PDA

View Full Version : How many are happy for Wemby if he force his way for a trade and will not boo him when he is back as opponent in other uniforms?

spursparker9
11-26-2023, 10:30 PM
:lol

Tbh with all on-going craps...

When this happened, Poop would not need to talk over and steal the mic to tell fans to stop booing Wemby. :lol

timtonymanu
11-26-2023, 10:33 PM
Wouldn’t hate Wemby at all. He wanted to come here and it’s on the coach for not wanting to do his job properly.

Pauleta14
11-26-2023, 10:39 PM
It won't happen. Wemby isn't a quitter

playbonner15
11-26-2023, 10:40 PM

When this happened, Poop would not need to talk over and steal the mic to tell fans to stop booing Wemby. :lol
Wemby and Ausar can lead Detroit to the ECF

sfernald
11-26-2023, 10:41 PM
Can you trade a player from a gleague team to a real nba team?

Russ
11-26-2023, 10:42 PM

He'd never cut it on SpursTalk.

paperboy77
11-26-2023, 10:45 PM
That would be a scenario similar to Democrats voting for Trump instead of Biden due top a complete fubar. (As it is now.) People would absolutely turn on the Spurs... Pop wouldn't even be the target it would be who ever allowed grampa to drive the Lamborghini at 95 mph into a parked car.

Pauleta14
11-26-2023, 10:49 PM

Im really impressed by his maturity and poise. It’s not normal at his age.

Spurs are so lucky on many diff aspects

BackHome
11-26-2023, 10:53 PM
Look - THE SKY IS FALLING - THE SKY IS FALLING

buttsR4rebounding
11-27-2023, 12:02 AM
Look - THE SKY IS FALLING - THE SKY IS FALLING

Look-Pop is coaching? Pop is coaching?

Chinook
11-27-2023, 12:17 AM
If the Spurs trade Wemby at any point before 2028, they're insane. If Wemby pulled a Kawhi, I'd probably be more annoyed with him than I've ever been with Leonard. At least Leonard won shit before he pulled that nonsense.

And no, I don't think Wemby is going to ask for a trade any time soon. He knows they won't trade him, so it's only going to back him look bad. But I do hope his team is putting pressure on Pop to get him to actually coach rather than sitting there.

thiste
11-27-2023, 12:22 AM
Ain't happening.

HemisfairArena
11-27-2023, 12:32 AM
He's gonna walk after 4 years,,,,dude said he wanted to win now and the Spurs brass shit the bed. Spurs fans may boo because he left them high and dry with no compensation but Spurs will never trade him. Spurs have already wasted 25% of his contract and we're only on game 17 of year 1 of his 4 year contract,,,,we can all agree this year is a total disaster. I hope the dude walks simply for the fact that Pop deserves another blow like that to his legacy,,,,he's such an arrogant ass that he created all this anomosity among the fans,,,,

spursparker9
11-27-2023, 12:32 AM
I should change the title to "if he walk away as a FA after end of his 4 years rookie contract".

I will not blame him tbh. Especially good chance that Chet and OKC would be either WCF contenders every year or have already won multiple rings by that time.

z0sa
11-27-2023, 12:35 AM
Wemby would never force a trade. Walk as an FA ...? didn't think it'd ever be a possibility before the season.

Now, who TF knows.

stephen jackson
11-27-2023, 12:38 AM
Won’t blame him

Barfunk
11-27-2023, 12:46 AM
Hopefully he's cool with the developmental period that this squad is currently going through. If he ever requests a trade, that would be absolutely unforgivable on Pop and the front office.

I have hope that Wemby does understand this though and he's indeed along for the ride until we get better as a team. Even the all time greats like Lebron, Jordan, Steph, and KD all were on terrible teams in the beginning.

TekXX
11-27-2023, 02:10 AM
He'll serve his 4 years and then leave because the Spurs refuse to build a winner around him.

rankingtear
11-27-2023, 02:36 AM
Wemby cant walk after 4 years. This is stupid.

poopbox
11-27-2023, 11:53 AM
If the Spurs trade Wemby at any point before 2028, they're insane. If Wemby pulled a Kawhi, I'd probably be more annoyed with him than I've ever been with Leonard. At least Leonard won shit before he pulled that nonsense.

And no, I don't think Wemby is going to ask for a trade any time soon. He knows they won't trade him, so it's only going to back him look bad. But I do hope his team is putting pressure on Pop to get him to actually coach rather than sitting there.

I actually think Wemby would be more justified in leaving than Kawhi, because Pop the coach never screwed Kawhi over, while Pop the coach has done nothing but screw Wemby over.

Refusing to actually coach. Putting him on the floor with one of the worst ball handlers and passers in the nba. Stupid rotations. No regard for how well Wemby is playing when he takes him out. I think there has to be a BIG turn around in coaching in year 2 if we expect Wemby to stay here past year 4.

Bonus points for pairing Wemby with a big who sucks at almost everything like Collins does.

Rocalcio
11-27-2023, 11:59 AM

This

slick'81
11-27-2023, 12:14 PM
Lets hope hes giannis and not lebron

rjv
11-27-2023, 12:28 PM
another sky is falling ST thread

Russ
11-27-2023, 01:03 PM
another sky is falling ST thread

The sky isn't falling but there is one concerning thing that's almost never mentioned -- the many empty seats at home games.

