11-06-2023, 02:26 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-raptors-grades-6/

Welp, good try.

yagozev
11-06-2023, 02:40 PM
:toast

rjv
11-06-2023, 02:40 PM
the reason osman fell back into Wemby and knocked the ball out of his hands was because Porter grabbed osman from the shoulder and knocked him back into Wemby.

Davidicus
11-06-2023, 03:01 PM
We have the talent to build huge leads. We’re hungry and able. 2nd half felt like our lack of offensive identity doomed us. This will come in time! Definitely needs to start with playing through Victor PnRs and post-ups.

Mr. Body
11-06-2023, 03:01 PM
Pop had to have LOVED this loss. They gotta learn how to dig deeper when teams turn it up a notch. Things are easy when you're going downhill but it's not always easy street. Only way to learn how to kill these games off is doing it.

spurs10
11-06-2023, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the grades. This reversal of fortunes from laughter to doom in the 4th quarter was sad to see. So close, but....that won't do it. When watching the team implode I couldn't help but notice a couple things. First, where was the people making baskets Branham and McBuckets in the 4th quarter. Why were they on the bench when Tre and Sochan were playing so poorly? I erased the tape, so maybe I missed something.

The Truth #6
11-06-2023, 03:16 PM
Pop had to have LOVED this loss. They gotta learn how to dig deeper when teams turn it up a notch. Things are easy when you're going downhill but it's not always easy street. Only way to learn how to kill these games off is doing it.

I agree with Body on this. I didn't see the game but in the past it sometimes felt like pop almost even manufactured some of these losses so the team wouldn't get too full of itself. Not saying that's what happened last night, but it did cross my mind. Pop loves those teaching moments.

heyheymymy
11-06-2023, 03:31 PM
the reason osman fell back into Wemby and knocked the ball out of his hands was because Porter grabbed osman from the shoulder and knocked him back into Wemby.

I said the same thing in the game thread.

Porter did some bullshit backwards linebacker move to clear out around the rim.

Wembys upper torso holding the rebound but porter pushes his lower torso backwards until wemby loses hold of the rebound

polandprzem
11-06-2023, 03:54 PM
Looked like the Spurs started the season in Ariona. They do continue to play better tbh

Things Wemby was doing badly starting the season seems to be fixed. His rebs got better and he competed all the minutes he was in. A;so his team D got better and he was able to take positions on the court that are more advantages. Also he is not buying on pump fakes as much which makes him more dangerous on D.

Stupid loss though :D

DAF86
11-06-2023, 05:21 PM
Wembanyama needed more interior touches in the fourth quarter — and some of that blame lands on Pop

This was so frustrating after the Suns game and thinking the coaching staff and the team overall knew what it needed to be done down the stretch from now on.

John B
11-07-2023, 09:21 AM
Thanks Timvp. It’s a game to learn from, how to protect a big lead. They did it against a surging KD/Booker, but they couldn’t do it against Barnes/Anunoby/Schroder. Tre was a big liability against athletic guards and Pop should realize this. I honestly thought Blake could’ve helped as he is the better point-of-attack defender. The Spurs need to practice defense, defense, defense. They’ve shown they can score, but defense will win games.

I’m not going too much on the offensive end. I know Pop and Co are still observing and letting the guys feel their game, especially Wemby’s. I like that Sochan is learning PG and he has improved a lot. But he is also good at attacking the basket last year and drawing fouls. He hasn’t done as much and not getting to the line because of his face in the basket and facilitating than scoring. I think he needs to be more selfish offensively and attack the rim. It’s not a popular choice, but at this point I want to see Blake at PG. I know his outside shot is iffy at times, but he can penetrate and suck defense for a dish. He is also a better defender. I really think his development would be very crucial at this point. Graham is good but his defense is also a liability.

I’m hoping Vassell will be back soon. They really need his production out there badly.