PDA

View Full Version : Is Jeremy Sochan the dumbest player ever to play in the NBA?

SouthernFryd
01-26-2024, 05:20 PM
Catchy headline, eh? lol

But seriously...this guy is something else.

Watch this. This is just one play in the last game. But, Sochan does this crap every...single...game.

Watch Sochan...ignore everyone else. He messes up this alley oop. He shouldn't even have been close to this. He has no idea where anyone else is on the court. Doesn't understand spacing at all and he actually pushes the defender into our alley oop guy...could have been a serious injury.

And at the end of it all, he turns his back on everything, as if to say..."What? I wasn't involved at all. Uh, uhh...y'all screwed up. Next? " While our guy is lying in a mess on the ground.

There's something wrong with this dude...besides being a f'ing idiot.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/338444759169188 (https://www.facebook.com/reel/338444759169188?__cft__[0]=AZWpTIF6JkpNM_wx0o1LNsoR8zY9-mI9XZ4tuTiV1G82yQovq8rmIYLcEWyq4dUMvNrbmO7t5m0ncdA GK0qVsWekeJIOuR8dWKY3pZM9JWbymizpb22l3kYug4jOPzehD WI3qQ3hb7wgT-CCaYs0hkdt&__tn__=R]-R)

Leetonidas
01-26-2024, 05:29 PM
Nah, that has to be Giannis' brother Thanasis, that dudes lowlights are hilarious

itzsoweezee
01-26-2024, 05:37 PM
I still can’t believe that popovich saw this guy play for a whole season and concluded this, this dude is our point guard of the future. The guy with zero handles and terrible touch, and never played the position before, is going to be an NBA point guard. He’s going to learn literally the toughest position in basketball in his 20s

The Truth #6
01-26-2024, 05:42 PM
I still can’t believe that popovich saw this guy play for a whole season and concluded this, this dude is our point guard of the future. The guy with zero handles and terrible touch, and never played the position before, is going to be an NBA point guard. He’s going to learn literally the toughest position in basketball in his 20s

Or he was tanking and we didn't realize it at the time.

NASpurs
01-26-2024, 05:46 PM
You can tell by just looking at him that he's missing a few crayons.

<---‐----------

itzsoweezee
01-26-2024, 05:47 PM

That is the post hoc rationalization going around. It goes 100% against what popovich was saying before the season started. Not to mention it is a completely stupid way to tank and unnecessary given the roster make up of this team. Either way, popovich completely misevaluated the players on this team

mudd
01-26-2024, 05:53 PM
It’s the expensive wine killing brain cells! And yes the tank is on…

The Truth #6
01-26-2024, 05:54 PM
That is the post hoc rationalization going around. It goes 100% against what popovich was saying before the season started. Not to mention it is a completely stupid way to tank and unnecessary given the roster make up of this team. Either way, popovich completely misevaluated the players on this team

Low minutes for Victor. Never playing our best point guard Devonte Graham. He's doing lots of things to help lose games. But back to Sochan, do you like him as a player?

Floyd Pacquiao
01-26-2024, 06:05 PM
Keldon Johnson is up there. How many times have you seen him aimlessly with his head down just barrel into the lane and pick up an offensive foul

RC_Drunkford
01-26-2024, 06:25 PM
Other questions:

Are the Spurs the dumbest team in the NBA?

Is the Spurs front office the dumbest in the NBA?

Is Popovich the dumbest coach in the NBA?

Is Brian Wright the dumbest GM in the NBA?

itzsoweezee
01-26-2024, 06:30 PM
Low minutes for Victor. Never playing our best point guard Devonte Graham. He's doing lots of things to help lose games. But back to Sochan, do you like him as a player?

Victor is playing low minutes because the team is being super cautious with him. And Graham is not better than jones, and not even really a point guard. Why they are playing Branham over Graham is a better question. But based on everything that’s happened over the last few years, my guess is that popovich is simply not very good at his job anymore. There’s no reason to be purposely bad at this point. San Antonio is almost guaranteed a bottom 3 record.

Sochan’s value as a player will be determined by whether he can ever become a good shooter. Like I said in another post, a power forward that can’t shoot has little value in today’s nba. Those guys are mostly role players off the bench. I hope, and think, that Sochan can be better than that.

slick'81
01-26-2024, 06:30 PM
Forbes says his

Kurgan
01-26-2024, 07:37 PM
Never draft players that learned how to hoop in England. They're the most basketball illiterate country on the entire European continent.

SPURt
01-26-2024, 07:53 PM
Collins is the worst Spur and it’s not even close

Tyronn Lue
01-26-2024, 10:26 PM
It's a team thing. If you could hear thoughts you'd hear "give me the ball, give me the ball, give me the ball" on every break from the entire team except Victor.

SPURt
01-26-2024, 11:42 PM
:lmao

Ditty
01-26-2024, 11:50 PM
:rollin:rollin

manufan10
01-26-2024, 11:51 PM
Reverse jinx!

couchman
01-26-2024, 11:59 PM
Sochan says watch this! Great game from him tonight continues a trend if him playing much better lately

rascal
01-27-2024, 12:01 AM
Sochan says watch this! Great game from him tonight continues a trend if him playing much better lately

He played bad last game. He's been better against the weaker teams

We'll see tomorrow how he plays.

tim_duncan_fan
01-27-2024, 12:03 AM
It's not his first 30-point game, guys. Hopefully he is learning and getting better, but it's not a given.

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:04 AM
He’s in his second year and it’s so wild how confident people are to make such statements without being even remotely close to a professional in these statement. So shortsighted…

SouthernFryd
01-27-2024, 12:06 AM
WTF??

I mean seriously...WTF??

Arcadian
01-27-2024, 12:07 AM
:lol

Mr. Body
01-27-2024, 12:09 AM
This is legit one of the stupidest fan bases in professional sports.

ismael-robert
01-27-2024, 12:10 AM
U already looked that way when u started thread

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:10 AM
Damn! You think Jeremy saw this before the game?

"Now who looks like a dumbass mf'er?" lol

Geesh. Yeah, you showed me. I'm gonna start a thread on the stupid ass hair next week...
This forum is just filled with a bunch of emotional women who think they have professional takes, which if this was the case they’d surely be paid for these opinions :lol

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:11 AM
Truly

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 12:18 AM
A good game against scrubs doesn't change who his is

He's still pretty dumb and needs to call his number to shine using Wemby as a decoy

Wemby has more assists for him than the other way around!

ambchang
01-27-2024, 12:20 AM
Serious question, are spurs fans the dumbest fanbase in nba history?

