PDA

View Full Version : Spurs: ESPN begins the drive to get Victor out of SA

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 12:08 PM
lmao Danny Green

Thread
03-05-2024, 12:13 PM
lmao Danny Green

Well, (they///media) don't want Wemby wasting away on the vine whilst Pop has the time of his life holding the Front Office on tender hooks. There is no upside to that for media. None. They can't crucify Pop yet for it, because Silver says so, but that day is coming.

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2024, 12:14 PM
why is that fat whore of a whale even talking about basketball? Get her on some show about eating... Stupid cunt.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Well, (they///media) don't want Wemby wasting away on the vine whilst Pop has the time of his life holding the Front Office on tender hooks. There is no upside to that for media. None. They can't crucify Pop yet for it, because Silver says so, but that day is coming.
If they are in the lottery again they absolutely will next year.

adonis827
03-05-2024, 12:22 PM
Danny Green has not officially retired yet right?

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 12:23 PM
why is that fat whore of a whale even talking about basketball? Get her on some show about eating... Stupid cunt.
Pop made a mistake. He should have put talent around him this year exactly for this reason. The narrative was going to start sooner than later.

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2024, 12:24 PM
Pop made a mistake. He should have put talent around him this year exactly for this reason. The narrative was going to start sooner than later.

what could have he even done this year?

daslicer
03-05-2024, 12:25 PM
I don't care I always knew from the day the Spurs won the lottery the media would make a strong effort to get Victor out of SA. Spurs have him for 7-8 years and after that anything can happen. I pay it no mind.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 12:34 PM
I don't care I always knew from the day the Spurs won the lottery the media would make a strong effort to get Victor out of SA. Spurs have him for 7-8 years and after that anything can happen. I pay it no mind.
Not if Pop doesn’t win at least 30-35 games next year.

DAF86
03-05-2024, 12:41 PM

They will. Also, what's up bro, the "Baguette Bradley" shtick wasn't working no more and now you have to change the angle to "Wemby will be out of San Antonio sooner or later"? :lol

Chucho
03-05-2024, 12:48 PM
what could have he even done this year?

Anything resembling a competent, NBA-caliber starting PG would of been nice instead of ruining/exposing Sohan and wasting a chunk of the season doing that. I'm not a GM, but I think that wouldn't be too much to ask. Almost anything would of been better than what the old Man was doing.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 12:50 PM
They will. Also, what's up bro, the "Baguette Bradley" shtick wasn't working no more and now you have to change the angle to "Wemby will be out of San Antonio sooner or later"? :lol
ESPN got that shit started. Like I said they would. Didn’t think that would happen in year one :lol

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2024, 12:57 PM
Anything resembling a competent, NBA-caliber starting PG would of been nice instead of ruining/exposing Sohan and wasting a chunk of the season doing that. I'm not a GM, but I think that wouldn't be too much to ask. Almost anything would of been better than what the old Man was doing.

we should be getting that next season... Playing Sochan as PG is still dumb, so u're right about that.

daslicer
03-05-2024, 01:10 PM

Spurs are not going to ever trade him even if he pouts. Media will have to accept he's going to be in SA for at least 7-8 years.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 01:21 PM
Spurs are not going to ever trade him even if he pouts. Media will have to accept he's going to be in SA for at least 7-8 years.
Y’all said the same about Kawhi too. Media blasted SA for that. The point is when the media has a narrative, they will drive it home until they get the desired result. If he actually does start pouting, there’s nothing the Spurs can do to overcome it.

Thread
03-05-2024, 01:25 PM

Please, if she was torching the Lakers you'd be down there, moving my head out of there and eating her beaver, you damn pup, you!

Thread
03-05-2024, 01:26 PM
Y’all said the same about Kawhi too. Media blasted SA for that. The point is when the media has a narrative, they will drive it home until they get the desired result. If he actually does start pouting, there’s nothing the Spurs can do to overcome it.

Yep, and I've taught you that thru out our decades, child.

- Dad

Thread
03-05-2024, 01:33 PM

You're wrong, slicer. Those days are gone. Too much money to be earned by ALL concerned to waste temporal on it. The potential losses are down onto fine bond paper for those permitted to bear witness. Pop needs to be put out into one those pastures in Texas where the beautiful live with their hot daughter.

Thread
03-05-2024, 01:40 PM

I told ya to grow up and act like somebody and you finally listened.

Congratulations.

Texas_Ranger
03-05-2024, 01:47 PM
Please, if she was torching the Lakers you'd be down there, moving my head out of there and eating her beaver, you damn pup, you!

pretty sure she loves the Lakers, while i don't give a fuck about them, like no one should, as they ain't winning anything.

FuzzyLumpkins
03-05-2024, 02:18 PM
It's only natural that Laker's fans expect the NBA to gift them HoF. From Chamberlain on they've been able to merc their way to Lombardi's.

daslicer
03-05-2024, 02:32 PM

Spurs will not let him go like they did to Kawhi. They won't acquiescence to him making Kawhi like demands. He plays out his contract and then he will be free to leave if he wants to leave. The Kawhi like situation will never happen again.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 02:49 PM
Spurs will not let him go like they did to Kawhi. They won't acquiescence to him making Kawhi like demands. He plays out his contract and then he will be free to leave if he wants to leave. The Kawhi like situation will never happen again.
It’s a player driven league. Who was the last team that told a star player no to a trade?

