PDA

View Full Version : Now We Know Why....

Hook Dem
12-04-2005, 01:23 PM
Murtha's involvement with his brother's firm KSA Consulting.

Congress is such a cesspool!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

REP. JOHN MURTHA: JUST A SLEAZY POLITICIAN

Jim Kouri, CPP

December 3, 2005
NewsWithViews.com

One of the mysteries these days is the about-face of a supposed Democrat war hawk, Representative John Murtha of Pennsylvania. Considered a supporter of the Iraq conflict, the decorated former Marine suddenly came out with statements calling for the withdrawal of US troops from Iraq and that the war is not winnable.

After the liberal media feasted on his sudden burst on the national scene, Murtha became the new lightning rod for the antiwar, anti-American movement. Recently, he said that the US military was worn out and unable to protect Americans should a security crisis emerge. And the media again jumped all over the Murtha comments. John Murtha replaced Wesley Clark and John Kerry as the left's favorite veteran since they only love warriors opposed to war. Murtha is someone few Americans knew let alone cared about until he became the big thing in the media's relentless goal of undermining "Bush's war."

Meanwhile, another Democrat, Senator Joe Lieberman of Connecticut, a respected member of the US Senate and a former vice presidential candidate, returned from a fact-finding mission in Iraq. He told of the progress he had seen and wrote a column in the Wall Street Journal about his positive view of US operations in Iraq. Other than some radio talk shows, Senator Lieberman was all but ignored by the mainstream news media, preferring to run Murtha quotes or air Murtha soundbites.

Why did Murtha suddenly change his mind? Was this a calculated effort to win the news media over? Is this something he hopes will insulate him from something that is brewing within the Beltway?

Well, according to investigative journalist Sher Zieve, the House Ethics committee is considering investigating Rep. John Murtha for House multiple ethics violations. The investigation would center on Rep. Murtha's involvement with his brother's firm KSA Consulting.

The story, which originally ran in the Los Angeles Times on 13 June, surrounds the 2005 appropriations bill that funded $20M to companies for which KSA Consulting lobbied. Murtha is a leader on the House Defense Appropriations Committee. An aide to Murtha, Carmen Scialabba, also works for KSA.

Further reported by the LA Times is that KSA directly lobbied Murtha's office for funding on behalf of 7 of its clients and that a Murtha aide advised a defense contractor that it needed to retain the services of KSA Consulting.

Zieve also dug up a recent editorial appearing in Investor's Business Daily that stated: "The newspaper Roll Call reported that there might be a House ethics committee investigation of Murtha's apparent improprieties. But, is that possible now that Murtha has become the media's 'hawk with a conscience?' Come to think of it, could Murtha have been thinking about a possible ethics investigation when he decided to throw himself into the public limelight last week?"

My own BS meter is showing that Murtha conducted a calculated and probably successful operation to neutralize Republicans if they should make an issue of his ethics deficiencies. The LA Times article in June was written while Murtha was considered a war hawk. Now that he's become an "enlightened" anti-war spokesperson don't expect to see followup articles about any ethics violations or criminal acts by Rep. John Murtha.

<http://www.newswithviews.com/DonateNWV.htm>

Why do you think Senator Jon Corzine went on the attack about Bush and Iraq? He gave a $600,000 gift to his ex-girlfriend who just happened to the president of one of the largest government employee unions in New Jersey. The union endorced his and worked for him during the NJ governors race. He also voted on a piece of legislation that benefited only him and a few of his business buddies. So what happened to Senator Corzine? He got elected governor of arguably the most corrupt state in the Union.

<mailto:[email protected]>

Americans will only hear about Murtha's lapses of integrity in the alternative media. As long as he calls for troop withdrawals and makes ridiculous statements about the US military, he's insured himself against the mainstream news media reporting on his ethics problems. Besides, the media only cover Republican politicians accused of misconduct. John Murtha is just another sleazy politician. Nothing more. Nothing less.

© 2005 Jim Kouri- All Rights Reserved

Nbadan
12-04-2005, 01:45 PM
Sheesh...if even the appearance of cronyism by a politician is now a crime, why isn't the whole Bush Administration on trial right now? Obviously, this is nothing but an attack piece on John Murtha and I seriously doubt if there will be any serious investigation because 75% of politicians would risk exposing themselves to this same type of behavior. There may be a 'show' investigation, mainly to help deflect attention from the inept WH, but it will never lead to anything.