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:29 AM
:cry Wemby
Numbers don’t support this dumbass argument

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:29 AM
Serious question, are spurs fans the dumbest fanbase in nba history?
Yes…

SouthernFryd
01-27-2024, 12:35 AM
This forum is just filled with a bunch of emotional women who think they have professional takes, which if this was the case they’d surely be paid for these opinions :lol

Jeremy made me look like a fool, not you. Which was kinda hilarious in its timing. Kudo's for Jeremy.

You on the other hand...can stick it up your emo ass.

Joseph Kony
01-27-2024, 12:39 AM
:lol the tone deaf posters shitting on ST as if they arent also retards themselves

i didnt really see anyone agree with the OP either tbh

GAustex
01-27-2024, 12:40 AM

Precious coming from you
Oh
Should have taken the under

My Fault
01-27-2024, 12:41 AM
Jeremy made me look like a fool, not you. Which was kinda hilarious in its timing. Kudo's for Jeremy.

You on the other hand...can stick it up your emo ass.
I’ll give you time to think about how stupid you sound before I respond:lol

manufan10
01-27-2024, 12:47 AM

Every fan base is like this.

buttsR4rebounding
01-27-2024, 01:07 AM
Other questions:

Is this the dumbest thread on Spurstalk? Unfortunately no, but is eligible for nomination.

Atl Spur
01-27-2024, 01:09 AM

And it ain’t even close!

Robz4000
01-27-2024, 01:21 AM
:lol people forgetting the Lakers' fanbase exists

NASpurs
01-27-2024, 01:24 AM
And it ain’t even close!

Yeah exactly but for different reasons than you think.

z0sa
01-27-2024, 01:27 AM
Great timing, dumbass :lmao

People here are allowed to be themselves. Not even reddit comes close.

DrSteffo
01-27-2024, 02:03 AM
Sochan shitting all over stupid posters. You are covered in his shit and his shit is smarter than you are.

RC_Drunkford
01-27-2024, 03:07 AM
you just can't judge players on their 2nd year tbh. 3rd year is always where you should see a leap and we've seen Sochan improve on his 3-point shot by a lot already. I also wouldn't say he's a low IQ player, just cause he ain't a passer like LeBron. These guys played none or max. 1 year in college, they need some time to learn the fundamentals of the game.

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 08:21 AM
Numbers don’t support this dumbass argument

1- don’t be so emo. It’s just basketball

2- u like numbers so go check the number of assists Sochan did to Wemby and vice versa. Then come bck with a explanation genius

3- I like many things about Sochan, but his grit and versatility don’t balance enough all his limitations. It’s an insane concept to handicap your once a generation golden goose to develop all the limitations Sochan has.

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 08:22 AM
:lol at the Sochan stans coming out of the woods all emo after a good game against scrubs

Take a good breathing guys

My Fault
01-27-2024, 08:44 AM

2- u like numbers so go check the number of assists Sochan did to Wemby and vice versa. Then come bck with a explanation genius

3- I like many things about Sochan, but his grit and versatility don’t balance enough all his limitations. It’s an insane concept to handicap your once a generation golden goose to develop all the limitations Sochan has.
Not even going to read your third point because you clearly haven’t looked up the numbers, so stfu and actual know what you’re talking about before giving an opinion dumbass. Numbers don’t lie

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 08:48 AM
Take your time genius

RC_Drunkford
01-27-2024, 09:09 AM

you're right there with ATL Spur when it comes to the worst player evaluation on this board

Rocalcio
01-27-2024, 09:17 AM
Catchy headline, eh? lol

But seriously...this guy is something else.

Watch this. This is just one play in the last game. But, Sochan does this crap every...single...game.

Watch Sochan...ignore everyone else. He messes up this alley oop. He shouldn't even have been close to this. He has no idea where anyone else is on the court. Doesn't understand spacing at all and he actually pushes the defender into our alley oop guy...could have been a serious injury.

And at the end of it all, he turns his back on everything, as if to say..."What? I wasn't involved at all. Uh, uhh...y'all screwed up. Next? " While our guy is lying in a mess on the ground.

There's something wrong with this dude...besides being a f'ing idiot.

https://www.facebook.com/reel/338444759169188 (https://www.facebook.com/reel/338444759169188?__cft__[0]=AZWpTIF6JkpNM_wx0o1LNsoR8zY9-mI9XZ4tuTiV1G82yQovq8rmIYLcEWyq4dUMvNrbmO7t5m0ncdA GK0qVsWekeJIOuR8dWKY3pZM9JWbymizpb22l3kYug4jOPzehD WI3qQ3hb7wgT-CCaYs0hkdt&__tn__=R]-R)

Perfect timing, well done !

LongtimeSpursFan
01-27-2024, 09:40 AM
Other questions:

Are Spurs fans the dumbest in the NBA?

spurraider21
01-27-2024, 10:01 AM
Tunnel vision isn’t the same as low bball iq

Biggems
01-27-2024, 10:10 AM
Sochan had a great game last night. However, I am sick of him chucking 3s like he is Curry. Most of them are air balls, short by 2-3 feet. Also, he needs to learn how to box out on the boards. Stop with all the chucking please.

Honestly, he has the size and build of Dennis Rodman. However, he has none of Rodman's rebound awareness. What he should do is contact the Worm, pay him some money and use him to teach rebound fundamentals. He is a decent defender, but has the potential to be very good, if not great. He just needs someone like Dennis to show him the ropes. Bruce Bowen could also assist.

I am pleased with how he is looking to set up Wemby more now. The two are starting to build some nice give and go chemistry. I like the one handed FT. He has gotten really good at it.

Biggems
01-27-2024, 10:19 AM
As for Keldon. He is a black hole on offense and an underachiever on defense. He seems to be needy, as in, he needs to make sure he gets his, no matter the consequences for the rest of the team. He needs to understand that he is now option 3 at best. Wemby is 1, Vassell is 2, and Johnson is 3. He needs to do a better job at understanding his role and making sure the other 2 are eating well and getting nice and full, before trying to empty his own plate.

He needs to start playing with his head up and using his court vision. He is not a running back trying to run through a hole between the center and guard. He just puts his head down and runs right into the teeth of the interior defense and has nowhere to go. He either commits a charge, turns it over, gets his shot blocked, or forces up a very highly contested shot. Notice how none of the options were that he tried to find an open teammate for a better shot. Why, because that almost never happens.

One defense, he rarely closes out on his man on the perimeter. He allows his man to drive by him consistently. Now, he does a decent job of playing the passing lanes, but he could do better. Also, at his size and build, he should be able to draw more charges on his opponents.

He seems to be a good guy personally, but on the court, he is not bringing what he needs to bring to make the team turn the corner and be successful.

I would not be opposed to using him in a trade. I feel he could bring back a decent haul.

