PDA

View Full Version : NBA changing MVP voting rules

ambchang
12-04-2005, 07:18 PM
http://www.nba.com/news/stupiddumbassfans.html

NEW YORK - The NBA has decided to alter the MVP voting system. The old system in which the media is responsible for voting the MVP would be abolished. The new system will be based on objective measures, namely, points scored per game.

"The old system has a lot of subjectivity to it, and has caused an unacceptable amount of bar fights," said NBA commissioner David Stern. "We see the new system to be a superior system. It is quite obvious that whoever scores more points is the most valuable. Afterall, the objective of the game was to outscore the opponents."

Superstar center Shaquille O'Neal of the Miami Heat agreed. "Last year, you had that little white Canadian guy winning the MVP scoring 15 points a game. That was embarrassing. There was no question that I was the MVP last year, look at how many points I scored"

A member of the press was asked to leave the locker room when he pointed out that Allen Iverson led the league in scoring last year, and should have been the MVP by that logic.

However, not everyone agreed with the move. George Karl, head coach of the Denver Nuggets, questioned the motives of the rule change. "I think the rule change was made to promote merchandise. There are many fairweather fans out there who likes a certain player because they score a lot. It takes knowledgable fans in the league to understand the importance of having a Marcus Camby or a Ben Wallace."

The majority of NBA fans welcome the change with open arms. A Spurs fan said, "I can't watch every single game of the Spurs, let alone all the games of the league. I am sick of arguing with the idiot beside me who thinks that there are more important things in basketball than putting the ball in the basket." When asked about Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Bill Russell, and Wes Unseld, the fan said that even though he is not familiar with soccer, he thinks "it's a cool sport."

T Park
12-04-2005, 07:23 PM
lmao

Nice.

Sense
12-04-2005, 07:32 PM
nice?^

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
Scoring the most doesn't mean MVP. If they change that shit to whoever scores the most will get MVP, that would be fucking stupid.

angel_luv
12-04-2005, 07:33 PM
You had me there for about two seconds, I am embarrased to say. LOL.

Horry For 3!
12-04-2005, 07:34 PM
Allen Iverson, Kobe Bryant, Tracy McGrady would probably win the MVP every year then because they are the top 3 in scoring (usually).

So right now, Allen Iverson is the MVP because he leads everyone in scoring. :rolleyes

xcoriate
12-04-2005, 07:39 PM
It would appear some people dont get it....

usckk
12-04-2005, 07:44 PM
Haha^

LilMissSPURfect
12-04-2005, 08:14 PM
:cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :cooldevil :eyebrows :eyebrows :eyebrows

hussker
12-04-2005, 08:21 PM
Hmm..let's analyze...MVP..Who Cares. VY will not be the Heisman Winner, but the Horns will win the NC. TD and any other Spur..not MVP, but they are the Champions. MVP? Wassup wd dat and, quite frankly (Stephen A. Smith) who cares? Bring me Larry O'Brien Trophies and a TEAM who want to win. Screw MVP... and GO BIG RED!!!

td4mvp21
12-04-2005, 09:02 PM
The majority of NBA fans welcome the change with open arms. A Spurs fan said, "I can't watch every single game of the Spurs, let alone all the games of the league. I am sick of arguing with the idiot beside me who thinks that there are more important things in basketball than putting the ball in the basket." When asked about Earvin "Magic" Johnson, Bill Russell, and Wes Unseld, the fan said that even though he is not familiar with soccer, he thinks "it's a cool sport."

:lol :lol

caŽlo
12-04-2005, 10:02 PM
haha almost got me there!

Summers
12-04-2005, 10:05 PM
You had me there for about two seconds, I am embarrased to say. LOL.

Me too! And I was about to post that I agreed with George Karl. *shudder*

TDMVPDPOY
12-04-2005, 11:52 PM
bastard guy u got me there

Horry For 3!
12-05-2005, 12:57 AM
I didn't care if it was real or not, the matter of the fact that it was stupid.

AI-square
12-05-2005, 01:41 AM
no. of points Nash scored + no. of points Nash created > no. of points Shaq scored + no. of points Shaq created

sanman53
12-05-2005, 11:01 AM
The only believable piece about this article is the Shaq quote. It sounds like something he would say.

TOP-CHERRY
12-05-2005, 11:09 AM
http://www.nba.com/news/stupiddumbassfans.html

lilmads
12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
^
:lol
exactly what i was goin to point out!

polandprzem
12-05-2005, 11:48 AM
Thats why Iver is putting big numbers in garbage.

Kobe shooting like insane....

They knew the rule before it was even put to the pulbic infomation. Damn why the spurs organization didn't knew about it?

Ps. :lol Thats rigfht TOP_CHERRY the sites address plus 2 sentences makes it :lol

spurs_fan_in_exile
12-05-2005, 11:51 AM
I might have bought this article if it weren't for the fact that the it had George Karl saying something sensible. I knew it was a fake right there.

Rydia
12-05-2005, 06:18 PM
The only believable piece about this article is the Shaq quote. It sounds like something he would say.
hahaha

That's why I believed it...dumb Shaq....

That was good...I got a little worried

Mr. Defense
12-05-2005, 06:25 PM
just let each coach have a vote and they cannot vote for anyone on their team.

pretty simple. :tu