PDA

View Full Version : We won.

benefactor
10-31-2023, 11:43 PM
Taste my nuts hoes. Feels like the future.

TrainOfThought5
10-31-2023, 11:58 PM
At the end of the day it’s the only thing that matters. If we can come together quickly enough, we can still make The play-in. Youth be damned.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 12:00 AM
Taste my nuts hoes. Feels like the future.

I don't know when this site turned into clutchfans but it's gotten progressively worse every season.

I miss the oldies on ST that didn't hide under their bed the minute the team falls behind by 6 points.

Arcadian
11-01-2023, 12:01 AM
Fourth game of the season championship! :danceclub

benefactor
11-01-2023, 12:05 AM
I don't know when this site turned into clutchfans but it's gotten progressively worse every season.

I miss the oldies on ST that didn't hide under their bed the minute the team falls behind by 6 points.
I used to be up here all the time but upstairs has become intolerable. Its just so bad tbh

CorrectCrusader
11-01-2023, 12:06 AM
All I'm saying is that we went on big runs when I turned the game on in the 4th

benefactor
11-01-2023, 12:08 AM
All I'm saying is that we went on big runs when I turned the game on in the 4th
I missed the first half but man that second...praise Allah

cd98
11-01-2023, 12:09 AM
We only need to make incredible comebacks in every win. Going to give fans a heart attack.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 12:11 AM

The enshittification of society continues.

Em-City
11-01-2023, 12:13 AM

lol this guy is one of the "oldies"

benefactor
11-01-2023, 12:15 AM
You being a shit poster doesn't change because you randomly decided to roll out the random big word.

benefactor
11-01-2023, 12:19 AM
I mean can we all just agree Mr Body is the worst? Like I don't even post much up here anymore but his takes are hot garbage. I see them and Im like Jesus..bro

FuzzyLumpkins
11-01-2023, 12:26 AM

Given the demographics of online forums, it's not the youth that are shitting the bed here.

timtonymanu
11-01-2023, 12:34 AM
I used to be up here all the time but upstairs has become intolerable. Its just so bad tbh

Getting Wemby has definitely brought out the faggiest of takes.

:cry Wemby will leave like Nephew.
:cry Sochan must hate Wemby. He doesn’t smile on the court.

itzsoweezee
11-01-2023, 12:52 AM

This site is the same as it ever was. It’s just that there is a lot more opportunity for meltdowns because the team has been bad for several years now. The meltdowns that were very common in the playoffs are now present in regular season games

Chinook
11-01-2023, 12:54 AM
https://media.tenor.com/V5ssrEZn870AAAAC/hamilton-won.gif

TDomination
11-01-2023, 12:55 AM
I watches the entire game and honestly was just hoping they would at least make it competitive after going down 20. Getting the win felt so great, it’s been a while to feel that excitement.

scott
11-01-2023, 01:54 AM
RIP to all the posters who jumped off a bridge at halftime, they missed a good game.

tim_duncan_fan
11-01-2023, 01:56 AM
Pyrite.

There is a ton of work to do if the intention is not to be in the top 4 lottery.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 02:37 AM
https://media.tenor.com/V5ssrEZn870AAAAC/hamilton-won.gif

Saw Hamilton in SF and man, it's a glorious show. Everything is done so well, from the rotating stage to the choreography. Incredible.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 02:38 AM
Pyrite.

There is a ton of work to do if the intention is not to be in the top 4 lottery.

Just curious -- what were your expectations of a team going into the season who's average age doesn't even qualify for cheaper car insurance?

FuzzyLumpkins
11-01-2023, 03:13 AM
Pyrite.

It's a sample. Let's see the body or work before we make comprehensive claims.

dbestpro
11-01-2023, 06:52 AM
Maybe all we have to do is run Tre Jones as the starting PG and play Sochan as a defensive replacement from the bench where he belongs.

Twisted_Dawg
11-01-2023, 07:00 AM
Maybe all we have to do is run Tre Jones as the starting PG and play Sochan as a defensive replacement from the bench where he belongs.

