PDA

View Full Version : Anybody here lived in Vegas?

spurraider21
03-15-2024, 12:18 PM
Just found out we're gonna have to be moving there this summer for wife's residency.

Anybody lived in Vegas or the surrounding area?

The program itself is at the Valley Health System, which is just NE of the airport, and a little closer to the strip than i'd like it to be. i've only been to vegas for weekend trips and only really hung around the strip, so dont have a really great sense of the area.

Any input would be appreciated

Millennial_Messiah
03-15-2024, 12:22 PM
Lived no, visited yes, but looks like you'll get to watch 7, 8, or 9 NFL games a year and live where your favorite team lives, so, lucky you! :)

FrostKing
03-17-2024, 11:37 AM
USA's Amsterdam. Couple of my friends that lived there turned jaded to the whole experience after a year. Money is good but your trying to live a regular life amongst everyones vacation. No horror stories, it's not Tijuana. Dating is disaster.

Millennial_Messiah
03-17-2024, 02:58 PM
USA's Amsterdam. Couple of my friends that lived there turned jaded to the whole experience after a year. Money is good but your trying to live a regular life amongst everyones vacation. No horror stories, it's not Tijuana. Dating is disaster.

Yeah, I've heard the same about Amsterdam and Mumbai there. Places where it's very easy to get laid if you have even a little bread, but almost impossible to find a wife material woman.

clambake
03-17-2024, 05:53 PM
I’m sure it’s just geography.

Chucho
03-18-2024, 12:40 PM
Even if you're not a fan of gambling, there's lots of shit to do. And, when you want to get out of the desert, you're a drive away to some gorgeous surroundings.

Win-win, plus you'll be in your football team's town.