PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Voters to Decide on Marijuana Depenalization Ordinance

FuzzyLumpkins
02-15-2024, 07:18 PM
City officials have certified a municipal initiative depenalizing marijuana possession for the May 6th ballot.

Advocates with the group Ground Game Texas collected over 37,000 signatures from municipal voters to qualify the measure for the local ballot.

The measure seeks to prohibit local law enforcement from making low-level marijuana-related arrests. It also stipulates that police cannot “consider the odor of marijuana or hemp to constitute probable cause for any search or seizure.”

https://norml.org/blog/2023/02/10/texas-san-antonio-voters-to-decide-on-marijuana-depenalization-ordinance/

Even more reason to vote on Super Tuesday.

pgardn
02-15-2024, 07:46 PM
City officials have certified a municipal initiative depenalizing marijuana possession for the May 6th ballot.

Advocates with the group Ground Game Texas collected over 37,000 signatures from municipal voters to qualify the measure for the local ballot.

The measure seeks to prohibit local law enforcement from making low-level marijuana-related arrests. It also stipulates that police cannot “consider the odor of marijuana or hemp to constitute probable cause for any search or seizure.”

https://norml.org/blog/2023/02/10/texas-san-antonio-voters-to-decide-on-marijuana-depenalization-ordinance/

Even more reason to vote on Super Tuesday.

I’ll take it.
Even though I don’t partake in said plant products.

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2024, 07:51 PM
A state court can and will definitely challenge this and win. This is a state's rights issue, not a local rights issue. CosmicCowboy shall confirm

FuzzyLumpkins
02-15-2024, 08:28 PM
A state court can and will definitely challenge this and win. This is a state's rights issue, not a local rights issue. CosmicCowboy shall confirm

It is in litigation. Not surprised you are channeling Ken Paxton's preferred outcome.

Thread
02-15-2024, 08:42 PM
"Fine. Let them lose their souls."

Millennial_Messiah
02-15-2024, 09:12 PM
It is in litigation. Not surprised you are channeling Ken Paxton's preferred outcome.

It's a states rights issue, not a local rights issue, whether you agree or not.

In Illinois where guns are heavily regulated, let's just say one ultra-right wing county downstate voted to allow unregulated gun sales without FOIDs. Do you think the Illinois state should not be allowed to prohibit this?

Do you think, say, voters in Kern County California should be allowed to vote to ban abortion in their county?

Same concept.

clambake
02-15-2024, 10:35 PM
Uh oh

Thread
02-15-2024, 11:12 PM
Uh oh

Bend over. I'll show ya fuckin' Uh oh.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-16-2024, 01:36 AM

In Illinois where guns are heavily regulated, let's just say one ultra-right wing county downstate voted to allow unregulated gun sales without FOIDs. Do you think the Illinois state should not be allowed to prohibit this?

Do you think, say, voters in Kern County California should be allowed to vote to ban abortion in their county?

Same concept.

Assertions and red herrings. Nice.

Again it is being litigated. It is for the court's to decide not an old man pretending to be 30 years younger than he is.

Millennial_Messiah
02-16-2024, 02:00 PM
Assertions and red herrings. Nice.

Again it is being litigated. It is for the court's to decide not an old man pretending to be 30 years younger than he is.
Obviously false on two accounts. First, you don't know the proper definition and usage of the metaphor 'red herring'. Second, you don't know me and yes, I am indeed 30, not sixty, if you'd like to offer me $100K cash to prove it under penalty of perjury then I absolutely will, if not then you're just a pussy and a talking head.

FuzzyLumpkins
02-16-2024, 02:07 PM
Obviously false on two accounts. First, you don't know the proper definition and usage of the metaphor 'red herring'. Second, you don't know me and yes, I am indeed 30, not sixty, if you'd like to offer me $100K cash to prove it under penalty of perjury then I absolutely will, if not then you're just a pussy and a talking head.

You want me to talk about gun rights and abortion over an asserted equivalence. Sorry I am not looking at the shitty monkey, err red herring.

And :lol words are cheap and you have no credibility.

The issue is still being litigated nonetheless.

Blake
02-16-2024, 02:41 PM

Same concept.

Not the same concept. The measure is basically telling SAPD they can't make these types of arrests. It might be illegal with the state but if passed, if the state wants it enforced then they would need to enforce it.

lefty
02-16-2024, 02:43 PM
Yeah but they would have to get their fat asses out of their couches to go vote

leemajors
02-16-2024, 06:44 PM
Not the same concept. The measure is basically telling SAPD they can't make these types of arrests. It might be illegal with the state but if passed, if the state wants it enforced then they would need to enforce it.

If it's anything like Austin, they can make the arrests, the DA just won't charge.

koriwhat
02-17-2024, 01:25 PM
Who gives a fuck!

SA should vote to bury all weak males like Fluffer if we're being honest here. It would do more good for the whole of society than decriminalizing etc when it comes to weed. :tu:lol

ChumpDumper
02-17-2024, 01:33 PM
^ smokes marijuana every day

z0sa
02-17-2024, 05:38 PM

Same concept.

Cops don't make arrests typically if they know there won't be any charges brought. You must think Texas, the state and its law apparatus, has infinite resources to prosecute low level marijuana users within the city limits of one of the state's largest urban areas. Newsflash; they don't, and won't.

Abortion is literally a hundred times more important to the state than weed is, sorry jabroni.

Tyronn Lue
02-17-2024, 07:28 PM
Shouldn't be an issue if done in Uvalde, just say you're shooting up a school. You'll never see a cop.

koriwhat
02-17-2024, 09:36 PM
Shouldn't be an issue if done in Uvalde, just say you're shooting up a school. You'll never see a cop.

Just like that recent tranny, amirite? :lmao:lol

clambake
02-17-2024, 09:51 PM
Just like that recent tranny, amirite? :lmao:lol

Oh, I didn’t know all those Uvalde cops are tranny.

Are those cops tranny, Joey?

Blake
02-17-2024, 09:58 PM
Minutes Ago
koriwhat
LMAO

This message is hidden because koriwhat is on your ignore list.
View Post
Remove user from ignore list

Just can't take his retard rants any more. Just can't.

koriwhat
02-18-2024, 03:53 PM
Cops don't make arrests typically if they know there won't be any charges brought. You must think Texas, the state and its law apparatus, has infinite resources to prosecute low level marijuana users within the city limits of one of the state's largest urban areas. Newsflash; they don't, and won't.

Abortion is literally a hundred times more important to the state than weed is, sorry jabroni.

Actually, sitting on a grand jury will expose you to 95% of cases due to "smells like marijuana in there" when there isn't any to be found. It's a cops go to.

koriwhat
02-18-2024, 03:55 PM
Poor Clam is another fruit here that just can't quit me. Why are you so gay bro? :lmao

ChumpDumper
02-18-2024, 04:22 PM
^ smoking marijuana as he posts

FuzzyLumpkins
02-18-2024, 04:26 PM
I just think it is funny that he opposes something that would assist him because I am the one posting it. Then he accuses others of obsessing.

Trainwreck2100
02-18-2024, 06:05 PM

They can easily arrest someone, what you're talking about is if they will prosecute.

koriwhat
02-19-2024, 02:13 AM
They can easily arrest someone, what you're talking about is if they will prosecute.

And that's where the grand jury comes into the equation. :tu

ChumpDumper
02-19-2024, 03:04 AM
^ still high