PDA

View Full Version : why do vassell sochan malaki & johnson keep waiving off wembanyama

playblair
10-31-2023, 09:39 PM
when victor asks for a pass they constantly waive him off.........when victor is open they look at him & pass to another player........during the 1st q of tonights game vs the suns victor was wide open in the paint vassell saw him looked at him shook his head & passed to someone else........victor was visibly upset.......

tim_duncan_fan
10-31-2023, 09:45 PM
They are late seeing the passing lanes. And neither of them can attack off the dribble.

They can't hoop.

kxs783kms
10-31-2023, 09:48 PM
Because at this current time in the season and his young career, Vic is an automatic turnover machine. I wouldn't pass him the ball either until he learns to establish some kind of position and/or slow down before he makes a move.

jehawk81
10-31-2023, 09:54 PM
Because at this current time in the season and his young career, Vic is an automatic turnover machine. I wouldn't pass him the ball either until he learns to establish some kind of position and/or slow down before he makes a move.

It's not as if these other guys are any better at all.

CGD
10-31-2023, 09:55 PM

Lots of truth in this

playblair
10-31-2023, 10:07 PM
after that wembanyama dunk its glaring obvious his teammates are icing him out........

kxs783kms
10-31-2023, 10:07 PM
It's not as if these other guys are any better at all.

I agree with that statement.

spurs10
10-31-2023, 10:13 PM
Pop should bench them. Wemby has more talent than all of them combined.

spurraider21
10-31-2023, 10:14 PM
Pop should bench them. Wemby has more talent than all of them combined.
wemby is 1-6 from the field with 4 turnovers

the problem is a lot deeper than "give wemba ball"

Kawhi Duncan
10-31-2023, 11:55 PM
wemby is 1-6 from the field with 4 turnovers

the problem is a lot deeper than "give wemba ball"

Yea... It's his teammates either not fuckin with him, or being incapable of making plays for others

Cry Havoc
10-31-2023, 11:59 PM
12 shots in 28 minutes with 5 turnovers and 4-5 at the line is an awful lot for a guy getting iced by his teammates.

baseline bum
11-01-2023, 12:03 AM
Wemby calls for the ball every single trip down the floor. Did it in France too.

Arcadian
11-01-2023, 03:26 AM
Wemby calls for the ball every single trip down the floor. Did it in France too.

I like to see it. I would be a lot more bothered if he was too passive. It would be a shame if he wasn't aggressive and wasn't confident in himself.

When you have a 7'3 guy who can do everything on the court, you should be feeding him early and often, because it's so easy for him to get open and have a good look at the basket. He needs to learn to find more efficient spots, and his team needs to do everything they can to get him in those spots.

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 05:36 AM
12 shots in 28 minutes with 5 turnovers and 4-5 at the line is an awful lot for a guy getting iced by his teammates.

Some of those shots happened off offensive rebounds, and others happened off Tre passing him the ball (apparently the only one willingly ready to pass it to him)... There should never be a game where Collins takes as many shots as Wemby... Collins... COLLINS!

dbestpro
11-01-2023, 06:48 AM
My wife who is an average fan asked why are they freezing out Wemby? If she sees it then it is that obvious. Pop needs to revert back to mean Pop with these kids.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-01-2023, 09:06 AM
https://avatars.mds.yandex.net/get-images-cbir/2331304/Us3E6Vi3R4F0qC2DuZ08Eg7705/ocr

Vince Carter's ankle
11-01-2023, 09:10 AM
My wife who is an average fan asked why are they freezing out Wemby? If she sees it then it is that obvious. Pop needs to revert back to mean Pop with these kids.
her opinion on this topic can be ignored

couchman
11-01-2023, 10:08 AM
If we had kept giving Wemby the ball when this post was made we would have lost.
VW was just missing everything and turning it over repeatedly.

It was Keldon and Vassell getting more touches than got us back in the game. It was also Keldon and Vassell’s success that opened up the floor for Wemby to settle down and play better late.

Just giving one guy the ball is not an offense for us, at least not yet.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 11:20 AM
Some of those shots happened off offensive rebounds, and others happened off Tre passing him the ball (apparently the only one willingly ready to pass it to him)... There should never be a game where Collins takes as many shots as Wemby... Collins... COLLINS!

You mean the guy who had the highest FG% for the game out of all of our starters?

Collins is also just 25, and missed basically two full years of league play so he's really just starting his 4th year in the league.

At absolute worst, Pop is giving these guys value for trading. At best, he's developing a team that isn't 100% dependent upon Wemby for everything.

And I'm not even sure we're trying to win at this point. Our team is the youngest in the league, there's 0 chance we're winning a title or even making a deep playoff run. Develop the pieces, trade the ones we want to upgrade with the 15,000 picks PATFO has built up for this exact moment, and then start a Dynasty with Wemby when he's 22-23 and still has 12 years of prime play to give us.

JPB
11-01-2023, 11:38 AM
Wemby is also turning it over because he doesn't get the ball in good positions and has to work too much for his points. They're not optimizing his size and mobility, he should get more easy buckets. O lobs for the game when you have a dynamic 7"5 player like Vic is criminal. When he got a clear shot like that late, clutch 4th quarter jumper, he knocks it down. he should get more shots like that. But I blame Pop, more than his teammates.

