PDA

View Full Version : Been saying it since the start of FA... we have no 1-on-1, break you down type of players...

kht
10-29-2023, 11:35 PM
Besides Vassell if the Spurs' shots aren't falling... it's "gg well played" every night like tonight. This is why I was pushing so hard for the Spurs to go after Poole.

daslicer
10-29-2023, 11:36 PM
Poole is a balhog lol we would still be getting the same results with him. Spurs need a legit playmaker.

tim_duncan_fan
10-29-2023, 11:43 PM
People assumed Vic would come and do that. And shoot 40% from 3. And grab 12 boards. And block 5 shots. And get 3 steals. Etc

We are going to need a mean, and I want to emphasize the quality mean, PG who can attack the basket and shoot the 3.

Spiritually, this team will need an asshole who can back it up with numbers.

Chinook
10-30-2023, 12:07 AM
The Spurs tried to manufacture that by telling role-players to train like stars. Vassell shows potential there, but he's not enough to a rim threat to make his midrange shot that valuable. Wemby needs to cut down on dribbling. Just run a screen to get him the ball 8-12 feet from the basket and have him immediately go into his shot. He's probably shoot like 70 percent, and it would open up the rest of the offense. But yes you can see the difference between the Spurs' top perimeter guys and legit stars. Fuck, even prime Rudy Gay would be a godsend. I wonder what it would take to pry Dinwiddie from the Nets. The biggest name who both has the right attributes and who's available is Harden, but ew. Zach Lavine and his max deal are shaky. DeRozan would make sense on paper, but been there done that. His inability to space the floor really hurts his ability to use the legit skills he does have to help his team win against good teams. Trading with the Bulls encourages them to tank, which isn't great. But the Spurs do have that 2025 pick which is of middling value on its own but might be really valuable to Chicago. Along those lines, Coby White's developed into a solid role-playing guard. I don't think he's tradeable until January, but he could be a nice base-hit move at that time.

Proxy
10-30-2023, 12:39 AM
Poole lmao :drunk

scott
10-30-2023, 02:18 AM
Is Kevin Tran still a Free Agent?

tbdog
10-30-2023, 02:38 AM
The Spurs tried to manufacture that by telling role-players to train like stars. Vassell shows potential there, but he's not enough to a rim threat to make his midrange shot that valuable. Wemby needs to cut down on dribbling. Just run a screen to get him the ball 8-12 feet from the basket and have him immediately go into his shot. He's probably shoot like 70 percent, and it would open up the rest of the offense. But yes you can see the difference between the Spurs' top perimeter guys and legit stars. Fuck, even prime Rudy Gay would be a godsend. I wonder what it would take to pry Dinwiddie from the Nets. The biggest name who both has the right attributes and who's available is Harden, but ew. Zach Lavine and his max deal are shaky. DeRozan would make sense on paper, but been there done that. His inability to space the floor really hurts his ability to use the legit skills he does have to help his team win against good teams. Trading with the Bulls encourages them to tank, which isn't great. But the Spurs do have that 2025 pick which is of middling value on its own but might be really valuable to Chicago. Along those lines, Coby White's developed into a solid role-playing guard. I don't think he's tradeable until January, but he could be a nice base-hit move at that time.

I think Fultz is someone to look at. But he is a free agent next season. Probably just wait.

venitian navigator
10-30-2023, 03:38 AM
I agree Orlando us a team to look at for playmaking decent solutions... With Fultz, Suggs and Black being possible targets (they also gave Anthony but I don't like him as a primary play maker/ball handler)... 3/4 people for the same starting role is simple too much so the price should be acceptable...

tbdog
10-30-2023, 03:50 AM
It'll take Johnson for faulz, I imagine. But as I said, fultz is a free agent next off session and Spurs will have the cap to make it happen. Lavine is an option but I think there will be a bidding war for him.