Seventyniner
01-27-2024, 10:54 AM
I would not be opposed to using him in a trade. I feel he could bring back a decent haul.

I'm sure the Spurs could get back a different player for you to complain about.

offset formation
01-27-2024, 11:31 AM
If Wemby is willing to play the 5 going forward, I'm of the opinion we have a championship caliber 5 with Wemby, and 4 with Sochan (assuming his trajectory continues).

At best we're dealing with bench players at the 1, 2, and 3.

I had hopes Vassell could be that starting 2 or 3 but I just don't see it anymore, maybe a bench guy but you cant have a bench full of former starters that cant play D. Weve seen how many wins that team gets you already over the last two seasons. Jones is a backup PG.

So beyond a starting 4 and 5, and a bench 1 and maybe 2/3, we have a lot of holes to fill for a championship caliber team.

Dverde
01-27-2024, 11:42 AM
Sochan had a great game last night. However, I am sick of him chucking 3s like he is Curry. Most of them are air balls, short by 2-3 feet. Also, he needs to learn how to box out on the boards. Stop with all the chucking please.

Honestly, he has the size and build of Dennis Rodman. However, he has none of Rodman's rebound awareness. What he should do is contact the Worm, pay him some money and use him to teach rebound fundamentals. He is a decent defender, but has the potential to be very good, if not great. He just needs someone like Dennis to show him the ropes. Bruce Bowen could also assist.

I am pleased with how he is looking to set up Wemby more now. The two are starting to build some nice give and go chemistry. I like the one handed FT. He has gotten really good at it.

I believe he has the second best 3 pt percentage on the team outside of McBuckets. Collins and Jones are the two that should stop shooting them outside an expiring shot clock attempt. At this point, player’s 3pt green light should be off if they are under 30% and not named Wemby.

LeBowen
01-27-2024, 11:48 AM
I believe he has the second best 3 pt percentage on the team outside of McBuckets. Collins and Jones are the two that should stop shooting them outside an expiring shot clock attempt. At this point, player’s 3pt green light should be off if they are under 30% and not named Wemby.

3pt percentage doesn't mean much without context.
Until further notice, Sochan and Wemby will always be wide open behind the arc.
Give Vassell those 3pt shots Sochan gets and he'd surely be close to 45% from deep. But he takes way more difficult shots Sochan wouldn't even think about.

If Spurs are to compete again, three legit shooters around Wemby are a must.
That's why Tre will never be anything more than a solid backup. Can't have an undersized player that's not a legit 3pt threat on serious rosters.

CorrectCrusader
01-27-2024, 12:41 PM
Other questions:

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Mr. Body
01-27-2024, 01:28 PM
If Wemby is willing to play the 5 going forward, I'm of the opinion we have a championship caliber 5 with Wemby, and 4 with Sochan (assuming his trajectory continues).

At best we're dealing with bench players at the 1, 2, and 3.

I had hopes Vassell could be that starting 2 or 3 but I just don't see it anymore, maybe a bench guy but you cant have a bench full of former starters that cant play D. Weve seen how many wins that team gets you already over the last two seasons. Jones is a backup PG.

So beyond a starting 4 and 5, and a bench 1 and maybe 2/3, we have a lot of holes to fill for a championship caliber team.

Vassell still has great value, although he may not be the go-to scorer we need. But remember he missed a huge part of last year and so this is looking like his third full year in the league. Maybe he doesn't become that guy, but as a piece he's really nice to have.

And let's focus on the POs before Championship talk.

SPURt
01-27-2024, 03:05 PM

What? He’s shooting 38% from three this season and generally takes wide open threes. He was 4/7 last night. He can fire away as far as I’m concerned.

Dejounte
01-27-2024, 03:11 PM
3pt percentage doesn't mean much without context.
Until further notice, Sochan and Wemby will always be wide open behind the arc.
Give Vassell those 3pt shots Sochan gets and he'd surely be close to 45% from deep. But he takes way more difficult shots Sochan wouldn't even think about.

If Spurs are to compete again, three legit shooters around Wemby are a must.
That's why Tre will never be anything more than a solid backup. Can't have an undersized player that's not a legit 3pt threat on serious rosters.

Even With Context It Makes No Sense To Criticize Sochan’s 3 PT Shooting— If He’s Wide Open And He’s Making Them At A Good Rate Then He Should Continue To Shoot Them. He’s A Legit Shooter Until His Rate Drops, Period.

SpursBills
01-27-2024, 03:20 PM
^This. Since the start of the year when he was moved back to forward he's been taking about 4 3's a game and canning them at a 40% clip. Yes they're wide open 3s, but at some point teams are going to start closing out on him as long as he keeps up his volume which would make him far from a non-shooter.

rascal
01-27-2024, 03:31 PM
Most all NBA players are taking wide open 3 pt. shots.

If a guy is not open the ball is just moved around until an open player is found for an open shot.

LeBowen
01-27-2024, 04:42 PM
Even With Context It Makes No Sense To Criticize Sochan’s 3 PT Shooting— If He’s Wide Open And He’s Making Them At A Good Rate Then He Should Continue To Shoot Them. He’s A Legit Shooter Until His Rate Drops, Period.

I didn't say he shouldn't, my point was that we're still the worst shooting team in the league.
Washed up McDermott is our only legit shooter.
Vassell is too inconsistent, same goes for Keldon and others should shoot only when completely wide open. Some of them not even then.

If Sochan becomes a solid shooter and Devin becomes more consistent, we'd still need at least one more elite shooter in the starting lineup if we were to consistently win games.
I've got high hopes for Jeremy, I think he can be an elite role player, maybe even a borderline all-star, glue guy that every team needs, but if he becomes a legit shooter that would be one of the most surprising developments I've seen.

Anyhow, a must keep player, just needs to be settled in a defined role for now.
He's a 20 year old that spent most of the season getting mindfucked by Pop, saying that he's stupid is ridiculous. (not you, but the opening post)

scott
01-27-2024, 04:46 PM
Sochan been generally pretty good and showing good potential since moving back to PF. Definitely has mental lapses, but I'm not sure he is the dumbest player on this team, let alone in the history of the NBA :lol

If he can keep on this trajectory it will be great

rascal
01-27-2024, 05:05 PM
Sochan has these occasional big games to give hope but then falls back into poor play.

He doesn't have good shooting form that's why many of his shots are bricks and air balls.
If his volume increases his % will certainly fall to undesirable levels. He isn't going to be a high volume 3 pt effective shooter that the Spurs can rely on. He has had these type of games earlier this year and last year too then crashes again.

Almost every starting player in the league will have the occasional big game if given an opportunity with enough minutes and shots.

