PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Suns - Oct. 31, 2023

timvp
11-01-2023, 10:46 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-suns-grades-4/

It never felt like the Spurs were going to win that game ... until they won it.

Suns :lol

onechance87
11-01-2023, 10:53 AM
still early....But braham may have to go back to the gleague

rjv
11-01-2023, 11:02 AM
still early....But braham may have to go back to the gleague

ain't happening

JPB
11-01-2023, 11:03 AM
You could see from the end of the 2nd up to the middle of the third that Suns players were like "OK we're routing those scrubs, too easy"... And everyone, including spurs fans, was thinking the same... No way you imagined spurs had a remote chance.

No idea how they got this one... Obviously Wemby going from 0/5 to 6/7 helped + Keldon + Tre bringing some order. Also don't know why Wemby can't get things going in this first halfes but he's godam clutch.

slick'81
11-01-2023, 11:04 AM
Wemby doesnt like to lose

R. DeMurre
11-01-2023, 11:08 AM
Very much an outlier win statistically for the Spurs-- the Suns had a higher FG%, a higher 3pt%, a higher FT%, and out-rebounded them, but still lost. The starters were great in the 4th, and a lot of credit has to go to Tre & Cedi for making a difference off of the bench.

ginobilized
11-01-2023, 11:11 AM
It seemed like the small ball zone defense really stalled the Suns momentum. Pop stayed with it right to the last moment, but, inserted Wemby and he was able to contribute immediately.
Wemby's clutch/pressure genes are elite. He stays cool and laser-focused and makes plays. Once he figures his teammates out and vice-versa, winning will increase. Once he figures the league out, god only knows what is possible.

That trap at the end had me thinking of the Celtics 80's defense. Beautiful way to win a game against the most doomed franchise vs the Spurs.

Thanks for you thoughts, Timvp!

JPB
11-01-2023, 11:14 AM
Also Wemby really have to take better care of the ball, 5 Tos is way too much, often off the dribble. He shouldn't dribble that much in front of NBA players, his dribbles are obviously longer, which more time and opportunity for defensers to get a touch at the ball.

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 11:16 AM
Wemby is not abke to compete for more then 10 minutes. His rebounding is poor. Picked just 3 competitive rebs... At his height...
People getting excited he can dunk the ball but as if right now he us not that good.

Positives though are he was able to follow his teammates and put the spurs in position to win.
Crucial screen with Vassell was weak. Turnover machine..

Spurs clicked in the 2nd and tbh with so many mistakes to fix we are in a good spot imo.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-01-2023, 11:18 AM
I love the win. I hope the Spurs use it as a catalyst to a great game on Thursday (especially since I'm going to be there), and don't take their foot off the gas. Not time to give one back to the Suns since they got this one. Seems like they figured some things out in the fourth quarter, so I'd love to see that aggressiveness and momentum spring them forward. Feels like they learned what the intensity requirements are for playing in a real game there in the 4th.

spursparker9
11-01-2023, 11:24 AM
Next game is in phoenix vs the sons again.

Expecting a blow out this time tbh :lol

Mr. Body
11-01-2023, 11:27 AM
They were scared vs. the Clippers and never felt like they could win.

This one, they struggled, but started fighting. Stole one. It's not looking pretty right now. God, there's so much that's not working or gets flubbed up, but this kind of win shows them they can scrap and fight and get Ws. Now let's try to get better first halves.

John B
11-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Thsnks for the grades. Spot on. I like that the Spurs never gave even down 20 points, an extreme opposite of what they did against the Clippers. Keldon was pesky and you know he’s not backing down. Wemby was stonecold under pressure, which is remarkable for a 19 years old. Truly this kid is built for bigger and better things. Sochan played better. Actually, the whole team played better protecting the ball. They still turned it over 19 times, but an improvement from the previous 25. I hope they continue the trend.

