PDA

View Full Version : Texas agree's to play Arkansas, again

Brutalis
12-05-2005, 06:20 AM
Arkansas, Texas renew basketball rivalry
Associated Press

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Arkansas and Texas have agreed to a four-year, home-and-home series in basketball, Razorbacks athletic director Frank Broyles announced Friday.

The series begins next year at Texas on Dec. 19.

The teams have not played since 1991, when Arkansas beat the Longhorns 120-89 to win the Southwest Conference tournament title.

"We are very pleased to be playing Texas again in basketball," Broyles said. "It was a great rivalry in the past and will continue to be one. It will allow fans to relive a lot of history between the two programs."

Texas fans react bad, say they don't want to risk getting spanked.
link (http://sports.espn.go.com/ncb/news/story?id=2245620)

Okay the last part was a lie but still. Arkansas fans seem to be mixed thinking Stan Heath would was looking more towards the ACC and Northeastern schools.

I think it'll be a good series, home teams taking the wins. Bud Walton isn't a friendly place when packed for game such as this either.

Comments? I bet most of you that this is news to first thought football/wtf!

Horry For 3!
12-05-2005, 03:01 PM
Texas has a pretty damn good basketball team. Is Arkansas playing Texas this year?

Brutalis
12-05-2005, 06:53 PM
No. We had UConn, Maryland and Kansas already. In which our young sqaud beat Kansas, (2-0 vrs Big12) gave the game away to Maryland and lost in the last 2 mins vrs UConn as Gay and Brewer basically had a 1-1 match the whole way.

I think the series starts next year.

And duh I know you guys got a good team but, so do we. Arkansas basketball since Nolan Richardson sent our program spiraling down, it scared off our recruits (and damn, we had the next 2 years locked up in the top 10 classes for sure), and our program suffered. The last two season we have reaped what we can and this season Stan Healths recuiting is finally paying off.

We are getting no national spotlight because we are basically picking ourselves up out of the gutter where Nolan left us. Ronnie Brewer is a stud who needs to learn better defense and Arkansas wanted to have series with you guys because it'll sell out Bud Walton again, (instead of just Kentucky and Tenneessee games). We had 16k show up for the game against Mizzou as I laughed my ass off at the ass kicking we were giving them, only for us to switch to a zone defense and act like they have no chance of coming back. So they did come back, and we had to shoot them in the foot again.

They're really terrible by the way.

Anyways. It will be a good series and I question Texas in why they'd risk coming to such a hostile place where everybody in cardinal red hates Texas with passion.

Except me of course, I come from a different generation I guess.