It's consistency which separates the stars from the wannabes.

Sochan doesn't excel in any area and hope the spurs can find a better player at PF who excels as a rebounder or defensive intimidator or shooter or athletic scorer.

He's at best a role level player on a title contender.

I'm expecting Sochan to struggle again in tonight's game.

GB20
01-27-2024, 05:20 PM
Nahh, he is just young and inexperienced but he will get better.

SpursBills
01-27-2024, 05:25 PM
Sochan has these occasional big games to give hope but then falls back into poor play.

He doesn't have good shooting form that's why many of his shots are bricks and air balls.
If his volume increases his % will certainly fall to undesirable levels. He isn't going to be a high volume 3 pt effective shooter that the Spurs can rely on. He has had these type of games earlier this year and last year too then crashes again.

Almost every starting player in the league will have the occasional big game if given an opportunity with enough minutes and shots.

It's consistency which separates the stars from the wannabes.

Sochan doesn't excel in any area and hope the spurs can find a better player at PF who excels as a rebounder or defensive intimidator or shooter or athletic scorer.

He's at best a role level player on a title contender.

I'm expecting Sochan to struggle again in tonight's game.

I don't actually disagree with any of this. I too expect Sochan to struggle tonight. He's a 20 year old playing the second night of a back to back against the best defense in the NBA and doesn't have the experience to counteract their length yet. It'd be surprising if he actually had a decent game, but for 20 year old role player guys, I probably wouldn't expect anything more than inconsistency. I also agree that he's probably a role player on a title contender, I profile him as the third to fourth best player on a championship team in his prime. You're also right that he doesn't excel in any area, and he profiles as a guy who in the future can be pretty good at everything.

Team building will be key to maximize his strengths, he's kind of a tweener 3/4 in size and I think the spurs would do well to draft another long 3/4 moving forward who can better serve as a true point of attack defender.

SouthernFryd
01-27-2024, 06:20 PM
Maybe I should start a post saying something bad about Champagnie... ;)

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 07:41 PM
you're right there with ATL Spur when it comes to the worst player evaluation on this board

I wasn’t sure before but u must be one of those all over Twitter getting emo anytime someone doesn’t share your opinion… :lol

breathe, it’s all gonna be fine

RC_Drunkford
01-27-2024, 08:11 PM
I wasn’t sure before but u must be one of those all over Twitter getting emo anytime someone doesn’t share your opinion… :lol

breathe, it’s all gonna be fine

ain’t you the same guy who doesn’t understand how an extension works and thinks Vassell is overpaid at 5.8 million this season? :lmao

couchman
01-27-2024, 11:01 PM
Strong 4th quarter from Sochan tonight. I loved the show and go fake he pulled on KAT.
The 20 year old kid is really coming on as a player.

Tyronn Lue
01-27-2024, 11:08 PM
How much of Sochan's development stems from his time at the PG position?

Pauleta14
01-27-2024, 11:13 PM
ain’t you the same guy who doesn’t understand how an extension works and thinks Vassell is overpaid at 5.8 million this season? :lmao

U can put as many laughing emojis as u want it won’t make it true.
I was talking about his new deal and the fact that he’s an asset and selling high might be smart bc of his limitations and fragility.

keep getting all emo for a bb talk. I love it ;)

My Fault
01-27-2024, 11:13 PM
One of the dumbest posters here, tbh. Doesn’t even know how to look up numbers nor understand:lol

EricB
01-27-2024, 11:17 PM

the worst and dumbest. It’s a fucking embarrassment

EricB
01-27-2024, 11:21 PM

a bit, but then people would have to suck it up and admit it was a good idea…

timtonymanu
01-27-2024, 11:31 PM
lol “but Jeremy is jealous of Wemby”
lol “Jeremy is the dumbest player ever”

itzsoweezee
01-27-2024, 11:39 PM

None. He’s still a power forward doing power forward things.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-27-2024, 11:57 PM
None. He’s still a power forward doing power forward things.

Bullshit. Then ran the offense through him from the perimeter down the stretch when they took the lead before Wemby came back in.

His ball handling and passing have improved immensely.

cd98
01-28-2024, 12:08 AM
Can you really be a fan if it appears you are rooting against players on your team? I mean the hate on Jeremy Sochan is idiotic given that he is a second year player that only played half a season last year. He continues to look good in most games since they ended the point guard experiment and I really think anyone that hates on him or wants him on the bench or traded or cut should be cut or traded as a Spur fan. If only we could trade some of these fans to other teams and get people that actually root for their team.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 12:09 AM
Some people just won’t show humility no matter how obvious they’re wrong :) sad sad sad

My Fault
01-28-2024, 12:19 AM
lol “but Jeremy is jealous of Wemby”
lol “Jeremy is the dumbest player ever”
Take everything back I said, I see now you’re one of the sane ones.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 12:24 AM

Let’s pull cards..shall we? We all hit or miss with our opinions but to categorize as the worst sounds a little hyperbolic wouldn’t you agree? If not, please post all these “ questionable “ assessments please…..we’ll all wait:)

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 12:26 AM
the worst and dumbest. It’s a fucking embarrassment

^this

Mr. Body
01-28-2024, 12:28 AM
Can you really be a fan if it appears you are rooting against players on your team? I mean the hate on Jeremy Sochan is idiotic given that he is a second year player that only played half a season last year. He continues to look good in most games since they ended the point guard experiment and I really think anyone that hates on him or wants him on the bench or traded or cut should be cut or traded as a Spur fan. If only we could trade some of these fans to other teams and get people that actually root for their team.

Spurs fans organized themselves into anti-Parker and anti-Ginobili camps. There's a self-hatred inherent to these 'fans,' but it's also based on a complete inability to understand basketball on any level. Players struggle. Young players have to develop and learn the game. Shitting all over a 20 year old is stupid. These people are idiots.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 12:29 AM
Some people feel they have to entertain to kick it:)

cd98
01-28-2024, 12:33 AM
Spurs fans organized themselves into anti-Parker and anti-Ginobili camps. There's a self-hatred inherent to these 'fans,' but it's also based on a complete inability to understand basketball on any level. Players struggle. Young players have to develop and learn the game. Shitting all over a 20 year old is stupid. These people are idiots.

Yes, it's sad. I've been a Spur fan for a long time. I predate Spurstalk. I remember back in the Rod Strickland days, I would go to the game and there was a guy that sat near me and every game he would yell at Strickland and call him a bum. Eventually, Strickland left and the guy probably couldn't be more happy. Except that Rod Strickland became an awesome point guard with Portland and the Spurs replaced him with ahem, Avery Johnson. And don't get me wrong, I like Avery, but he was no Rod Strickland and the Spurs would never have won a title with him if it were not for Tim Duncan. In fairness, who knows if they'd have won with Rod, but he would've been an upgrade at PG since he didn't get in bar fights and break his hand once he went to Portland.