It was a surprise win, and I’m glad they got rewarded by sticking in it. But there’s tons of work left for improvement. Just keep pounding the rock! Good stuff.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 11:30 AM
Sochan haters when they see this grade: :madrun :madrun :madrun :madrun

Always a treat to see fans of a team actively root against players on the team they cheer for. :lol

Main concern for the offense is ball movement and turnovers at the moment right now. The rock tends to freeze too much (normal for young teams).

On defense when Wemby sits we're pretty rough, I hope Pop finds a combo that works on D when we don't have VW on the floor.

If we're going to continue capping Wemby's minutes, which is toeing right up to the point of tanking, I hope he can at least get his legs under him a bit better. Dude burns energy out there like he's Manu. :lol

Overall what a huge win for the team, it might be forgotten in a few weeks but these guys are out there hustling every game and that's all you can ask of a young squad.

Mugen
11-01-2023, 11:37 AM
One of the funniest Ws in a long time tbh :lol

Seventyniner
11-01-2023, 11:47 AM
Thsnks for the grades. Spot on. I like that the Spurs never gave even down 20 points, an extreme opposite of what they did against the Clippers. Keldon was pesky and you know he’s not backing down. Wemby was stonecold under pressure, which is remarkable for a 19 years old. Truly this kid is built for bigger and better things. Sochan played better. Actually, the whole team played better protecting the ball. They still turned it over 19 times, but an improvement from the previous 25. I hope they continue the trend.

It was a surprise win, and I’m glad they got rewarded by sticking in it. But there’s tons of work left for improvement. Just keep pounding the rock! Good stuff.

The Spurs only had 12 turnovers. It was the Suns that had 19. This is why the Spurs won despite having lower shooting percentages across the board.

spurraider21
11-01-2023, 11:48 AM
im lower on branham than most but surprised he didnt get a positive note for his on-ball defense

Mugen
11-01-2023, 11:49 AM
The defense is still terrible tbh. That gimmicky zone will get exposed by most teams. I do like the effort though, they just need to be smarter.

MultiTroll
11-01-2023, 12:10 PM
For Championship roster moving forward......is anyone seeing anyone other than:

Wama
Vassell -if he cleans up his Enrique Parker Kobme shot selection.

SayTown
11-01-2023, 12:11 PM

Maybe, still waiting for Wemby's breakout game, could it be next game?

Frenchfred
11-01-2023, 12:49 PM
A for Wemby is too high. He had 5 TOs, which would be okay if he scored 30 points and dished 10 assists but he didn’t.

boutons_deux
11-01-2023, 01:07 PM
this win should, must be a team confidence builder

John B
11-01-2023, 01:10 PM
The Spurs only had 12 turnovers. It was the Suns that had 19. This is why the Spurs won despite having lower shooting percentages across the board.

My eyes are playing tricks on me. Thanks.

I hope they continue the trend protecting the ball. It’s obviously a big factor overcoming a 20 pt deficit. The assists is still up there at 25.

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 01:21 PM
A for Wemby is too high. He had 5 TOs, which would be okay if he scored 30 points and dished 10 assists but he didn’t.

Hey
He had a dunk. That's an automatic A ��

JPB
11-01-2023, 01:24 PM

Always a treat to see fans of a team actively root against players on the team they cheer for. :lol

Main concern for the offense is ball movement and turnovers at the moment right now. The rock tends to freeze too much (normal for young teams).

On defense when Wemby sits we're pretty rough, I hope Pop finds a combo that works on D when we don't have VW on the floor.

If we're going to continue capping Wemby's minutes, which is toeing right up to the point of tanking, I hope he can at least get his legs under him a bit better. Dude burns energy out there like he's Manu. :lol

Overall what a huge win for the team, it might be forgotten in a few weeks but these guys are out there hustling every game and that's all you can ask of a young squad.

I appreciate Timvp's grades as much as anyone but he's not the alpha and omega of games reviews (which he doesnt pretend ofc)... He's often much too generous for my taste, there's plenty of times you might disagree and I do for Sochan on this game (I wouldn't give Wemby an A too with 5 Tos and his poor first half).

