PDA

View Full Version : Draymond suspended indefinitely

exstatic
12-14-2023, 07:24 AM
All over YouTube and social media. About fucking time.

Raven
12-14-2023, 07:32 AM
they are gonna give him counseling... lmao woke agenda strikes again. The nba keeps on acting as if it needs to protect its players, acting as if it is not a competition. Getting suspended IS part of the competition, you are influencing the end result by trying to fix an asshole.

exstatic
12-14-2023, 07:47 AM
He has problems that go beyond basketball. You don’t leave such things alone.

CGD
12-14-2023, 08:04 AM
He used up all his good will. This was overdue. Something if off with him this season. Maybe seeing his own basketball mortality?

exstatic
12-14-2023, 08:08 AM
He used up all his good will. This was overdue. Something if off with him this season. Maybe seeing his own basketball mortality?

There was a YouTube with Barkley where he says this very thing. Barkley admitted that his last two seasons, he was bad, and that led to him becoming a dirty player.

baseline bum
12-14-2023, 09:07 AM
Who could have ever guessed this would happen again when Silver basically endorsed his choke of Gobert by only giving him 5 games for that dangerous assault? No way this sucker punch on Nurkic should get him any less than 30 games, and honestly I'd lean towards suspending him for the rest of the season.

lebomb
12-14-2023, 09:10 AM
Dis niggra Draymond picks and choses who he wants to get physical with. I havent seen him have an issue with someone that can buck up to him like Steven Adams, Zion Williamson, Dillon Brooks, or Dwight Howard. Dis niggra is like a wife abuser. Picks on the weaker. :rolleyes

Mugen
12-14-2023, 09:42 AM
:lol deflection post

sfernald
12-14-2023, 09:45 AM
Could we get him cheap onto the spurs? Maybe his dirty game would help teach the kids here how not to lose every single game?

daslicer
12-14-2023, 09:54 AM
Dis niggra Draymond picks and choses who he wants to get physical with. I havent seen him have an issue with someone that can buck up to him like Steven Adams, Zion Williamson, Dillon Brooks, or Dwight Howard. Dis niggra is like a wife abuser. Picks on the weaker. :rolleyes

He punked Steven Adams a bunch of times. He kicked him more than once in the nuts during the playoffs and Adams did nothing.

Splits
12-14-2023, 10:02 AM

He's racist. He's always punching or stomping whites. And yes, Gobert counts as white even though his dad is from Guadeloupe.

SAGirl
12-14-2023, 10:12 AM
About time.

The Truth #6
12-14-2023, 10:17 AM
Targets non-American players? I don't remember his full suspension history, but kind of seems that way. The indefinite suspension is interesting, makes me feel like they want to make him beg or show some sort of contrition to be able to play again, as in, if he begs and does the right optics, he will eventually come back.

Rocalcio
12-14-2023, 10:35 AM
Could we get him cheap onto the spurs? Maybe his dirty game would help teach the kids here how not to lose every single game?

Thanks but no thanks, seeing him in Silver and Black would be a nightmare

lefty
12-14-2023, 10:38 AM
He punked Steven Adams a bunch of times. He kicked him more than once in the nuts during the playoffs and Adams did nothing.
He hasn't tried his luck with Westbrook

He probably saw how Westbrook retaliated against that POS Pachulia and said 'hell no" :lol

lefty
12-14-2023, 10:40 AM
I'm a fan of Marcus Morris now tbh :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJdflh4uIb0

John B
12-14-2023, 10:44 AM
I’m just happy this thing is imploding. Such bunch of brats when they were winning. I’m happy if they don’t tie Timmy’s ring count, or the best trio.

daslicer
12-14-2023, 10:45 AM
He hasn't tried his luck with Westbrook

He probably saw how Westbrook retaliated against that POS Pachulia and said 'hell no" :lol

Westbrook is big for a guard and has quick reflexes pair that with crazy energy would make him a challenge in a fight. Draymond doesn't want to take on that challenge.

lefty
12-14-2023, 10:51 AM
Westbrook is big for a guard and has quick reflexes pair that with crazy energy would make him a challenge in a fight. Draymond doesn't want to take on that challenge.
I think it's more about one standing up for himself

Adams did nothing the 1st time so Dray kicked him a 2nd tine :lol

Draymond tried to punk Mitchell, Mitchell went after him even though he is smaller, they were separated but Donkey never bothered him after that,

He is a fake tough guy

lebomb
12-14-2023, 11:24 AM
Draymond would NEVER pull that shiat on Demarcus Cousins :lol

:claw

exstatic
12-14-2023, 11:48 AM
Draymond would NEVER pull that shiat on Demarcus Cousins :lol

:claw

Don't confuse bluster with toughness. Boogie is nothing but a big mama's boy, more of a whiner than anything else.

spurs10
12-14-2023, 12:11 PM

Adams is a class act and doesn't stoop to that childish bullshit. Doubt he fears him.

