PDA

View Full Version : 2024 Olympics Thread

Splits
03-19-2024, 06:40 AM
Calling it now, the home country will win the gold. Embiid will play for US even though he recently got French citizenship. WTF will a Wemby/Gobert lineup look like?

It's gonna be fun.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 06:47 AM
Don’t know about France winning it, but the US probably won’t. The world has caught up and passed by our individualistic hero ball tactics with ball movement and ball reversal. Fucking Serbia won the World Cup without Jokic last year.

Splits
03-19-2024, 06:57 AM
Don’t know about France winning it, but the US probably won’t. The world has caught up and passed by our individualistic hero ball tactics with ball movement and ball reversal. Fucking Serbia won the World Cup without Jokic last year.

With all the losing VW is experiencing this year, I think this is his moment to get his confidence back. Then come back roaring in 2025 in the NBA

CorrectCrusader
03-19-2024, 06:58 AM
Really depends on what Victor turns into during the Olympics, fiba patty? or just regular (which is still incredible). I expect him to come out guns ablaze

R. DeMurre
03-19-2024, 08:24 AM

Serbia was the runner up-- they lost to Germany in the final. But , yeah, it was impressive how well they played without Jokic.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 08:26 AM
Serbia was the runner up-- they lost to Germany in the final. But , yeah, it was impressive how well they played without Jokic.

My bad.

Splits
03-19-2024, 10:48 AM
Bruno do you have any insight as to who will be on the French National Team? I can't find anything in terms of their roster

MultiTroll
03-19-2024, 11:20 AM
Sthevie Kerr will get it rigged in the US favor one way or another, Warrior style?

I'd say watch the fuck out for him ordering one of the US to injure Wemby.

Wish i was kidding. Serious 100.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 11:49 AM
Sthevie Kerr will get it rigged in the US favor one way or another, Warrior style?

I'd say watch the fuck out for him ordering one of the US to injure Wemby.

Wish i was kidding. Serious 100.

You’re an idiot. He was the coach at the world Cup last year, and no one was injured. Well,the US pride was injured by not medalling, but that’s metaphorical.

MultiTroll
03-19-2024, 12:13 PM
You’re an idiot. He was the coach at the world Cup last year, and no one was injured. Well,the US pride was injured by not medalling, but that’s metaphorical.
Projection.
You act like an idiot, often.

World Cup is not Olympics, moron.

JPB
03-19-2024, 12:25 PM
Bruno do you have any insight as to who will be on the French National Team? I can't find anything in terms of their roster

Too early to call, rosters haven't been set yet, far from it. Not sure about Risacher or Sarr but here's a tendency (could change):

Guards : Frank Ntilikina, Andrew Albicy, Nando De Colo, Evan Fournier, Rodrigue Beaubois,

Forwards: Bilal Coulibaly, Timothé Luwawu Cabarrot, Terry Tarpey, Nicolas Batum

Bigs: Rudy Gobert, Guerschon Yabusele, Victor Wembanyama.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 12:33 PM
Projection.

It’s usually the same or nearly the same teams. The level of comp is pretty much identical. Just a bit more pomp and circumstance around the 5 rings.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 12:59 PM
us word cup team was like the olympic select team tbh :lol

US talent will still overwhelm imo

Splits
03-19-2024, 01:16 PM
US talent will still overwhelm imo

hard no. French team on their home turf with tons of talent must be the favorites to the gold. US team doesn't give 2 fuks

Ignazzz
03-19-2024, 01:23 PM
Projection.

The same level. Different excuses for US team only.