That's only when Tre got the helm that spurs started to get things going on. And it's not hating on Sochan to say he's a failure at PG, that's just not his spot. He still totally ignored Wemby and did a bad job at initiating the offense or creating anything...

Litterally everyone on X, Youtube, Reddit... basically the Internet, is saying the same things, spurs fans or not: "Why is Sochan ignoring Wemby?", Why aren't they feeding Wemby on the post more!" or "Is there someting wrong with Sochan, he looks unhappy?"... it's not just a ST thing, Sochan looked like he's emotionally not here at the end and after last night game, which could be a message to Pop that he's not happy playing PG.

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 01:48 PM
I appreciate Timvp's grades as much as anyone but he's not the alpha and omega of games reviews (which he doesnt pretend ofc)... He's often much too generous for my taste, there's plenty of times you might disagree and I do for Sochan on this game (I wouldn't give Wemby an A too with 5 Tos and his poor first half).

That's only when Tre got the helm that spurs started to get things going on. And it's not hating on Sochan to say he's a failure at PG, that's just not his spot. He still totally ignored Wemby and did a bad job at initiating the offense or creating anything...

Litterally everyone on X, Youtube, Reddit... basically the Internet, is saying the same things, spurs fans or not: "Why is Sochan ignoring Wemby?", Why aren't they feeding Wemby on the post more!" or "Is there someting wrong with Sochan, he looks unhappy?"... it's not just a ST thing, Sochan looked like he's emotionally not here at the end and after last night game, which could be a message to Pop that he's not happy playing PG.

Argumentum ad populum isn't super convincing as a retort, sorry.

onechance87
11-01-2023, 01:57 PM
[QUOTE=JPB;10978331]I appreciate Timvp's grades as much as anyone but he's not the alpha and omega of games reviews (which he doesnt pretend ofc)... He's often much too generous for my taste, there's plenty of times you might disagree and I do for Sochan on this game (I wouldn't give Wemby an A too with 5 Tos and his poor first half).

Litterally everyone on X, Youtube, Reddit... basically the Internet, is saying the same things, spurs fans or not: "Why is Sochan ignoring Wemby?", Why aren't they feeding Wemby on the post more!" or

Sugus
11-01-2023, 02:02 PM
Wemby is not abke to compete for more then 10 minutes. His rebounding is poor. Picked just 3 competitive rebs... At his height...
People getting excited he can dunk the ball but as if right now he us not that good.

Positives though are he was able to follow his teammates and put the spurs in position to win.

Spurs clicked in the 2nd and tbh with so many mistakes to fix we are in a good spot imo.

I don't think I've ever seen a more random hate boner for a player - your own franchise's generational talent at that - before. Is this salt really all because Wemby doesn't follow your ideal training regime and isn't interested in muscling up?? Or is there anything else I missed? Let it go my guy, not everyone wants to be a meathead in their life lmao

It's not even on this particular game, you've been shitting on him incoherently since he was setting the league on fire in preseason. He didn't fuck your girl or anything like that, did he? :lol

Cry Havoc
11-01-2023, 02:08 PM

yeah 19 year olds who are going to average 20 and 7 with 3 blocks per game are just falling out of the trees in the NBA right now. :lol

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 02:11 PM
I don't think I've ever seen a more random hate boner for a player - your own franchise's generational talent at that - before. Is this salt really all because Wemby doesn't follow your ideal training regime and isn't interested in muscling up?? Or is there anything else I missed? Let it go my guy, not everyone wants to be a meathead in their life lmao

It's not even on this particular game, you've been shitting on him incoherently since he was setting the league on fire in preseason. He didn't fuck your girl or anything like that, did he? :lol
Dude muscling up ��

Sure you do not get what is hate and what is criticism of how someone is playing

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 02:12 PM
Btw generational talent should play like one.

Not yet tbh

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 02:14 PM
Akso I was taking about strengh mire then muscles. And it is a must and he will do it.

