PDA

View Full Version : Vassell..

jehawk81
10-31-2023, 10:59 PM
If this guy is the 1st or 2nd best player on any team, that team is in trouble. So far he has looked good to mediocre. Even when his shot is falling, he at best should be your #3 best player. He can't consistently create for himself & you can tell he knows that. I see no confidence in him to be the player some on here have said he can be. I've read a few articles about him taking the next step in his career this year - LMAO.. & WTF happened to his defense? His first couple years he was showing alotta potential on that side of the ball & seemed to be one of the best up & coming defenders in the league & then, POOF! I know people will say his role in the team has changed now, but basketball is still played on both sides of the court. The contract he got this off-season is not looking so good anymore.. ok, that's all

Cry Havoc
10-31-2023, 11:44 PM
LMaooooooo I love casual fan takes like this getting embarrassed because they can't wait until the end of the game to post.

390 posts in 13 years and you post too much. Say less.

TrainOfThought5
11-01-2023, 12:01 AM
….. he spends the majority of the time playing without a point guard. That exacerbates his lack of “creation”. You would see a much better Wemby/Vassell if they had a great point Guard.

cd98
11-01-2023, 12:04 AM
Strongly disagree. Vassell is getting better and better. He was a great draft pick and a great sign and is definitely a player the Spurs want to keep. He's probably the only guy on the roster besides Wemby that could blossom into an all star.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 12:09 AM
Why does this board suck so much.

EricB
11-01-2023, 12:20 AM

it’s as painful as watching people credit Tre jones for running the offense when he comes across half court, hands off the ball and runs to the corner

TekXX
11-01-2023, 01:07 AM
So far he's been making these bad shots he takes, hope it continues.

KaiRMD1
11-01-2023, 01:26 AM
I mean, if he can continue making those shots, I'll be happy. He's become more reliable than Johnson

R. DeMurre
11-01-2023, 01:29 AM
One question I think is reasonable: If Pop's willing to experiment with Sochan at PG, why not also experiment with Vassell at PG?

Splits
11-01-2023, 01:38 AM

I've got 24,404 reasons.

But srsly OP is a faggot

tim_duncan_fan
11-01-2023, 01:48 AM
Devin is making some shots that one would normally say are difficult or not so smart. Eye-test goes by how easy the scoring looks.

He has to grow his game with the ball in his hands if he is going to be a legitimate second option. By growing his game with the ball in his hands, I mean his ability to dribble.

One question I think is reasonable: If Pop's willing to experiment with Sochan at PG, why not also experiment with Vassell at PG?

I think they thought Jeremy's ball handling would be better than Vassell's. Neither can handle the rock well enough to make opportunities for others with consistency.

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 07:22 AM
Vassell is really good, he actually should be more aggressive from start to finish. He took some difficult shots cause Wemby didn't set good screens to free him up, so I'm not blaming him. People really need to pay attention to the details

Spursfanfromafar
11-01-2023, 08:09 AM
Vassell is a great shooter and has improved his mid-range game drastically. He is also doing better trying to draw fouls and scoring inside the paint. What he is lacking is the ability to take the ball to the rack and score in traffic. That is something he needs to work over time. Because of that inability, he is sometimes rushing into bad and contested jumpers which is hurting his efficiency in the clutch. He also telegraphs his passes a bit and that is something to work on as well.

But overall, Vassell has made strides in becoming a good second option for the Spurs. He is a far more better offensive player than what he was when he came to the league and while defense has not been as good as advertised, he is still a sharp off-the ball defender and is no slouch. I think he will improve further and became an even better scorer and also be more effective in a less chaotic lineup. For now, with all the inexperience of the Spurs team, there will be inconsistencies. But things will look better for Vassell as Wemby learns his ropes, Sochan gets more comfortable in setting the table and Keldon does the little things on both ends of the floor. As things stand, Vassell is the most consistent of the lot, warts and all.

blizz
11-01-2023, 08:15 AM
Come on guys, take the homer glasses off. Too many times last night he took horrible low percentage hero ball shots when we needed a bucket. If Wemby doesn’t put back that horrible 3 we lose that game. It doesn’t take away your spurs fan-ness to criticize a player.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Wemby didn't set good screens to free him up,
Refs are allowing opponents to slam into and then shove Wama on screens. Also if he initiates ready to ring him up for the slightest contact.

It's like playing the Golden State Phaggots every night.

Disturbing trend needs to be addressed ASAP.

JPB
11-01-2023, 09:03 AM

You're having as many terrible takes as anyone here. We all do.

JPB
11-01-2023, 09:05 AM
it’s as painful as watching people credit Tre jones for running the offense when he comes across half court, hands off the ball and runs to the corner

Tre has been actually wery solid so far, reason why he finishes the games. And the team is clearly better with him at PG.

lefty
11-01-2023, 09:06 AM
Better Kobe tbh