https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-nuggets-grades-17/

Better late than never, IMO.

12. :cry

Splits
11-30-2023, 08:15 AM

https://i.ibb.co/pJRBSzp/image.png

JeffDuncan
11-30-2023, 09:23 AM
I don’t know what grade it deserves, but Pop and the coaching staff in their pink shirts looked like a cartoon litter of pot bellied pigs. Spurs time outs should have been signaled by the ref pointing at the Spurs bench and yelling SOOEY!!

Maybe it’s the beginning of a new K-pop group: Pop and the Pot Bellies.

The Spurs have gone from being an organization with pride, to being an organization that has no shame, and it shows in the team’s performance on the court. Do they really not have the slightest idea how they look?

The 9:00 minute mark of the first quarter. Collins has the ball at the top of the arc. Collins looks at Victor and can’t figure out how to pass to him. Collins looks at nothing else. With nothing else that he knows to do, Collins then chucks an airball, with 15 seconds left on the shot clock.

The team plays like they really are being coached by a pot bellied pig.

Das Texan
11-30-2023, 09:31 AM
I don’t know what grade it deserves, but Pop and the coaching staff in their pink shirts looked like a cartoon litter of pot bellied pigs. Spurs time outs should have been signaled by the ref pointing at the Spurs bench and yelling SOOEY!!

The Spurs have gone from being an organization with pride, to being an organization that has no shame, and it shows in the team’s performance on the court. Do they really not have the slightest idea how they look?

The 9:00 minute mark of the first quarter. Collins has the ball at the top of the arc. Collins looks at Victor and can’t figure out how to pass to him. Collins looks at nothing else. With nothing else that he knows to do, Collins then chucks an airball, with 15 seconds left on the shot clock.

I miss seeing coaches in coat and tie to be honest and them making players wear jackets on the bench when not playing.

They are getting paid enough money, instead of saying, ya wear whatever the fuck you want, enact some fucking professional standards.

onechance87
11-30-2023, 09:40 AM
branham is a f

The Truth #6
11-30-2023, 10:06 AM

Old people don't give a fuck. It's like at the grocery store when old people are just blindly ramming into you with their shopping cart, they don't really care and they're too old to change. Pop is definitely in the twilight of his career and realizes he's not going to win another title, so I think he's just really chilled out in a way that maybe could have been useful in small doses years ago but less helpful now. That said, I don't think he's senile at all or a moron. He's just like a lot of people with a high or low IQ, he's doing very particular things that don't always make sense to anyone else. But your hatred of Pop is so pure, it's inspiring in a way, even if I don't totally get the depths of it.

rjv
11-30-2023, 12:04 PM
to be fair, zollins has no business being a starting center in this league and would likely be pretty decent off the bench. but it's been painful to watch him struggle so mightily this season.

Mugen
11-30-2023, 12:55 PM
Now way the Sniff Crew is happy with your Grades, OP :lol

If you ask them, the losing streak has no bearing on the guys' development and you just simply have to trust the Popcess :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2023, 12:55 PM
The weakness at the PG position is so painfully obvious. For a coach like Pop who loves a simple, well-oiled system like the Princeton offense, it's mind boggling that he's trying so hard to play without a quarterback out there.

onechance87
11-30-2023, 12:58 PM
The weakness at the PG position is so painfully obvious. For a coach like Pop who loves a simple, well-oiled system like the Princeton offense, it's mind boggling that he's trying so hard to play without a quarterback out there.

gotta be soft tanking

tmtcsc
11-30-2023, 01:07 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-nuggets-grades-17/

Better late than never, IMO.

12. :cry

Is it time to start grading the coaching or Pop with the assumption that he is not interested in winning? If so, he gets an A+ from me. Way to inspire the team to play without any basketball IQ or professional effort. This team is pretty friggin disgusting. The old man and his cronies need to go. They screwed this team up from the get go by not attempting to surround their 1st round pick with legit players. These fools had the blueprint with first David Robinson and then Tim Duncan.

In 50's case, we brought in Terry Cummings and Mo Cheeks. Cheeks was an asshole but T.C. was a solid vet who added experience and consistency. In Tim's case, he already had vets on the roster. He has said how important it was to come in and be surrounded by a good core.

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2023, 01:30 PM
Is it time to start grading the coaching or Pop with the assumption that he is not interested in winning? If so, he gets an A+ from me. Way to inspire the team to play without any basketball IQ or professional effort. This team is pretty friggin disgusting. The old man and his cronies need to go. They screwed this team up from the get go by not attempting to surround their 1st round pick with legit players. These fools had the blueprint with first David Robinson and then Tim Duncan.

