Oh, Gee!!
12-05-2005, 09:56 AM
Kick some Ass Dubya-style. W00t W00t

DarkReign
12-05-2005, 10:00 AM
I hope this is rhetorical.

What are we gonna do?

Invade? oh...Im sorry...Liberate.

Our military cant afford another occupation. It can barely afford the one we have now.

What is your solution? Seen the military recruiting numbers lately? they arent getting better and nor will they. I dont think they ever will again.

What do we do? We continue on the negotiation path because we cant do it alone anymore. Iraq is proving that.

Ok, invade. Then start a draft. Is it your goal to destroy this country? No one is being drafted anymore for controversial wars. WW1&2 were not controversial when the draft started.

Vietnam always was, Iraq certainly is. I dont know what you suggest?

spurster
12-05-2005, 10:12 AM
The US will be forced to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities making enemies out of our Shiite "allies" in Iraq.

This is one reason the US needs to get out of Iraq.

Mr. Peabody
12-05-2005, 11:00 AM
We have tried the France/Britain/
Germany way, negotiationing.

We need to use more strategery in our negotiationing.

101A
12-05-2005, 12:04 PM
The US will be forced to bomb Iran's nuclear facilities making enemies out of our Shiite "allies" in Iraq.

This is one reason the US needs to get out of Iraq.

Israel will do it - U.S. won't have to.

Oh, Gee!!
12-05-2005, 12:26 PM

hey great!! WWIII

Phil E.Buster
12-05-2005, 12:37 PM
I'm sure the Bush administration has all the evidence to prove that Iran is an immediate threat and must be taken out now!!

I for one do not wish to wait until a "mushroom cloud" appears over our beloved country!

2centsworth
12-05-2005, 12:44 PM
thank you. we just have to get out of the way.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 12:52 PM
Well that begs the question "Can we really get out of the way?" After all we do provide an enormous amount of aid and support to Israel, and many Arabs think the US and Israel do everything in concert. Add to that the fact that the attack will be made on the religious brothers of the majority leaders of the new Iraq -- it might not be so simple to even appear out of the way of such an attack.

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 02:36 PM
Don't waste your breath, chump. If you think we can't do anything in the middle east, and we'll have to sit by and watch the ME breed more terrorist organizations and remain marginalized to the rest of the world, then your side should come up with concessions to OBL and all the terrorist groups. Besides, any war liberals can't win they end up legalizing it. ex. War on Drugs, War on Crime,.. SO might as well legalize terrorism.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 02:41 PM
and we'll have to sit by But that's what I was just told we'll do in this case. So butt out if you aren't going to talk about Iran and don't waste bandwidth with stupid rhetoric.

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 02:44 PM
What are talking about? I'm not bashing you for acknowledging the fact that we'll have to sit by, just your other ideas of how it's a waste of time trying to reform the ME.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 03:05 PM
What are talking about?Iran. Scroll up.

The Hustler
12-05-2005, 09:56 PM
Okay, Iran is supposedly only months away from an Atomic Weapon. What,
if anything, should the United States do? We have tried the France/Britain/
Germany way, negotiationing. Now what?

negotiate and maintain good relations. the iranian people are oppressed.

they may revolt one day soon. America can help if needed.

but we cannot initiate a conflict like in Iraq. wouldn't be prudent at this juncture...:lol :tu

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-05-2005, 11:41 PM
plus, iran possessing the capability to make nukes isn't going to increase the likelihood of the us mainland getting hit by a nuclear weapon

Actually I suspect the idea will be for them to come up with two of them and smuggle them out of the country for simultaneous explosions - one in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, the other in D.C.

It won't be riding an Iranian missile anywhere, it'll be passed to AQ for smuggling.

CharlieMac
12-05-2005, 11:44 PM
Apparently, if we weren't in a war with Iraq, the left would be all for dealing with Iran.

exstatic
12-05-2005, 11:55 PM
Ironically, it looks like Iran WILL have WMDs while we are in the midst of the Halliburton trumped up oil-fest in Iraq. The fucked up thing is that they probably wouldn't have dared to do this unless they knew our military were stretched beyond the breaking point. The cool thing about not invading anyone is that you always have the threat. We lack that now.

RandomGuy
12-05-2005, 11:56 PM

I am not entirely sure about this.