Seventyniner
12-14-2023, 12:27 PM
Too bad Draymond and Artest's careers didn't intersect. They would have gotten each other suspended for multiple seasons.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2023, 01:25 PM
Draymond would have gotten his ass kicked in the 80's and early 90's. Had he played around teams like the bad boy Pistons they would have annihilated him. He's technically a punk that bullies now that the league is soft. He'd of been pancaked back in the day.

But yeah, three ejections in his last 28 or so games played, so something needed to be done. He didn't even do a good job faking the "accidental" contact with Nurkic. At least be a man...that was punk on Draymond's part, even for him.

Extra Stout
12-14-2023, 01:32 PM
So I guess in retrospect Andre Iguodala was essentially a player-coach for GSW, and with him gone Steve Kerr has no control over his team.

lefty
12-14-2023, 01:35 PM
Draymond would have gotten his ass kicked in the 80's and early 90's. Had he played around teams like the bad boy Pistons they would have annihilated him. He's technically a punk that bullies now that the league is soft. He'd of been pancaked back in the day.

But yeah, three ejections in his last 28 or so games played, so something needed to be done. He didn't even do a good job faking the "accidental" contact with Nurkic. At least be a man...that was punk on Draymond's part, even for him.

The Pistons only had 3 guys who could retaliate , Mahorn, Edwards and a few years later Darell Walker
Laimbeer and Rodman were just instigators and cheap shot artists

80s-90s NBA had tons of fake tough guys , let's not romanticize the past :lol

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2023, 01:38 PM
So I guess in retrospect Andre Iguodala was essentially a player-coach for GSW, and with him gone Steve Kerr has no control over his team.

Apparently Curry doesn't command the same sort of respect with Green that Jordan did with Rodman. The only time Rodman kept his idiocy in check in his career is when he played with the Bulls, and early on with the Pistons. Dennis feared the true alphas like MJ. Draymond must not respect his teammates too much.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-14-2023, 01:43 PM
The Pistons only had 3 guys who could retaliate , Mahorn, Edwards and a few years later Darell Walker
Laimbeer and Rodman were just instigators and cheap shot artists

80s-90s NBA had tons of fake tough guys , let's not romanticize the past :lol

Draymond's antics would have been a side note in that era. Someone got punched or tackled almost every night. The only reason Draymond is as newsworthy as he is is that the league is all about trading jerseys and kissing after games now. That era at least still embraced some rivalries. I remember Gervin talking about how much they hated certain teams. It's true that basketball players historically haven't been true tough guys like you'd get from, say, hockey, but the past was definitely more fun from the perspective of guys getting amped up for certain games, and aggression wasn't as taboo as it is now.

lefty
12-14-2023, 01:46 PM
Someone got punched or tackled almost every night. .
According to highlight compilations, yes

But no, nobody was getting assaulted every night in the NBA back then
They also called a lot of soft fouls and flopping was already a thing

But I do agree on the lack of rivalries today, back in the days a regular season game between Pacers and Knicks at MSG generated a buzz

ambchang
12-14-2023, 02:44 PM
Apparently Curry doesn't command the same sort of respect with Green that Jordan did with Rodman. The only time Rodman kept his idiocy in check in his career is when he played with the Bulls, and early on with the Pistons. Dennis feared the true alphas like MJ. Draymond must not respect his teammates too much.

Rodman said on record that it was Daly and KFC.

lefty
12-14-2023, 03:31 PM
Rodman said on record that it was Daly and KFC.
Yep it was Daly and KFC , they were good ego managers tbh

Jordan was great but his fans want us to believe he made Pippen (lol), he handled Rodman, etc
They probably think he invented basketball while he was walking on water

Spurs Homer
12-14-2023, 08:16 PM
Don't fall for this "indefinite" garbage...

Dumars and Green are good friends and this is a smokescreen to help out the warriors and play it by ear if the warriors can stay in the hunt - then Green will be unleashed again and will absolutely return to his cowardly dirty play -

if the warriors tank then maybe Dumars and the NBA will run a pr campaign to rehab the donkey

Dex
12-14-2023, 09:09 PM
Don't fall for this "indefinite" garbage...

