PDA

View Full Version : Something's up with Sohan

Kawhi Duncan
10-31-2023, 11:43 PM
Dude just always seems pissy... He almost never celebrates big plays from teammates..
He didn't embrace any teammates in the win... Even Wemby kinda walked past him to greet other teammates as if he knows he wouldn't greet him back

Russo21
10-31-2023, 11:49 PM
Agree with that take. He seems like a bad egg. I hope they offload him sooner rather than later somehow

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 12:01 AM
Dude didnt even look happy walking off the court after the win. Seems like he‘s not having fun out there being the PG

mikec
11-01-2023, 12:02 AM
Yea I saw that too. Walked right past Wemby.

cd98
11-01-2023, 12:02 AM
Nonsense. Sochan and Wemby have been friends since they were young teenagers.

spursparker9
11-01-2023, 12:04 AM
Hope Pop didn't already ruined Sochan with his mad experiment

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 12:06 AM
Why does this board suck so much.

thiste
11-01-2023, 12:06 AM
Nonsense. Sochan and Wemby have been friends since they were young teenagers.

You haven't heard the stories right mate.

8FOR!3
11-01-2023, 12:09 AM
I agree his body language is off but I also think ya'll are overthinking it. It could be a MILLION things. Bad day, maybe he's frustrated with some things he did wrong, maybe he's just focused and in the zone.

Spurs Homer
11-01-2023, 12:13 AM
Something is up with sochan defending kd

it was pretty darn good d

EricB
11-01-2023, 12:14 AM
does everyone here just snort bath salts laced with draino?

thiste
11-01-2023, 12:16 AM
Maybe he was frustrated being on the bench during money time?

Chinook
11-01-2023, 12:21 AM
I'm really wondering about what some people are expecting nowadays. The Spurs think they're a decent team and got drubbed in such a way that most of them didn't look like they belonged in the league. Of course they were tense, and as this game looked like it was going the same way, they got even more tense. I'm sure it's not lost on Sochan how much better Tre is at his job than Jeremy is. I'm sure it bothers him that he's not playing well. I haven't actually seen anything to suggest Wemby and Sochan are on the outs. If they are, it could be personal shit (we are talking about college-aged folks -- there could easily be drama there), but Sochan's always struck me as a good teammate.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 12:25 AM
Saw them high five at some point during the game.
I only watched 1st and 4th qtrs.

Fixable, but ya Sohan looks broody a fair amount.
Not having good games certainly a contributor.

SpurSpike
11-01-2023, 12:26 AM
Haven't seen any Spurs colors in that hair in a while now it seems... :fishing:dramaquee

timtonymanu
11-01-2023, 12:28 AM
Here we go again with the armchair psychologists. :lol

Sochan is the one struggling so you all come up with your retarded theories. Just like how Tony apparently didn’t like sharing the ball with Manu. :lol

tim_duncan_fan
11-01-2023, 12:32 AM
Here we go again with the armchair psychologists. :lol

Sochan is the one struggling so you all come up with your retarded theories. Just like how Tony apparently didn’t like sharing the ball with Manu. :lol

Tony did like to Hero Ball.

Wasnt a good teammate to Brent Barry, reportedly.

heyheymymy
11-01-2023, 12:40 AM
He is struggling with adjusting to a tall ask from the coaching staff that has him low confidence

I'd actually be pissed if he was goofing around and jolly right now tbh considering

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 12:41 AM
Dude played 30 minutes, maybe didn't shoot great at 3-8 but that's not horrendous, had 7 rebounds, 5 assists against 0 turnovers, was in foul trouble.

The fuck are people talking about a bad game? Yeah he had trouble with Durant but it's Durant.

emanueldavidginobili
11-01-2023, 12:42 AM

Wemby brushes right by Sochan like he’s a nobody and embraces Devin. Kind of nutty.

timtonymanu
11-01-2023, 12:43 AM
Did that to Keldon too. :lol it’s retarded how much you guys read into this crap

Chinook
11-01-2023, 12:44 AM
Did that to Keldon too. :lol it’s retarded how much you guys read into this crap

It's player-fan shit. Like a sadder version of the CoM and CoP battles in the beforetime.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 12:44 AM

Spurs fans can't help themselves. They used to fight about whether Manu or Parker sucked more.

heyheymymy
11-01-2023, 12:47 AM
winning cures everything

let these guys get some chemistry together and see if the vibe doesn't spark once the team gets a rhythm

TekXX
11-01-2023, 12:58 AM
Y'all are overthinking it. If Sochan doesn't like playing point guard he best figure something out because Pop doesn't admit mistakes easily and he won't be adjusting it until it hits rock bottom

heyheymymy
11-01-2023, 01:07 AM
I actually kinda like what I've seen in a general sense. And even if the experiment fails, he goes back to the natural position plausibly with some kind of enhanced development he wouldn't have honed without the PG test run.

He has a lot of stuff to work on and some things to clean up like better shot selection, TOs, passing vision/playmaking needs to improve. I love that he is stepping up to the challenge and from what I saw last season I think he is a quick learner and hope that applies here somewhat.

Arcadian
11-01-2023, 03:34 AM
I think he's just super chill. He's what we call "flat affect" - doesn't have noticeable highs and lows, but a steady baseline state of emotion. And if what they say is true about NBA players, he might be high on weed all the time too.

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 05:05 AM
Happened another game too... Wemby had a big dunk and he didn't react at all... Hopefully it's nothing, but there's definitely smoke... You don't go from being one of the more expressive players on the team to not reacting for no apparent reason

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 05:06 AM
I think he's just super chill. He's what we call "flat affect" - doesn't have noticeable highs and lows, but a steady baseline state of emotion. And if what they say is true about NBA players, he might be high on weed all the time too.

But he isn't tho... Dude has been here over a year... We know how he usually acts on the court

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 05:35 AM
I mean, he literally slapped hands with Wemby right after KJ's steal and finish, but y’all do yourselves.

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 05:38 AM
I mean, he literally slapped hands with Wemby right after KJ's steal and finish, but y’all do yourselves.

So u think he is acting completely normally and everyone pointing it out, down to reporters are seeing things?

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 05:41 AM
So u think he is acting completely normally and everyone pointing it out, down to reporters are seeing things?