^^^^^^^

tesseractive
11-01-2023, 07:11 AM

Now that we've got a large enough sample size, it's clear that this isn't working.

baseline bum
11-01-2023, 07:54 AM
Always nice to go take a wet shit on Phoenix even in a lottery year.

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 08:00 AM
Now that we've got a large enough sample size, it's clear that this isn't working.

Sometimes you don't have to wait until you get lost if you already see you're heading in the wrong direction... it's better to course correct... Sohan doesn't have natural passer instincts like Tre... And he can't penetrate like like a LeBron (huge PG that can penetrate... Pause)... A PG needs to be able to do at least one of these to be effective

tesseractive
11-01-2023, 08:12 AM
Sometimes you don't have to wait until you get lost if you already see you're heading in the wrong direction... it's better to course correct... Sohan doesn't have natural passer instincts like Tre... And he can't penetrate like like a LeBron (huge PG that can penetrate... Pause)... A PG needs to be able to do at least one of these to be effective

Sochan is a huge benefit on defense and does a lot of other little things. I'd rather give him a lot more than 4 games to try to settle into the role. Besides, they both finished the Phoenix game down the stretch. Starting isn't always the most important thing.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 09:35 AM
:cry:cry "They fouled him, the refs didn't call it," Vogel said. "They whacked him on the arm before the ball gets ripped out of his hands. No call. In a situation like that, we try to get a quick inbounds to our 90% free-throw shooter, and we did." :cry:cry

Altho Tre did foul him.:lol Check the :37 vicinity below.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 09:36 AM
https://youtu.be/LPyduN11wyw

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 09:50 AM
You're never going to see a call in that circumstance. He failed to secure the ball and was making it available. The foul wasn't clear anyway.

Mugen
11-01-2023, 09:51 AM

sammy
11-01-2023, 10:02 AM

Agreed! :bobo

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 10:03 AM
You're never going to see a call in that circumstance. He failed to secure the ball and was making it available. The foul wasn't clear anyway.
:lmao Try doing that to any one of the Golden Phaggots at the end of a game. You'll see a call.

:37 mark you can clearly see Tre had jumped up and completely lands on Durbetta. It's foul.
Take your homer glasses off.

But yes refs generally let that slide and we have ZERO tears for Durbetta.

R. DeMurre
11-01-2023, 10:05 AM
Reggie Miller is literally saying "they might want to call a time out to advance it" as the Spurs get the steal. Vogel & the Suns can complain all they want, but they played the situation like the game was already over, and have nobody to blame but themselves. I'm actually a Durant fan, but him not blocking out or even noticing Wemby on that putback was a crucial mistake... if the situations had been reversed, people would've called it a rookie mistake.

Leetonidas
11-01-2023, 10:09 AM

Tbh that is pretty much how all game threads go regardless of era. I'm sure many people here still remember T Park melting down against the Pistons in 2005 and quitting on the team :lol that is nothing new here

Brazil
11-01-2023, 10:28 AM
Suns did that to themselves... being outscored 33-19 in the fourth :lol

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 10:32 AM
Spurs fouled when Tre hit KD in the face, although it was only his finger and not that obvious depending on the angle. If you have watched the NBA long enough you know that the refs don't call light fouls at the end of the game to let the players decide it.

sfernald
11-01-2023, 10:34 AM
So I started watching this game and saw it was immediately going really badly so I didn’t want to watch another blowout, so I looked up the final score and I couldn’t believe they turned it into a close game and won. So I proceeded to watch the game which was a complete blowout and I’m still not really sure how spurs won. It was like the suns just vomited up and the spurs swallowed at the end. Not very satisfying watching pop avoiding playing Wemby as much as the rest of the team is avoiding passing to him. That come from behind win was the shittiest of come from behind wins I’ve seen in a long time.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 10:37 AM
:lmao Try doing that to any one of the Golden Phaggots at the end of a game. You'll see a call.

:37 mark you can clearly see Tre had jumped up and completely lands on Durbetta. It's foul.
Take your homer glasses off.

But yes refs generally let that slide and we have ZERO tears for Durbetta.

They did it on Durant. You don't think KD is the most coddled player in the modern era? He was three feet out of bounds once and the ref, standing there, failed to even blow the whistle.