The Israelis almost always act in their own self interest, and this would seem to be just such the case, but I really wonder if they would do so without the go-ahead from the US, which I don't see as forthcoming.

Even someone as incompetant as GW would realize how thinly stretched the US military is.

This has the potential to be... bad.

I for one don't really care if they get them. The first country that uses nukes will pay a far heavier price than one might think, and as crazy as the current Iranian president is, I doubt even he would use them. If Iran wants to beggar it's economy on a pointless arms race, I say let them.

bigzak25
12-06-2005, 12:00 AM
Ironically, it looks like Iran WILL have WMDs while we are in the midst of the Halliburton trumped up oil-fest in Iraq. The fucked up thing is that they probably wouldn't have dared to do this unless they knew our military were stretched beyond the breaking point. The cool thing about not invading anyone is that you always have the threat. We lack that now.

so you are admitting that the United States, as the Main Superpower Nation is responsible for policing the earth with regards to weapons of mass destruction?

bigzak25
12-06-2005, 12:01 AM
what good is a threat of attack (for self preservation and liberation purposes) if it's only a threat...

Nbadan
12-06-2005, 01:22 AM
Actually I suspect the idea will be for them to come up with two of them and smuggle them out of the country for simultaneous explosions - one in Jerusalem or Tel Aviv, the other in D.C.

It won't be riding an Iranian missile anywhere, it'll be passed to AQ for smuggling.

Are you high? If, and this is a big if, Iran was able to produce 3 nuclear weapons, don't you think it would be more prudent for them to keep them as a defensive weapon in case of an invasion? Jerusalem is as holy to Muslims as it is to Christians and Jews. Israel 'allegedly' has hundreds of nuclear weapons, you think Iran wants to face that rath?

gtownspur
12-06-2005, 01:26 AM
Jerusalem was never holy to muslims until The jews started to maintain it, and the christians wanted to retrieve it. Muslims have this little kid mentality, that anything some one has is theirs. According to them Abraham gave them the blessing and not Isaac the father of Israel. And before they knew of an old testament they were just a bunch of nomads who had no clue about Abraham.

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:27 AM
Are you high? If, and this is a big if, Iran was able to produce 3 nuclear weapons, don't you think it would be more prudent for them to keep them as a defensive weapon in case of an invasion? Jerusalem is as holy to Muslims as it is to Christians and Jews. Israel 'allegedly' has hundreds of nuclear weapons, you think Iran wants to face that rath?

That makes sense.

gtownspur
12-06-2005, 02:37 AM
^Wow eriks, you just proved that second hand marijuana smoke is that potent after all.

Extra Stout
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM
Iranian fundamentalist leadership has maintained for a decade or more that they are willing to see 50 million Muslims die in exchange for the 6 million Israeli Jews.

CommanderMcBragg
12-06-2005, 10:59 AM

I too think Iran wants nuclear weapons as a defensive weapon more than anything. It is hard to argue that when we say that is the purpose of our nuclear weapons.

101A
12-06-2005, 12:19 PM
right now iran is riding a wave of fundamentalism (in america, conservativism, in germany during the weimar republic, jingoism)

i think the us should do "negotiationing" in concert with the un for as long as it takes, and hope the fundy leaders lose favor with the people because of domestic conerns....because if shit hits the fan in iran..it really gonbe some shit

iran will also put up a much better fight than iraq...i can't even imagine what the results would be if we tried to 'occupy'/'liberate' iran half-assedly like we're doing in iraq right now

ww3 is right

plus, iran possessing the capability to make nukes isn't going to increase the likelihood of the us mainland getting hit by a nuclear weapon

WW's I & II were fought by opposing forces with very equal potential, both in soldiers, and in technology - and included the choosing of sides by a multitude of nations just about spanning the globe.

A US Iranian war does not begin to meet that level of conflict, regardless of how "thin" our military might be spread.

Also, do you actually consider conservatives in this country the equivalent of radical islamasists & Nazis? You might want to expand your mind a bit.

DarkReign
12-06-2005, 02:00 PM
Look, lets all take a step back and realize something that is very true.

The American military is the single-greatest military the world has ever seen.
The American military holds a HUGE advantage over any single country in terms of war.

Absolute true statements. Now, if every country in the world signed a treaty and attacked the US, we would most likely lose.

But that is NEVER going to happen.

Sooooo....