Thread
03-05-2024, 03:10 PM
It's only natural that Laker's fans expect the NBA to gift them HoF. From Chamberlain on they've been able to merc their way to Lombardi's.

Agreed,,,then Cuban showed up and put the stopper in the bottle on that rigamoral for always. We had it so sweet. And then GONE, POOF, over-over. Now we have to earn it just like the next asshole in the line.

Thread
03-05-2024, 03:12 PM
It’s a player driven league. Who was the last team that told a star player no to a trade?

Yep, and it's the Black man who jammed that notion down White man owner's throats. White men had run it thru White men/players, but no more.

Thread
03-05-2024, 03:14 PM

& it didn't have to happen that time. You had the bridge twixt Duncan & Kawhi/and company, but, Pop got proud and the rest is history.

Thread
03-05-2024, 03:17 PM
pretty sure she loves the Lakers, while i don't give a fuck about them, like no one should, as they ain't winning anything.

But she's hung 'em up by their Buster Brown's on numerous occasions. She's been made a BIG SHOT, caught the WOKE rail at the choicest time and , much to our chagrin can't be trusted to carry Laker water when said water needs to be carried. She's rendered useless.

Robz4000
03-05-2024, 03:34 PM
:lol surprised you flipped on Wemby this soon but congrats for seeing the light djohn2oo8

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 03:45 PM
:lol surprised you flipped on Wemby this soon but congrats for seeing the light djohn2oo8 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870)
I’m just not going around parading stats in a 13 win season. Also, I’ve always said if Pop doesn’t put a team around him he will leave. However, the Spurs will be shit on next season if they are still terrible. That 4-5 year timeframe is nonexistent.

Thread
03-05-2024, 04:21 PM
:lol surprised you flipped on Wemby this soon but congrats for seeing the light djohn2oo8 (https://www.spurstalk.com/forums/member.php?u=14870)

That damn dj has been playin' possum, that SOB, Rob. Portending he was in from the beginning.

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 04:28 PM
That damn dj has been playin' possum, that SOB, Rob. Portending he was in from the beginning.
Make no mistake. That team should still have more than 13 wins.

Robz4000
03-05-2024, 04:56 PM
Spurs could literally just bring back the same team next year and they'll win 35 games alone as long as Sochan doesn't start at PG tbh. Agree with the notion that the team's record is as bad as it is because of Pop; whether that's due to tanking or him being senile (I lean towards the latter) is up for debate.

Proxy
03-05-2024, 05:17 PM
I like how they ask DG since he's got the most insight to the operation, then follow up with baseless opinions and ignore him, lmao

give ATL their pick back and whatever else and nab Trae this summer and go from there

Thread
03-05-2024, 06:20 PM
Spurs could literally just bring back the same team next year and they'll win 35 games alone as long as Sochan doesn't start at PG tbh. Agree with the notion that the team's record is as bad as it is because of Pop; whether that's due to tanking or him being senile (I lean towards the latter) is up for debate.

...it's a pure combination and that combination is a disaster no matter the setting. Even in your salad days he was a might precocious. Now he's genuinely left the reservation and is perpetually ornery because he's outlived his usefulness, but will not say goodbye no matter what. You just have to remind yourself fresh about those 5 rings and dig in deeper and deeper into the particulars of each one. That's your salvation; those precious moments when loss was turned into victory. That's how rings are, they cannot be taken away, that's the glory of them. They're forever. Only then can you relive the miserable days and how that misery turned so then all your left with is the ring and you can sleep then.

Brazil
03-05-2024, 07:52 PM
Make no mistake. That team should still have more than 13 wins.

spurs tanked half of the season, min restrictions, freezing Victor, sochan as a pg, Victor playing on the perimeter…Pop is coaching since January, now that a high draft pick is almost certain, to make sure kid gets his roty and his numbers.

spurs season so far is a massive success, Victor is healthy, improving fast and furiously, draft pick on going, Victor is getting roty and is putting historical numbers, his usage is off the chart the last two months oh and Spurs are not dumb enough to throw tons of assets for a short fix on a situation that does not need to be fixed

djohn2oo8
03-05-2024, 07:59 PM
spurs tanked half of the season, min restrictions, freezing Victor, sochan as a pg, Victor playing on the perimeter…Pop is coaching since January, now that a high draft pick is almost certain, to make sure kid gets his roty and his numbers.

spurs season so far is a massive success, Victor is healthy, improving fast and furiously, draft pick on going, Victor is getting roty and is putting historical numbers, his usage is off the chart the last two months oh and Spurs are not dumb enough to throw tons of assets for a short fix on a situation that does not need to be fixed
You’re speaking as if next season is guaranteed improvement. It isn’t. Especially with the contracts Pop gave out.