Mr. Body
01-28-2024, 12:47 AM
Yes, it's sad. I've been a Spur fan for a long time. I predate Spurstalk. I remember back in the Rod Strickland days, I would go to the game and there was a guy that sat near me and every game he would yell at Strickland and call him a bum. Eventually, Strickland left and the guy probably couldn't be more happy. Except that Rod Strickland became an awesome point guard with Portland and the Spurs replaced him with ahem, Avery Johnson. And don't get me wrong, I like Avery, but he was no Rod Strickland and the Spurs would never have won a title with him if it were not for Tim Duncan. In fairness, who knows if they'd have won with Rod, but he would've been an upgrade at PG since he didn't get in bar fights and break his hand once he went to Portland.

Honestly, I think it's because timvp lead a pretty toxic environment around here. It used to be an absolute cesspool. Gotten far better, but you still have this toxic ciliquishness where these dipshits who don't understand anything about the game just come here to shit into a communal pile. He never cleaned it up even if he seems to have outgrown it himself. He just sort of... left... and you still have people doing this 'kool kids' thing of just taking fragrant dumps and chuckling at each other over it. Stupid.

Joseph Kony
01-28-2024, 01:03 AM
Honestly, I think it's because timvp lead a pretty toxic environment around here. It used to be an absolute cesspool. Gotten far better, but you still have this toxic ciliquishness where these dipshits who don't understand anything about the game just come here to shit into a communal pile. He never cleaned it up even if he seems to have outgrown it himself. He just sort of... left... and you still have people doing this 'kool kids' thing of just taking fragrant dumps and chuckling at each other over it. Stupid.

:lol thinking the fact that 90% of the forum thinks youre a complete dumbass is "toxic cliquishness" and not just you being a complete dumbass

vy65
01-28-2024, 01:35 AM

Absolutely disgusting

RC_Drunkford
01-28-2024, 03:08 AM
this thread is aging badly :lol Sochan took over in the 4th

ambchang
01-28-2024, 08:07 AM
OP. Do similar threads for zollins and Branham, we may see them being passable nba players then.

itzsoweezee
01-28-2024, 10:25 AM
Bullshit. Then ran the offense through him from the perimeter down the stretch when they took the lead before Wemby came back in.

His ball handling and passing have improved immensely.

Again, this is you guys rationalizing popovich’s bad decisions. He still has complete tunnel vision, he still can’t change up his dribble once he’s decided what he’s going to do. He almost lost the game trying to go one on three at the basket late in the game. He still racks up a tiny number of assists.

His improvement is due entirely to the fact that his not being forced to be a point guard anymore.

My Fault
01-28-2024, 10:29 AM
Again, this is you guys rationalizing popovich’s bad decisions. He still has complete tunnel vision, he still can’t change up his dribble once he’s decided what he’s going to do. He almost lost the game trying to go one on three at the basket late in the game. He still racks up a tiny number of assists.

His improvement is due entirely to the fact that his not being forced to be a point guard anymore.
Not only are your takes that of an emotional bitch but they’re simply not good basketball takes, please stop posting.

james evans
01-28-2024, 10:34 AM
he does some of the dumbest shit I've ever seen a player do. For example, we're up 4 against the Wizards and this dumbazz decides to play hard defense on a 3 at the end of the game.

itzsoweezee
01-28-2024, 10:42 AM
Not only are your takes that of an emotional bitch but they’re simply not good basketball takes, please stop posting.

Ah yes, I’m the one being an “emotional bitch”. Are you twelve? You can simply log off if you read things that so obviously hurt your feelings.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 10:42 AM
this thread is aging badly :lol Sochan took over in the 4th

Hey buddy, still waiting…….

Knoxxx
01-28-2024, 10:47 AM
At least he seems to usually realize when he does something idiotic. And his moments of brilliance are sublime, like his low post buckets last night in the 4th where he flat out abused PHI interior defenders and left them just shaking their heads. Of course I won’t mention his 31-14 the night before, but will remind he’s only 20 Y/O.

I see him and Wemby playing together on the Spurs for a long, long time.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 11:02 AM
I really think they see JS in the KL mold. The kid is super skilled, running point guard was only done so he could work on weakness at realtime game speed. Indecisive maybe but not dumb.

Tyronn Lue
01-28-2024, 11:03 AM
When you land the 1st overall pick and it's a generational player potential, you don't want to spend the next year watching Jeremy Sochan learn to be a point guard while your pick is being frozen out. So the angst is understandable.

My Fault
01-28-2024, 11:21 AM
Ah yes, I’m the one being an “emotional bitch”. Are you twelve? You can simply log off if you read things that so obviously hurt your feelings.
Yes, yes you are and have been for quite some time, tbh.

itzsoweezee
01-28-2024, 11:24 AM
Yes, yes you are and have been for quite some time, tbh.

You’re all up and down the post whining and yelling like a little kid. Just log off little guy

My Fault
01-28-2024, 11:28 AM
You’re all up and down the post whining and yelling like a little kid. Just log off little guy
Won’t find one post of such behavior, unlike you… :cry fire pop :cry everyone outside Wemby sucks :cry Wemby

RC_Drunkford
01-28-2024, 11:41 AM
Hey buddy, still waiting…….

for Dwight Howard to blow your back out?

GAustex
01-28-2024, 11:49 AM
Miss Cleo dreams of being split roasted by Howard and Primo

Raven
01-28-2024, 11:55 AM
it is honestly exciting to see him improve leaps and bounds every week.

John B
01-28-2024, 12:14 PM
I really think they see JS in the KL mold. The kid is super skilled, running point guard was only done so he could work on weakness at realtime game speed. Indecisive maybe but not dumb.

My take as well. The kid is a gym rat and willing to do anything to learn.

Atl Spur
01-28-2024, 01:13 PM
Posters please note the same dudes deflect and insult vs speak facts…… cowards simply put.

K...
01-28-2024, 01:46 PM
I love the flex "vassell isnt overpaid" because the extensions, which is binding, might not take place or vassell will grow a huge amount as soon as the extension kicks in, therefore opinions are wrong.

Baby brains think future events dont exist and stay up all night to make sure the sun comes up again. Only an idiot would say "might be hot tomorrow" you do not know that bro!

Pauleta14
01-28-2024, 03:24 PM
Some of you are scary stupid fr... :lol

Getting all emo towards ppl who don't share ur pov instead of just either arguying or passing ur way.

