something is wrong. Just selfish young players? Selfish young players who aren't very good and think they're better than they are? I think everyone is expendable except Wemby and maybe Vassell. I've got no hope for Keldon and Sochan.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
10-30-2023, 10:05 AM
Obviously victor is the least liked guy in the locker room

wildbill2u
10-30-2023, 10:11 AM
Crazy if true. He is their ticket to more wins, maybe a championship some day and all the glory, perks and salary increases that go with that.

MultiTroll
10-30-2023, 10:11 AM
Inconceivable for a Pop led team
It's real surprising.
NBA Playoffs: Fans were stunned that Spurs didn’t foul late in Game 7 (usatoday.com) (https://ftw.usatoday.com/2019/04/denver-nuggets-san-antonio-spurs-game-7-no-foul)

playblair
10-30-2023, 10:55 AM
popovich post game press conference quote.........

bad body language and players not sticking together

:(

stephen jackson
10-30-2023, 12:16 PM

didn’t see that very bad

Kawhi Duncan
10-31-2023, 02:43 AM
Hmmm...

spursparker9
10-31-2023, 05:45 AM

It is inevitable for a young team with no veterans. That's why team and front office would values respected veterans with good leadership and can give the motivation talks in locker room to unite the team. Currently, the team don't have a player like that.

Pauleta14
10-31-2023, 12:39 PM
Some of you seem to miss how cynical the new genenation is if you think they see Wemby as "their ticket to win..."

They're not fans, they're dudes looking for the bag.

Wemby complicates eveything, for everyone including Pop who would be more comfortable with an easier to manage pofile like Chet Holgrem.

It's more nuanced than "they hate him" or "they don't wanna pass him the ball" but in the end it's the same result.

Rocalcio
10-31-2023, 12:45 PM
You guys really need to stop imaging such dumb things…

scott
10-31-2023, 01:16 PM
Some of you seem to miss how cynical the new genenation is if you think they see Wemby as "their ticket to win..."

They're not fans, they're dudes looking for the bag.

Wemby complicates eveything, for everyone including Pop who would be more comfortable with an easier to manage pofile like Chet Holgrem.

It's more nuanced than "they hate him" or "they don't wanna pass him the ball" but in the end it's the same result.

This is a good point. Wemby raises the bar, not just for the franchise, but for the players currently on it. A player who is acceptable for a lottery team is no longer okay for a team with a superstar. Wemby's presence puts pressure on everyone else on the team to raise their level. Some guys may feel threatened by that. The kind who are threatened aren't championship winning players anyway, so best to just move on from them as the opportunities arise.

JPB
10-31-2023, 01:39 PM
You guys really need to stop imaging such dumb things…

It's obvious for who watches the games that they're freezing Wemby out, except for Tre... He just can't get the ball in proper conditions. I don't know if behind the official speeches, they're jaleaous of the french dude who gets all that attention but they're clearly not trying to help Victor, or not hard enough.

As far as Sochan is concerned, for all that "dog" he has in him, he doesn't really seem like an utterly empathetic, poised or humble dude, but rather focused on and kinda full of himself, like when he trolls Lebron or acts like a wannabee badass guy on the court. He hasn't done crap in the NBA but acts like he's the thing, Dillon Brooks style. I don't see a long future for him in SA right now, he'd be in a package for a star if there's a trade there.

Anyway, Pop gotta do something about that. It's OK to let Wemby to his thing to see what you got, but it's probably time to start actually coaching him and the team which has to be centered around Vic. And everybody else has to understand that or they're out. Work for the team not for your next bag. I'll also put Devin asides cos he got paid and is visibly tryng to justify his extension and play like a 30M+/year guy. Long story short, that vet PG we've been chatting about all summer long is really missing here. And put Tre back in the strating lineup.

Rocalcio
10-31-2023, 01:54 PM
It's obvious for who watches the games that they're freezing Wemby out, except for Tre... He just can't get the ball in proper conditions. I don't know if behind the official speeches, they're jaleaous of the french dude who gets all that attention but they're clearly not trying to help Victor, or not hard enough.

As far as Sochan is concerned, for all that "dog" he has in him, he doesn't really seem like an utterly empathetic, poised or humble dude, but rather focused on and kinda full of himself, like when he trolls Lebron or acts like a wannabee badass guy on the court. He hasn't done crap in the NBA but acts like he's the thing, Dillon Brooks style. I don't see a long future for him in SA right now, he'd be in a package for a star if there's a trade there.

Anyway, Pop gotta do something about that. It's OK to let Wemby to his thing to see what you got, but it's probably time to start actually coaching him and the team which has to be centered around Vic. And everybody else has to understand that or they're out. Work for the team not for your next bag. I'll also put Devin asides cos he got paid and is visibly tryng to justify his extension and play like a 30M+/year guy. Long story short, that vet PG we've been chatting about all summer long is really missing here. And put Tre back in the strating lineup.

I watched the game, don’t worry.
There is nothing obvious here.

Guys here on ST are frustrated after 3 games and you’re trying to make up dumb things in order to explain why the kids aren’t wining.

They’re figuring out how to play with Wembanyama, just give them time and stop creating stupid rumors.
What positive things could players get by acting like that, they’d be seen like non coachable players polluting the locker room.

JPB
10-31-2023, 04:39 PM
I watched the game, don’t worry.
There is nothing obvious here.

Guys here on ST are frustrated after 3 games and you’re trying to make up dumb things in order to explain why the kids aren’t wining.

They’re figuring out how to play with Wembanyama, just give them time and stop creating stupid rumors.
What positive things could players get by acting like that, they’d be seen like non coachable players polluting the locker room.

1.Calling other people arguments stupid because you disagree doesn't make you smarter, quite the opposite.

