PDA

View Full Version : Good news thread

CorrectCrusader
12-12-2023, 09:31 AM
Share what good news the spurs have to look forward to, I'll start.

Alexandre Sarr and Wemby front court is gonna be legendary for a long time!

spursparker9
12-12-2023, 09:32 AM
Look forward to Pop retirement

Das Texan
12-12-2023, 09:42 AM
Only 60 some odd games left in this season.

MVPCues
12-12-2023, 09:44 AM
The team will be in the lottery again and be better next year.

spursparker9
12-12-2023, 09:48 AM
I guess it will be 0-21 if we did not manage to draft Wemby and end up with Miller, Henderson or the Thompson twin :lol

K...
12-12-2023, 09:51 AM
Dallas coyboys are playing well, longhorns might win the ncaa in FB and W volleyball,

exstatic
12-12-2023, 10:46 AM

Not that font of Sarr. He's not really a 4 at all, so we're drafting a backup C at the top of the draft? He also did crappy in the gleague last year, and isn't exactly lighting up the NBL. I'm much more team Risacher.

tim_duncan_fan
12-12-2023, 11:07 AM
The team will be in the lottery again and be better next year.

lmao sounds like we have heard this one before

slick'81
12-12-2023, 11:09 AM
We have wemby and thats about it

TrainOfThought5
12-12-2023, 11:14 AM

mid you say it enough times eventually it has to become true!

Fireball
12-12-2023, 11:15 AM
I guess it will be 0-21 if we did not manage to draft Wemby and end up with Miller, Henderson or the Thompson twin :lol

without Wemby we would not have a bullseye on our back ... Spurs would get more surprise wins like they did last season

Mugen
12-12-2023, 11:34 AM
My Dodgers got Ohtani tbh.

MultiTroll
12-12-2023, 11:37 AM
Taylor Swift invites boy with leukemia to ACM Awards (today.com) (https://www.today.com/news/taylor-swift-invites-boy-leukemia-acm-awards-220974)

The kid is stoked.

MVPCues
12-12-2023, 12:21 PM

I hear you. I can't help but feel like this is another tank year. One poster summed it up when he described that it looks like players are trying to impress or make the team. I don't think there is a real effort to coach for wins right now. I think it is a coach to test individuals and see what can be squeezed out of people and figure out who will stay and who will go while giving Wemby learning experience. I think the team goal is to tank and draft a PG this year.

Robz4000
12-12-2023, 12:25 PM

And they'll still choke in the playoffs tbh.

MultiTroll
12-12-2023, 01:10 PM
Hey lets keep this thread positive.

Dave Robertsovich might get 5 more HOFers and win a Chip.

Robz4000
12-12-2023, 01:11 PM
Hey lets keep this thread positive.

Dave Robertsovich might get 5 more HOFers and win a Chip.

:lol I'm a Padres fan so them choking is good news for me

SouthernFryd
12-12-2023, 01:15 PM
The Spurs? There is NO bad news. They are all multi millionaires.

The fans? The weather is great!

heyheymymy
12-12-2023, 01:52 PM
Look forward to Pop retirement

:cry

heyheymymy
12-12-2023, 02:03 PM
Good news:

Spurs won the fucking lottery and got wemby!

Wemby is healthy and reliable, only missed 1 game through a quarter of the season and it was just rest on a back to back

Wemby is who we thought he was. Looking like the real deal especially on defense

Dev leveled up and could be a key piece on an eventual contender

Spurs have padded Ls for another high value draft pick and several talented prospects await Spurs expected selection range

Hall of Fame coaching and meticulous front office loaded with cap space, available mins and future draft capital to custom design the future talent roster special tailored to wemby's game

The future is bright for Spurs fans so keep watching, dry your tears, pull your diapers up, and be patient like a real true fan.

$pursDynasty
12-12-2023, 02:04 PM

Is he a better fit than Isaiah Collier PG USC? Your post had me wondering who is coming out next year and Collier and Sarr were at the top of the list. Sarr a 7-1 center to protect Wemby but Collier is an elite pass first PG so I was intrigued.

heyheymymy
12-12-2023, 02:08 PM

I feel so sorry for DodgersTalk members

RIP

Splits
12-12-2023, 02:13 PM
The Lakers play in Dallas tonight and are on a b2b, 3 in 4 days on the road.

exstatic
12-12-2023, 02:15 PM
Is he a better fit than Isaiah Collier PG USC? Your post had me wondering who is coming out next year and Collier and Sarr were at the top of the list. Sarr a 7-1 center to protect Wemby but Collier is an elite pass first PG so I was intrigued.