Just breathe, it's basketball, no need to bring all ur life frustrations into this convo

Ariel
01-28-2024, 03:25 PM
When you land the 1st overall pick and it's a generational player potential, you don't want to spend the next year watching Jeremy Sochan learn to be a point guard while your pick is being frozen out. So the angst is understandable.
That angst stems from years of inaction on the part of the FO where the team sucked and didn't reap the benefits of being awful. But that is crying over spilled milk, and making Sochan the scape goat for Pop's decisions isn't "understandable". If anything, I'd commend his willingness to take on the job he was assigned, in spite of being set up to fail from the beginning. I mean, how does a natural PF who can't really beat guards off the dribble and isn't known as a volume 3 pt shooter succeed in playing PG for the first time in his life with a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing? Draymond Green would look like ass too in that scheme. Bottom line, Sochan has ways to go but he's a 20 y.o. sophomore who is doing as well as could be expected during the circumstances, making him the scape goat for years of poor FO decisions and harassing him through social media won't accomplish anything. Let the kid play and we'll find out how far he can go. I'm optimistic.

spurs10
01-28-2024, 03:53 PM
Sochan has been playing stellar.

couchman
01-28-2024, 05:52 PM
An honest answer is that JR Smith was probably the dumbest NBA player I’ve ever seen.

Seventyniner
01-28-2024, 06:38 PM
An honest answer is that JR Smith was probably the dumbest NBA player I’ve ever seen.

For me it's either Ricky Davis or Isaiah Rider. JR Smith is definitely up there, and Javale McGee too.

RC_Drunkford
01-28-2024, 06:42 PM
I love the flex "vassell isnt overpaid" because the extensions, which is binding, might not take place or vassell will grow a huge amount as soon as the extension kicks in, therefore opinions are wrong.

Baby brains think future events dont exist and stay up all night to make sure the sun comes up again. Only an idiot would say "might be hot tomorrow" you do not know that bro!

yeah right. Why don't we throw a 5-year max contract at James Harden in free agency, cause he will clearly still play on this level when he's 39

spurs10
01-28-2024, 06:42 PM
Is this the lamest thread ever on an NBA forum?

rascal
01-28-2024, 06:52 PM

Typical over rating. Sochan is a role player with limited skills not special in any area.

Tyronn Lue
01-28-2024, 07:08 PM
That angst stems from years of inaction on the part of the FO where the team sucked and didn't reap the benefits of being awful. But that is crying over spilled milk, and making Sochan the scape goat for Pop's decisions isn't "understandable". If anything, I'd commend his willingness to take on the job he was assigned, in spite of being set up to fail from the beginning. I mean, how does a natural PF who can't really beat guards off the dribble and isn't known as a volume 3 pt shooter succeed in playing PG for the first time in his life with a bunch of guys standing around doing nothing? Draymond Green would look like ass too in that scheme. Bottom line, Sochan has ways to go but he's a 20 y.o. sophomore who is doing as well as could be expected during the circumstances, making him the scape goat for years of poor FO decisions and harassing him through social media won't accomplish anything. Let the kid play and we'll find out how far he can go. I'm optimistic.
These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world. Fans want to see the Spurs build around Victor, not use Victor's rookie season to experiment with Jeremy fucking Sochan.

rascal
01-28-2024, 07:14 PM
These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world.

JS almost lost the game when he drove to the basket and made a wild shot that didn't come close to going in with the game tied at 112 and the ball luckily went to Johnson for the rebound.

What a one point win does to some in here to lose clarity. Had the Spurs lost, the takes would be different. Sochan had some nice plays in the 4th quarter and scored most of his points but did little the rest of the game.

Was an average outing for him not some super star level game like some are making out. But I guess an average outing is an improvement over a poor one which I was expecting.

Ariel
01-28-2024, 07:21 PM
These are easy points after a win where JS did well. I don't care how far JS can go. I care how far Victor can go. There are a lot of JS's in the world. Fans want to see the Spurs build around Victor, not use Victor's rookie season to experiment with Jeremy fucking Sochan.
It seems you didn't comprehend very well, maybe you should read again: I'm not in favor of the Sochan as PG experiment, what I find laughable is that it's him people target, as if it was his choice to play out of position and not Pop's. You're barking up the wrong tree, and Sochan got a lot of hate because of it, which is completely unjustified.
There aren't a lot of 20 year olds playing defense the way he is with the potential Sochan has. If there are, I would like you to name a few. And in any case, even if these guys are not the long term partners for Victor, developing them so that reach their potential is the best path forward so that when an opportunity presents itself to trade for a star or a higher potential player, some team is interested in them.
What would be the alternative path you'd like the Spurs to take? Sell low now, overpay for a low end star? That carries a lot of risks on its own. Victor is 20, the Spurs should be worried that they'll be contenders in a few years so that they don't lose him, not next season.

Ariel
01-28-2024, 07:23 PM
Typical over rating. Sochan is a role player with limited skills not special in any area.
Dude, Sochan is shooting better from the field and from 3 than your boy Shaedon Sharpe, Honestly, if there's someone you should worry about being an empty stats chucker, it's your boy.. He isn't even that good at what is supposed to be his calling card, and they're exactly the same age. Athletic, dumbass shooting guards are dime a dozen, just ask Houston for Jalen Green.

FuzzyLumpkins
01-28-2024, 07:35 PM

:lol claiming he can only dribble in a straight line.

Generally speaking when I see people talking in absolute certainties I know thy are full of shit. Quantum reality highlights well how that is just the wrong way to look at possible outcomes and causes.

rascal
01-28-2024, 08:29 PM
Dude, Sochan is shooting better from the field and from 3 than your boy Shaedon Sharpe, Honestly, if there's someone you should worry about being an empty stats chucker, it's your boy.. He isn't even that good at what is supposed to be his calling card, and they're exactly the same age. Athletic, dumbass shooting guards are dime a dozen, just ask Houston for Jalen Green.

Career stats I wouldn't say Sochan is shooting better.

Sharpe FG 44.5% and 3 pt. 35%
Sochan 44.9% and 31.2%

Sharpe also sat out a year and has been injured this year so he's missed a lot of time.

Both rate poor defensively at this time.

Sharpe shows more athleticism( far better vertical leaping ability, in fact one of the best in the entire league, and better form on his perimeter shot) and is regarded as having more offensive upside from most everyone except some Spur homers in this forum.

Sharpe also doesn't look like a goon on the court with lame colored hair

SpursBills
01-28-2024, 08:32 PM
Sharpe also doesn't look like a goon on the court like this lame colored haired clown.

