PDA

View Full Version : San Antonio Spurs vs. OKC Thunder Game Thread

Pages : 1 [2]

rjv
03-01-2024, 12:38 PM
it was a great atmosphere at the Frost Bank Center last night; what a game!

Seventyniner
03-01-2024, 12:46 PM
thanks for keeping my head straight there ... it just felt worse than 11 TOs probably OKC scored on all of them?!

The Spurs had 5 turnovers in the first quarter and the Thunder scored an ungodly 14 points off those.

Credit to the Spurs for cleaning it up the rest of the game.

JPB
03-01-2024, 01:05 PM
Same thing was said about Memphis. Y’all really forget things change in the NBA quickly. There’s only been one or two teams that ever stayed consistent with its same core and with same winning results and that was the Spurs of old and the Warriors. These young teams who shine for one year and then become irrelevant after a year or two because shit happens is way more common than them continue their upward trajectory.

SGA and Chet are a lethal combo and seem to have a good head on their shoulders. that's a great base to build on, the rest is about finding and keeping elite role players. They're here to stay IMO.

JPB
03-01-2024, 01:11 PM
On another note, I watched the game with OKC coverage and I swear they didn't give one ounce of credit to Wemby and the spurs, outside of he's 7'4 and he has big wingspan... They were freezing in silence everytime Wemby was having a nice play.

For all their flaws, Sean and spurs broadcasting crew always give credit to opponents where it's due... They always praise Segun or Chet for example when they play well. These OKC commentators were 100% focused on their guys, just giving the score when spurs were getting buckets, like they just couldn't say anything positive about our guys.

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 02:16 PM
The Thunder fanbase is the worst in the NBA tied with the Celtics. Just no knowledge of the game, but demanding everyone pay homage and fealty to them constantly. Neediness combined with arrogance and ignorance.

SGA is great, but is given 10 free throws a game for no apparent reason. Today's NBA.

Jalen Williams looks like a basketball-playing dumpling.

Holmgren looks like he's going to kill his old high school friends with an axe.
this is cope

and the Williams/Holmgren "critiques" are middle school level weird physical insults

Mugen
03-01-2024, 02:36 PM
JDub is on a Kawhi like trajectory tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that in 2 years he's a superstar and Thunder's best player.

Chet is nice but I've said it before and will say it again that he's an elite role player, I don't see a KG/Dirk like ceiling in his future tbh.

thiste
03-01-2024, 03:27 PM
JDub is on a Kawhi like trajectory tbh. I wouldn't be surprised if you told me that in 2 years he's a superstar and Thunder's best player.

Agreed. I've been very impressed by his shooting touch all season, he's also a very cunning & crafty player. If he keeps this up he's gonna be an All-Star / All-NBA in a few years.

Mr. Body
03-01-2024, 03:32 PM
this is cope

and the Williams/Holmgren "critiques" are middle school level weird physical insults

Lmao no. Embiid, Morant and SGA are foul merchants. Run into players and fall down. There's no way he's with ten free throws a game. Just watch him. The calls he gets would never get call called ten years ago. You're not allowed to guard him. He's not an MVP without that massive boost.

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 03:40 PM
Lmao no. Embiid, Morant and SGA are foul merchants. Run into players and fall down. There's no way he's with ten free throws a game. Just watch him. The calls he gets would never get call called ten years ago. You're not allowed to guard him. He's not an MVP without that massive boost.
I'll grant the foul merchant label for Embiid. He's just a giant Harden. I dont see it at all with SGA. Haven't really watched Morant in a long time so i cant say there

SGA is a 6'6 point guard with 7 foot wingspan who drives to the rim more than any player in the NBA other than maybe Giannis? He's going to draw fouls. I dont see him going out of his way to embellish contact like Harden or pulling Embiid's shenanigans

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 03:42 PM
correction, he scores on drives more than anybody in the half court

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 03:43 PM
he also doesnt get fouled on drives NEARLY as much as the big names

Mr. Body
03-01-2024, 03:57 PM

Chet is nice but I've said it before and will say it again that he's an elite role player, I don't see a KG/Dirk like ceiling in his future tbh.

I'd say that more about Williams. He's benefiting greatly from being the second guy. He's fantastic but I don't see much more ceiling.

Mr. Body
03-01-2024, 03:57 PM
I just see SGA run into defenders and get calls all the time to take it seriously.

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 04:04 PM
i'll take the data vs "what Mr. Body just sees"

thiste
03-01-2024, 04:22 PM
SGA is a 6'6 point guard with 7 inch wingspan

7 inch wingspan? Is he a T-Rex? :lol

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 04:25 PM
7 inch wingspan? Is he a T-Rex? :lol
touche. also,

bend over, i'll show you a 7 inch wingspan

FkLA
03-01-2024, 05:48 PM
Was this game on Bally? Couldn't catch it yesterday and wanted to watch the replay but I don't see it available on the Bally app--atleast not yet.

Splits
03-01-2024, 05:59 PM
Was this game on Bally? Couldn't catch it yesterday and wanted to watch the replay but I don't see it available on the Bally app--atleast not yet.

https://basketball-video.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-vs-san-antonio-spurs-feb-29-2024-nba-full-game-replay

Splits
03-01-2024, 06:01 PM
Nah we'll be rooting against him for years man because that Thunder team is going to be a bitch to get through in the west for a long time.

and they're the only team in the league more loaded with future picks than us.

Dex
03-01-2024, 06:05 PM

Check your PMs

barakz21
03-01-2024, 08:22 PM
https://basketball-video.com/oklahoma-city-thunder-vs-san-antonio-spurs-feb-29-2024-nba-full-game-replay

You sir, are a hero. Thank you for sharing this link! Does this site work for all replays? Or just for this game?

spurraider21
03-01-2024, 08:25 PM
Nah we'll be rooting against him for years man because that Thunder team is going to be a bitch to get through in the west for a long time.
i mean fuck the thunder but ill always like chet

felt the same way about Dirk

ill just get salty about chet when theres an awards debate between him and wemby. kind of like how all the kobe stans instinctively hated lebron all those years when it was clear lebron was the best player in the league

TekXX
03-01-2024, 08:32 PM

CBS, Ballys released 10 games to local channels.

Splits
03-01-2024, 08:54 PM
You sir, are a hero. Thank you for sharing this link! Does this site work for all replays? Or just for this game?

All NBA games. They're usually posted within 12 hours, sometimes much quicker, I think it only took like 2 hours for last night's game. And they almost always include different feeds with both home and away broadcasts.

EDIT: also NCAAM games with a ranked team playing

rascal
03-01-2024, 10:02 PM
A big test will be how they play in their next game. After celebrating a win they have come out flat in their next game.

barakz21
03-01-2024, 10:50 PM
All NBA games. They're usually posted within 12 hours, sometimes much quicker, I think it only took like 2 hours for last night's game. And they almost always include different feeds with both home and away broadcasts.

EDIT: also NCAAM games with a ranked team playing

Thats awesome, thank you once again!

thiste
03-03-2024, 07:45 PM
Dude is hilarious :lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nmvomgPNLI8