Collier does one thing: barrel to the hoop. His passing is awful, and his shooting, not much better. That combination is bad for a guard.

Mugen
12-12-2023, 03:24 PM

Probably but at least I get to watch Ohtani tbh.

baseline bum
12-12-2023, 05:44 PM
Probably but at least I get to watch Ohtani tbh.

Can't believe he deferred all but $20 million to 2034-43 without interest. Dodgers got him way below his market value. I get taking less to ensure you have a team around you after all the losing he suffered in Anaheim but never seen anyone take a paycut like that. Hopefully the Dodgers can pull Yamamoto too now.

spurraider21
12-12-2023, 05:52 PM
i guess the good news is Bassey doesnt have to play in this shit anymore this year

Raven
12-12-2023, 05:53 PM
they aren't as bas as they are currently playing.

spurraider21
12-12-2023, 05:57 PM
they aren't as bas as they are currently playing.
https://i.gyazo.com/775d4177ac261e9a42fedaebc76d6616.png

offset formation
12-12-2023, 06:07 PM
Not that font of Sarr. He's not really a 4 at all, so we're drafting a backup C at the top of the draft? He also did crappy in the gleague last year, and isn't exactly lighting up the NBL. I'm much more team Risacher.

This is going to be exhausting if we have to start arguing over who is better before the calendar has even flipped. Most definitely not good news.

Mugen
12-12-2023, 06:16 PM
Can't believe he deferred all but $20 million to 2034-43 without interest. Dodgers got him way below his market value. I get taking less to ensure you have a team around you after all the losing he suffered in Anaheim but never seen anyone take a paycut like that. Hopefully the Dodgers can pull Yamamoto too now.

It's insane. Baseball is so broken tbh. I think the Dodgers are going to paying a combined 80mil to Ohtani and Betts when they're like 55 :lol

spurraider21
12-12-2023, 06:18 PM
It's insane. Baseball is so broken tbh. I think the Dodgers are going to paying a combined 80mil to Ohtani and Betts when they're like 55 :lol
the deferments are funny as fuck

in the nba we talk about how lebron leaves teams in shit condition since he basically orders them to trade all assets for vets to help win now, then he leaves and the team is stuck with crusty vets and no real future plan.

the deferments are the same thing. shoh doesnt care about fucking over dodgers future budgets :lol

baseline bum
12-12-2023, 06:30 PM
the deferments are funny as fuck

in the nba we talk about how lebron leaves teams in shit condition since he basically orders them to trade all assets for vets to help win now, then he leaves and the team is stuck with crusty vets and no real future plan.

the deferments are the same thing. shoh doesnt care about fucking over dodgers future budgets :lol

Ohtani taking a big paycut without interest is nothing but an enormous positive for the Dodgers. It's not like it's going to count against their luxury tax number in 2034-43, it counts now as like $38 million a season for the next 10 years.

baseline bum
12-12-2023, 06:33 PM

IDGAF, NBA is so broken at the expense of the Spurs so nice to at least see MLB broken in favor of my favorite team. Especially now being led by a Japanese legend (big branch of my family tree is from Hachinohe and other parts of Aomori, sue me for cheering for Japanese players :lol).

Mugen
12-12-2023, 06:41 PM
IDGAF, NBA is so broken at the expense of the Spurs so nice to at least see MLB broken in favor of my favorite team. Especially now being led by a Japanese legend (big branch of my family tree is from Hachinohe and other parts of Aomori, sue me for cheering for Japanese players :lol).

Yeah I'm not complaining too much :lol

Just need Friedman to reel in Yamamoto and we're good

poopbox
12-12-2023, 06:41 PM
Only 60 some odd games left in this season.

Going to do it all over again next season tbh.

baseline bum
12-12-2023, 06:44 PM
Yeah I'm not complaining too much :lol

Just need Friedman to reel in Yamamoto and we're good

Waiting for Yamamoto to sign for free and then Ohtani pays him $40 million a year out of his own endorsements. :lol

spurraider21
12-12-2023, 06:48 PM
nomo and ishii werent enough for you?

offset formation
12-12-2023, 06:50 PM

They're going to have to crack down on this ish. Bunch of BS.

baseline bum
12-12-2023, 06:54 PM
nomo and ishii werent enough for you?

Became a Dodger fan mostly because of watching guys like Pedro Martinez and Mike Piazza back when they were in double-A when the SA Missions were a Dodger farm team, but also because I got to watch a couple innings of a Missions game hanging out with Sandy Koufax when I was a kid. Then of course living in LA and getting to go to the games for years later on.