:lol dude what is wrong with you

rascal
01-28-2024, 08:34 PM
:lol dude what is wrong with you

Sochan wants to look like Rodman? Some idol to copy after

The Truth #6
01-28-2024, 08:46 PM
Rascal is consistent, so props for that. And it's good to have different opinions. But I don't get the pessimism. Regardless, I think of Debbie Downer from SNL with the "sad trombone" sound effect with a lot of these posts.

Dejounte
01-28-2024, 08:51 PM
Rascal is consistent, so props for that. And it's good to have different opinions. But I don't get the pessimism. Regardless, I think of Debbie Downer from SNL with the "sad trombone" sound effect with a lot of these posts.

I Get A 60 Year Old Man Vibe When I’m Reading Rascal’s Posts.

Tyronn Lue
01-28-2024, 09:10 PM
It seems you didn't comprehend very well, maybe you should read again: I'm not in favor of the Sochan as PG experiment, what I find laughable is that it's him people target, as if it was his choice to play out of position and not Pop's. You're barking up the wrong tree, and Sochan got a lot of hate because of it, which is completely unjustified.
There aren't a lot of 20 year olds playing defense the way he is with the potential Sochan has. If there are, I would like you to name a few. And in any case, even if these guys are not the long term partners for Victor, developing them so that reach their potential is the best path forward so that when an opportunity presents itself to trade for a star or a higher potential player, some team is interested in them.
What would be the alternative path you'd like the Spurs to take? Sell low now, overpay for a low end star? That carries a lot of risks on its own. Victor is 20, the Spurs should be worried that they'll be contenders in a few years so that they don't lose him, not next season.
It doesn't matter who was on the floor. JS is just a placeholder for "wasn't helpful to Victor's progress". This is what you don't seem to understand. No one here knows JS at all. You could put Ronald McFuckingDonald in there and people would be hating him, not Lovin' It. It's not the best to develop them to their long term potential. That comes at the cost of developing Victor to his long term potential.
Yes, I'd like the Spurs to show Victor they are serious about him by trashing all these scrubs and bringing in someone who can mentor Victor and teach him how to play the right way.

exstatic
01-28-2024, 09:15 PM

Tied with JaVale McGee.

Tyronn Lue
01-28-2024, 09:20 PM
Let's be honest, prime Gary Neal > most of the starters.

CorrectCrusader
01-28-2024, 10:05 PM
To answer the thread title :

No, Quindarry Weatherspoon exists.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
01-28-2024, 10:41 PM

Definitely dumbest in inverse proportion to athletic ability and basketball skills

slick'81
01-28-2024, 11:33 PM
Kyrie aint to bright,tbh

wildbill2u
01-31-2024, 02:54 PM
It's too early in his career to make that determination, but he consistently shows flashes of extremely low basketball IQ that are intriguing and keep him playing minutes on a real NBA team. The question of course is whether he can develop a title seeking persona in the period of his contract before he leaves the league for China.

spurraider21
01-31-2024, 04:29 PM
i wouldnt care so much about his offensive inconsistency if he resembled the defender he was billed to be. like right now, when wesley is in the game, you feel his defense every possession. need sochan to do that first. then the offense can come and go with him being a low-ish volume player who scores off wide open shots, timely cuts, hustle/rebounds, and using his handling/athleticism in transition

but if he's going to be mediocre/averageish on defense with offense fluctuating but rarely really reaching those high highs, then imo he's a bench guy

Dejounte
01-31-2024, 07:52 PM
i wouldnt care so much about his offensive inconsistency if he resembled the defender he was billed to be. like right now, when wesley is in the game, you feel his defense every possession. need sochan to do that first. then the offense can come and go with him being a low-ish volume player who scores off wide open shots, timely cuts, hustle/rebounds, and using his handling/athleticism in transition

but if he's going to be mediocre/averageish on defense with offense fluctuating but rarely really reaching those high highs, then imo he's a bench guy

Maybe This Opinion Is Lagging But His Defense Has Improved In The Last 15ish Games. Stats Are Currently Backing This Up.

Spurs4#5
01-31-2024, 08:03 PM
Sochan is far from the problem. We have no real depth at big. When wemby goes off the floor our interior defense goes to shit

itzsoweezee
02-02-2024, 10:42 PM
Won’t find one post of such behavior, unlike you… :cry fire pop :cry everyone outside Wemby sucks :cry Wemby

I’m sorry your self esteem is so in shambles. But yes, fire pop. He’s way beyond his prime. Everyone outside wemby is not very important. Sorry that hurts your feelings.

Spurs Homer
02-02-2024, 11:05 PM
No

vassell is dumber

My Fault
02-03-2024, 12:03 AM
I’m sorry your self esteem is so in shambles. But yes, fire pop. He’s way beyond his prime. Everyone outside wemby is not very important. Sorry that hurts your feelings.
The fact it took days for you to come up with a response :lol you're such a little bitch

itzsoweezee
02-03-2024, 12:07 AM
The fact it took days for you to come up with a response :lol you're such a little bitch

Ahahahaha you corny motherfucker. Get out of your mom’s basement sometime you fucking broke ass loser

rascal
02-03-2024, 12:10 AM
Sochan is far from the problem. We have no real depth at big. When wemby goes off the floor our interior defense goes to shit

Sochan is too small at the 4 at only 6'8 and a poor jumper and poor rim protector. Collins too plays small and can't jump so outside of Wemby the frontline players getting the most minutes are not good rim defenders.

Get Sarr on this team

rankingtear
02-03-2024, 12:16 AM
Sochan is too small at the 4 at only 6'8 and a poor jumper and poor rim protector. Collins too plays small and can't jump so outside of Wemby the frontline players getting the most minutes are not good rim defenders.

Get Sarr on this team

Eh we already saw the double big lineup struggle with spacing. Sochan would be the 4 moving forward.

My Fault
02-03-2024, 12:23 AM
Ahahahaha you corny motherfucker. Get out of your mom’s basement sometime you fucking broke ass loser
Broke? Says the guy who got his name from Lil Wayne :lol you're a dork and a cry baby bitch

poopbox
02-03-2024, 02:01 AM
Sochan out here looking like Magna Cum Laude compared to Dipshit Devin tbh

SpursBills
02-03-2024, 07:48 AM

Get Sarr on this team

If the Spurs don't get a top 3 draft pick, would you trade this year's pick for nic Claxton if he's available? I personally feel like another big next to wemby is a bad fit, but just wanted to see how far you'd be willing to go for another rim protector

rascal
02-03-2024, 09:26 AM
If the Spurs don't get a top 3 draft pick, would you trade this year's pick for nic Claxton if he's available? I personally feel like another big next to wemby is a bad fit, but just wanted to see how far you'd be willing to go for another rim protector

Wemby doesn't want to be stuck at center with no one else on the team able to play near the basket.