Iran, shmran. You know, there would be no argument about Iraq if Sadaam had attacked Kuwait/whomever like he did in 90-91. If/when Iran has nuclear capability (dont forget N.Korea), let them think they have an upper hand. Force them into something stupid, unite the world against them, and run every single living thing inside its borders from the face of the planet.

Sign me up, coach.

It is my opinion that the inherant differences between Western and MiddleEastern cultures is too much to overcome. They are a culture that was FORCED to advance to even be able to sit at the same table as the rest of the world.

If you were the slow kid at school, and medical science suddenly cured you, what would your reaction be to the other kids who mocked you all your life and had things and accomplished things all whilst you werent able to? Spell jealousy and anger.

I am of the mind, they (the ME) has 2 choices. Cut the pounding your chest routine and join the fucking 19th century at least, or continue down this path of futility and brutality and reap the consequences.

Iran will fuck up. Just give em time. It wont be on US soil either. If/when they have nukes, they are going to be reeeeeeeeal confident at any and all negotiating tables. They might just get into a spat with a fellow regional country. Let them kill each other.

IMO, the US leadership has to step away from this direct approach to the region. I think subtlety is needed. Turn these neanderthals against one another somehow. They only have one uniting factor...they all hate us. Nothing unites better than a common enemy. Remove the common enemy somehow by driving wedges between them all. That whole region would self-destruct faster than an Inspector Gadget note from Chief (5secs fyi).

My opinion anyway. I have no love of the people that inhabit the region. None, zero. Thats why this liberation bullshit the Pres exudes bothers the hell out of me. These people havent been on the same level since the Babylonian days. I cant remember where I heard this (probably the History channel), but even in those days the Westerners were more confused by the people of the middle east more than they were scared.

Even then, the leaders didnt exactly negotiate in any form of civil manner or engage in any meaningful politics. Sound familiar?

As much as things change, the more they stay the same. Give them more than enough rope to hang themselves. We'll swoop in for the oil after their done killing themselves like the animals they are. Their lives are one step up the ladder from my dog on the Importance Meter.

RandomGuy
12-06-2005, 06:18 PM
right now iran is riding a wave of fundamentalism (in america, conservativism, in germany during the weimar republic, jingoism)

i think the us should do "negotiationing" in concert with the un for as long as it takes, and hope the fundy leaders lose favor with the people because of domestic conerns....because if shit hits the fan in iran..it really gonbe some shit

iran will also put up a much better fight than iraq...i can't even imagine what the results would be if we tried to 'occupy'/'liberate' iran half-assedly like we're doing in iraq right now

ww3 is right

Bear in mind that the Iranian population is about 4 times as large as Iraq, more spread out, and the economy is in better shape, with multi-billion dollar contracts with Russia and China.

There will be no invasion or attack of Iran by a unilateral US government. We may be the only standing superpower, but we are NOT invincible.

Yonivore
12-06-2005, 10:53 PM
I think we loan Israel some real estate on an aircraft carrier stationed off the coast of Iran. It's the only way Israel could logistically pull it off.

Oh yeah, we could loan them some of our crack CIA intelligence **cough**cough** "operatives." When they're not talking to ABC, that is.

Seriously, I think we encourage and support anyone willing to turn their nuclear ambitions into to a pile of rubble...or, do it ourselves. We're in the neighborhood.

gtownspur
12-06-2005, 11:06 PM
:rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin :rollin

I know, that's the best you got. :blah

If you think islam is older than christianity and Judiasm then you need to repeat the 4th grade. Islam was started 1000 yrs after christianity and and 3000 yrs after Judaism. Islam was is based on the belief of one man who claimed that all of Judaism was wrong even though they wrote the book on Abraham and Isaac and that Abraham blessed Ishmael and the arab races. If it hadn't been for the Old testament, mohammed would of raped every fuck in the region to worship a pagan moon god.

Seriously, if you want to discuss theology i suggest you debate someone else.

Yonivore
12-06-2005, 11:10 PM
Islam was is based on the belief of one man
A drunken, murderer at that.

gtownspur
12-06-2005, 11:13 PM
Don't say that, you'd might get death by a thousand smileys.

Yonivore
12-06-2005, 11:14 PM
Don't say that, you'd might get death by a thousand smileys.
Fatwas just don't carry the weight they once did; now, do they?