PDA

View Full Version : Coach Appreciation Thread

Mugen
01-12-2024, 11:52 AM
https://static01.nyt.com/images/2024/01/08/multimedia/BELICHICK-STYLE-qhvk/BELICHICK-STYLE-qhvk-articleLarge.jpg?quality=75&auto=webp&disable=upscale

MultiTroll
01-12-2024, 12:22 PM
https://i1.wp.com/theklowntimes.net/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/tim-duncan-5-championships.jpg?fit=700%2C699&ssl=1

baseline bum
01-12-2024, 12:56 PM
Gotta give Pop props for making the obvious adjustment we have all been calling for since November and low and behold the Spurs look like an NBA team when they play a point guard.

spurraider21
01-12-2024, 02:19 PM
Gotta give Pop props for making the obvious adjustment we have all been calling for since November and low and behold the Spurs look like an NBA team when they play a point guard.

TekXX
01-12-2024, 02:20 PM
I can't believe Pop thought Sochan would work. He's right, he's nothing but a division II college coach.

Knoxxx
01-12-2024, 03:20 PM
At least Pop, for all we have endured this season, is playing it safe with Wemby’s health. As much as I’d like to watch him play 30-35 minutes per game, seeing him with a serious injury would put a damper on that real quickly.

BacktoBasics
01-12-2024, 03:26 PM
I can't believe Pop thought Sochan would work. He's right, he's nothing but a division II college coach.

I don’t believe that’s what he was thinking. I always thought it was a temporary move that would give Jeremy a different perspective and understanding of the game. As well as give him other areas of his skill set to work on.

It was probably intended to cover a 20-30 game span. Then he fiddled with some other looks.

You guys have blown the whole experiment way out of proportion. It was literally an open and transparent experiment. Not a belief that something would be permanent.

K...
01-12-2024, 03:52 PM
so many people are jizzing their pants right off over a return to 500 ball. Answer this, would you rather have a top 4 pick or more interesting games on your TV? Are you gonna really stake your position that tre jones is the starter we need and not a mercenary backup?

if you can square a move that helps the team and also gets highest odds at a top4 pick i'd want to hear it, if your position is no the spurs can take two mid lottery picks and it'll be fine, say that.

Mugen
01-12-2024, 04:02 PM
so many people are jizzing their pants right off over a return to 500 ball. Answer this, would you rather have a top 4 pick or more interesting games on your TV? Are you gonna really stake your position that tre jones is the starter we need and not a mercenary backup?

if you can square a move that helps the team and also gets highest odds at a top4 pick i'd want to hear it, if your position is no the spurs can take two mid lottery picks and it'll be fine, say that.

You got a problem with Belichick, bruh?

z0sa
01-12-2024, 04:29 PM

We already won the draft/tankathon for Wemby. I honestly DGAF (relatively) about tanking any longer, and I feel most Spurs fans, especially casual ones, are in the same boat.

There's an argument for tanking again based upon the small market hypothesis, but people who are acting like this is so obvious don't actually back that up with anything from Wemby, for example, saying he's ok with growing via losses. No, everything about/from him says he wants to win, and now. So I get it, but it's not some kind of consensus. Just my 2c

scott
01-12-2024, 05:31 PM
I have a Coach wallet that has held up really well

TekXX
01-12-2024, 05:33 PM
For Wemby i was all for tanking, but it's not clear why the Spurs are tanking so i say fuck, let's start winning. LOL ok these guys lack talent so we're not winning much.