It would allow Wemby to move away from the basket at times for more team flexibility if they get another low post player. There is a reason Sarr is the projected number 1 overall pick.

He would be great on the Spurs. Spurs also need a top PG prospect and another high volume go to wing scorer and team 3 point shooting so there are many needs on this current roster. No I wouldn't trade this years pick for Claxton.

John B
02-03-2024, 10:54 AM
Wemby doesn't want to be stuck at center with no one else on the team able to play near the basket.

It would allow Wemby to move away from the basket at times for more team flexibility if they get another low post player. There is a reason Sarr is the projected number 1 overall pick.

He would be great on the Spurs. Spurs also need a top PG prospect and another high volume go to wing scorer and team 3 point shooting so there are many needs on this current roster. No I wouldn't trade this years pick for Claxton.

The Spurs need a big body for the likes of Embiid, Zion etc. I’m not opposed to Sarr maning the post, and Wemby is such a great help defender. Sochan is becoming good defensively and his 3pt is money for that Bowen-role. Vassell sliding to SG and Spurs getting a vet PG as starter via trade.

Pauleta14
02-03-2024, 11:46 AM
I'll wait before consireding Socahn's 3pt shooting as "money" tbh

It was for a short stretch and it's below average again recently. He needs to be realy opened and comfortable to make them

Ariel
02-03-2024, 02:24 PM
I'll wait before consireding Socahn's 3pt shooting as "money" tbh

It was for a short stretch and it's below average again recently. He needs to be realy opened and comfortable to make them
Oh, definitely, just like he isn't "garbage" or an "idiot". He's a 20 year old whose future is still to be determined. Bottom line, he's worth developing, if he doesn't become the player they (and I) expect, then he can always be moved later on for better fitting pieces.

Ariel
02-03-2024, 02:34 PM

Get Sarr on this team
I would absolutely take Sarr if available becasue I think he's the best combination of certainty and promise, but your judgement of Sochan is completely biased. Versatility isn't absolute, he's a forward who is better suited to guard other forwards and wings, if you have him play small ball center and be a rim protector, then you're setting hijm up to fail just like when he was playing PG. I do agree he's not super long (probably 6'7" without shoes and not a freakish wingspan) so he's at a disadvantage guarding much bigger players (like Embiid) because his contest doesn't really bother them, but if you play him alongside a rim protector with plenty of ball movement and proper spacing, he's going to look great on both ends.

TD 21
02-03-2024, 04:14 PM
Sochan is 6'8'' barefoot 220 lbs 6'11'' wingspan, which are pretty standard measurements for a PF in this era and it's the only position he can credibly play.

Like A. Gordon, who came in with similar measurements but bulked up to 240, he just needs to get stronger.

That's an understated major issue with this team: lack of strength. Only Johnson really has it out of rotation players.

Ariel
02-03-2024, 04:51 PM
Sochan is 6'8'' barefoot 220 lbs 6'11'' wingspan, which are pretty standard measurements for a PF in this era and it's the only position he can credibly play.

Like A. Gordon, who came in with similar measurements but bulked up to 240, he just needs to get stronger.

That's an understated major issue with this team: lack of strength. Only Johnson really has it out of rotation players.
What's your source for the measurements? He wasn't measured at the draft combine. Also, some strength would be nice fighting thorugh screens but you don't want him to bulk up too much and lose some of his lateral speed that allows him to stay in front of pretty much every player.

TD 21
02-04-2024, 12:35 AM
What's your source for the measurements? He wasn't measured at the draft combine. Also, some strength would be nice fighting thorugh screens but you don't want him to bulk up too much and lose some of his lateral speed that allows him to stay in front of pretty much every player.

Can't seem to find it, but I know I've seen it.

Ariel
02-04-2024, 12:50 AM
I don't doubt you saw it, I wonder how reliable is the source where you saw it, because officially Sochan wasn't measured at the combine:
https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2022-23
But for reference, Tari Eason was, and he measured at 6'6.75 without shoes. However, he's listed as 6'8" in his player profile at multiple sites:
https://www.nba.com/player/1631106/tari-eason
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4433192/tari-eason
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/6707/
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/easonta01.html
My point is, most measures are really iffy, I only trust draft combine measurements and my own eyes, and I doubt he's 6'8" barefoot

MultiTroll
02-04-2024, 12:52 AM

TIFWIW

NBA,com 2022 Draft.
"Listed at 6’9 with a 230-pound frame and a 7’0 wingspan,"

Ariel
02-04-2024, 12:59 AM
TIFWIW

NBA,com 2022 Draft.
"Listed at 6’9 with a 230-pound frame and a 7’0 wingspan,"
Yeah, I came accross that page, but being "listed" listed at a given height doesn't mean much at all... plenty of players are "listed" 2/3 inches higher than they actually are (like, say, Isaiah Collier at 6'5", Rob Dilingham at 6'3", Ron Holland at 6'8", etc.)

rascal
02-04-2024, 06:55 AM

You see him staying in front of pretty much every player. I see him getting blown past by many players.

TD 21
02-04-2024, 11:25 AM
I don't doubt you saw it, I wonder how reliable is the source where you saw it, because officially Sochan wasn't measured at the combine:
https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2022-23
But for reference, Tari Eason was, and he measured at 6'6.75 without shoes. However, he's listed as 6'8" in his player profile at multiple sites:
https://www.nba.com/player/1631106/tari-eason
https://www.espn.com/nba/player/_/id/4433192/tari-eason
https://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/6707/
https://www.basketball-reference.com/players/e/easonta01.html
My point is, most measures are really iffy, I only trust draft combine measurements and my own eyes, and I doubt he's 6'8" barefoot

I'm well versed in this sort of thing, so if I post it it's because I believe the source to be credible and it fits with the eye test/metrics (for example, he's got a typically low rebound/block rate for a PF with such measurements).

The 6'8'' barefoot might have been a round up though.

Gagnrath
02-12-2024, 09:38 AM
Tunnel vision isn’t the same as low bball iq

No but it can definitely be a symptom of low BB IQ.

SouthernFryd
02-12-2024, 10:09 AM
If Sochan is 6'9"...he's the smallest 6'9" I've seen. Hell, Charles Barkley looks bigger and he's only 6'4". Sochan plays like a Smaller guy. So does Collins...and Barlow...and everyone not named Wemby. If they're bigger than they look, they need to start playing like it.

We need a "real" big to help Wemby. Maybe a couple of them.

MultiTroll
02-12-2024, 10:59 AM
Thought Stern Jr. or even going all the way back to Sternfish said all measurements had to be barefoot and legit?

Just propaganda per usual from those two?