Do I think this board is psychotic and completely incapable of enjoying a scrappy, astounding win? Yes. Do I think at this point it's clinical? Yes.

cutewizard
11-01-2023, 06:00 AM
winning cures everything

let these guys get some chemistry together and see if the vibe doesn't spark once the team gets a rhythm

----------------------------------------------------

agree

playbonner15
11-01-2023, 06:04 AM
He doesnt usually celebrate with emotion. Nothing to be worried about

mystargtr34
11-01-2023, 06:25 AM
He was never an overly emotive guy on the court but he does look like he’s a bit flat out there.

Raven
11-01-2023, 06:37 AM
Dude played 30 minutes, maybe didn't shoot great at 3-8 but that's not horrendous, had 7 rebounds, 5 assists against 0 turnovers, was in foul trouble.

The fuck are people talking about a bad game? Yeah he had trouble with Durant but it's Durant.

yeah i'm not sure... i thought he did well enough

dbestpro
11-01-2023, 06:40 AM
His body language and behavior is different. If you cannot see that then you have your eyes closed. If you think it needs a psychologist to see that then maybe you need to fire your psychologist and open your eyes to the real world.

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 07:15 AM

Wemby brushes right by Sochan like he’s a nobody and embraces Devin. Kind of nutty.

after rewatching Sochan did dap up everybody though. Victor and him also high fived each other after his putback. Not much going on I think except Sochan being a little frustrated which is logical when he plays a position that's not suited for him

mookie2001
11-01-2023, 08:19 AM
Could he be a lizard person?

Kawhi Duncan
11-01-2023, 08:20 AM
after rewatching Sochan did dap up everybody though. Victor and him also high fived each other after his putback. Not much going on I think except Sochan being a little frustrated which is logical when he plays a position that's not suited for him

There's many times a teammate would begrudgingly dap a teammate because that's just what sports culture says you should do... But there's different levels of engagement... U can tell when someone is into a greeting, or when they're just going through the motions... Sohan seemed to be going through the motions with everything this year... He doesn't celebrate with everyone on the bench, and he gives half-hearted high 5s... Especially when it pertains to Wemby...

Big Empty
11-01-2023, 08:23 AM
Is he an only child? Could be that syndrom

poopbox
11-01-2023, 08:34 AM
Probably nothing...and even if it is then who cares...you ship Sochan out. It's not like he the reigning mvp or something.

Leetonidas
11-01-2023, 08:37 AM
While it's probably nothing and the board is overreacting...I will say that posters here are not the only ones to notice this. Lot of neutral fans on realgm also pointed out how there appears to be some kind of tension with Sochan. Whether it's related to Wemby or something else entirely benign, who knows. But his disposition has definitely been noticable

John B
11-01-2023, 08:45 AM
Sochan is fine. He was struggling. Did anybody expect him to be happy? I think he is focused and will not celebrate until he can see his plays much improved. I like that. It reminds me of the late Kobe at Jimmy Kimmel show unimpressed with his teammates celebrating on a win over Boston after three weeks of losing. Sochan is remained focused, much like Timmy was. Nothing to see there.

JPB
11-01-2023, 08:49 AM
While it's probably nothing and the board is overreacting...I will say that posters here are not the only ones to notice this. Lot of neutral fans on realgm also pointed out how there appears to be some kind of tension with Sochan. Whether it's related to Wemby or something else entirely benign, who knows. But his disposition has definitely been noticable

Sochan clearly looks like he's not haivng fun, like he's not personally and emotionally involved ... I believe he's sending Pop a message that he's not having that PG experimentation. Nobody does actually, that's not working. it's really striking on his body language at the very end of the game, on the last few possessions...

boutons_deux
11-01-2023, 08:56 AM
Dude didnt even look happy walking off the court after the win. Seems like he‘s not having fun out there being the PG

By now, everybody must have seen that he simply does not show much, any? emotion one way or the other.

Even when getting pissy with an opponent, he's stonefaced

Although not interacting or celebrating with teammates is disconcerting

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 09:18 AM

Nah, there are some of the worst Spurs fans on realgm. It's all driven by those ninnies. That Phreak guy in particular is one of the stupidest most pointless people I've seen around. I'm sure he's here by another name, too.

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 09:20 AM
Sochan is an asshole on the court. He has a swagger and has never shown a ton of emotion beyond getting into people's grills. Then he's the chillest dude off the court.

Y'all need to go back to the Kardashians and Real Housewives.

couchman
11-01-2023, 09:41 AM
Sochan and Wemby high fived at least three times during the game and I wasnt even counting because this is dumb.
Wemby has shown an appreciation for Vassell in these moments and it’s no surprise that he went straight to him again last night. He likes Vassell and they celebrate in similar ways. Sochan is kind of a jerk and weird and that’s not new, but his teammates seem to like him. He usually points that shit at opponents

R. DeMurre
11-01-2023, 09:55 AM
If we're using Draymond Green as a loose comp for Sochan, it's plain to see that Jeremy is ahead of the curve in terms of development. Draymond put up 2.2/3.9/0.7 as a 22 year old rookie and then 6.2/5.0/1.9 as a 23 year old before really bursting on to the scene as a do-it-all glue guy at age 24, on a team that jumped from 51 wins to 67 wins for the season. Sochan's at 8.8/6/4.3 right now at age 20. He'll turn 24 in 2027. Patience.

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 10:28 AM
If we're using Draymond Green as a loose comp for Sochan, it's plain to see that Jeremy is ahead of the curve in terms of development. Draymond put up 2.2/3.9/0.7 as a 22 year old rookie and then 6.2/5.0/1.9 as a 23 year old before really bursting on to the scene as a do-it-all glue guy at age 24, on a team that jumped from 51 wins to 67 wins for the season. Sochan's at 8.8/6/4.3 right now at age 20. He'll turn 24 in 2027. Patience.

Judging a player by his 2nd year is stupid. The 3rd and 5th are usually where the major leaps happen. People here are just too impatient

sfernald
11-01-2023, 10:44 AM
It’s obvious he is an NPC and there’s not enough processing power in this universe to give him too much personality. The hair color is a rendering short cut.

The Truth #6
11-01-2023, 11:11 AM
Wow. People are more miserable after we get Victor.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-01-2023, 11:22 AM
I like how people want to create drama amongst the players. For years you'd hear in here that Parker and Manu don't like each other, and after the fact you see they're best friends.