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 01:32 PM
French NT is between 2 cycles

Aside of Gobert Wemby most of the talent is quite old

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 01:37 PM
hard no. French team on their home turf with tons of talent must be the favorites to the gold. US team doesn't give 2 fuks
hard yes. US hasnt sent anything resembling an a-team for a while now. even when they won in 2021, you had guys like lavine, javale mcgee, jerami grant, khris middleton, keldon johnson on the roster. the only legit center they had was Bam who is 6'9 and not really built to wrestle with the big euros. even if embiid sits out with injury, this year they'll have legit bigs like anthony davis, jarrett allen, jjj, chet, kessler as candidates to make the squad, and a much deeper cast of scorers. last time it was basically durant-tatum who had significant scoring roles, they'll be much deeper this year with guys like nephew, lebron, edwards

2024 US team will be a different animal compared to anything we've seen for a while now

Splits
03-19-2024, 01:46 PM
hard yes. US hasnt sent anything resembling an a-team for a while now. even when they won in 2021, you had guys like lavine, javale mcgee, jerami grant, khris middleton, keldon johnson on the roster. the only legit center they had was Bam who is 6'9 and not really built to wrestle with the big euros. even if embiid sits out with injury, this year they'll have legit bigs like anthony davis, jarrett allen, jjj, chet, kessler as candidates to make the squad, and a much deeper cast of scorers. last time it was basically durant-tatum who had significant scoring roles, they'll be much deeper this year with guys like nephew, lebron, edwards

2024 US team will be a different animal compared to anything we've seen for a while now

ok, but le bleu are taking this really fucking srsly. I live next to them, it's not an afterthought. they see the Wemby homecoming and the gold as not just a nice-to-have but mission number one. Like life-or-death

Bruno
03-19-2024, 01:47 PM

French main lineup should be De Colo - Fournier - Batum - Wembanyama - Gobert

FNT strength is its bigs. Behind Wembanyama and Gobert, there are a lot of high quality players in Europe (Yabusele, Lessort, Poirier, Mouss Fall...)

FNT main weakness is its guards. De Colo, BTW one of the all time french greatest player, is 37 years old and often injured. Fournier is inconsistent. Behind them, there are a lot of average players (Ntilikina, Francisco, Hifi, Strazel, Okobo...).

At SF, it should be Batum with Coulibaly as backup.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 01:48 PM
ok, but le bleu are taking this really fucking srsly. I live next to them, it's not an afterthought. they see the Wemby homecoming and the gold as not just a nice-to-have but mission number one. Like life-or-death
take it as serious as they want, they're outgunned

DAF86
03-19-2024, 01:48 PM
Go France, tbh.

DAF86
03-19-2024, 01:52 PM

The US is still obviously the most talented squad in the World, but the gap has closed enough to not guarantee a win on a single elimination game tournament.

MultiTroll
03-19-2024, 03:23 PM
It’s usually the same or nearly the same teams. The level of comp is pretty much identical. Just a bit more pomp and circumstance around the 5 rings.

The same level. Different excuses for US team only.
And here i thought Pop and the team had their asses handed to them several times (a record) before Prime Middleton, Prime Jrue Holliday and Booker arrived with 2-3 games to go to bail them out.

That didn't happen, did it?

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 03:51 PM
Go France, tbh.

Thx mate :toast

What about Argentina? I know u got eliminated for the Olympics but is there some new hope coming?

Any baby Manu-Scola…?

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 03:54 PM
The US is still obviously the most talented squad in the World, but the gap has closed enough to not guarantee a win on a single elimination game tournament.
i still think the gap is massive, but depends on final rosters. if embiid plays its a huge difference maker and probably gives them a near guarantee imho. he would murder euro style of play in the interior

DAF86
03-19-2024, 03:54 PM
Thx mate :toast

What about Argentina? I know u got eliminated for the Olympics but is there some new hope coming?

Any baby Manu-Scola…?

Nah, it's all soccer right now down here. :lol

JPB
03-19-2024, 04:00 PM
If muricans bring their A-team, and looks like Curry, Lebron, KD... could be up for it, there's no competition. Only flaw could be at C but if Embiid is healhy and can play, they'll cruise to the gold.

There's no teams like Argentina or even Spain of the past. It's pretty mediocre overall. Even World champions Germany are actually meh.

France have a nice big 3 in Wemby/Gobert/Batum but there's a gap behind, with a real problem at PG. Add TP in there, and that would be something else tho.