2. No offense but last time I checked you're not the emperor of the forum, so try not to ask people to stop posting what they want.

3. Are you discovering elite sport and athlets? do you want me to post the list of notoriously polluted locker rooms or polluting players (there's one who just got taded to LA)? The NBA si full of egos and wanabees, this isn't Dysneyland... I'm not saying SA locker room is polluted and that might be inconscious, but these guys are professional basketball players, there's basics (like hitting the cutter) that don't need to get used to each others... You can't have watched the first 3 games and tell they can't find Victor because they're "discovering themselves"... they've worked together all summer long, plus the 4 preaseason games and they couldn't just make an entry pass or throw the ball inside and set a 7"4 dude corrreclty? Then, they should be all traded because they freaking suck then... Everybody calls their own number, ignoring Victor screens, cuts or calls for lobs...How many times Sean noticed and mentioned that during the brodcasts..?.. I've heard him like 5 times say: "just throw the ball to Wemby", or "he got to have the ball every play"... He should be the center of the attack but he's just another dude out there, having to work more than he should for his points. they're eliminating his size advantage. Watch OKC and you'll see Chet is not ignored like that, and that's his first 3 NBA games too.

scott
10-31-2023, 07:29 PM
One thing that really stood out to me in getting to see the team up close and personal on Sunday, Wemby frequently makes a move to the basket and points up to the sky, calling for the lob. In many cases, he is not at all "open" in the traditional sense, meaning that if it were any other player you would probably not view him as open and throw that lob. However, we are talking about Wemby here. I wonder how much of the hesitation of others is that they haven't yet adapted to the fact that Wemby is capable of one-of-a-kind things and that you can go behind what you would do for literally any other player they've ever suited up with.

Just a thought.

JPB
10-31-2023, 08:15 PM
One thing that really stood out to me in getting to see the team up close and personal on Sunday, Wemby frequently makes a move to the basket and points up to the sky, calling for the lob. In many cases, he is not at all "open" in the traditional sense, meaning that if it were any other player you would probably not view him as open and throw that lob. However, we are talking about Wemby here. I wonder how much of the hesitation of others is that they haven't yet adapted to the fact that Wemby is capable of one-of-a-kind things and that you can go behind what you would do for literally any other player they've ever suited up with.

Just a thought.

I don't know, they've been playing together for 3 months and all said he's doing things others can't... Again that's their job, they're professional, it's not pick up games on the local playground, you won't make me believe that's not something they would think and talk about. You have a 7"5 athletic guy ou there but "Oops! I don't know what to do with him!" or Oops, I forgot he's there and what he can do!" I mean, how do they prepare the games if they don't talk or think about that? That's terrible BBIQ. not to exploit the match ups.

So you have to ask yourself if they just don't take care of their own brand (even inconsciously and genuinely, thinking Victor will be fine anyway) with all that exposition. There's a lot of money in the NBA today, even for B or role players.

scott
10-31-2023, 08:35 PM
I don't know, they've been playing together for 3 months and all said he's doing things others can't... Again that's their job, they're professional, it's not pick up games on the local playground, you won't make me believe that's not something they would think and talk about. You have a 7"5 athletic guy ou there but "Oops! I don't know what to do with him!" or Oops, I forgot he's there and what he can do!" I mean, how do they prepare the games if they don't talk or think about that? That's terrible BBIQ. not to exploit the match ups.

So you have to ask yourself if they just don't take care of their own brand (even inconsciously and genuinely, thinking Victor will be fine anyway) with all that exposition. There's a lot of money in the NBA today, even for B or role players.

If you are asking if I think we have some low BBIQ players on our team, I think the answer is probably yes - coupled with their overall low to average skill level.

objective
10-31-2023, 09:31 PM
At the start of the game in the scramble that led to Wemby getting the ball, Sochan could have set a screen but just ran out of there leaving Wemby to try to go 1 on 1 and getting stripped by Durant

Sochan isn't a part of winning basketball right now

mikec
10-31-2023, 11:17 PM
SOCHAN SAYING FU WEMBY. You're underneath the basket covered by a midget but I'll throw it to the corner and of course a missed 3. LOL JOKE.

Rocalcio
11-01-2023, 06:54 AM
1.Calling other people arguments stupid because you disagree doesn't make you smarter, quite the opposite.

2. No offense but last time I checked you're not the emperor of the forum, so try not to ask people to stop posting what they want.

3. Are you discovering elite sport and athlets? do you want me to post the list of notoriously polluted locker rooms or polluting players (there's one who just got taded to LA)? The NBA si full of egos and wanabees, this isn't Dysneyland... I'm not saying SA locker room is polluted and that might be inconscious, but these guys are professional basketball players, there's basics (like hitting the cutter) that don't need to get used to each others... You can't have watched the first 3 games and tell they can't find Victor because they're "discovering themselves"... they've worked together all summer long, plus the 4 preaseason games and they couldn't just make an entry pass or throw the ball inside and set a 7"4 dude corrreclty? Then, they should be all traded because they freaking suck then... Everybody calls their own number, ignoring Victor screens, cuts or calls for lobs...How many times Sean noticed and mentioned that during the brodcasts..?.. I've heard him like 5 times say: "just throw the ball to Wemby", or "he got to have the ball every play"... He should be the center of the attack but he's just another dude out there, having to work more than he should for his points. they're eliminating his size advantage. Watch OKC and you'll see Chet is not ignored like that, and that's his first 3 NBA games too.

Ok keep calling me idiot while you’re on the idiot’ side.
I bet after last night game you think the atmosphere is ideal in the locker room now ?

And by the way everyone here keep telling others to shut up, so why should I be blamed for doing the same ? That doesn’t make me any emperor…