Everyone handles their business differently in a game. Even affable guys like Barkley were much different as players. Can't judge anything by interactions on the court.

duncan2150
11-01-2023, 12:00 PM
Im sorry but that's a bullshit thread, they are flourishing in spurstalk these days....

https://twitter.com/JeremySochan/status/1719757285029765544

scott
11-01-2023, 06:30 PM
Need a Sochan/Wemby Hug Stat going forward

Gagnrath
11-01-2023, 07:04 PM
Tony did like to Hero Ball.

Wasnt a good teammate to Brent Barry, reportedly.

Or a great teammate depending on how you look at it, happy wife happy life....

Spurs Homer
11-01-2023, 07:42 PM
Of course Sochan is bothered...there are needless ongoing wars and other catastrophe's all over the planet!

Obstructed_View
11-01-2023, 09:29 PM
Two days before there was supposedly something wrong with Keldon. :rolleyes

ambchang
11-01-2023, 09:35 PM
Victor has to start French kissing every teammate every game from now on to appease these shit stirrers and then it would be issues in the locker room because of love triangles, or tetrahedrons.

Obstructed_View
11-01-2023, 09:37 PM
Spursfan is like Lakerfan in that he isn't happy unless he picks a player on his own team to blame for everything and constantly tear down.

JPB
11-01-2023, 09:57 PM
No matter if Wemby in a not so subtle way says in press conference that he's not properly fed and if litterally the entire Internet BB fandom wonders what's going on with Sochan...

It's just Spurstalk.

thiste
11-01-2023, 10:03 PM
Maybe he didn't like Wemby stealing his alley hoop the other night? :lol

FuzzyLumpkins
11-01-2023, 10:06 PM
It's like TMZ by ducks up in here.

thiste
11-02-2023, 01:30 PM
As you can see in this promo picture, Wemby is clearly isolated from the rest of the team.

https://i.imgur.com/SI4Yu55.jpg

scott
11-02-2023, 03:41 PM
As you can see in this promo picture, Wemby is clearly isolated from the rest of the team.

https://i.imgur.com/SI4Yu55.jpg

Jeremy looks high as a kite in this photo lol

RC_Drunkford
11-02-2023, 06:01 PM
another evidence that Sochan doesn't like Wemby. He painted a Pinocchio nose on him which means he thinks Wemby is a liar

https://preview.redd.it/sochibear-is-so-funny-lol-v0-1p1r4q8l10yb1.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&7e9fee2a

https://preview.redd.it/sochibear-is-so-funny-lol-v0-1p1r4q8l10yb1.jpg?width=1080&crop=smart&auto=webp&7e9fee2a
https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/17mdr7l/sochibear_is_so_funny_lol/

timtonymanu
11-02-2023, 06:08 PM
“See how Sochan is sitting with his arms crossed, he clearly hates Wemby. Trade him now!”

Spurs9
11-02-2023, 11:45 PM
Bad take by the OP, I think you are misreading Sohan. He has a pretty unique personality, hes a pretty chill dude , hes definitely not disinterested or pissy. Follow him a little bit on IG, he posts pretty frequently .

RC_Drunkford
11-03-2023, 12:22 AM
man Sochan really must hate Wemby, when he sat right next to him on the bench :lol

z0sa
11-03-2023, 12:24 AM
Confirmed hard drug users on the forum.

SupremeGuy
11-03-2023, 01:02 AM
Post game interview made him seem salty as fuck when asked about Wemby tbh.

timtonymanu
11-03-2023, 01:36 AM
“We’re not amazed anymore by what he can do. We know how great he is now.” Sure that sounds salty.

:lol as usual you losers are overanalyzing everything.

Sochan is probably in the lockerroom shooting the shit with Wemby while you fat civilians are pretending to be psychologists and twisting Sochan’s words to what you want it to be like. Just because he isn’t a butt buddy like Lebron and his friends are with Wemby doesn’t mean he doesn’t respect his greatness.

Kawhi Duncan
11-03-2023, 01:41 AM
Post game interview made him seem salty as fuck when asked about Wemby tbh.

Ppl gonna discredit me because we're all happy and we won... But anyone who watched Sohan for the past year could tell he was moving differently recently... And he seemed excited and "himself" when they asked him about Zach Collins, but serious, and slightly annoyed when they asked about Wemby

MI21
11-03-2023, 02:37 AM
another evidence that Sochan doesn't like Wemby. He painted a Pinocchio nose on him which means he thinks Wemby is a liar

https://www.reddit.com/r/NBASpurs/comments/17mdr7l/sochibear_is_so_funny_lol/

There are people on this planet called him Sochibear? I've never visited a Spurs reddit page before and now I definitely won't.

SupremeGuy
11-03-2023, 03:39 AM
“We’re not amazed anymore by what he can do. We know how great he is now.” Sure that sounds salty.

:lol as usual you losers are overanalyzing everything.

Sochan is probably in the lockerroom shooting the shit with Wemby while you fat civilians are pretending to be psychologists and twisting Sochan’s words to what you want it to be like. Just because he isn’t a butt buddy like Lebron and his friends are with Wemby doesn’t mean he doesn’t respect his greatness."Wemby was amazing." Not that fucking hard to say tbh.

SupremeGuy
11-03-2023, 03:41 AM
Ppl gonna discredit me because we're all happy and we won... But anyone who watched Sohan for the past year could tell he was moving differently recently... And he seemed excited and "himself" when they asked him about Zach Collins, but serious, and slightly annoyed when they asked about WembyExactly. When he mentioned doing what's best for himself, but in a moment of clarity realized how douche he sounded, brought it back around to saying what's best for the team. Ehhh hopefully I'm wrong.

Gervin44Silas13
11-03-2023, 06:13 AM
I saw that even in the huddle he looked like Dennis Rodman not giving 2 shits...then again who knows.

BackHome
11-03-2023, 05:00 PM
Winning suddenly solves all problems..lol

spurraider21
11-03-2023, 05:04 PM
burrito supreme guy still crying about this?

John B
11-04-2023, 05:54 AM
Sochan coming to Tre’s rescue when Booker was abusing him. You know what Sochan is made up of. Sochan like Wemby will just gonna get stronger and better. Pop patting him in the neck as calming him as if saying, “careful of those fouls, I need you out there kid.” He is listening to his coach and will move mountains for Pop.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2023, 07:32 AM
Jeremy probably found this place and realizes how many Spurs fans are actively rooting for his failure.

Mr. Body
11-04-2023, 07:56 AM
There seems to be this idea that Sochan is a finished product when he's only just 20 years old and his birthday isn't until May.