DAF86
03-19-2024, 04:01 PM
i still think the gap is massive, but depends on final rosters. if embiid plays its a huge difference maker and probably gives them a near guarantee imho. he would murder euro style of play in the interior

Embiid is the Harden of centers, he can't murder shit without NBA's regular season type officiating, tbh.

What's the best team the US can field out there: SGA, ANT, Lebron, Durant, Embiid? Curry in there for SGA or ANT, maybe?

That's obviously a great lineup, still not an automatic win on a 40 minutes game under FIBA's rules and style of play against the likes of Jokic, Giannis, Wemby, Luka, etc.

Luka could literally have one of those "one man offense" games he has from time to time and easily kick the US out of the tournament in 40 minutes.

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 04:08 PM
Nah, it's all soccer right now down here. :lol

Fair enough :lol

Btw my team is eyeing the next gem from River (Mastantuono 16yo)

Most of my favorite players are Argentinians (Pastore & DiMaria in particular)

JPB
03-19-2024, 04:20 PM

You lost me at Pastore, man.

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 04:33 PM
You lost me at Pastore, man.

:lol

ok let’s go off topic a sec…

Yes Pastore isn’t in the same category of (other) greats in terms of resume and individual accomplishments.

But he’s the ultimate elegance on the field and gave me the same pleasure Zidane gave me with his unique control and touch of the ball.
Like Zidane he wasn’t very productive stats wise but he was a beauty and made others shine with his passes.
Unfortunately he’s made of sugar when Zidane had an amazing (underrated) physique.

Pastore is for the romantiques :lol

skin27
03-19-2024, 04:35 PM
Embiid is the Harden of centers, he can't murder shit without NBA's regular season type officiating, tbh.

What's the best team the US can field out there: SGA, ANT, Lebron, Durant, Embiid? Curry in there for SGA or ANT, maybe?

That's obviously a great lineup, still not an automatic win on a 40 minutes game under FIBA's rules and style of play against the likes of Jokic, Giannis, Wemby, Luka, etc.

Luka could literally have one of those "one man offense" games he has from time to time and easily kick the US out of the tournament in 40 minutes.

SGA is a Canadian. He even played for canada last world cup.

skin27
03-19-2024, 04:36 PM
I n my opinion the US will still win the Gold if they bring their best players.

skin27
03-19-2024, 04:42 PM
If muricans bring their A-team, and looks like Curry, Lebron, KD... could be up for it, there's no competition. Only flaw could be at C but if Embiid is healhy and can play, they'll cruise to the gold.

There's no teams like Argentina or even Spain of the past. It's pretty mediocre overall. Even World champions Germany are actually meh.

France have a nice big 3 in Wemby/Gobert/Batum but there's a gap behind, with a real problem at PG. Add TP in there, and that would be something else tho.

The gap between international teams and US is much closer than before.. even young team USA won the gold in 2010 world cup.. that was USA team B.

Infact most superstars in NBA right now who's in their prime are not americans.. Jokic, Luka,Giannis, SGA, Wemby,Gobert, etc...

JPB
03-19-2024, 04:53 PM
The gap between international teams and US is much closer than before.. even young team USA won the gold in 2010 world cup.. that was USA team B.

Infact most superstars in NBA right now who's in their prime are not americans.. Jokic, Luka,Giannis, SGA, Wemby,Gobert, etc...

If they put their best players on the floor, it's still Murica and the rest of the world. Not even close. Sure put Luka, Jocik, Giannis and Wemby on the same team and we're talking but the don'tt have the supporting crew to compete in thier respective teams and Germany is just a sparing partner for Team USA...

The "golden generation" of Argentina or prime Pau Gasol's spain would have a remote chance out of chemistry and collective knowledge, but not other current team can even sniff USA A team sneakers.

skin27
03-19-2024, 04:57 PM
If they put their best players on the floor, it's still Murica and the rest of the world. Not even close. sure put Luka, Jocik, Giannis and Wemby on the same team and we're talking but the don'tt have the supporting crew to compete in thier respective teams and Germany is a sparing partner for Team USA...