CGD
12-12-2023, 07:49 PM
Victor Wembanyama. That is all

gambit1990
12-12-2023, 08:00 PM
the spurs will go on a nine game winning streak.

after they trade for siakam and sign cp3 when he agrees to being bought out by the warriors.

weebo
12-12-2023, 08:38 PM
the spurs will go on a nine game winning streak.

after they trade for siakam and sign cp3 when he agrees to being bought out by the warriors.

and then spurfan will bitch and moan that pop and rc should be fired because we're winning too much and screwing up our chance at drafting in the top 3

Thomas82
12-13-2023, 12:32 AM

I cosign this 100%.

FuzzyLumpkins
12-13-2023, 07:41 AM
:lol thee defense is better but that is mitigated by the offense looking like they hhave done zero work towards a cohesive effort. Dribbling is an issue.

John B
12-13-2023, 08:04 AM
Good news:

Spurs won the fucking lottery and got wemby!

Wemby is healthy and reliable, only missed 1 game through a quarter of the season and it was just rest on a back to back

Wemby is who we thought he was. Looking like the real deal especially on defense

Dev leveled up and could be a key piece on an eventual contender

Spurs have padded Ls for another high value draft pick and several talented prospects await Spurs expected selection range

Hall of Fame coaching and meticulous front office loaded with cap space, available mins and future draft capital to custom design the future talent roster special tailored to wemby's game

The future is bright for Spurs fans so keep watching, dry your tears, pull your diapers up, and be patient like a real true fan.

Experimenting Sochan at PG developed more his ballhandling and passing skills, also overall play and bball iq, while “tanking” for high draft pick

Wemby is who Spurs fan envisioned him to be and more. His maturity is beyond his years and he understands that it’s a long process instead of getting swept by the circus media. He has the perfect composure and says the right things. Wemby is the perfect guy both as a player and personality to rebuild.

The Spurs fans should feel lucky that the Spurs PATFO is who they got to make sure the rebuild will be implemented properly, not succumbing to pressure of meaningless wins but slowly but surely developing. Any other coach would be pressure to prove himself now, and not the long-term success of the franchise. The Spurs are facing a possibility of drafting 2 lottery picks and not just one, to surround Wemby in years to come, instead of signing older Vets to help win but are not on the same timeline.

I watch not for the record but to see individual plays. And come draft day, Spurs will yet again adding lottery picks. GSG!

CorrectCrusader
12-13-2023, 02:51 PM
I'd like to add that our draft picks this year are gonna be great. We could get a big & pointguard for the future. Maybe even get Zacharie & a pg if Wemby is our center of the future.

offset formation
12-13-2023, 03:05 PM

He's making every bit of $40+ million off the field in advertising dollars alone. This is no paycut. If anything all he's done is increase his off field income by raising his stature by playing for a team that doesn't have to pay him they can spend like drunken sailors now likely winning multiple rings and becoming even more of a demand/draw for other outside endeavors.

lefty
12-13-2023, 03:09 PM
Victor hasn't left the Spurs yet

Brazil
12-13-2023, 03:34 PM
Victor hasn't left the Spurs yet

:lol

rascal
12-13-2023, 03:41 PM
Spurs will be winning more games moving forward with Wemby at center.

RC_Drunkford
12-13-2023, 04:55 PM
The Spurs fans should feel lucky that the Spurs PATFO is who they got to make sure the rebuild will be implemented properly, not succumbing to pressure of meaningless wins but slowly but surely developing. Any other coach would be pressure to prove himself now, and not the long-term success of the franchise. The Spurs are facing a possibility of drafting 2 lottery picks and not just one, to surround Wemby in years to come, instead of signing older Vets to help win but are not on the same timeline.

I watch not for the record but to see individual plays. And come draft day, Spurs will yet again adding lottery picks. GSG!

the smell of those seats gotta be strong

pad300
12-13-2023, 05:01 PM
He's making every bit of $40+ million off the field in advertising dollars alone. This is no paycut. If anything all he's done is increase his off field income by raising his stature by playing for a team that doesn't have to pay him they can spend like drunken sailors now likely winning multiple rings and becoming even more of a demand/draw for other outside endeavors.

You might want to consider the possible implications of inflation. Even at 2%, deferring things 10 years is like getting 80 cents on the dollar. I don't think inflation is going back to 2% anytime soon...

Allan Rowe vs Wade
12-13-2023, 06:56 PM

Lacist tbh