On defense, he's jumpy and overshoots his man, maybe too active and undisciplined, right now probably a better help defender than a man defender, but he's fast and large and knows how to use his length and speed to cause problems.

On offense, he doesn't always see or execute opportunities, in college his story was that he'd see passes but not always place them, his personal bag is pretty limited, like he'll keep going to the same turnarounds, etc.

Both those things are going to improve tremendously. I don't think he'll be the 'strong' type of defender Draymond is, but I can see something similar, a canny defender who is patient and as much about placement and anticipation as anything. Those are things you have to learn. On offense, same thing, Sochan will learn how to be patient and read how the floor is developing. He's a smart guy; this is all going to come.

barakz21
11-04-2023, 07:59 AM
Sochan coming to Tre’s rescue when Booker was abusing him. You know what Sochan is made up of. Sochan like Wemby will just gonna get stronger and better. Pop patting him in the neck as calming him as if saying, “careful of those fouls, I need you out there kid.” He is listening to his coach and will move mountains for Pop.

GrandpaPop is a weird yet beautiful sight to behold. When has he ever done that to young TP? Lol but yeah that was a nice.

Trill Clinton
11-04-2023, 08:07 AM
So what was up with Sochan?

couchman
11-04-2023, 09:17 AM
9 assist is whats up
Including several nice ones to Wemby
And a critical block on Booker in crunch time

John B
11-04-2023, 09:19 AM
GrandpaPop is a weird yet beautiful sight to behold. When has he ever done that to young TP? Lol but yeah that was a nice.

Yeah that would be like, “what dumb f@ck are you doing?! Come here!” :lol Good old days.

Obstructed_View
11-04-2023, 03:26 PM
9 assist is whats up
Including several nice ones to Wemby
And a critical block on Booker in crunch time
That block was really nice. He took it away at the same time.

Bruno
11-04-2023, 04:28 PM
Spurs with Sochan at PG: -66 in 107 minutes.
Spurs with Tre at PG: +47 in 130 minutes.

Sochan isn't stupid. He knows that he is struggling and hurting the team when he is playing PG. He is also quite heavily criticized on social medias. I'm sure Pop has told him not to worry about all that, and that these short term issues are expected and logical, but it's still an uncomfortable situation to be for Sochan.

Tyronn Lue
11-04-2023, 04:44 PM
I'm really wondering about what some people are expecting nowadays. The Spurs think they're a decent team and got drubbed in such a way that most of them didn't look like they belonged in the league. Of course they were tense, and as this game looked like it was going the same way, they got even more tense. I'm sure it's not lost on Sochan how much better Tre is at his job than Jeremy is. I'm sure it bothers him that he's not playing well. I haven't actually seen anything to suggest Wemby and Sochan are on the outs. If they are, it could be personal shit (we are talking about college-aged folks -- there could easily be drama there), but Sochan's always struck me as a good teammate.
I think some here expect this from a new squad:

https://media2.sacurrent.com/sacurrent/imager/spurs-manu-ginobili-inspires-frogging-meme/u/original/2261771/spurs-froggingjpg

RC_Drunkford
11-04-2023, 04:46 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04vCzhzpac

Tyronn Lue
11-04-2023, 04:46 PM
I feel like Pop is only really hard on players he plans on keeping.

Mr. Body
11-04-2023, 05:27 PM
Listen, I've been a fan of Tre since he was picked even when you dorks were saying he was the worst player ever.

I've been a big booster of Sochan since he was drafted. He was my guy.

Jones has been playing point guard since he was probably in junior high. Sochan has been playing point guard for five games and a preseason. The time to get him these reps isn't when they're a playoff team. It's now.

CorrectCrusader
11-04-2023, 06:50 PM
Jeremy probably found this place and realizes how many Spurs fans are actively rooting for his failure.

It annoys me how many sports fans I see hate on their own players like damn he's twenty!

Obstructed_View
11-04-2023, 08:01 PM
I feel like Pop is only really hard on players he plans on keeping.
Who has Pop treated harshly in the last year? Parker inherited a championship team. The expectations are completely different now.

ambchang
11-04-2023, 08:35 PM
Put it out right now. Sochan is my favourite player on the team. I love the team, I like wemby, I like Vassell, KJ, tre, I’m rooting hard for champagnie, mamu, Blake and malaki, I want collins to succeed and I want everyone on the spurs to do well, but sochan has that special sauce in him the way he plays. Maybe tone down the trolling stuff a midge. The way he reads the floor is great for a young player on both o and d. The way he smartly uses his length, speed and strength based on his match up and exploit it to his advantage was fun to watch.

I would be crushed if he ever got traded. Just a fun player to watch.

LakerHater
11-05-2023, 03:41 AM
https://i.ibb.co/s3mMtky/Wemby-Sochan.gif

The Truth #6
11-05-2023, 08:35 AM
https://i.ibb.co/s3mMtky/Wemby-Sochan.gif

As a board-certified armchair psychologist, I have analyzed this short video and have come to some very troubling conclusions .

If we first first focus on when he quickly moves by Keldon Johnson, his lack of eye contact and general disregard seems to imply that he's saying something to the effect of: you're going to be on the bench unit soon, if not traded, and I shouldn't even worry about celebrating with you right now in this instance because you're not very high on my priorities. But his posture also suggests to say: I liked how you hustled in the fourth quarter, especially that one play when we got switched.

If we analyze how he very briefly bumps shoulders with Jeremy, the obvious conclusion is that his body language is saying: I'll give you the minimal recognition because I want to be cool with you cuz I need you to pass me the ball, but in fact I need you to pass me the ball a lot more than you are already, so it's a troubling stance at best, suggesting obvious displeasure and deep seated frustration, possibly even anger towards his shooting form and/or defensive stance technique.

Next, he bumps chests with Devin and gives him the most attention, suggesting that you are the second banana, you can briefly celebrate in this touching of our anterior planes with me. But if we analyze it further it gets more troubling. Analyzing his eyes, he seems to be looking in the direction of west. Unfortunately, Los Angeles is west so it implies that he's already looking to become a Laker.