Hook Dem
12-04-2005, 01:53 PM
Sheesh...if even the appearance of cronyism by a politician is now a crime, why isn't the whole Bush Administration on trial right now? Obviously, this is nothing but an attack piece on John Murtha and I seriously doubt if there will be any serious investigation because 75% of politicians would risk exposing themselves to this same type of behavior. There may be a 'show' investigation, mainly to help deflect attention from the inept WH, but it will never lead to anything.
YOU WISH !!!!! :lol

Nbadan
12-04-2005, 01:56 PM
YOU WISH !!!!! :lol

Let me count the number of times I have been wrong about stuff like this...hummmm...none.

ChumpDumper
12-04-2005, 02:13 PM
Americans will only hear about Murtha's lapses of integrity in the alternative media.The LA Times and Investor's Business Daily are alternative media?

Why would this derail a congressional investigation? Are the chicken hawks now chicken when it comes to politics? Are you saying they're worried about poll numbers now?

boutons
12-04-2005, 02:42 PM
When alleged slime, totally unrelated to the original issue, comes out ONLY AFTER a politician stands up to the Repubs, there is absolutley no doubt that the vast righ-wing/Repug slime machine is spewing in full retaliation.

Murtha is being Swift-Boated.

Has anybody ever heard of Murtha in this kind of trouble before he dissented from the WH policies?

Nbadan
12-04-2005, 02:44 PM
If Murtha did anything improper, he definitely deserves to be investigated, let's not forget the Murtha was once as much of a war-hawk as Hillary Clinton, but given all the political connections in Washington, unless it can be proven that Murtha personally influenced the decision by the DAC to use KSA Consulting, there's just nothing here.

Ocotillo
12-05-2005, 04:33 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/micah/bobby.jpg

SA210
12-05-2005, 04:38 PM
http://webpages.charter.net/micah/bobby.jpg
:lol

JoeChalupa
12-05-2005, 06:05 PM
I'd follow Mr. Murtha into battle any day of the week!

Semper Fi!!!!

Nbadan
12-05-2005, 06:20 PM
politicians are crooks and liars--even if they weren't when they first took office; indoctrination at capitol hill assures that they will become so

two words: term limits

Term limits don't work, just look at our city council. What we need is to cut all this soft money and hard money crap and set strict campaigning spending limits for candidates of State and Federal offices.

Mr. Peabody
12-05-2005, 06:33 PM
I find it amusing that the article mentions Lieberman as a "respected member of the U.S. Senate" while discussing his support for the war. Would he still be a "respected member of the Senate" if he had the same viewpoint as Murtha?

Or would we be reading about his indiscretions?

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 07:20 PM
i'm for cutting campaign spending--it should be maxed out at $1 million for each candidate.

instead of wasting hundreds of millions trying to badmouth their opponent into submission and tearjerk approval from voters on tv commericals, those bastard politicians can do it for relatively cheap on the Internet

What's the limits to your stupidity Mr Self annointed "Moderate" JOe BLoe.

What's next? Free coke machines at every street corner, longer recess, beer helmets welded to every president on MT rushmore, have a national gay pride day on day and after that they can all go back to being ashamed?

mookie2001
12-05-2005, 07:21 PM
you cant weld rock smarts

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 07:23 PM
NOt to rocks. but you could drill Beam structures into the rock and then weld the rest of the material into the beam skeleton.

BUt anyways, it was a joke. You can go back to playing sim city.

mookie2001
12-05-2005, 07:25 PM
D&d

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 07:27 PM
S&h

JoeChalupa
12-05-2005, 08:36 PM
politicians are crooks and liars--even if they weren't when they first took office; indoctrination at capitol hill assures that they will become so

two words: term limits

I too am for term limits.

I don't know why they don't work though.

But it makes perfect sense to me. Career politicians is the problem as I see it.

Hook Dem
12-06-2005, 05:11 PM
I too am for term limits.

I don't know why they don't work though.

But it makes perfect sense to me. Career politicians is the problem as I see it.
Amen Brother Ben!!!!!!! :spin