The "golden generation" of Argentina or prime Pau Gasol's spain would have a remote chance out of chemistry and collective knowledge, but not other current team can even sniff muricans sneakers.

The world is catching up now compared to15 years ago.. the best players in the NbA right now are international players..

JPB
03-19-2024, 04:59 PM
The world is catching up now compared to15 years ago.. the best players in the NbA right now are international players..

yeah, but there's no "Europe Team" in the Olympics.

What are Slovenia, Serbia, or Grece second and third best players?

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:00 PM
If they put their best players on the floor, it's still Murica and the rest of the world. Not even close. Sure put Luka, Jocik, Giannis and Wemby on the same team and we're talking but the don'tt have the supporting crew to compete in thier respective teams and Germany is just a sparing partner for Team USA...

The "golden generation" of Argentina or prime Pau Gasol's spain would have a remote chance out of chemistry and collective knowledge, but not other current team can even sniff USA A team sneakers.

If you put jokic, luka, giannis and wemby on the same team the US will lose for sure.

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:01 PM
yeah, but there's no "Europe Team" in the Olympics

Yes right but the gap isnt wide big anymore unlike before.. US team B cant even win the world cup.

JPB
03-19-2024, 05:04 PM
Yes right but the gap isnt wide big anymore unlike before.. US team B cant even win the world cup.

It's not so much about talent than Team USA changing roster and coaches every competition with only a few weeks to create a new team, while other teams have years and several competitions of corporate knowledge, plus the advantage of playing FIBA BB all year long.

But yeah, the gap has still narrowed and the rest of the world isn"t scared" or impressed anymore to play the ricans. They're more confident.

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:07 PM
It's not so much about talent than Team USA changing roster and coaches every competition with only a few weeks to create a new team, while other teams have years and several competitions of corporate knowledge, plus the advantage of playing FIBA BB all year long.

You dont get the point.. its simple just accept that international teams are catching up on team USA.. US is not that dominant as before.. they might lose couple of games this voming olynpics

JPB
03-19-2024, 05:17 PM
You dont get the point.. its simple just accept that international teams are catching up on team USA.. US is not that dominant as before.. they might lose couple of games this voming olynpics

Nope, USA A Team is still scorching anyone. there were much more other talented teams in these past decades (Argentina, Spain, France, Yougoslavia)... the current teams are pretty mediocre, they're just more prepared but talent wise, there were much better euro teams in the past.

A Curry, Lebron, Durant, Tatum, Harden, Kawhi, Paul George, Butler, Devin Booker, Embiid, Chet, Adebayo, Brook Lopez (to name a few) US Team is destroying everybody. Nobody's beating that team.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 05:21 PM
many of the best nba players are international, yes. but this is not "usa vs world"

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:23 PM
Nope, USA A Team is still scorching anyone. there were much more other talented teams in these past decades (Argentina, Spain, France, Yougoslavia)... the current teams are pretty mediocre, they're just more prepared but talent wise, there were much better euro teams in the past.

A Curry, Lebron, Durant, Tatum, Harden, Kawhi, Paul George, Butler, Devin Booker, Embiid, Chet, Adebayo, Brook Lopez (to name a few) US Team is destroying everybody. Nobody's beating that team.

We'll see.

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:24 PM
many of the best nba players are international, yes. but this is not "usa vs world"

It means more threat to US

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 05:26 PM
It means more threat to US
yeah i wont argue with claims that the gap has certainly narrowed

with that said, if the US puts out their A-Team, which they havent in a while, they should still stampede the tournament imo

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:28 PM
And dont forget this might be the last olympics for Curry Lebron and Durant.. 2028 olympics and so on the US is doomed.

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:29 PM
yeah i wont argue with claims that the gap has certainly narrowed

with that said, if the US puts out their A-Team, which they havent in a while, they should still stampede the tournament imo

Im not sure cause curry lebron and durant are old..this might be their last olympics.. the future of US basketball is
Doomed.