Final assessment: it was fun while it lasted but we need to trade Wemby asap and start the rebuild over again. We had a good run with Wemby. It was a great five games. But the body language strongly suggests permanent problems that could never be fixed.

couchman
11-05-2023, 08:46 AM
:bobo
^ Best post in this thread ^

John B
11-05-2023, 09:27 AM
:ban:

Spurs Homer
11-05-2023, 09:50 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z04vCzhzpac

(blue font: looks like sochans REAL issue is with Zack - as he called him - MF- in this video)

Fizziksman
11-05-2023, 11:37 AM
lol fucking pseudo body language interpreters

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2023, 02:22 PM
But if we analyze it further it gets more troubling. Analyzing his eyes, he seems to be looking in the direction of west. Unfortunately, Los Angeles is west so it implies that he's already looking to become a Laker.

this shit had me rolling :lmao

Kawhi Duncan
11-05-2023, 04:27 PM
Wemby had a snatch block and literally only ONE person on the bench acknowledged it... Zero reaction... Something's up, and other ppl who aren't familiar with the Spurs are noticing how his teammates hardly react to his highlights

Mr. Body
11-05-2023, 05:03 PM
Wemby had a snatch block and literally only ONE person on the bench acknowledged it... Zero reaction... Something's up, and other ppl who aren't familiar with the Spurs are noticing how his teammates hardly react to his highlights

At this rate Wemby is going to be playing by himself because they all hate him.

Tyronn Lue
11-05-2023, 05:16 PM
Who has Pop treated harshly in the last year? Parker inherited a championship team. The expectations are completely different now.
This could easily support what I said. Other than Wemby and Vassell, who is safe?

Tyronn Lue
11-05-2023, 05:18 PM
Because they aren't highlights, just as Kawhi stealing the ball up top isn't a highlight anymore. It's just their normal mode of play. They see it all day every day, and maybe they get tired of talking about it since they too are professional players.

timtonymanu
11-05-2023, 06:10 PM
OP is a faggot.

TD 21
11-05-2023, 06:20 PM
I'll tell you what that "something" is: He sucks. Spare me the usual excuses. He has no standout skill and isn't even a jack of all trades/master of none type.

Overrated defender/overall IQ, terrible rebounder, shooter, finisher.

KingKev
11-05-2023, 06:28 PM
Sochan needs to be put in a position to succeed and it is probably on the bench as a 3/4.

Kawhi Duncan
11-05-2023, 06:54 PM
Because they aren't highlights, just as Kawhi stealing the ball up top isn't a highlight anymore. It's just their normal mode of play. They see it all day every day, and maybe they get tired of talking about it since they too are professional players.

They get posted on highlight pages and fans of other teams notice his teammates' vibe towards him

Kawhi Duncan
11-05-2023, 06:56 PM
I'll tell you what that "something" is: He sucks. Spare me the usual excuses. He has no standout skill and isn't even a jack of all trades/master of none type.

Agree tbh... Him playing out of position makes it even worse, because it's not like he uses his height vs opposing PGs

weebo
11-05-2023, 07:07 PM
sochan is a back up sf/pf type

RC_Drunkford
11-05-2023, 07:11 PM
the only thing that's up with him is that he's missing lay ups and his turnaround jumper is short. Sochan is at his best playing out of the right corner/right block as an offball player. The PG role doesn't play into his strengths at all, besides also having to play with 2 bigs.

JeffDuncan
11-05-2023, 07:26 PM
sochan is a back up sf/pf type

Sochan doesn’t shoot well enough to be a backup SF. He’s strictly a PF, until and unless he can improve his ability to shoot (including layups.)

As a PF, he needs to work hard on scoring close to the basket, on rebounding, and on his defense against opposing bigs. Sochan could wash out of the league if he doesn’t improve where he needs to, and the stupid nonsense of pretending he’s a point guard isn’t doing him much good.

rascal
11-05-2023, 07:29 PM
Sochan needs to be put in a position to succeed and it is probably on the bench as a 3/4.

Many on this site told me he was so much better than Sharpe.

spurs10
11-05-2023, 07:41 PM
Needs to be able to make a lay-up. I haven't looked at his boxscore today, but he couldn't put the ball in the ocean.

spurs10
11-05-2023, 07:42 PM
I like the guy and wish him success, but put today's loss on he and Tre.

JeffDuncan
11-05-2023, 07:46 PM
Needs to be able to make a lay-up. I haven't looked at his boxscore today, but he couldn't put the ball in the ocean.

Sochan was 2/8 overall, and he did not make a shot in the second half or in overtime.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
11-05-2023, 09:53 PM
This the ***Official*** pussy party thread?

Jay.From.NbTx
11-06-2023, 12:04 AM

This

rascal
11-06-2023, 12:13 AM
Sochan doesn’t shoot well enough to be a backup SF. He’s strictly a PF, until and unless he can improve his ability to shoot (including layups.)

As a PF, he needs to work hard on scoring close to the basket, on rebounding, and on his defense against opposing bigs. Sochan could wash out of the league if he doesn’t improve where he needs to, and the stupid nonsense of pretending he’s a point guard isn’t doing him much good.

Agree, you need to bury shots as a SF. He doesn't move fluid enough to be a SF.

Lacks Explosiveness to the rim/Quickness/Athleticism overall as compared to the good SF in the league.

Russo21
11-06-2023, 11:11 AM
Mr triple single is just not a very good basketball player, especially not a PG. He has no handles, no shot, is an average passer with poor court vision, his defence is wildly overrated and he lacks athleticism, speed and explosiveness. All while not looking for his 7'4" unicorn team mate who can do it all and seemingly alienating the Alien. We've seen this story with Pop before with Keith Bogans and those sort. Hopefully he can be moved to another team, I dont care what for.

PS Does anyone think he's a stoner? Smokes a little too much weed?

RC_Drunkford
11-06-2023, 11:18 AM
people are overreacting about Sochan. It's his 2nd season and he's playing out of position. There's no proper evaluation of his ceiling possible at this point

Kevin
11-06-2023, 11:30 AM
If Sochan continues to sputter on offense he's a point forward role player like Boris Diaw. In hindsight Duren or Williams might been better picks.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-06-2023, 12:31 PM
Mr triple single is just not a very good basketball player, especially not a PG. He has no handles, no shot, is an average passer with poor court vision, his defence is wildly overrated and he lacks athleticism, speed and explosiveness. All while not looking for his 7'4" unicorn team mate who can do it all and seemingly alienating the Alien. We've seen this story with Pop before with Keith Bogans and those sort. Hopefully he can be moved to another team, I dont care what for.

just because you post it ten times, it won't become true

rjv
11-06-2023, 12:34 PM
people are overreacting about Sochan. It's his 2nd season and he's playing out of position. There's no proper evaluation of his ceiling possible at this point

agreed-and that just seems so out of character for the otherwise poised and patient forum that is ST.

rascal
11-06-2023, 12:37 PM

If he isn't any good because he's playing out of position then he needs to be traded as Wemby has his position now.

lebomb
11-06-2023, 12:45 PM
If Sochan continues to sputter on offense he's a point forward role player like Boris Diaw. In hindsight Duren or Williams might been better picks.