Nah bro this was a no call.

JADG79
11-01-2023, 10:41 AM
The mistake was not calling a timeout after Wemby's dunk as Reggie Miller mentioned after that play to advance the ball to half court.

What an emotional game.

tim_duncan_fan
11-01-2023, 10:45 AM
Just curious -- what were your expectations of a team going into the season who's average age doesn't even qualify for cheaper car insurance?

I expected them to be able to execute drive and kick basketball.
I expected Vic to be above the average NBA player attacking via the dribble, which he may get to this season, or maybe he won't.

When I say everyone on the team can only just barely dribble the ball, it's not much of an exaggeration, and it's a huge problem that will keep games well out of our reach more often than not. If Keldon or someone starts tenaciously attacking off the bounce with consistency, I'll feel differently. I say Keldon because I have seen flashes of it from him. He needs to lock in his confidence and keep an aggressive downhill mindset. If he doesn't, they can just keep right on losing and we'll draft a confident bouncy cross-overy guard/wing in the lottery. I am just fine either way.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 10:49 AM
They did it on Durant. You don't think KD is the most coddled player in the modern era? He was three feet out of bounds once and the ref, standing there, failed to even blow the whistle.

Nah bro this was a no call.
As a member of.....
The Golden Phaggots.

But yes Durbetta is a coddled phaggot and i was pleasantly stunned he did not get the foul called on Tre there.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 11:13 AM

Curry averages 4.3 FTA per game his career. The first season he scored 30 PPG he did it on 5.1 FTAs. The most FTs he's ever got was 6.5 which was last season, where the Dubs had no one else to help him on offense.

Durant averages 7.6 and has had multiple seasons approaching 10 FTA. Curry's career high FTA is lower than KD's average.

Not even in the same ballpark of official coddling.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 11:19 AM
^^
Great.

Now tell me the # of Curry shots that are a result of blatant screening fouls by Mouthbreather and other Golden Phaggots.
Particularly during the *Championship* run.

What sad is these 2 coddled phaggots were on the same team.
We hadn't seen rigging like that since the Kobme Shaq / Kobme MVPau eras.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 11:22 AM
Can we get a painting / still shot of the moment right after KJ ripped the ball from Durbetta?
Tre is holding Durbettas arm as if to say "Give it up Pampered One, this is over." :lol

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 11:34 AM
^^
Great.

Now tell me the # of Curry shots that are a result of blatant screening fouls by Mouthbreather and other Golden Phaggots.
Particularly during the *Championship* run.

What sad is these 2 coddled phaggots were on the same team.
We hadn't seen rigging like that since the Kobme Shaq / Kobme MVPau eras.

Oooo it took you exactly one post to backpedal.

Curry is the greatest FT shooter in the league, if the refs wanted to hand him 4 more PPG for his career on a platter they could and no one would bat an eye. You're literally talking about the greatest shooter of all-time who's won multiple MVPs is still shooting under 5 FTs per game his entire career. There's 0 chance you can argue that he gets every call with the amount of contact he takes every game. It's a non-starter.

RE: Screens, moving screens are set by every team in the league and the refs never call it, not sure what your point is that GSW does it too. None of that changes the fact that the Dubs would much rather Curry get more fouls called from contact than the refs swallow their whistle like they do for every other team in the league.

rascal
11-01-2023, 11:38 AM
You being a shit poster doesn't change because you randomly decided to roll out the random big word.

I notice Mr. Body goes into hiding when the Spurs are playing bad.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 11:42 AM
I notice Mr. Body goes into hiding when the Spurs are playing bad.

I notice you post here when you're really a Trailblazers fan.

JPB
11-01-2023, 11:49 AM
Tbh that is pretty much how all game threads go regardless of era. I'm sure many people here still remember T Park melting down against the Pistons in 2005 and quitting on the team :lol that is nothing new here

I remember that pretty active Mouse guy litterally changing teams to become an exclusive mavs fan :lol

JPB
11-01-2023, 11:52 AM
But yeah, in-game meltdowns or members clashing happen in every single fan forum. Always have, always will.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 11:55 AM
Oooo it took you exactly one post to backpedal.