But not your article experts gonna tell me that ��

Sugus
11-01-2023, 02:22 PM
Dude muscling up ��

Sure you do not get what is hate and what is criticism of how someone is playing

Yeah, as we all knew he would, being a scrawny-as-fuck 19 year old coming into a professional league. Were you expecting him to get smaller? :lmao

You know it was never about that; Wemby and co. were adamant on natural muscle-building through years and not focusing on weight lifting, and you had your panties in a bunch over it, yapping on about how he had to get muscled up or he'd break in half his first game or so. Now that he's clearly not broken and also dominant in stretches, you retort to useless hating, which I'm surprised about since he didn't fuck your girl (or did he? :lol)

And of course I can tell the difference, and that's why I'm calling you out; you're bitching up about the stupidest of things. "People getting excited he can dunk the ball but he's not that good" are you fucking dense? Is that really all you see with Wemby on the court? All you've seen in these games? You might just be as hopeless as your bodybuilding knowledge...

Sugus
11-01-2023, 02:24 PM
Btw generational talent should play like one.

Not yet tbh

https://youtu.be/jMNVtvt5tLE?si=IbD_L1zi3bXHrXmY

Yeah, lotta players racking up 5 blocks against the GOAT shooting backcourt in their second preseason games, my bad! where are all these true generational talents that you're thinking of???

ChumpDumper
11-01-2023, 02:28 PM
For Championship roster moving forward......is anyone seeing anyone other than:

Wama
Vassell -if he cleans up his Enrique Parker Kobme shot selection.

Your posts are more entertaining when imagining Mushmouth from Fat Albert speaking them.

Sugus
11-01-2023, 02:31 PM

Man, I don't remember seeing you here before, but please stick around. Coherent individual thought is sorely needed in this board.

I don't doubt Wemby's conditioning will improve and that's not my concern, but I want to point out that the more I see them, the more I'm convinced Pop really is tanking out the year. He's being smart about it dressing it up as development and a "young team", but there's significant signs at this early point. Random lineups, playing players out of natural position, ignoring the need for a PG through the off-season and now into the season actively hiding the PG from Wemby (I'd love to see the splits in Jones' minutes played with and without Wemby)...

It's way too early to know for sure, but I'm expecting Pop to keep up the Sochan PG experiment until maybe the ASB, or past it even. Rack up some healthy losses, then start sitting guys out like last year. He's been very straightforward regarding his plans for the team, and I think none of us really knew how literal he meant it before the season started. He really doesn't care about punting Wemby's rookie season.

Whether that's good long term is certainly up for debate, but I'm liking the strategy. Wemby is clearly a mature enough player to understand you don't just win 50 games your rookie year like Timmy did.

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 02:51 PM
Yeah, as we all knew he would, being a scrawny-as-fuck 19 year old coming into a professional league. Were you expecting him to get smaller? :lmao

You know it was never about that; Wemby and co. were adamant on natural muscle-building through years and not focusing on weight lifting, and you had your panties in a bunch over it, yapping on about how he had to get muscled up or he'd break in half his first game or so. Now that he's clearly not broken and also dominant in stretches, you retort to useless hating, which I'm surprised about since he didn't fuck your girl (or did he? :lol)

And of course I can tell the difference, and that's why I'm calling you out; you're bitching up about the stupidest of things. "People getting excited he can dunk the ball but he's not that good" are you fucking dense? Is that really all you see with Wemby on the court? All you've seen in these games? You might just be as hopeless as your bodybuilding knowledge...
Do.not make things up

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 02:52 PM
https://youtu.be/jMNVtvt5tLE?si=IbD_L1zi3bXHrXmY

Yeah, lotta players racking up 5 blocks against the GOAT shooting backcourt in their second preseason games, my bad! where are all these true generational talents that you're thinking of???