Brazil
03-05-2024, 09:08 PM
You’re speaking as if next season is guaranteed improvement. It isn’t. Especially with the contracts Pop gave out.

next season is a guaranteed improvement even keeping same exact roster it is just a matter of not throwing away 1/3 of the season

Tyronn Lue
03-06-2024, 12:10 PM
I hope the Spurs don't believe that.

Media wants Victor on a large market team because he's a huge fan draw and they want to capitalize on it. He is literally losing millions sitting on the bench in South Texas.

Thread
03-06-2024, 12:21 PM
I hope the Spurs don't believe that.

Media wants Victor on a large market team because he's a huge fan draw and they want to capitalize on it. He is literally losing millions sitting on the bench in South Texas.

I taught you well, grasshopper.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2024, 02:15 PM
next season is a guaranteed improvement even keeping same exact roster it is just a matter of not throwing away 1/3 of the season
It’s not. That’s what will drive him out of SA. Y’all need to find a reliable PG.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2024, 02:16 PM
Never seen this happen so quick. Spurs have to hit on their picks this year, get a PG and another big.

Tyronn Lue
03-06-2024, 02:34 PM
I like how they ask DG since he's got the most insight to the operation, then follow up with baseless opinions and ignore him, lmao

give ATL their pick back and whatever else and nab Trae this summer and go from there
:lol They don't know LDN.

MultiTroll
03-06-2024, 02:53 PM
How do you propose that be accomplished?
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.sxK9hagUfxvsmcc3TiL61gHaDt?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

Thread
03-06-2024, 02:56 PM
How do you propose that be accomplished?
https://th.bing.com/th/id/OIP.sxK9hagUfxvsmcc3TiL61gHaDt?rs=1&pid=ImgDetMain

He has an ego the size of Hillary's ass.

MultiTroll
03-06-2024, 03:44 PM
He has an ego the size of Hillary's ass.
The Holts are 100% enablers.

Is Wemby so Tim Duncanesque that he will bring about a change?

Thread
03-06-2024, 03:48 PM
The Holts are 100% enablers.

Is Wemby so Tim Duncanesque that he will bring about a change?

Which is surprising. I didn't figure them for that behavior.

Brazil
03-06-2024, 04:40 PM
It’s not. That’s what will drive him out of SA. Y’all need to find a reliable PG.

:lol yes it is

I know you guys are desperate to see him leaving SA but it won't happen anytime soon.

djohn2oo8
03-06-2024, 05:05 PM
:lol yes it is

I know you guys are desperate to see him leaving SA but it won't happen anytime soon.
If you expect guaranteed improvement from this team, with how the roster is constructed you might be disappointed

Tyronn Lue
03-06-2024, 11:54 PM
I think one good vet player would make a lot of difference.

djohn2oo8
03-07-2024, 08:06 PM

Christ. In no way shape or form should any SA media publicize any possibility of this.

baseline bum
03-07-2024, 09:29 PM
If the roster is still shit by 2028 he probably should walk. This is where Victor wanted to be but the Spurs better start giving him some reasons to want to remain here and so far no one on this roster except maybe Vassell looks good enough to be one of those reasons.

widowmaker
03-09-2024, 03:42 PM

Well i wouldn’t want him to go to the lakers and catch AIDS from magic or fly into a mountain side like kobe.

Texas_Ranger
03-10-2024, 03:36 AM
If the roster is still shit by 2028 he probably should walk. This is where Victor wanted to be but the Spurs better start giving him some reasons to want to remain here and so far no one on this roster except maybe Vassell looks good enough to be one of those reasons.

He will be 24 in 28. Why the fuck would he want out, even if the team will still be bad? By 28 we will perhaps make the plaoffs 2 times at best... i dont wanna see a guy, not even in his prime, going to another team, just cause we are not favorites to win it all.... now, if they do fuck everything up and dont improve the team for the next 3, or 4 years, then id be pissed, but still, going to another team would just make him look weak.

djohn2oo8
03-10-2024, 06:09 PM
:lol You're worked up.

A Rockets fan is pushing this in the NBA forum. Rockets fans are upset still over the lottery last year and it has only gotten worse now that Wemby is getting HoF talk in his rookie year and we get a top 3 pick again while they treadmill.

In the meantime, their pick, Thompson, plays like a child and has flashed the upside of maybe winning a dunk contest.

Of course it's stupid. That is the whole point.

Don't be a puss and come address me here. Your pussy hurts because ESPN is trying to drive him out out SA and it's my fault. :lol

djohn2oo8
03-10-2024, 06:22 PM
By Midseason next year if no improvement. Shelburne, Windhorst, Stephen A.

djohn2oo8
04-16-2024, 12:57 PM

:lmao making demands without having proved shit. Clock is ticking on Pop.

chubbs
04-16-2024, 01:43 PM

:lmao making demands without having proved shit. Clock is ticking on Pop.

tbh he proved that while he doesn't improve a team, he can at least keep a team from regressing