Curry is the greatest FT shooter in the league, if the refs wanted to hand him 4 more PPG for his career on a platter they could and no one would bat an eye. You're literally talking about the greatest shooter of all-time who's won multiple MVPs is still shooting under 5 FTs per game his entire career. There's 0 chance you can argue that he gets every call with the amount of contact he takes every game. It's a non-starter.

RE: Screens, moving screens are set by every team in the league and the refs never call it, not sure what your point is that GSW does it too. None of that changes the fact that the Dubs would much rather Curry get more fouls called from contact than the refs swallow their whistle like they do for every other team in the league.
Not backpedaling on anything.

If you want to defend Curry *Championship* era moving screens as being equal to all other NBA teams, wow.
Maybe you can find a Warriorths board.

As to Currys pre 2015 stats, apples and oranges.

Watch some games.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 01:50 PM
Not backpedaling on anything.

If you want to defend Curry *Championship* era moving screens as being equal to all other NBA teams, wow.
Maybe you can find a Warriorths board.

As to Currys pre 2015 stats, apples and oranges.

Watch some games.

Bruh.

Your initial argument was that Curry got whistles. You literally said that.

Now your argument is the officials actually swallowed them when I pointed out that Steph shoots a historically low FTA for MVP-level players. Steph could have been sent to the line 3-4 more times per game and it wouldn't have been outside the statistical norms for his playstyle and level of skill.

Your goalposts shifted literally 180 degrees in a single post from you.

And of course this shit is only talked about because the Dubs hit their shots. Way easier to win games getting whistles and going to the line while putting your opponents in constant foul trouble like several teams got over the years. Imagine Curry if you weren't allowed to touch him like they did with Kobe/Wade/etc for the past 2 decades. And I'm not even saying the Warriors didn't get their fair share of whistles over other teams. Just the idea that they put Curry on the line for everything has no statistical merit.

rascal
11-01-2023, 02:39 PM
Many in this thread were melting down in the first half. go back and read it.

rjv
11-01-2023, 03:17 PM
Spurs fouled when Tre hit KD in the face, although it was only his finger and not that obvious depending on the angle. If you have watched the NBA long enough you know that the refs don't call light fouls at the end of the game to let the players decide it.

even KD didn't acknowledge it; he just blamed himself for not holding onto the ball.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 03:30 PM
even KD didn't acknowledge it; he just blamed himself for not holding onto the ball.

Durant has played enough high stakes games to know that call is never made. He exposed the ball, Keldon popped it, end of story.

spurraider21
11-01-2023, 03:37 PM
surprising. usually he's hyper defensive about everything

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 07:11 PM
NBA concludes Kevin Durant wasn't fouled late in San Antonio Spurs stunner over Phoenix Suns (usatoday.com) (https://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nba/suns/2023/11/01/nba-concludes-kevin-durant-wasnt-fouled-late-in-san-antonio-spurs-stunner-over-phoenix-suns/71413686007/?gnt-cfr=1)

So much attention on KJ.
I thought it was Tre who fouled him. Also did a great job distracting Durbetta which helped KJ make the pick.

Tears for Durbetta = zero.

Chinook
11-01-2023, 07:42 PM
surprising. usually he's hyper defensive about everything

KD's always struck as a real dude IRL, which is why his heel turn was shocking to a lot of folks. He was the dude who saw Westbrook piss away multiple high stakes games and never threw him under the bus. Sure, the trade request was a bad look, but I can't say it was wrong. Online KD is obviously a different story. Dude's been super weird there forever. But it's not all that shocking that he's take the high road about something that was unintentional and incidental, especially in a regular-season game.

scott
11-01-2023, 07:44 PM
:cry:cry "They fouled him, the refs didn't call it," Vogel said. "They whacked him on the arm before the ball gets ripped out of his hands. No call. In a situation like that, we try to get a quick inbounds to our 90% free-throw shooter, and we did." :cry:cry

Altho Tre did foul him.:lol Check the :37 vicinity below.

