timvp
01-24-2024, 05:40 AM
https://www.spurstalk.com/2024-spurs-76ers-grades-43/

tbdog
01-24-2024, 05:52 AM
F sighting.

onechance87
01-24-2024, 05:52 AM
i like collins,But hes gotta go.Big mistake giving him that contract.Lets sign a real big man this off season.

Davidicus
01-24-2024, 07:37 AM
Vassell “quietly improving his playmaking” is spot on. It’s been gratifying watching Vassell the last month figure out that he can’t just outshoot everybody. He’s going to the basket more, looking for contact or a good pass, and seems to be moving off ball a bit better. All of which lead to less atrocious shot selection. Definitely his next evolution in his game, sky’s the limit.

rjv
01-24-2024, 12:40 PM
i had hoped that zollins could settle into a backup role but he's been so bad. bassey would have at least put up a fight against joel. that showing by zach was just atrocious.

SouthernFryd
01-24-2024, 02:34 PM
One day, hopefully sooner than later, the Spurs will realize, that they need to focus their efforts on Defense. Including drafting more Defensive players instead of focusing on offensive ones. And stop ignoring Rebounding.

Until then...

z0sa
01-24-2024, 02:39 PM
I missed Vassell's stat line. It was truly quiet, but might be one of the most impressive improvements overall for the team. Against anybody but Embiid and the 6ers or the like (top 4 teams/players in the NBA), we probably win this game going away.

If Vassell can pass like this and knock down shots (including get a bit better shots in the groove of the offense), the Spurs will be just fine in terms of the top of our lineup skill-wise. (quick edit - not saying DV is our best player obviously, just that he should be our clear 2nd best)

Spurminator
01-24-2024, 02:54 PM
Hard disagree on a B for Pop. This is a coach who used to throw the kitchen sink at Shaq to keep him from bullying his team.

No adjustments were even attempted. I didn't realize, when Pop was joking before the game about not being able to do anything about Imbiid, that he actually didn't have any sort of plan.

The Hard-Lessons-Through-Losing era of "Life Coach" Gregg Popovich is beyond tiresome. Winning can build character too, and this felt like a missed opportunity for a big step forward.

Spurs Homer
01-24-2024, 04:34 PM
Yeah pop has been the biggest disappointment this season…

zero adjustments…heck not even a hack a joel once in a while to possible throw him off or anything

Its like pop has just gotten way comfy with losing

Mugen
01-24-2024, 05:36 PM
Yeah pop has been the biggest disappointment this season…

zero adjustments…heck not even a hack a joel once in a while to possible throw him off or anything

Its like pop has just gotten way comfy with losing

:lol I hate the old man more than anybody on this board but I don't think you should be Hack-a-Shaqing a guy that's the biggest foul merchant in the league and shoots 89% from the line.

Spurs Homer
01-24-2024, 05:43 PM
:lol I hate the old man more than anybody on this board but I don't think you should be Hack-a-Shaqing a guy that's the biggest foul merchant in the league and shoots 89% from the line.

im aware of his percentage, but not even trying something to throw his rythm off is just fucking pathetic…

a hard foul to throw him off

a few bench players like barlow or mamu to frustrate him

this is about POP

not even an ATTEMPT to win

it is all just happily losing every fucking game and never acting as if WINNING is something you will fight for

just a happy well adjusted senior fucking citizen enjoying his goddamn golden years watching kids play ball and all get along and become nice people

gtfo of coaching if the goddamn fire is gone

Mugen
01-24-2024, 06:36 PM
im aware of his percentage, but not even trying something to throw his rythm off is just fucking pathetic…

a hard foul to throw him off

a few bench players like barlow or mamu to frustrate him

this is about POP

not even an ATTEMPT to win

it is all just happily losing every fucking game and never acting as if WINNING is something you will fight for

just a happy well adjusted senior fucking citizen enjoying his goddamn golden years watching kids play ball and all get along and become nice people

gtfo of coaching if the goddamn fire is gone

:lol I'm all for it, my brotha.

Sugus
01-24-2024, 07:03 PM
I missed Vassell's stat line. It was truly quiet, but might be one of the most impressive improvements overall for the team. Against anybody but Embiid and the 6ers or the like (top 4 teams/players in the NBA), we probably win this game going away.

If Vassell can pass like this and knock down shots (including get a bit better shots in the groove of the offense), the Spurs will be just fine in terms of the top of our lineup skill-wise. (quick edit - not saying DV is our best player obviously, just that he should be our clear 2nd best)

I need to see more of this from Vassel before I fully buy into it, tbh. I've watched games where he'll actively be looking to get the team involved and distribute, and think he's turned a corner - only for him to regress and go on 0 AST strings. Him consistently playmaking or at least involving the team would make him a much more valuable player than only his shooting/scoring, so I'm hoping for consistency in this area more than anything else like getting to the rim and such.