I tried to tell you Fgats ......... but most around here were down on Duren. :bang

Duren is 19yrs old........ 14.5 pts, 11.5 rebounds, shooting 66% from the field. He will only get better also. :claw

The Truth #6
11-06-2023, 12:55 PM
If he isn't any good because he's playing out of position then he needs to be traded as Wemby has his position now.

Exactly! Sell low while we still have a chance.

rascal
11-06-2023, 01:01 PM
I tried to tell you Fgats ......... but most around here were down on Duren. :bang

Duren is 19yrs old........ 14.5 pts, 11.5 rebounds, shooting 66% from the field. He will only get better also. :claw

I liked Duren over Sochan. There were a few in here who wanted Duren.

Spurs should have targeted him with a couple of their draft picks and had Sochan too but they should have drafted him outright at 9 if they couldn't land that trade that Detroit pulled off. It only cost Detroit two lottery protected first round picks.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-06-2023, 01:36 PM
I liked Duren over Sochan. There were a few in here who wanted Duren.

Spurs should have targeted him with a couple of their draft picks and had Sochan too but they should have drafted him outright at 9 if they couldn't land that trade that Detroit pulled off. It only cost Detroit two lottery protected first round picks.
why didn’t patfo take their opinion into account? ��

spurraider21
11-06-2023, 01:45 PM
why didn’t patfo take their opinion into account? ��
if that why you think people post here? to influence patfo's decisions?

timtonymanu
11-06-2023, 05:39 PM

No but I think you’re a faggot

Atl Spur
11-06-2023, 05:52 PM
Another thread created that won’t age well! JS is a young player being asked to expand his game exponentially.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-06-2023, 06:00 PM
PG takes a long time to learn. When Tony was coming up the offense was sporadic and it would bog down quite often. It culminated in Speedy fucking Claxton saving the day. The same mouth breathers were around telling us how TP9 sucked and how we needed to trade for Jason Kidd.

Sochan's best trait is his defense and ability to switch. He can be useful in that role at any spot. I am having a lot of fun watching him try new things. Dude is absolutely fearless.

Dex
11-06-2023, 07:03 PM

I feel like we had another player like that...Was that Jim Dunan?

Not saying Sochan should be compared to Timmy by any means, but I also wouldn't put too much stock in the "emotion" guys show on the court. He may just not be one of those guys to get excited and high five and jump on each other. If he is unhappy, it will come out over time...but just because he isn't yelling or screaming like Keldon or hugging Wemby doesn't mean he is upset.

I know when I am doing anything particularly athletic, I am very quiet and reserved and people probably think I'm mad, but I'm just focused and trying to stay in a zone.

Pauleta14
11-07-2023, 12:57 AM
Pop did compare Sochan to Manu tho...

Kawhi Duncan
11-07-2023, 03:24 AM
I feel like we had another player like that...Was that Jim Dunan?

Not saying Sochan should be compared to Timmy by any means, but I also wouldn't put too much stock in the "emotion" guys show on the court. He may just not be one of those guys to get excited and high five and jump on each other. If he is unhappy, it will come out over time...but just because he isn't yelling or screaming like Keldon or hugging Wemby doesn't mean he is upset.

I know when I am doing anything particularly athletic, I am very quiet and reserved and people probably think I'm mad, but I'm just focused and trying to stay in a zone.

You act like we didn't have an entire year of seeing him be extroverted

spursparker9
11-07-2023, 03:44 AM

That is the first sign of senile tbh

spursparker9
11-07-2023, 03:46 AM
Something is definitely wrong with Sochan. Anyone realize that he had stop changing his hair color as well?

RC_Drunkford
11-07-2023, 03:50 AM

he also compared Bryn Forbes to Steph Curry. The old man needs some glasses

Russo21
11-07-2023, 06:47 AM
No but I think you’re a faggot

Solid reply :hat

ambchang
11-07-2023, 08:40 AM
Love this board. Somehow everyone was happier when we won 23 games last year (still miserable mind you) than when we got a generational talent on our hands. Only on spurstalj.

james evans
11-07-2023, 10:29 AM
PG takes a long time to learn. When Tony was coming up the offense was sporadic and it would bog down quite often. It culminated in Speedy fucking Claxton saving the day. The same mouth breathers were around telling us how TP9 sucked and how we needed to trade for Jason Kidd.

Sochan's best trait is his defense and ability to switch. He can be useful in that role at any spot. I am having a lot of fun watching him try new things. Dude is absolutely fearless.
Then we're really screwed more than we thought.

cd98
11-07-2023, 10:57 AM
Kawhi Leonard was a pretty good rookie, but it took about three years of development for him to become a great scorer and dominant NBA player. DJM took three years to become an all-star. Parker did not become the player that earned HOF status until 3-4 years into his career where he developed a jump shot. Players that have 4 years of college come into the NBA ready to contribute right away. That's why Duncan and Robinson were so dominant individually and they also came to a team full of veterans in win-now mode.

Sochan has one year of experience. He's already better than he was last year and he will continue to improve. He has the height and he is a good athlete. The Spurs are one of the best teams when it comes to developing talent. But they are one 3 year plans, not 1 year and 7 games. Let's judge whether we should drop him in year 3, not year 1 and 7 games. He is one of the 5 best players on the Spurs and 29 teams would be glad to take him off our hands, but the Spurs are not as foolish as many of their fans.

rjv
11-07-2023, 11:30 AM
Love this board. Somehow everyone was happier when we won 23 games last year (still miserable mind you) than when we got a generational talent on our hands. Only on spurstalj.

vegas will always be way smarter than some of the usual suspects here on ST.

TDomination
11-07-2023, 11:43 AM
Kawhi Leonard was a pretty good rookie, but it took about three years of development for him to become a great scorer and dominant NBA player. DJM took three years to become an all-star. Parker did not become the player that earned HOF status until 3-4 years into his career where he developed a jump shot. Players that have 4 years of college come into the NBA ready to contribute right away. That's why Duncan and Robinson were so dominant individually and they also came to a team full of veterans in win-now mode.