Losing may not get to Victor but losing coupled with a perceived lack of interest by the fans might.

Every road game Wemby plays, the arena is packed with excited, anticipating fans (then the Spurs lose).

Losing and lack of support might be a double whammy that eventually could sour him on the Spurs.

Even an eternal optimist like me is somewhat concerned.

The Spurs may not be able to win a lot this year but they could damn sure do something about that situation if they really wanted to -- communicate with the holders of those primo lower bowl (almost courtside) tickets, explain the problem, and work something out, some way somehow.

MultiTroll
11-27-2023, 01:10 PM
Could you post a working example of year 5 "Qualifying offer"

Wemby accepts it and ____?
Wemby turns it down and ___?

spurs10
11-27-2023, 01:12 PM
He can't force a trade. He's here for at least 4 years, but you know that. We at least had a great game last night. Can we beat the Hawks? That's my question.

CorrectCrusader
11-27-2023, 01:24 PM

lmaooo

rjv
11-27-2023, 01:26 PM
The sky isn't falling but there is one concerning thing that's almost never mentioned -- the many empty seats at home games.

Losing may not get to Victor but losing coupled with a perceived lack of interest by the fans might.

Every road game Wemby plays, the arena is packed with excited, anticipating fans (then the Spurs lose).

Losing and lack of support might be a double whammy that eventually could sour him on the Spurs.

Even an eternal optimist like me is somewhat concerned.

The Spurs may not be able to win a lot this year but they could damn sure do something about that situation if they really wanted to -- communicate with the holders of those primo lower bowl (almost courtside) tickets, explain the problem, and work something out, some way somehow.

i'm a season ticket holder and just from looking, there are more filled seats this season. spurs are 14th in attendance this year (18,384) whereas they were 25th last season (17,293). Of the games i've been to this season, only the game against the clippers (11/20) seemed a bit sparse but even then, the upper rafters were much better than they were last season. the problem is that too many fans have placed unreasonable expectations on this season. trust vegas (who have the spurs at 29 wins this year for a reason). this team gave away a lot of assets to get future assets and a shot at a generational talent. we got the latter and now the process of evaluating what remaining assets we keep and what new ones we obtain is under way.

Sugus
11-27-2023, 01:28 PM
Creating hypothetical doomsday glasses of water to drown in :lmao

Kawhi should cover every Spurs fan's therapy sessions, tbh. We should send a petition to the league or something.

CorrectCrusader
11-27-2023, 01:49 PM
I would boo Wemby. Sorry but Loyalty is important.

Aggie Hoopsfan
11-27-2023, 02:04 PM
Holt and the other owners, even as basketball illiterate as some of them are, would bounce Pop before Wemby.

scott
11-27-2023, 02:09 PM
To answer the OP's question, regardless of how realistic such a scenario is, I would boo any player who forces a trade out or leaves on otherwise bad terms.

TDomination
11-27-2023, 02:37 PM
i don't see Wemby forcing his way out.

and we'll see how we are in year 3 competitive wise. if its still like the way it is this year then we can kiss him goodbye.

but if there is obvious progression and the team is getting better with some hope of being a real contender, then I believe he will stay.
He doesn't seem like a quitter and his legacy will only be bigger if hes able to take the crappy spurs and be part of a turnaround to make them winners again and be champions again.

The Truth #6
11-27-2023, 03:14 PM
"Never go full retard."

CapitalEmm
11-27-2023, 03:41 PM
I’d feel the same way about it as I feel about Kawhi.

Tbh I don’t blame Kawhi for wanting out and with the current clusterfuck I wouldn’t blame Wemby for wanting out either

lefty
11-28-2023, 09:51 AM
Wemby would look great in a Lakers jersey, ngl

Pauleta14
11-28-2023, 10:47 AM
How is this thread still active ffs?? :lol

MannyIsGod
11-28-2023, 11:17 AM
Some of you should not be allowed to post much less make threads.

MultiTroll
11-28-2023, 12:36 PM

100 legit thread.

Lets hope it never comes to this.
Hey aren't we coming up on 3-15?
Isn't that when Popped inserted himself in 1997?

spurraider21
11-28-2023, 12:40 PM
Spurs have a window of time to make him happy. It’s not like he’s going to sign a 1 year QO as a restricted free agent in order to force his way out after 5 years.

after his 3rd year, he will be eligible for a 5 year extension. to force his way out, he'd simply have to play out the 4th year of his rookie deal with no other guarantees, and then play on a 1 year QO with no other guarantees.

there isnt a scenario he gets moved unless he fails to develop or is consistently hurt. imo the first time he'd be a legitimate threat to leave would be if he demands a trade during that 2nd contract, and that only really becomes feasible if its basically in the last year of that deal, which is going to be somethin like 8 years away

daslicer
11-28-2023, 02:34 PM
Spurs got him for a good 7-8 years and after that he will be an unrestricted FA where anything is possible. I do think unlike Kawhi he will honor his contract and play it out. I'm just going to enjoy the next 7-8 years and whatever happens happens after it is over.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-28-2023, 05:25 PM
17 games in. That's hilarious.

GTFO, OP....GTFO