Am I thinking about them? Lol

Sugus
11-01-2023, 03:00 PM
Do.not make things up

I don't need to, thankfully your takes are as shitty as advertised. Do you care to dig up your takes on this and rebutt it? I don't at all. I know you're wrong, and salty, already :lol

Am I thinking about them? Lol

Yeah you're right, gave you too much credit there with the "thinking" part, my bad. Meatheads don't do that often after all...

polandprzem
11-01-2023, 03:07 PM
I don't need to, thankfully your takes are as shitty as advertised. Do you care to dig up your takes on this and rebutt it? I don't at all. I know you're wrong, and salty, already :lol

Yeah you're right, gave you too much credit there with the "thinking" part, my bad. Meatheads don't do that often after all...
U drunk or what?

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 03:49 PM
couple observations:

-Wemby can't set screens which seems why pick & pops don't work unless the Spurs run the ballhandler through a double screen
-Wemby can't hold his position inside against small players and gets pushed out almost every time

these 2 things (aside from Pop not running plays) are the reason why he's not getting that much action. You can also see Wemby throw entry passes to Zach Collins on the low block, when that's where he should get the ball

I like that in crunch time we tried to go with a Wemby/Vassell high screen and roll, but Wemby messed those plays up by basically not setting a screen at all, which is why Vassell had to take bad shots

It also doesn't make sense that when Vassell has the ball, he passes it to Tre Jones, only for Tre to jack up a 3.

The zone defense in the 4th looked really good and we did a good job playing the passing lanes and being aggressive

Keldon playing with the bench as the main scorer worked very well in this game

We are clearly a lot better when Wemby plays Center instead of free safety on defense

I really hope these guys can play a full game with the focus they showed in the 4th. There was some nice ball and body movement when Wemby passed the ball from the 3-point line to Osman for a lay up for example. They are clearly underperforming right now

The Truth #6
11-01-2023, 03:54 PM
Remember when "we" were worried that Keldon was unhappy in preseason and hated Devin for getting a bigger contract? Shockingly, that was a horrible interpretation. But Sochan hating Wemby? No, this one's different! Their high fives lacked passion and vigor!

The Truth #6
11-01-2023, 03:57 PM
Underappreciated play of the game: Tre subtly raking Durant's eyes which distracted him while Keldon stole the ball (game). I hate CP3 but reminded me of the sneaky shit that he does that wins games.

spurraider21
11-01-2023, 04:12 PM
NBA released the last 2 minutes officiating report

no missed calls in the spurs/suns game. they said it was a correct no-call on the steal off of durant

BatManu20
11-01-2023, 04:19 PM

Hopefully tbh. Or at least a competitive loss. Best thing for this team this season is competitive losses. Grow together and gel without winning a lot of games. Spurs badly need another top-10 pick next year, hopefully even a top-5 one (unlikely). We desperately need more high-end talent on this roster, preferably at the PG position. And there's a couple of those that are currently projected to go in the top 6 or 7 of next year's draft (subject to change obviously).

It's early, but if the first 4 games are any indicator, it looks like we won't be getting Toronto's top-6 protected draft pick next year either via the Poeltl trade. They're currently 1-4 and play in Milwaukee tonight. They'll likely tank late in the season too just to ensure they keep it tbh, making our draft pick that much more important.

BatManu20
11-01-2023, 04:26 PM

no missed calls in the spurs/suns game. they said it was a correct no-call on the steal off of durant

Tbh it was a foul, albeit a weak one, as KD was bleeding (slightly) from the cut on his face via Tre Jones' swipe at the ball, but it would've been a weak call in a critical moment. PHX shouldn't have blown a 20-point lead at home to a young team, so Vogel's comments about the officiating after the game were lame imo. They have no one to blame but themselves for that loss.

Arcadian
11-01-2023, 04:30 PM
-Wemby can't set screens

Of course he can. Setting screens is one of the most basic actions in basketball. You can teach a 5-year-old to set a screen. It might be a bit more difficult to land a screen effectively when you're as skinny as a twig, but it's not like we're talking about some innate ability here. Screening is something that is obviously teachable/learnable, and quickly at that.