https://official.nba.com/l2m/L2MReport.html?gameId=0022300113

NBA says that Durant was not fouled

benefactor
11-02-2023, 11:27 PM
welp

barakz21
11-02-2023, 11:33 PM
Again.

baseline bum
11-02-2023, 11:37 PM
JFC that was an impressive win after Booker and Durant were red hot and clawing the Suns back to a tie game. And god damn Victor is nails in the fourth again.

timtonymanu
11-02-2023, 11:39 PM
Two wins against the supposed best team in the West

benefactor
11-02-2023, 11:41 PM
JFC that was an impressive win after Booker and Durant were red hot and clawing the Suns back to a tie game. And god damn Victor is nails in the fourth again.
Is there anything more satisfying than beating the Suns twice in a row? Maybe the Lakers tbh

benefactor
11-02-2023, 11:42 PM
Ill never forget being at the elimination game in 07. So satisfying

Robz4000
11-02-2023, 11:42 PM
https://media.tenor.com/NN89l8Ln8iIAAAAC/randy-marsh-south-park.gif

MultiTroll
11-02-2023, 11:43 PM
You can see Durbettas game has dropped a notch.
He still hits some very tough, basically unguardable shots.

But he aint Wama.

timtonymanu
11-02-2023, 11:44 PM
Ill never forget being at the elimination game in 07. So satisfying

I love how suns fans still bitch about 07 like they didn’t blow a finals lead in 2021. :lmao

benefactor
11-02-2023, 11:48 PM
I love how suns fans still bitch about 07 like they didn’t blow a finals lead in 2021. :lmao
Those fucking faggots in Suns jerseys got all the shit talk from me. We chanted loud and proud "bring on Utah"

tim_duncan_fan
11-02-2023, 11:49 PM
Is there anything more satisfying than beating the Suns twice in a row? Maybe the Lakers tbh

Let's be honest, it would have felt better somehow if Dantoni was on the sideline

benefactor
11-02-2023, 11:50 PM
Let's be honest, it would have felt better somehow if Dantoni was on the sideline
With that confused fucking look on his face lmao

Obstructed_View
11-02-2023, 11:53 PM
With that confused fucking look on his face lmao
"Come on, guys. Let's go."

timtonymanu
11-02-2023, 11:59 PM
I love playing Pringles in the playoffs because it means the Spurs would beat his team every time if they faced them.

RC_Drunkford
11-03-2023, 12:17 AM
where are those idiots who said Pop is tanking this season? :lmao I need to keep receipts

JPB
11-03-2023, 12:29 AM

Yeah Durant and Booker got their points on a combined 20/34... Beal is still injured but the rest of their roster is very meh. That Watanabe guy looks like a japanese fan disguised as an NBA player who sneaked his way on suns bench.

RC_Drunkford
11-03-2023, 12:34 AM
Yeah Durant and Booker got their points on a combined 20/34... Beal is still injured but the rest of their roster is very meh. That Watanabe guy looks like a japanese fan disguised as an NBA player who sneaked his way on suns bench.

Maybe he's Kevin Tran

pad300
11-03-2023, 09:52 AM

Dude, Denver says hi...

timtonymanu
11-03-2023, 02:42 PM
Dude, Denver says hi...

I’m talking about all the analysts that picked Phoenix as the favorite. The only reason they left off Denver was because they lost Bruce Brown. Phoenix looks really average though.

spurraider21
11-03-2023, 03:06 PM
and sarver in a chicken suit

exstatic
11-03-2023, 03:34 PM
I’m talking about all the analysts that picked Phoenix as the favorite. The only reason they left off Denver was because they lost Bruce Brown. Phoenix looks really average though.

Their owner is a rookie who thinks if they aggregate enough scorers, they'll win it all.

benefactor
11-03-2023, 05:39 PM
How did this even happen? I feel like Scarlett Johansson and Salma Hayek just asked me to have a threesome with them

spurs10
11-03-2023, 08:19 PM
How did this even happen? I feel like Scarlett Johansson and Salma Hayek just asked me to have a threesome with them

:lol Yeah it's crazy how this went down...and then to see it's real. Good analogy.

Fizziksman
11-05-2023, 11:58 AM
:lobt2::flag::bobo