DAF86
03-19-2024, 05:42 PM

First Echeverri, now Mastantuono. Let us enjoy our kids a bit longer :cry

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 05:43 PM
Im not sure cause curry lebron and durant are old..this might be their last olympics.. the future of US basketball is
Doomed.
i dont know about doomed, but the door will definitely open for other countries. durant has been the easy button for the US team for the last 3 olympics. he dragged them at various points in 2021 when guys like lollard were shitting the bed

DAF86
03-19-2024, 05:44 PM
SGA is a Canadian. He even played for canada last world cup.

Now that you mention it, I knew that, but I completely blacked it out. :lol

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:45 PM
i dont know about doomed, but the door will definitely open for other countries. durant has been the easy button for the US team for the last 3 olympics. he dragged them at various points in 2021 when guys like lollard were shitting the bed
Yeah right.. thats why if lebron curry and durant retired from international games the US will struggle.

US cant count on lillard booker and tatum to lead team USA..lol

DAF86
03-19-2024, 05:49 PM

I don't see the US "destroying" everybody, tbh. Yeah, they would still be the heavy favourites, but the years of stomping everybody by 30+ points are long gone, tbh.

I would be highly surprised if the US don't have a couple of close games, even a loss, in these upcoming Olympics, tbh.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 05:49 PM
Yeah right.. thats why if lebron curry and durant retired from international games the US will struggle.

US cant count on lillard booker and tatum to kead team USA..lol
he's no durant, but i think Tatum is a pretty good replacement for that role, and he was the best US player other than KD last olympics and was consistent. he also just turned 26

exstatic
03-19-2024, 05:54 PM
Is that why we didn’t even Medal in the WC?

skin27
03-19-2024, 05:55 PM
he's no durant, but i think Tatum is a pretty good replacement for that role, and he was the best US player other than KD last olympics and was consistent. he also just turned 26

I dont think he can carry team USA like durant did.. thats why i think they naturalized embid so that they have a solid player for team USA in the future..

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:01 PM
I dont think he can carry team USA like durant did.. thats why i think they naturalized embid so that they have a solid player for team USA in the future..
yeah he's not durant. durant has been a "win now" button for the US international team. the 2021 games were pretty hilarious. US would suck and pop would just let durant go score and thats how the US would pull away

they cant go with half-assed rosters without KD. the young crop is fine but not the heyday of lebron/wade/kd, etc. haliburton, holmgren, edwards, paulo, bane, jjj... nice players. but they need to load up and not send crap like keldon johnson and javale mcgee :lol

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:02 PM
Is that why we didn’t even Medal in the WC?
WC team was select team level tbh. its like 2004 when a lot of the best players opted out or bailed on the team after dominating the qualifiers

exstatic
03-19-2024, 06:06 PM
LeBron hasn’t played USMNT basketball since 2012. Not sure why people think this will be his last one, since that already happened a long time ago. Curry has never played for USA in an Olympics. He withdrew from the 2020 team.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 06:07 PM
WC team was select team level tbh.

Ant Edwards, Brunson, and Haliburton will likely be named All NBA.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:07 PM
Ant Edwards will shortly be named All NBA.
2004 team had duncan

exstatic
03-19-2024, 06:10 PM
2004 team had duncan

Which led to the reboot Redeem Team in 2008. They recognized a problem then, and there’s one now.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:16 PM
Which led to the reboot Redeem Team in 2008. They recognized a problem then, and there’s one now.
the problem then was not that the US lacked quality players, its that players didnt give a fuck and opted out.

which is the same thing that happened in the world cup, and has the same result of the big stars coming back

TD 21
03-19-2024, 06:29 PM
According to Charania and Harper, the current U.S. Olympic team is comprised of 7 locks: James, Durant, Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Booker, Holiday.

Merit and need would seem to make Davis a logical eighth.

With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a logical ninth as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.

I'm guessing Haliburton, Bridges and Holmgren fill out the team, with Brunson, Brown and Adebayo the toughest omissions.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:31 PM
According to Charania and Harper, the current U.S. Olympic team is comprised of 7 locks: James, Durant, Embiid, Curry, Tatum, Booker, Holiday.

Merit and need would seem to make Davis a logical eighth.

With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a lock as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.

