PDA

View Full Version : Fire pop

ducks
11-14-2023, 11:19 PM
Hire Becky now

paperboy77
11-14-2023, 11:29 PM
What could it hurt? Just move on from Pop.

BacktoBasics
11-14-2023, 11:36 PM
Stfu dumbfuck.

Obstructed_View
11-14-2023, 11:45 PM
I have to admit how wrong I was.

I thought the Spurs' abysmal defense last year was a way to stealth tank, and I was sure this year's team would be far better, even without the addition of Victor.

I remember all those videos of Pop yelling at championship teams for not knowing where they were supposed to be on defense. I assumed that meant he knew where they were supposed to be.

This team is worse than last year. Like by a lot. The defense is absolutely the worst I have ever seen from a pro team. I wish I could say it's hyperbole.

And to make matters worse, they make ridiculous turnovers, run around with their backs to the inbounder, don't communicate and don't make hustle plays. They get blown out for various reasons, either because they can't generate any offense or because they can't take care of the ball. Usually they just quit trying.

Has a rookie superstar ever requested a trade? I'd be considering it if I were Victor. This team fucking sucks, and the coaching staff is 100 percent to blame for it. The game has clearly passed Popovich by.

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2023, 06:05 AM
I wsh they would've done that in 2018 tbh

LkrFan
11-15-2023, 08:11 AM
Hire Becky now

Okay nah, hear me out. Right now the Spurs suck donkey balls...
...but I don't trust CIA Pop as far as I can throw him. Spurs international scouts probably knew about Tony Parker, Ginobli and Wemby YEARS before anybody else did.

What foreign talent is he tanking for to pair with Wemby to terrorize my Lakers for the next 15-20 years? That nigga up to something. I can feel it.

https://media.tenor.com/oeEv1oMSjKkAAAAM/i-feel-it-the-wind-is-so-good.gif

...and if PATFO fires him the Lakers will snatch him up as a "consultant" in a heartbeat. You farmers better be careful of what you with for. :downspin:

cd98
11-15-2023, 10:54 AM
Unfortunately, Pop has so much goodwill from winning titles and having a historic run with the franchise that he will never be fired by the front office. I expect the Spurs to suck this year but gradually get better by the end of the year, so I don't think this is all Pop's fault. He has a young team and the Spurs brass decided to focus on letting young guys play and losing games. They could have brought in veterans, but they chose not to precisely because they wanted to see what they have.

But my hope is that once they get a point guard in the next draft that Pop will graciously step down so the next coach can come in and reestablish the winning legacy.

Splits
11-15-2023, 11:02 AM
Pink OP

RC_Drunkford
11-15-2023, 11:44 AM
Okay nah, hear me out. Right now the Spurs suck donkey balls...
...but I don't trust CIA Pop as far as I can throw him. Spurs international scouts probably knew about Tony Parker, Ginobli and Wemby YEARS before anybody else did.

What foreign talent is he tanking for to pair with Wemby to terrorize my Lakers for the next 15-20 years? That nigga up to something. I can feel it.

https://media.tenor.com/oeEv1oMSjKkAAAAM/i-feel-it-the-wind-is-so-good.gif

...and if PATFO fires him the Lakers will snatch him up as a "consultant" in a heartbeat. You farmers better be careful of what you with for. :downspin:

man let him go to the Lakers, so he can start AD at point guard. LeBron would be subbed out after the first 5 min of the first quarter and play under 30 min per game. He'd play Colin Castleton off the bench and tell Christian Wood "You're not ready". The senile grandpa is the most overrated coach ever.

james evans
11-15-2023, 12:06 PM
I have to admit how wrong I was.

I thought the Spurs' abysmal defense last year was a way to stealth tank, and I was sure this year's team would be far better, even without the addition of Victor.

I remember all those videos of Pop yelling at championship teams for not knowing where they were supposed to be on defense. I assumed that meant he knew where they were supposed to be.

This team is worse than last year. Like by a lot. The defense is absolutely the worst I have ever seen from a pro team. I wish I could say it's hyperbole.

And to make matters worse, they make ridiculous turnovers, run around with their backs to the inbounder, don't communicate and don't make hustle plays. They get blown out for various reasons, either because they can't generate any offense or because they can't take care of the ball. Usually they just quit trying.

Has a rookie superstar ever requested a trade? I'd be considering it if I were Victor. This team fucking sucks, and the coaching staff is 100 percent to blame for it. The game has clearly passed Popovich by.
YES!! Chris Webber won rookie of the year, led the Warriors to the playoffs and in the summer requested the trade because he didn't like Don Nelson playing him at center. The warriors eventually were rewarded the 1st pick in the 95 draft and Joe Smith didn't work out for them either. It was years before they recovered from that Webber for Gugliotta trade.