Sochan has one year of experience. He's already better than he was last year and he will continue to improve. He has the height and he is a good athlete. The Spurs are one of the best teams when it comes to developing talent. But they are one 3 year plans, not 1 year and 7 games. Let's judge whether we should drop him in year 3, not year 1 and 7 games. He is one of the 5 best players on the Spurs and 29 teams would be glad to take him off our hands, but the Spurs are not as foolish as many of their fans.

patience is a trait severely lacking on this board.

JeffDuncan
11-07-2023, 12:05 PM

Sochan has one year of experience. He's already better than he was last year ….

You’re wandering around in fantasy land, just making stuff up.

So far this year Sochan’s field goal percentage is down to .393 from last year’s .453, including his 2pt percentage down to .431 from .519. His ppg is down to 8.4 from 11.

In advanced stats, his PER is down to 9.2 from 11.4, his TS% is .442 versus .509, his win shares have gone negative, and all of his Box scores are worse.

The only real positive a person could point to is that Sochan’s assists are up, but that is only a duh since he’s allegedly playing the point on a team with Wemby.

In brief, no sir, Sochan is not better already this year. So far this year, he is significantly worse than last year.

If Sochan keeps going the way he’s going now, the place he’s going is out of the league. The Spurs need to sober up, and straighten up, and give Sochan an honest chance to make progress as the kind of player he is.

exstatic
11-07-2023, 12:15 PM

So far this year Sochan’s field goal percentage is down to .393 from last year’s .453, including his 2pt percentage down to .431 from .519. His ppg is down to 8.4 from 11.

In advanced stats, his PER is down to 9.2 from 11.4, his TS% is .442 versus .509, his win shares have gone negative, and all of his Box scores are worse.

The only real positive a person could point to is that Sochan’s assists are up, but that is only a duh since he’s allegedly playing the point on a team with Wemby.

In brief, no sir, Sochan is not better already this year. So far this year, he is significantly worse than last year.

If Sochan keeps going the way he’s going now, the place he’s going is out of the league. The Spurs need to sober up, and straighten up, and give Sochan an honest chance to make progress as the kind of player he is.

If you’re going to compare this season to last,your sample size should be the same. Look at the first 7 games of last year compared to the first 7 games of this year.

JeffDuncan
11-07-2023, 12:17 PM
If you’re going to compare this season to last,your sample size should be the same. Look at the first 7 games of last year compared to the first 7 games of this year.

I was replying to the other poster saying “he’s already better.”

In fact, he is not.

FuzzyLumpkins
11-07-2023, 05:10 PM

He's adjusting to his new role. This should not be surprising. Have fun wringing your hands.

Kawhi Duncan
11-07-2023, 07:45 PM
He's adjusting to his new role. This should not be surprising. Have fun wringing your hands.

With ur logic, every player would be better and develop in any role they're placed in... So if they wanted to make Duncan a PG, all they needed to do was play him there for a couple years

FuzzyLumpkins
11-07-2023, 11:31 PM
With ur logic, every player would be better and develop in any role they're placed in... So if they wanted to make Duncan a PG, all they needed to do was play him there for a couple years

If you work at something, you will get better. This goes doubly for younger folk like those in their early twenties. That has nothing to do with someone's ceiling, floor, or rate of return. I advise looking into the learning curve.

TD 21
11-07-2023, 11:50 PM
Anyone who thinks there's so much as a remote chance of him being able to competently fill his current role long term or that it's in the plans, is delusional.

The bigger issue is the Spurs continuing to not value shooting in their draft picks and their failure to develop it period.

We're now in season 9 of this era and they've yet to have a primary ball handler with a modern skillset or a core that can adequately space the floor.

spursparker9
11-08-2023, 09:12 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlih7M5B0ZE&ab_channel=TerranovaBasketballStudy

Truckules
11-08-2023, 01:06 PM
Anyone who thinks there's so much as a remote chance of him being able to competently fill his current role long term or that it's in the plans, is delusional.

The bigger issue is the Spurs continuing to not value shooting in their draft picks and their failure to develop it period.

We're now in season 9 of this era and they've yet to have a primary ball handler with a modern skillset or a core that can adequately space the floor.

Your point about shooting is wrong. This team has plenty of shooting, but it's missing it at the most important position. The problem is that Tre and Sochan are the two who can't shoot (other than Bassey), and they're being asked to be the primary ballhandler. If your primary ballhandler can't shoot, it makes it hard to screen for them. Tre started the year making threes when people went under, but he's really struggled shooting the past two games. Sochan has never demonstrated an ability to shoot off the dribble.

spurraider21
11-08-2023, 01:16 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dlih7M5B0ZE&ab_channel=TerranovaBasketballStudy
hard to watch because of the narrator's braces/retainers... but the video does a good job showing what its trying to show

he simply doesnt cause the defense to go into recovery mode. he doesnt create openings. even when he drives toward the rim, defenses arent scared enough about his finishing ability to double or even slightly rotate toward him. as a result, the 4 other guys still have defenders right on them. unless a defender just outright falls asleep and loses his man, there's nobody really open for a quick pass-shot

so you have a guy who has solid passing ability but doesnt really have openings to make those solid passes because those opportunities simply arent being created. at least not with any degree of consistency that is needed to run a competent offense

you end up having him dribble the ball for a few seconds, and then he kinda just has to pass the ball out and have somebody else create a shot for themselves. at which point you wonder what the purpose of those last 5-6 seconds was

its kinda cruel to jeremy as its putting him in a position to fail, and not in a subtle way. but its also unfair to the rest of the unit. its like trying to evaluate WRs when your QB is tim tebow

spurraider21
11-08-2023, 01:26 PM
so here's a look at the game this year where he got a number of assists

on the first assist, grayson allen isnt drawn toward sochan. he simply falls asleep for a half second ball-watching and devin makes a cut. this wasnt an opportunity created by sochan causing the defense to react

the second look is caused by devin booker falling down from the screen, not from sochan influencing the defense

the third assist is clean, but a center picking and popping for 3 against nurkic is probably going to get those looks pretty consistently

and the last one is nice off-ball action between collins and mcdermott, not from sochan drawing the defense. but still, the defense being scrambled as a result of the off-ball action gives sochan a nice target, and he's a good passer who can make those plays. but he needs the opportunities to be created, he's simply not the one generating them

Chinook
11-08-2023, 01:54 PM
I've been using the term "bending the defense" for a few years to describe what the Spurs have been missing since Parker got old. I've wanted multiple players with the ability to bend a defense through driving over the years. That was what I was hoping Lonnie would. It's why I was a big fan of Kira Lewis coming out of the draft. I don't know that you need to be fast to do that. I think you can use size and skill to "score through" defenders rather than getting around them. That's why I think it might be important to acquire an offensive star in free agency or through trade rather than hoping to draft one. They need a guy who's already a star rather than hoping they know how to build one. It's a shame that the current league has discouraged iso scorers. There was a time when there were a number of those guys in the league. Now DeRozan might be the only one. Hopefully there is a player who can who what DeRozan can do well while not being a no-D/no-3 guy.