I'm guessing Haliburton, Bridges and Holmgren fill out the team, with Brunson, Brown and Adebayo the toughest omissions.
:lmao spurstalk still thinks anthony edwards is gerald green or somethin

TD 21
03-19-2024, 06:33 PM
:lmao spurstalk still thinks anthony edwards is gerald green or somethin

Edwards is a low IQ, top 20ish player who's been getting the agenda driven push since last summer for the reason I stated.

He's an easy sell to casuals with a gregarious personality, freakish athleticism and playing a traditional glamor position.

Too bad the truth is his team has mostly won on the strength of their defense, which is led by Gobert.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 06:38 PM
Edwards is a low IQ, top 20ish player who's been getting the agenda driven push since last summer for the reason I stated.

He's an easy sell to casuals with a gregarious personality, freakish athleticism and playing a traditional glamor position.

Too bad the truth is his team has mostly won on the strength of their defense, which is led by Gobert.
https://i.gyazo.com/bf6303be90fd8ab78c59d7d99a4d6920.png

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 07:11 PM
First Echeverri, now Mastantuono. Let us enjoy our kids a bit longer :cry

1- City are the worst. They robbed you. At least they just extended their new gem with a 50M exit clause. Imo he’ll leave at 18yo

2- don’t get me started (already off topic ^^) I wish South American teams could keep their youngsters longer! Everybody would win, local leagues level would raise so overall players’s who often leave before finishing their development.
European clubs would get more talent ready players like it was in the 90’

Football overall talent has never been as low as today. Just athletes now

3- the kid would be great in Paris (my team is PSG). We know how to take care of our Argentinians!

DAF86
03-19-2024, 07:13 PM
1- City are the worst. They robbed you. At least they just extended their new gem with a 50M exit clause. Imo he’ll leave at 18yo

2- don’t get me started (already off topic ^^) I wish South American teams could keep their youngsters longer! Everybody would win, local leagues level would raise so overall players’s who often leave before finishing their development.
European clubs would get more talent ready players like it was in the 90’

Football overall talent has never been as low as today. Just athletes now

3- the kid would be great in Paris (my team is PSG). We know how to take care of our Argentinians!

Except Messi, tbh. :lol

DAF86
03-19-2024, 07:16 PM

What would that be, bro? He isn't lightskin nor his personality conforms to the white audience, tbh. :lol

MultiTroll
03-19-2024, 07:30 PM
I'm not picking a side as to Edwards superstar or not, but that dunk that got all the hype a few days ago.

Offensive farking foul. Asshat pokes Collins in the eye on the way up. Totally not cool. Gaymond Green level b.s. Should have been a flagrant.

Instead ESPN etc jizzing big time, over promoting.

Pauleta14
03-19-2024, 07:30 PM
Except Messi, tbh. :lol

That was on him tbh

From the get go it was a business decision on both sides but Messi was the 1st to break it

skin27
03-19-2024, 08:02 PM
the problem then was not that the US lacked quality players, its that players didnt give a fuck and opted out.

which is the same thing that happened in the world cup, and has the same result of the big stars coming back

Who are rhe best players for US Durant lebron and curry? Theyvar all old..lmao.. US best players are 35 years old and up.... it means they cant rely on young american players.. lmao..why they dont rely on tatum booker lillard morant kawhi?lol

skin27
03-19-2024, 08:06 PM
LeBron hasn’t played USMNT basketball since 2012. Not sure why people think this will be his last one, since that already happened a long time ago. Curry has never played for USA in an Olympics. He withdrew from the 2020 team.

Because young american players are shit in international games..thats wht they invite a 39 year old lebron to lead them to gold..

exstatic
03-19-2024, 08:18 PM
Because young american players are shit in international games..thats wht they invite a 39 year old lebron to lead them to gold..

