PDA

View Full Version : Grades: Spurs @ Mavs - Dec. 23, 2023

timvp
12-25-2023, 11:30 PM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2023-spurs-mavericks-grades-28/

Merry Christmas, my people. :tu

SPURt
12-25-2023, 11:52 PM
Merry Christmas timvp! Thanks for the grades!

MultiTroll
12-26-2023, 12:02 AM
Thanks for working it out over the holiday.

venitian navigator
12-26-2023, 04:35 AM
What's happening in halftime? Good question... My answer? Somebody tells the team to remember that this season is not supposed to be a winning one... Maybe I'm too malicious but frankly, while I can understand the offendive struggles (expecially with a total new game plan to put around our wonderful rookie) I can't explain differently the lack of defense and effort in most games. .. I. Ho this team has the personnel for a 40 wins season... But their goal is to finish with a less than 20 wins record...

tbdog
12-26-2023, 04:57 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on Johnson off the bench. Do you think that's where he belongs?

bluebellmaniac
12-26-2023, 05:08 AM
What's happening in halftime? Good question... My answer? Somebody tells the team to remember that this season is not supposed to be a winning one... Maybe I'm too malicious but frankly, while I can understand the offendive struggles (expecially with a total new game plan to put around our wonderful rookie) I can't explain differently the lack of defense and effort in most games. .. I. Ho this team has the personnel for a 40 wins season... But their goal is to finish with a less than 20 wins record...

Less than 10 wins would be better.

spurraider21
12-26-2023, 08:36 AM
Happy holidays

ambchang
12-26-2023, 11:24 AM
Merry Christmas.

Mugen
12-26-2023, 11:24 AM
-His franchise costing him a ROY award that I know he cares about a lot
-His head coach embarrassing himself during the middle of a game screaming at the home crowd
-Equipment team spelling his name wrong
-Some random ballboy injuring him during warmups

:lol jesus christ, I know I'm biased because I live in LA and understand why so many young athletes want to be in the best market in the world. But man the Spurs just feel like a second rate organization through and through. Get out of that clown show as soon as you can, Vic.

Mugen
12-26-2023, 11:25 AM
Oh, Merry Christmas :lol

wildbill2u
12-26-2023, 11:54 AM
What's everyone's thoughts on Johnson off the bench. Do you think that's where he belongs?

Should have been a off the bench energy player from the get go. However, I will admit to a few moments this season where I briefly thought he was getting it at last as it seemed he realized for the first time there were things he could do like rebound, pass and defend.

spurraider21
12-26-2023, 12:50 PM
i like the idea of keldon off the bench though im not sure Champagne is capable of being competent in his place on a full time basis

rjv
12-26-2023, 01:00 PM
thanks for all that you do and a belated merry christmas!

Splits
12-26-2023, 01:02 PM
Merry Christmas.

Sochan:

B

poopbox
12-26-2023, 01:11 PM

What's happening is other teams not named the spurs don't have the worst coach in basketball, so at halftime they go in and they say "the spurs have been successful at blah blah blah in the 1st half and this is how we are going to try and stop it" and that teams tends to execute that gameplan. The spurs DO have the worst coach in basketball, so Pop isn't really capable of making any adjustments halfway through a game because, well, he isn't good at coaching basketball.

It shouldn't be lost on people that the ONLY game we have won in our last 20 is against the Lakers, who have a coach that everyone bemoans as being one of the worst in the league at making adjustments. Pop could only get a win against a coach who is ALMOST as bad as adjusting to a game as it happens as he is.

spurs10
12-26-2023, 02:16 PM
Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays. I've gotten to where I don't even watch the third quarter and never has that paid off quite as nicely as this game. It's just the same old thing, to where I do wonder if there is someone telling them to play horribly or we might win, as someone suggested. I also don't think tonight will be easy, as Jazz is playing much better. Maybe if Wemby is back and has a strong game.

spurraider21
12-26-2023, 02:19 PM
oh man, mamu got hit with the "heady passes" note

NASpurs
12-26-2023, 03:04 PM
Merry Christmas.

Sochan:

B

It's hit meme levels now :lol