I really do think starting Graham over Branham would help the first unit. It would be a partial pivot away from having Sochan at PG while actually having a guy whose skills compliment the rest of the players on the court. Starting Malaki makes sense in the context of trying to develop guys. But you develop around a foundation, and the Spurs don't have a foundation because they've been so keen to get rid of it.

RC_Drunkford
11-08-2023, 03:08 PM
hard to watch because of the narrator's braces/retainers... but the video does a good job showing what its trying to show

he simply doesnt cause the defense to go into recovery mode. he doesnt create openings. even when he drives toward the rim, defenses arent scared enough about his finishing ability to double or even slightly rotate toward him. as a result, the 4 other guys still have defenders right on them. unless a defender just outright falls asleep and loses his man, there's nobody really open for a quick pass-shot

so you have a guy who has solid passing ability but doesnt really have openings to make those solid passes because those opportunities simply arent being created. at least not with any degree of consistency that is needed to run a competent offense

you end up having him dribble the ball for a few seconds, and then he kinda just has to pass the ball out and have somebody else create a shot for themselves. at which point you wonder what the purpose of those last 5-6 seconds was

its kinda cruel to jeremy as its putting him in a position to fail, and not in a subtle way. but its also unfair to the rest of the unit. its like trying to evaluate WRs when your QB is tim tebow

This is why the Spurs have to play through Wemby in the post, cause that's where the D collapses. It's just Pop doesn't emphasize it at all

TD 21
11-08-2023, 04:22 PM
Your point about shooting is wrong. This team has plenty of shooting, but it's missing it at the most important position. The problem is that Tre and Sochan are the two who can't shoot (other than Bassey), and they're being asked to be the primary ballhandler. If your primary ballhandler can't shoot, it makes it hard to screen for them. Tre started the year making threes when people went under, but he's really struggled shooting the past two games. Sochan has never demonstrated an ability to shoot off the dribble.

:lmao I literally alluded to this specific issue.

They don't have "plenty of shooting". Of the current extended core, who comprise either drafted or players acquired in the developmental stage (starters + Jones and Branham), only Vassell is a floor spacer. Opposing defenses will live with the others and flat out encourage it from Sochan and Jones.

Ironically, the front office either not putting a premium on drafting shooting or believing their own hype with regards to developing it, is that they were seemingly prioritizing defense, yet they can't do that either.

The Truth #6
11-08-2023, 05:16 PM
Jeremy definitely doesn't blow past people with his dribble. Only thing I can think of is he would have to sort of back his player into the post and create double teams or space that way and then kick back out. I suppose sort of like Andre Miller, but that's not a great comp.

exstatic
11-08-2023, 08:38 PM
Jeremy definitely doesn't blow past people with his dribble. Only thing I can think of is he would have to sort of back his player into the post and create double teams or space that way and then kick back out. I suppose sort of like Andre Miller, but that's not a great comp.

Does Doncic blow by people? If you don’t have the burst, you use hesitation and chance of pace.

KDKSpurs24
11-08-2023, 09:02 PM
Does Doncic blow by people? If you don’t have the burst, you use hesitation and chance of pace.
Not the same. Doncic can shoot (especially the step back 3). Just the thought of that alone allows him to get by people who are afraid of it. Sochan can’t shoot so he doesn’t have that affect on the defense.

Someone like Andre Miller would work better for your example. But his basketball IQ was much higher than what Sochan has displayed.

exstatic
11-08-2023, 09:20 PM
Not the same. Doncic can shoot (especially the step back 3). Just the thought of that alone allows him to get by people who are afraid of it. Sochan can’t shoot so he doesn’t have that affect on the defense.

Someone like Andre Miller would work better for your example. But his basketball IQ was much higher than what Sochan has displayed.

He’s actually a career 34% 3 point shooter, below league average. I’d put a hand up, but I’d never do a hard contest. That’s how he gets to the rim. He can fill up on those step back 3s.

offset formation
11-09-2023, 12:48 AM
Really liked Sochan's game tonight. Was aggressive and took the shots he had to take. Good game for the youngin.

R. DeMurre
11-09-2023, 12:19 PM
:lol On the website The Ringer, Kevin O'Connor posted an article today titled "Everybody Needs to Chill Out About Wemby," where among other things he says "spurs fans are engaged in a civil war about whether Jeremy Sochan should be playing point guard."

https://www.theringer.com/nba/2023/11/9/23953741/victor-wembanyama-san-antonio-spurs-madison-square-garden

Kevin
11-09-2023, 01:54 PM
Why cant Sochan just muscle his way to the hoop with Jalen Brunson on him. If baffles my why he doesn't put his head down and power drive to the cup like Keldon against much smaller defenders. Once smaller defenders have to respect his drive he can really start breaking down defenses with some regularity. Just start playing bully ball with these small PG's. Not everything has to skillful when you have a significant size advantage.

exstatic
11-09-2023, 02:04 PM
Why cant Sochan just muscle his way to the hoop with Jalen Brunson on him. If baffles my why he doesn't put his head down and power drive to the cup like Keldon against much smaller defenders. Once smaller defenders have to respect his drive he can really start breaking down defenses with some regularity. Just start playing bully ball with these small PG's. Not everything has to skillful when you have a significant size advantage.

Brunson drew 3 charges last night. Putting your head down and bullying your way to the rim is a recipe for an offensive foul.

cd98
11-09-2023, 02:22 PM
Brunson drew 3 charges last night. Putting your head down and bullying your way to the rim is a recipe for an offensive foul.

Right, per the ESPN crew, he lead the league last year in charges drawn. He's the Derek Fisher of today's game.