What part of ‘He’s said no the past two times’ are you not understanding? LeBron is not walking through that door.

spurraider21
03-19-2024, 08:21 PM

What part of ‘He’s said no the past two times’ are you not understanding? LeBron is not walking through that door.
because he has said himself he is committed to playing in the paris olympics

LeBron James committed to Olympics, hopes to end career with Lakers (https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-future-plans)

kht
03-19-2024, 10:17 PM
Embiid tipped the scales too much... Embiid is pretty much unguardable. You can always count on shooters to have an off shooting night, but not someone shooting 2 feet from the rim.

exstatic
03-19-2024, 10:30 PM
because he has said himself he is committed to playing in the paris olympics

LeBron James committed to Olympics, hopes to end career with Lakers (https://www.nba.com/news/lebron-james-future-plans)

In 2016,he committed, then withdrew over concerns about the Zika virus. In 2020, he committed, then withdrew again. A LeBron commitment is on the order of some kid picking a college, not worth the paper it’s written on. It’s not as cut and dried as you seem to think.

TD 21
03-19-2024, 10:47 PM
What would that be, bro? He isn't lightskin nor his personality conforms to the white audience, tbh. :lol

With Morant's and Williamson's recent off court transgressions and the fact that the current best five and next one are all foreign, Edwards is a logical ninth as he's the current desperate attempt to force a new captain America with James, Curry and Durant in their twilight.

I never said those were the only factors (I said they help and trust me, they do), like so many white or white adjacent people, you just get defensive when anything race related is broached and take the discussion to a place where it wasn't intended.

DAF86
03-19-2024, 11:04 PM
I never said those were the only factors (I said they help and trust me, they do), like so many white or white adjacent people, you just get defensive when anything race related is broached and take the discussion to a place where it wasn't intended.

If you do just a little research, you would find many instances of me arguing against dumb white nationalist premises in this forum. I'm not biased either way, tbh. I'm just against argumentative inconsistencies, and you display quite a few on this subject, tbh.

Under most of your believes, wouldn't Tatum make the best case as the next Captain America?

TD 21
03-19-2024, 11:18 PM
If you do just a little research, you would find many instances of me arguing against dumb white nationalist premises in this forum. I'm not biased either way, tbh. I'm just against argumentative inconsistencies, and you display quite a few on this subject, tbh.

Under most of your believes, wouldn't Tatum make the most case as the next Captain America?

Nah, I'm very consistent. It's called being unbiased. Maybe you're just not comprehending certain things.

Sure and they tried him for a while until they gave up, realizing his personality and game is too staid and he's closer to George than he is a James or Durant.

r0drig0lac
03-20-2024, 10:35 AM
https://twitter.com/TheDunkCentral/status/1770473433098321943

spurraider21
04-15-2024, 06:09 PM

MannyIsGod
04-15-2024, 06:40 PM

Not so sure they should take Haliburton the way his season completely fell off.

spurraider21
04-15-2024, 06:44 PM
If he drops to rehab they could bring in Brunson instead. Wonder what they do with last spot. Could be Nephew/George

spurraider21
04-15-2024, 06:45 PM
Either way, this roster stomps the competition

Splits
04-15-2024, 06:50 PM
France is winning no matter what

spurraider21
04-15-2024, 07:29 PM
France is winning no matter what
its been a minute since the US has truly sent an a-team like this. think expectations will have to be recalibrated compared to recent tournaments

Limguogolo
04-16-2024, 01:54 AM
Brunson is not good in FIBA competitions where the paint is closed. And you don't need another scorers. USA has always lacked role players in these competitions. Like a real PG.

spurraider21
04-16-2024, 05:58 PM
Kawhi got the last spot. insane team.

for people putting stock into the US' performance in the world cup, the bigs on that team were Walker Kessler (only real center), Jaren Jackson Jr, Bobby Portis, and Paolo, who is more of a jumbo wing than a big

the last olympic team (which still won gold) had only Bam and JaVale McGee on the roster as centers.

this roster has anthony davis, joel embiid, and bam

USA mops

Mugen
04-16-2024, 06:05 PM
I'm assuming the SL is going to be Steph/Ant/Bron/KD/Embiid, nasty tbh.