Seventyniner
11-01-2023, 04:44 PM
Hopefully tbh. Or at least a competitive loss. Best thing for this team this season is competitive losses. Grow together and gel without winning a lot of games. Spurs badly need another top-10 pick next year, hopefully even a top-5 one (unlikely). We desperately need more high-end talent on this roster, preferably at the PG position. And there's a couple of those that are currently projected to go in the top 6 or 7 of next year's draft (subject to change obviously).

It's early, but if the first 4 games are any indicator, it looks like we won't be getting Toronto's top-6 protected draft pick next year either via the Poeltl trade. They're currently 1-4 and play in Milwaukee tonight. They'll likely tank late in the season too just to ensure they keep it tbh, making our draft pick that much more important.

I wonder if this will finally be the year Ujiri admits defeat and tears down the roster. The prospect of having to send out a pick as high as #7 could be the final straw.

spurraider21
11-01-2023, 04:45 PM
Of course he can. Setting screens is one of the most basic actions in basketball. You can teach a 5-year-old to set a screen. It might be a bit more difficult to land a screen effectively when you're as skinny as a twig, but it's not like we're talking about some innate ability here. Screening is something that is obviously teachable/learnable, and quickly at that.
watch his screen attempts

not only does he slip them all, he also slips them prematurely, before the screen even affects the defender

The Truth #6
11-01-2023, 04:49 PM

Tre raking his eyes like Ric Flair and not getting called for a foul is a winning play. I have no problem with it.

SayTown
11-01-2023, 04:56 PM

Has Wemby ever been to Poland before?

SayTown
11-01-2023, 04:59 PM

He can set screens but he might be shying away from the contact and pounding it takes.

RC_Drunkford
11-01-2023, 05:01 PM

nobody says he can't learn it. Whatever he's doing out there, I wouldn't call an NBA screen

Dex
11-01-2023, 05:06 PM
I love that after the victory, Wemby specifically sought out and embraced Vassell in excitement. He literally walked past other teammates to find Devin.

Love seeing the chemistry between those two young players, hopefully they will be a great duo for years to come.

Mugen
11-01-2023, 05:12 PM

:lol

Chinook
11-01-2023, 05:12 PM

It's not really that simple. Yes, Wemby can learn to do it better. But he doesn't have the body for physicality. He's too tall and narrow. It's hard for him to stay in position, and if he moves, he'll get called for a foul. It's also going to be a struggle to have him widen his base without being called. Screening is an important element of any type of basketball. That he's not good at it is a sign he probably hasn't wanted to be good at it. Modern NBA teams screens with all five positions, though, so he'll need to get with the program. But as SR21 says, Wemby is currently slipping screens to avoid contact. It could be merely selfish of him to do that in hopes of getting the ball, but I also think he's trying to avoid contact. That could be because just doesn't like it or it could be for the concerns I mentioned earlier.

mudyez
11-01-2023, 05:21 PM
In an interview or press conference some days ago Wemby was asked, if he is clutch...and with all seriousness he answered "for sure". After a few games, we can see a trent, of him living up to that and that is the best thing that can happen to us. We want a Timmy/Manu and not a Mailman/Harden.

rjv
11-01-2023, 05:23 PM
It's not really that simple. Yes, Wemby can learn to do it better. But he doesn't have the body for physicality. He's too tall and narrow. It's hard for him to stay in position, and if he moves, he'll get called for a foul. It's also going to be a struggle to have him widen his base without being called. Screening is an important element of any type of basketball. That he's not good at it is a sign he probably hasn't wanted to be good at it. Modern NBA teams screens with all five positions, though, so he'll need to get with the program. But as SR21 says, Wemby is currently slipping screens to avoid contact. It could be merely selfish of him to do that in hopes of getting the ball, but I also think he's trying to avoid contact. That could be because just doesn't like it or it could be for the concerns I mentioned earlier.

in the mavs game, the one hard pick he set was awkwardly executed and he wound up committing an offensive foul on it.

heyheymymy
11-01-2023, 06:16 PM
Wembanyama, Johnson and Devin Vassell combined for 25 points in the fourth quarter.