In 50's case, we brought in Terry Cummings and Mo Cheeks. Cheeks was an asshole but T.C. was a solid vet who added experience and consistency. In Tim's case, he already had vets on the roster. He has said how important it was to come in and be surrounded by a good core.

For David's rookie year the Spurs also brought in Rod Strickland. The PG position was valued.

I said it in another thread, but the Spurs also added some vets at the center position in Caldwell Jones and Uwe Blab to mentor David. The great thing the Spurs established long ago was having veteran guys on the roster to mentor our stars. Feels like we've left Wemby on an island. Maybe we're making up for it with the coaching he's getting in practice, but I do think having veteran teammates helps a player learn how to prepare and how to think about winning. This team has no one who's experienced at winning at the NBA level. The little clip of Pop giving Wemby tips on playing with his back to the basket was cute, but that should have been David, or Tim, or a vet teammate working with him.

TrainOfThought5
11-30-2023, 01:32 PM
I miss seeing coaches in coat and tie to be honest and them making players wear jackets on the bench when not playing.

They are getting paid enough money, instead of saying, ya wear whatever the fuck you want, enact some fucking professional standards.

how old are you?

spurs10
11-30-2023, 01:53 PM
Thanks for the grades. Seems like the bench did much better than the starters minus Wemby. Keldon looks like he doesn't know how to play now that he isn't the main scorer. He's opted to not score at all. Collins was abused by Jokic which is understandable, but his shooting has been a real detriment. Ugh. The game tonight will be telling. Surely they'll fight to right the ship. I hope Vassell joins the starters.

Mugen
11-30-2023, 01:54 PM
gotta be soft tanking

They'd be a bottom 5 team even without Point Sochan, the defense is that atrocious :lol

NASpurs
11-30-2023, 02:24 PM
Now way the Sniff Crew is happy with your Grades, OP :lol

If you ask them, the losing streak has no bearing on the guys' development and you just simply have to trust the Popcess :lol

Spurs are zigging while others are zagging. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 05:48 PM
The Princeton offense? When did the Spurs ever run that, Chopper?

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 05:50 PM
how old are you?
Mark me as old, too, because I wish NFL coaches still dressed that way as well. :lol

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 05:50 PM
They'd be a bottom 5 team even without Point Sochan, the defense is that atrocious :lol

Sochan isn't the problem. Collins is.

spurraider21
11-30-2023, 05:52 PM
Sochan isn't the problem. Collins is.
Point Sochan is by far the biggest problem right now

collins being a turnstile on defense who can’t hit open shots is probably second

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 05:57 PM
Point Sochan is by far the biggest problem right now

collins being a turnstile on defense who can’t hit open shots is probably second
Not sure what you think you're missing. Sochan brings the ball up and passes it. Tre does literally the same thing. Replace Collins with Bassey.

CorrectCrusader
11-30-2023, 06:05 PM
Not sure what you think you're missing. Sochan brings the ball up and passes it. Tre does literally the same thing. Replace Collins with Bassey.
Replace Collins with Vic & Put Sochan back the 4 tre at the 1. That's how you win

spurraider21
11-30-2023, 06:43 PM
:lol

The Truth #6
11-30-2023, 06:45 PM
The weird part about starting Jeremy at point guard is that they're trying to find a place for him outside of power forward position... So they don't end up having to trade him. I hope not. Really hard to say what hypothesis they're testing out there.

z0sa
11-30-2023, 06:48 PM
I think, at this point, Pop thought Jeremy would do better. Which is inane, if true. I bet Pop might not be so forthright about his plans for Sochan this season if he could do it all over again - then he could have just called it tinkering, but he went all-in for some reason. I guess thinking it'd fire Sochan up. If we were winning, maybe, yeah. But not with this long streak. Hindsight's 20/20

Ed Helicopter Jones
11-30-2023, 06:56 PM
The Princeton offense? When did the Spurs ever run that, Chopper?

:lol I'm not saying the Spurs ever actually ran it, I just know it's one of the offensive strategies Pop's always admired. But.....it is a motion offense, so you could argue the "Beautiful Game" borrows elements of it. :)

My point really is that Pop's always admired these disciplined, well-coached schemes, and right now he's got a bunch of guys out there who look completed discombobulated and anything but crisp, fluid and polished. Young team, I get it, but a point guard who could pull things together could change the look in a hurry.

Obstructed_View
11-30-2023, 07:33 PM
Sochan is better at running point than Dejounte was at this stage. Have I said this before? Again, what do you expect? I'd be fine with Jeremy getting a break from the position because everyone is blaming him for the losing streak and it's gotta be killing his joy.