PDA

View Full Version : Iran only months away from a bomb

Dos
12-05-2005, 10:56 AM
I guess Nbadan and the left still think they didn't want to develop a nuclear
weapon.. I guess they just wanted nuclear energy... lol..

Dec. 5, 2005 7:16 | Updated Dec. 5, 2005 9:44
El Baradei: Iran only months away from a bomb
By JPOST.COM STAFF

IAEA chairman Muhammad ElBaradei on Monday confirmed Israel's assessment that Iran is only a few months away from creating an atomic bomb.

If Teheran indeed resumed its uranium enrichment in other plants, as threatened, it will take it only "a few months" to produce a nuclear bomb, El-Baradei told The Independent.

On the other hand, he warned, any attempt to resolve the crisis by non-diplomatic means would "open a Pandora's box. There would be efforts to isolate Iran; Iran would retaliate; and at the end of the day you have to go back to the negotiating table to find the solution."

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 10:58 AM
When do we invade?

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2005, 11:16 AM
I guarantee that if the U.S. invades Iran, the shit will hit the fan.

boutons
12-05-2005, 11:38 AM
Israel is extremely motivated to have the world get on Irans's case.

I've read articles where reports of "Iran is 5 years away from a bomb" being made for the past 15 - 20 years. One article said Iran is still, today, 10 years away from nuclear capability. That seems like a long time, but whatever. Iran has had a theoracy finanaced by oil revenues for 25 years since the Iranian revolution. Seems like more than enough time to develop a bomb.

If they don't have it by now, why not?
If they do have it, where's the irrefutable proof?

The USA got bluffed by Saddam about WMD and didn't have intelligence to know whether Saddam was bluffing or not.

So the Repubs invaded Iraq on bad intelligence (nobody held responsible), so now we have a horrible USA disaster in Iraq with NO BENEFIT TO THE USA.

When Israel felt threatened by Iraq's reactor, Israel destroyed the reactor.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Osiraq

If Israel feels threatend by Iran, Israel should act in its own defense. I expect Israel's intelligence on Iran is much better than USA's (and intelliegence probably not fully shared with USA).

Iran is not to be taken lightly, but with the context of the totally anti-ME-stability, counterproductive Repug war in Iraq, now is not the time, just as Israel and Palistinians are getting separated and Gaza is opening up, to throw oil on the ME fire with an attack on Iran without absolutely solid evidence Iran has a bomb.

One of the casualties of the Repub Iraq war is USA's credibility and the world's solidarity. dubya totally destroyeed US credibilty with the Iraq WMD bullshit. The CIA/NSA are seen to be jokers for having bad intelligence on Iran (they also totally missed the collapse of the Soviet Union, duh). While Iran is widely known to be fomenter and supporter of terrrorism (where Sadam wasn't) that would justify USA going after Iraq (to say nothing of payback for the Teheran embassy destruction/hostayes still unpunishied), dubya claiming "Iran is building/has a bomb" would not be believed.

dubya's "intelligence" was absolutely wrong on Iraq WMD, so the world is going to believe his "intelligence" on Iran?

101A
12-05-2005, 12:02 PM
The USA got bluffed by Saddam about WMD and didn't have intelligence to know whether Saddam was bluffing or not.

Yeah....

how'd that work out for Saddam, anyway?

boutons
12-05-2005, 12:13 PM
"how'd that work out for Saddam, anyway?"

Saddam the person wasn't the threat.
Iraq's WMD were said to be capable of visiting an immediate nuclear holocaust on the USA.

Saddam existed, WMD didn't.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 12:18 PM
Yeah....

how'd that work out for Saddam, anyway?Better then the thousands that died in the invasion and occupation.

101A
12-05-2005, 12:48 PM
"how'd that work out for Saddam, anyway?"

Saddam the person wasn't the threat.
Iraq's WMD were said to be capable of visiting an immediate nuclear holocaust on the USA.

Saddam existed, WMD didn't.

Then why did he bluff? (Honest question - I can't figure his motive)

101A
12-05-2005, 12:49 PM
Better then the thousands that died in the invasion and occupation.

Something tells me his date with a rope ain't that far off.

ChumpDumper
12-05-2005, 12:53 PM
I think it may be quite a ways off given the pace of the current trial and the others to follow.

Dos
12-05-2005, 01:30 PM
why would a country who is rich in oil want nuclear power...?

http://newsimg.bbc.co.uk/media/images/40953000/jpg/_40953724_nuclearap203b.jpg

boutons
12-05-2005, 01:50 PM
"Then why did he bluff?"

To scare off his adjacent enemies, or anybody else.

Remember the Iran/Iraq war of the 80s, where the US supported and equipped Saddam?

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 02:56 PM
The ME didn't need bluffing to believe that Sadaam had WMD's since he did use it on his own people.

Nbadan
12-05-2005, 03:02 PM

Why does the country with the most dominant military in the world sell it's arms to foreign governments? The Iranians can make money off the oil.

Dos
12-05-2005, 03:19 PM
Nbadan.. eh ever heard of defense contractors...?

Manu'sMagicalLeftHand
12-05-2005, 04:57 PM

You should be able to answer that being from the US...

Marklar MM
12-05-2005, 05:10 PM
You should be able to answer that being from the US...

If you are implying that we are rich in oil, you are wrong. Implying that nuclear energy is our obvious right, we made it.

MaNuMaNiAc
12-05-2005, 06:03 PM
If you are implying that we are rich in oil, you are wrong. Implying that nuclear energy is our obvious right, we made it.
http://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gifhttp://spurstalk.com/forums/images/smilies/smilol.gif idiot statement of the day

gtownspur
12-05-2005, 07:16 PM
"We" made it????????????????

if by "we" you mean an international coalition of scientists who prefered to be as far away from nazi germany as possible, then yes.

but the US was the first to abuse nuclear energy

Regardless, they were made american citizens in the process and we funded the goddamn thing. SO yeah, we made it.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-05-2005, 07:33 PM

The Ayatollah pretty much stated Iran wanted nukes to wipe Israel off the face of the earth.

We won't have to worry about the Iran nuclear problem, Israel is going to blow that shit sky high long before Tehran rolls out a nuke.

croutons,

I expect Israel's intelligence on Iran is much better than USA's (and intelliegence probably not fully shared with USA).

You realize we got a significant contribution to our pre-war intel from the Mossad, right? :lol

Of course they weren't wrong on that either, they (and us) weren't planning on Saddam moving his weapons to Syria.

Vashner
12-05-2005, 07:48 PM
Surrender to Mother Iran.

Your infidel Amerika will burn like sky of fire.. wait hold on my motorola is buzzing.. hello.. by ALLAH! YOu better rent that new Jim Carey movie or I will slap you in your burka.. woman!.. wait.. Oh where was I .. ah hem.. like I was saying AMERIIIKA will burn with our Nuke and the infidels will ... damn call waiting. .hold on another call... don't you hate the infidel technolgy.

DarkReign
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
Surrender to Mother Iran.

Your infidel Amerika will burn like sky of fire.. wait hold on my motorola is buzzing.. hello.. by ALLAH! YOu better rent that new Jim Carey movie or I will slap you in your burka.. woman!.. wait.. Oh where was I .. ah hem.. like I was saying AMERIIIKA will burn with our Nuke and the infidels will ... damn call waiting. .hold on another call... don't you hate the infidel technolgy.

That was actually funny