PDA

View Full Version : If Pop is trying to get all of our players to playmake, Vassell should be the top priority.

CorrectCrusader
12-20-2023, 12:32 PM
Vassell is a very bad playmaker and every game it gets more and more obvious.
I'm not sure why Pop decided Sochan needed the playmaker experience when it would suit Vassell much better and would have a larger impact on the team.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-20-2023, 01:09 PM
I'm firmly convinced we have a grand total of one starter on a championship caliber team. Our 3 plus years of rebuild so far only seem to land a quality starter when the pick is obvious....like say picking number one when there is a generational talent available.

I'm not sold on our ability to build through the draft because of how we've drafted the last few years. Our scouts must not be doing their work these days.

Ed Helicopter Jones
12-20-2023, 01:09 PM
https://s.abcnews.com/images/US/super-bowl-nap1_hpMain_4x5_608.jpg

Spurs' scouts hard at work.

NASpurs
12-20-2023, 01:24 PM
I'm firmly convinced we have a grand total of one starter on a championship caliber team. Our 3 plus years of rebuild so far only seem to land a quality starter when the pick is obvious....like say picking number one when there is a generational talent available.

I'm not sold on our ability to build through the draft because of how we've drafted the last few years. Our scouts must not be doing their work these days.

Truth bombs all around.

CorrectCrusader
12-20-2023, 01:26 PM

Could have Sengun and Haliburton on this squad rn
I sleep

bluebellmaniac
12-20-2023, 06:31 PM
Could have Sengun and Haliburton on this squad rn
I sleep

Could have bought Bitcoin for $0.002 a share, but I'm not belly-aching about it all over the interwebs. Just move forward.

Sugus
12-20-2023, 06:34 PM
Count me in for a Vassell at PG stretch, tbh. If you're losing, might as well spice it up. Wemby at PG? :lol

Tyronn Lue
12-20-2023, 07:11 PM
Yall funny.

Spurs lose in 1st round consecutive years: "blow it up already"
Spurs blow it up and suck like a blown up team sucks: "we need to at least build to make the playoffs"

Obstructed_View
12-21-2023, 11:18 AM
Worst, most unwilling passer on the team.

ST: LetS MAke hIM PoINt GuARd lol

z0sa
12-21-2023, 11:25 AM
Vassell is Kobe-lite if I ever saw one. Thing is, Kobe COULD be an epic passer. He just didn’t want to.

Vassell truly has no court vision at all.

MultiTroll
12-21-2023, 11:32 AM
Can we make him cut that Tweedle Dee thing on top of his head while we're at it?

Tyronn Lue
12-21-2023, 01:22 PM

Worked for Tony Parker :lol

Obstructed_View
12-21-2023, 01:28 PM
Worked for Tony Parker :lol
Professional point guard for several years before being drafted. Never played a second of his career at any other position.

10/10 take. Two thumbs up.

bluebellmaniac
12-21-2023, 01:52 PM
The beautiful game is coming back. Fire your shots at Pop, but once to he pieces are in place, it's Pop who'll be laughing then.

CorrectCrusader
12-21-2023, 04:48 PM

I mean not like we're winning anyway

Chomag
12-21-2023, 05:55 PM
If Spurs truly want to keep building through the draft then they need to start trading about everybody for pics (non of this "We like what we have" crap. The only untradable player on this team should be wemby.

spurraider21
12-21-2023, 06:00 PM

think the idea is to play him at PG to force him into a role where he has to look to make passes and make that part of his game

TimDunkem
12-22-2023, 12:47 PM

Like with most subjects regarding this team, the Spurs are coasting off of reputation and the rest of the NBA world has yet to catch on.

Obstructed_View
12-22-2023, 01:40 PM
Like with most subjects regarding this team, the Spurs are coasting off of reputation and the rest of the NBA world has yet to catch on.
Every passing day just adds to my certainty of Tim Duncan's greatness. In a parallel universe, Rick Pitino has the all-time wins record to go with his nine rings.

SouthernFryd
12-24-2023, 02:32 PM
Good post. And you're correct.

If POP was still a good coach, he would be telling Vassell "If you don't get 8 assists in this game, you'll be sitting next game" You think Vassell would find Wemby then? lol, damn right he would.

Of course, with millions in the bank, Vassell might have no problem at all sitting and not putting wear on his body so he can enjoy his millions. No problem at all. That's the character of this team. "I'm a millionaire now...I don't give a shit."

Including the coach.