PDA

View Full Version : is any coach going to tell zach collins to stop taking 17 shots a game

playblair
11-05-2023, 06:19 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

mudyez
11-05-2023, 06:46 PM
Don't be mad, but actually I thought he passed up 2 or 3 three point atempts to much.

LeBowen
11-05-2023, 06:49 PM
Don't be mad, but actually I thought he passed up 2 or 3 three point atempts to much.

Didn't pass up on enough of them.
Had 3-3 in one game against Phoenix, 3-24 combined in other 5 games.

itzsoweezee
11-05-2023, 07:15 PM
I wouldn’t be as mad if he even played average defense. But the dude constantly gets shit on. I think Poeltl had his season high tonight. Not a surprise.

These guys need to learn they are not good. There are two starter-level players on this team

spursparker9
11-06-2023, 02:22 AM
:pop:

He need to hit 3s to space the floor for Wemby. :lol

John B
11-06-2023, 02:29 AM
Vassell is out. People are stepping up. Wemby needs to be asking for the ball like 4th qtr of the Suns game,if he wanted touches. Cedi tried a pass on him, but he was sealed by Schroder at one posession.

Vince Carter's ankle
11-06-2023, 03:58 AM
is any of the moderators stop playblair from creating new threads?

SouthernFryd
11-06-2023, 06:04 AM
Collins was the best Spurs player on the floor in that game. Not the highest scorer, but the best player.

Big Empty
11-06-2023, 09:18 AM
Zach is my new lightening rod. I blame him for everything like i used to do with Matt Bonner ha

stephen jackson
11-06-2023, 09:23 AM
Idk why they refused to go to wemby it’s so annoying

exstatic
11-06-2023, 09:35 AM
is any of the moderators stop playblair from creating new threads?

The Truth #6
11-06-2023, 09:41 AM
Might be Pop letting them figure out the pecking order on their own rather than he completely dictating it. That's, broadly, one example of how I interpret "letting them figure things out". They all have to see what their best role is on the team. It's a young team. Everyone is trying to prove themselves. Developmental Year, et cetera.

cd98
11-06-2023, 09:59 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think Zach was a steal by the Spurs. I think he is a legit big that shoots threes and is a good passer and can post up on smaller players on the block. Sure, he like everyone else in the NBA has flaws. I mean the guy has played the equivalent of probably one season in the NBA given his injuries and he only had one year of college. He is going to get better as the season progresses in position defense and team defense. But he has the raw skills that you can't just find anywhere and I think he complements Wemby well. Plus he has a little bit of a mean streak in him that I think the Spurs need. And I don't want any Spurs player to hesitate to shoot when they are open. The offense falls apart if everyone is not aggressive and a threat to score. I don't see Collins taking bad shots, so I'm for him letting it fly. His ability to score will only make it easier and more impossible to guard Wemby.

sammy
11-06-2023, 10:22 AM
Pass the ball to Wemby, he draws the defenders and will find the open man for the outside shot! This BS of Collins taking too many shots and bricking! Give the ball to Wemby! Collins sucks at defense and even Poetl abused him! Dude is soft as Charmin tolilet paper and they just take the ball away from him! Enough of this crap! Wemby should be getting the ball all of the time!

z0sa
11-06-2023, 11:19 AM
It's just my opinion, but I think Zach was a steal by the Spurs. I think he is a legit big that shoots threes and is a good passer and can post up on smaller players on the block. Sure, he like everyone else in the NBA has flaws. I mean the guy has played the equivalent of probably one season in the NBA given his injuries and he only had one year of college. He is going to get better as the season progresses in position defense and team defense. But he has the raw skills that you can't just find anywhere and I think he complements Wemby well. Plus he has a little bit of a mean streak in him that I think the Spurs need. And I don't want any Spurs player to hesitate to shoot when they are open. The offense falls apart if everyone is not aggressive and a threat to score. I don't see Collins taking bad shots, so I'm for him letting it fly. His ability to score will only make it easier and more impossible to guard Wemby.

Stop talking all this sense. Clearly Zach is forcing a bunch of shots and ignoring his teammates. :spin

RC_Drunkford
11-06-2023, 11:27 AM
Zach is an offensive big tbh. He'd be best suited as the backup C on a championship team, where his defense doesn't get exposed easily and he can focus on scoring. We got enough scorers in our starting line up with Wemby, Vassell and Keldon.

Cry Havoc
11-06-2023, 12:22 PM
:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang:bang

No one in the history of Spurstalk has ever said less than you have in 5,000 posts.

BatManu20
11-06-2023, 12:32 PM
No one in the history of Spurstalk has ever said less than you have in 5,000 posts.

This prob true tbh :lol