Phoenix led by as many as 20 points in the third quarter, taking a 76-56 lead on an Eric Gordon 3-pointer. The Suns also led by 10 with 5:25 remaining in the contest, before the Spurs finished on an 18-7 run to seal the victory.

wildbill2u
11-01-2023, 07:44 PM

not only does he slip them all, he also slips them prematurely, before the screen even affects the defender

Bassey does the same thing. He releases too quickly and looks for a pass. Meanwhile our offensive player still has his defender on his ass so he is not in position to shoot or pass cleanly. If Bassey would just hold that pick, he could crush some of those smaller players.

DAF86
11-01-2023, 07:48 PM
Bassey does the same thing. He releases too quickly and looks for a pass. Meanwhile our offensive player still has his defender on his ass so he is not in position to shoot or pass cleanly. If Bassey would just hold that pick, he could crush some of those smaller players.

The Scola screen. Spurs should hire him to teach Wemby a trick or two on screen roll scoring.

Spurs Homer
11-01-2023, 07:50 PM
Going to be interesting tomorrow - Durant looked extra salty in the post game interview...but at least he was gracious when answering questions about the non-call...

and questions about wemby as im sure everyone has read about by now...
as for the non-call - that play was no different than when Durant stripped Wemby near the start of the game...

sure he stole the ball but there was as much contact on that play as there was in the non-call play tbh...

Arcadian
11-01-2023, 08:33 PM

I bet he'll get better at it.

ChumpDumper
11-02-2023, 01:41 AM

:lol He bent like a reed in the wind to avoid contact after "setting a pick" sometime in the third quarter.

heyheymymy
11-02-2023, 04:04 AM
Was thinking about how the Spurs have now stolen a win in PHX on both Christmas Day and now Halloween night. Both games were in PHX and both games were 1 point Spurs wins.

Remember that Christmas Day game in like 2008 or so when Roger Mason Jr. hit that last second walk off three.

z0sa
11-02-2023, 08:20 AM
Honestly don’t think anyone earned an A in this game. Except maybe Keldon, and as a sub-grade for everyone’s mental toughness.

Wemby was a ghost in the first half until that dunk. It obviously fired him up.

Vassell was a no show as well for about 3 qs.

I think Zach did a way better job contesting shots, but he wasn’t great either. He needs to knock down a few 3s.

Truth is, we got away with Tre fouling the crap out of Durant on the Keldon steal/layup. If that actually gets called like it would in 98% of games I am not sure we pull out the W. Then the first half looks much more glaring..

Das Texan
11-02-2023, 08:57 AM
Ever since Charles Barkley left the Suns, it seems like we make them our presonal whipping boy in big moments.

I'm ok with this!

jjspur
11-02-2023, 09:36 AM
It was a great comeback win for our guys. I'm still laughing at Kevin Durrant after getting the ball stolen from him. After the buzzer sounded he was still walking around with his hands out, wondering what the hell just happened. Its like he was still holding an imaginary basketball. This game shows what this team is capable of doing, lets hope they keep doing more of this.

ambchang
11-02-2023, 02:31 PM
Wemby cannot be anything more than a B. if this is his A game the Spurs got a dud.

JPB
11-02-2023, 03:58 PM
I love that after the victory, Wemby specifically sought out and embraced Vassell in excitement. He literally walked past other teammates to find Devin.

Love seeing the chemistry between those two young players, hopefully they will be a great duo for years to come.

He did after the Houton game too. They visibly have a particular bond on the team, which doesn't surprise me. they're both smart, humble and nice guys (although Wemby is probably a bit to expressive and emphatic during games after a good play). Happens in every team, you develop special affinities wth some teammates, no so much with others... C'est la vie. Not putting another coin in the machine but I don't believe Victor and Sochan will get on holidays together for example, different personalities.