timvp
11-10-2023, 03:06 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-knicks-grades-8/

Robz4000
11-10-2023, 03:34 AM
Too many passing grades imo.

buttsR4rebounding
11-10-2023, 03:38 AM
I think the let Wemby find himself tour’s time needs to end. It’s time to start actually coaching and putting him in positions to succeed via scheme. To do otherwise is not only lazy coaching, but bad coaching.

Fireball
11-10-2023, 03:42 AM
Coach Pop admitting in the interview that he has no clue on how to disrupt the Knicks offense was cringy ...

tbdog
11-10-2023, 04:57 AM
Knicks have had a terrible start on the offensive end. And yet they destroyed us. It has to be defensive schemes. I thought last year the schemes were done on purpose (to tank). But it has continued.

Chomag
11-10-2023, 06:16 AM
Hubie Brown said it himself. "This is not good basketball"

spursparker9
11-10-2023, 06:46 AM
Something is wrong when the fakest all-star player Julius Randle is able to get what he wants

TrainOfThought5
11-10-2023, 11:05 AM
I think the let Wemby find himself tour’s time needs to end. It’s time to start actually coaching and putting him in positions to succeed via scheme. To do otherwise is not only lazy coaching, but bad coaching.

it’s been less than 10 games. My god have we always been this spoiled and impatient?

JeffDuncan
11-10-2023, 12:35 PM
Grade for the team overall: F

Grade for the offense: D

Grade for the defense: F-

This iteration of the Spurs is an embarrassment. They should have their silver and black colors taken away, and replaced with blushing red.

The whole thing is such a mess it’s hard to know where to start in talking about what’s wrong. The buck stops at the head coach tho, especially since he’s also the POBO.

Oh yeah, the most important grade needs to be included. The success of the franchise, in the foreseeable future, hinges on the development of Wemby as an effective NBA player. So, how much was accomplished in this game toward that goal? It looked like an F to me.

TDomination
11-10-2023, 02:25 PM
Just uninspiring. Thats how the team has looked the last 2 games.

Right now it seems like EVERYTHING hinges on them making shots and the other team missing shots. But nothing else. Not good D, not good excecution, just making and missing shots. And thats sad.

Right now we're leaving everyone open. So our defense is to pray that the opponent misses shots.

And us on offense?... we're clanking everything. But I believe that's due to a lack of rhythm due to a lack of floor leader/general that can help everyone get to their spots.

I don't care about misses when you do it in rhythm and proper execution.

I don't care about makes against us when the defense did what they were supposed to do.

SouthernFryd
11-10-2023, 03:59 PM
I love watching good basketball. Especially when the Spurs are playing good basketball. 2014 was the best basketball watching year ever.

Don't like watching bad basketball, even if it's the Spurs. it was a Bad year to buy league pass. Guess I'll watch some other teams...and Wemby hi-lites.

tim_duncan_fan
11-10-2023, 04:22 PM
Pretty much everyone else has been saying Keldon shoots too much lol. Fact is he does need to be shooting more, and he has the easiest time scoring out of anyone besides Devin.

Besides that, as someone else said, too many passing grades.

Chomag
11-10-2023, 04:59 PM
I honestly wasn't expecting our team to be world beaters yet this season but I wasn't expecting this embarrassment at all.. "it's just not good basketball ball" what I posted earlier quoting Hubie Brown.

I knew we weren't going to be one of the top defenses in the league but I sure as hell didn't think we would be one of the worst.

It's like they are not prepared or have no plan on anything out on the floor. What the hell is the coaching staff even doing?

sananspursfan21
11-10-2023, 09:10 PM
For awhile, I was wondering why so many teams would get hot from 3 when they played the Spurs. Scrubs were draining threes. But it’s really just that terrible of perimeter defense. How the Suns clanged so many threes twice in a row is beyond me.

Refocus
11-10-2023, 10:02 PM
Coach Pop admitting in the interview that he has no clue on how to disrupt the Knicks offense was cringy ...

I hated when he said that, I also think he might've been telling the truth lmao

Tyronn Lue
11-10-2023, 10:13 PM
It's funny that folks here thought they tanked last year. They just suck.

spurraider21
11-10-2023, 10:17 PM
It's funny that folks here thought they tanked last year. They just suck.
they did tank

the misconception is that tanking means the players lose on purpose or are instructed to lose

tanking means the FO puts out a team that they dont expect to get wins. they basically did the same thing this year

Tyronn Lue
11-11-2023, 11:38 AM
they did tank

the misconception is that tanking means the players lose on purpose or are instructed to lose

tanking means the FO puts out a team that they dont expect to get wins. they basically did the same thing this year
:tu The organization tanked, but this team didn't have a choice. They aren't a good team. I'd be surprised if the front office doesn't have a long term plan they just aren't sharing.

TrainOfThought5
11-11-2023, 11:55 AM
they did tank

Right. They didn’t suck last year, they were mid. After they traded Poetl and Josh Richardson, and sat Vassell, Kj, or Sochan every night, then they sucked on purpose. Which is tanking.

rascal
11-11-2023, 07:13 PM
:tu The organization tanked, but this team didn't have a choice. They aren't a good team. I'd be surprised if the front office doesn't have a long term plan they just aren't sharing.

Draft picks and more drafts picks to build the team. All their recent trades are for draft picks and not player upgrades to the roster.