Kawhi Duncan
11-02-2023, 12:23 AM
You mean the guy who had the highest FG% for the game out of all of our starters?

Collins is also just 25, and missed basically two full years of league play so he's really just starting his 4th year in the league.

At absolute worst, Pop is giving these guys value for trading. At best, he's developing a team that isn't 100% dependent upon Wemby for everything.

And I'm not even sure we're trying to win at this point. Our team is the youngest in the league, there's 0 chance we're winning a title or even making a deep playoff run. Develop the pieces, trade the ones we want to upgrade with the 15,000 picks PATFO has built up for this exact moment, and then start a Dynasty with Wemby when he's 22-23 and still has 12 years of prime play to give us.

So u think Collins should average as many shots as Wemby, then?

Cry Havoc
11-02-2023, 01:56 AM
So u think Collins should average as many shots as Wemby, then?

We aren't talking about averages, so that part of your argument is immaterial. We're talking about one game here. And in that game Wemby was shooting poorly early and Collins ended up shooting over 50% for the game.

Do I think Collins should take as many/more shots than Wemby every game? Not at all. But do I think he should get touches if he's draining shots and Wemby isn't? Abso-fucking-lutely. Maybe when Wemby becomes a bit more consistent in the early going he'll get the rock a lot more and then we won't even have this debate.

BTW, Wemby has taken more shots this year than Collins, in fewer minutes.

Rocalcio
11-02-2023, 02:36 AM
when victor asks for a pass they constantly waive him off.........when victor is open they look at him & pass to another player........during the 1st q of tonights game vs the suns victor was wide open in the paint vassell saw him looked at him shook his head & passed to someone else........victor was visibly upset.......

You need to stop creating these controversial threads, if at least you showed what you’re saying on videos. What is the point of this ? Having ST hating on these guys ? That’s so dumb…

Rocalcio
11-02-2023, 02:37 AM

He has the same TO numbers as Durant or Jokic

Obstructed_View
11-02-2023, 02:39 AM
Delusional. You guys are as stupid as dbestpro's wife.

JPB
11-02-2023, 08:06 AM
He has the same TO numbers as Durant or Jokic

Strange but true.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2023, 01:12 PM
You need to stop creating these controversial threads, if at least you showed what you’re saying on videos. What is the point of this ? Having ST hating on these guys ? That’s so dumb…

I take it you've never read a playblair post.

Pretty sure dude is a lakers fan. :lol

Rocalcio
11-02-2023, 01:34 PM
I take it you've never read a playblair post.

Pretty sure dude is a lakers fan. :lol

Yeah, I noticed he started several dumb threads, but the problem is many posters follow his idea. And lately his threads have been quite successful.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2023, 01:47 PM
Yeah, I noticed he started several dumb threads, but the problem is many posters follow his idea. And lately his threads have been quite successful.

Generally the most idiotic, anti-player rants get a lot of traction here. Since most of the oldies left this forum has become much less about the team and more about picking a single player and rooting against everyone else on the team relative to that player, or hating a specific player to the point of hoping the Spurs lose if it means they do poorly so the OP can be "right" in their assessment.

Rocalcio
11-02-2023, 05:39 PM
Generally the most idiotic, anti-player rants get a lot of traction here. Since most of the oldies left this forum has become much less about the team and more about picking a single player and rooting against everyone else on the team relative to that player, or hating a specific player to the point of hoping the Spurs lose if it means they do poorly so the OP can be "right" in their assessment.

That's a shame.

Cry Havoc
11-02-2023, 06:14 PM
That's a shame.

It's what happens to most unmoderated forums. Assholes move in, shit everywhere, make the place generally unenjoyable to stay in, and then shocker lots of people leave.

We used to have multiple sources within the Spurs org routinely posting here, people who were here to talk Spurs/basketball, and generally avoided drama. They got railroaded by trolls and left, wisely.

JPB
11-02-2023, 07:02 PM
Love when guys establish themselves as smart, wise, good morality posters tagging people as idiots and haters because they disagree with their points. The whole Internet is seeing there's someting wrong with Sochan but I guess some people believe ST is the world... Just saying Jeremy is visibly unhappy or saying anything else than feel good, positive stuff about these guys makes you a bad, hating poster.... Dem spurs guys are necessearly all beautiful insde and out, young guys.

Oh and this wasn"t any different back in the day. That Tony vs. Manu could never die, but some people also tend to glorify the past as if "it was better before"... That was actually even fiercer with long threads and posters endlessly fighting over players or Pop... Those insiders didn't disappear because of trolls but because the culture of secret now is much bigger now in the NBA with all that social media circus or they simply don't work anymore in the organisation...

Pauleta14
11-02-2023, 07:25 PM
I too don't appeciate being labbeled when all I did (as most) was wondering...

Correlation isn't causation ;)

dbestpro
11-02-2023, 07:41 PM
Delusional. You guys are as stupid as dbestpro's wife.

You shouldn't talk about your momma that way.

playblair
11-02-2023, 09:28 PM
1st q vs suns 2 on 1 fastbreak.........sochan sees victor call for lob waives him off........sochan takes contested layup with victor wide open.........

playblair
11-02-2023, 11:13 PM
4th q sochan wont pass wembanyama the ball.........how much more evidence do u posters who deny it need........