Should win gold but I'm sure they'll run into a close game at some point. Sucks that France has a shit backcourt.

spurraider21
04-16-2024, 06:09 PM
I'm assuming the SL is going to be Steph/Ant/Bron/KD/Embiid, nasty tbh.

Should win gold but I'm sure they'll run into a close game at some point. Sucks that France has a shit backcourt.
none in games that matter imo. this is the best US roster since 2012 at least. only reason i'd knock it is the legends like lebron/durant are post-peak

sure, the talent gap isnt quite as extreme as it used to be, but an a-team like this is just miles ahead of anybody else. its enough of a talent gap to overcome any chemistry questions, stylistic adjustments, rule differences, etc

its going to take nuclear wemby type stuff to even make a run against this team for a few minutes. no amount of back door cuts and give and goes and whatnot is going to matter when you have vince carter dunking on weiss type talent gap

Mugen
04-16-2024, 06:16 PM
none in games that matter imo. this is the best US roster since 2012 at least. only reason i'd knock it is the legends like lebron/durant are post-peak

sure, the talent gap isnt quite as extreme as it used to be, but an a-team like this is just miles ahead of anybody else. its enough of a talent gap to overcome any chemistry questions, stylistic adjustments, rule differences, etc

its going to take nuclear wemby type stuff to even make a run against this team for a few minutes. no amount of back door cuts and give and goes and whatnot is going to matter when you have vince carter dunking on weiss type talent gap

To be clear, by close game, I mean < 20 pt lead in the 2nd half tbh :lol

FIBA rules are janky (Goaltending, no defensive 3 sec, etc). I could see them running into a hiccup if the shooting isn't there for a half. But yeah, they should steamroll.

Mugen
04-16-2024, 06:18 PM
Kawhi got the last spot. insane team.

for people putting stock into the US' performance in the world cup, the bigs on that team were Walker Kessler (only real center), Jaren Jackson Jr, Bobby Portis, and Paolo, who is more of a jumbo wing than a big

the last olympic team (which still won gold) had only Bam and JaVale McGee on the roster as centers.

this roster has anthony davis, joel embiid, and bam

USA mops

Lemme know who the injury replacement on standby is tbh. Should be Brunson or Banchero.

spurraider21
04-16-2024, 06:23 PM
To be clear, by close game, I mean < 20 pt lead in the 2nd half tbh :lol

FIBA rules are janky (Goaltending, no defensive 3 sec, etc). I could see them running into a hiccup if the shooting isn't there for a half. But yeah, they should steamroll.
yeah you could have gobert/wemby park in the paint, but the US also has midrange killers like Durant/Booker/Nephew/Tatum, and you cant exactly just drop in the paint if any of those guys handles a pick and roll

and this US roster actually has a good stable of bigs that can handle the physicality of the FIBA game

skin27
04-18-2024, 04:18 PM
US will win the gold with the roster they have but not dominant like 2012

Limguogolo
04-18-2024, 05:05 PM
The atmosphere will in any case be quite cold, even hostile, especially towards Embiid. His letter to President Macron two years ago to acquire French nationality caused a stir. Some words that take on a very ridiculous and pompous turn now that we know what happened since. Some nice boos to be expected.

Pauleta14
04-18-2024, 06:03 PM
The atmosphere will in any case be quite cold, even hostile, especially towards Embiid. His letter to President Macron two years ago to acquire French nationality caused a stir. Some words that take on a very ridiculous and pompous turn now that we know what happened since. Some nice boos to be expected.

I've read the letter today, but can't find any more infos about what happened. Do we know why he changed his mind?

Limguogolo
04-19-2024, 01:39 AM
I've read the letter today, but can't find any more infos about what happened. Do we know why he changed his mind?
Not that I know. Perhaps the letter written to Biden will tell us more.

Pauleta14
04-19-2024, 05:31 AM
Not that I know. Perhaps the letter written to Biden will tell us more.

Half way journalism smh...

I can't find anything, they just went for the clicks

RC_Drunkford
04-19-2024, 06:56 AM
all this to win bronze :lol

spurraider21
04-19-2024, 12:35 PM
all this to win bronze :lol
Eurocope