Dumars and Green are good friends and this is a smokescreen to help out the warriors and play it by ear if the warriors can stay in the hunt - then Green will be unleashed again and will absolutely return to his cowardly dirty play -

if the warriors tank then maybe Dumars and the NBA will run a pr campaign to rehab the donkey

I'd still be surprised if he is suspended for less than 10 games.

NBA already set the precedent during his last suspension by saying his past transgressions were taken into consideration, and that was only 5 games for literally trying to choke a dude out on national television.

During that suspension, Dray went on his podcast and said he didn't care and he's still just gonna do what he does. He actually tried to play it like he was the victim.

Then less than 6 games back, he commits another violent act and gets ejected again. So obviously, he isn't getting the message.

I know Adam Silver doesn't have any balls, but the NBA almost has to make an example of him at this point.

SpursBills
12-14-2023, 09:56 PM
I'd still be surprised if he is suspended for less than 10 games.

NBA already set the precedent during his last suspension by saying his past transgressions were taken into consideration, and that was only 5 games for literally trying to choke a dude out on national television.

During that suspension, Dray went on his podcast and said he didn't care and he's still just gonna do what he does. He actually tried to play it like he was the victim.

Then less than 6 games back, he commits another violent act and gets ejected again. So obviously, he isn't getting the message.

I know Adam Silver doesn't have any balls, but the NBA almost has to make an example of him at this point.

I agree with this. At some point it becomes a liability issue for the league. If he does something that causes serious long term injury to a player, the league could be on the hook as being negligent and open itself up to massive lawsuit if it's proven to have known about all of draymond's issues while continuously giving him slaps on the wrist. Even from a legal standpoint, the league needs to protect itself from that and at least give the appearance that it's sending a message.

Tyronn Lue
12-15-2023, 01:31 AM
Just Draymond trying to get out of playing for the majority of a losing season. Looks like it earned him a lot of "Draymond needs to get help" sentiment, at least publicly.
Adam Silver needs to Tony Soprano someone to show he means business. Right now folks are walking all over him.

NameLess Scrub
12-15-2023, 07:23 AM
Draymond has been a dirty player for a long time. The Warriors organization, NBA and media have all been enablers of his behavior by being so soft and “understanding” to him. He’s not a tough guy or a fighter, he’s a cheap shot taker.

I don’t and nobody should care if the team was winning. He’s been putting other people’s health and livelihood at risk and going off of what playing basketball is. Players like him should be rigorously punished and kicked off the league when it’s clear their behavior continues.

if he actually needs therapy, find it it early as part of the corrective process.

NameLess Scrub
12-15-2023, 07:29 AM
I agree with this. At some point it becomes a liability issue for the league. If he does something that causes serious long term injury to a player, the league could be on the hook as being negligent and open itself up to massive lawsuit if it's proven to have known about all of draymond's issues while continuously giving him slaps on the wrist. Even from a legal standpoint, the league needs to protect itself from that and at least give the appearance that it's sending a message.

Correct. I don’t see how it’s been so hard for them or taken them so long. It would easily demonstrable that his actions are aggressive and unnecessary and that the authorities involved knew and didn’t do enough.

All the “challenges he faces”, “needs help” talk is also irritating. It’s probably true, but it seems intended to continue caressing his back after all his violent behavior.

This is without mentioning his constant screaming to the refs.

exstatic
12-15-2023, 07:36 AM
Just Draymond trying to get out of playing for the majority of a losing season. Looks like it earned him a lot of "Draymond needs to get help" sentiment, at least publicly.
Adam Silver needs to Tony Soprano someone to show he means business. Right now folks are walking all over him.

He doesn’t get paid. I calculate Ja’s suspension, and he lost about $10M for his 25 game suspension. There’s some thought that Draymonds could be that long. Even if it isn’t that long, and he doesn’t make as much, it’s still millions. You don’t do that to take a break in the middle of the season.

buttsR4rebounding
12-15-2023, 08:10 AM
I can see it now. He gets suspended for 25 games and the woke crowd starts complaining that Bridges beat on a woman and got 10 games. Are NBA players more important than women? Of course, we all know the answer to that...

The Truth #6
12-15-2023, 12:07 PM
I still think it's dependent on how much Draymond apologizes through the media. In the end, it's all about PR and optics.

Tyronn Lue
12-15-2023, 12:19 PM
I still think it's dependent on how much Draymond apologizes through the media. In the end, it's all about PR and optics.
The suspension got more widespread press than the incident. The incident would have gone by pretty fast if Draymond only got a slap on the wrist.

TimmyBuckets
12-15-2023, 05:27 PM
An amazing defender that was a core part of a historic franchise, but will be remembered as a donkey.