PDA

View Full Version : Uncle Dennis

Mugen
04-21-2024, 01:52 PM

Mugen
04-21-2024, 01:53 PM
https://media4.giphy.com/media/IdTUJAGPRDR7en4z9B/200w.gif?cid=6c09b9525sxgniddemycz2bnx0ms5hoj8f6hu h8alprdejuu&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=200w.gif&ct=g

KobesAchilles
04-21-2024, 01:55 PM
He did us a solid tbh. I’m glad I ended up correct about us not giving him the supermax. I was a one man island on not paying nephew

LeBowen
04-21-2024, 02:01 PM
If only that shot against the Sixers bounced out.

Mugen
04-21-2024, 02:02 PM
If only that shot against the Sixers bounced out.

John B
04-21-2024, 02:13 PM
He doesn’t play through pain when the game is on the line. Nephew is not winning anymore and will soon become an afterthought.

baseline bum
04-21-2024, 02:25 PM
Clippers still paying him almost $153 million for the next three years after this one

itzsoweezee
04-21-2024, 02:30 PM
Clippers still paying him almost $153 million for the next three years after this one

lol, Clippers gonna clip

Dex
04-21-2024, 02:45 PM
I don't wish injury upon any player.

Kawhi Leonard doesn't need our help.

Jordan Jackson
04-21-2024, 02:52 PM
He doesn’t play through pain when the game is on the line. Nephew is not winning anymore and will soon become an afterthought.

Oddly enough - he seems pretty motivated to play through pain when a contract is on the line.

spurraider21
04-21-2024, 03:15 PM
Quality thread title

John B
04-21-2024, 03:42 PM
Oddly enough - he seems pretty motivated to play through pain when a contract is on the line.

Balmer will soon be tired of this clown

koriwhat
04-21-2024, 04:16 PM
Balmer will soon be tired of this clown

Doubt it. Have you seen balmers antics? He's a clown himself.

Dverde
04-21-2024, 04:24 PM
They should have waited on that contract extension. It gives Uncle Dennis and company to do whatever they want this playoffs. Nephew wasn’t going anywhere he wants to be in LA.

Tyronn Lue
04-21-2024, 04:31 PM
They may not need him to beat the Mavs.

TXstbobcat
04-21-2024, 04:39 PM
Even without Leonard the clippers putting the Ike Turner beat down on the Mavs.

CorrectCrusader
04-21-2024, 04:51 PM
I'm all for the Kawhi hate but lets just give him some juice to beat Dallas aight?

Proxy
04-21-2024, 06:12 PM
all part of the plan to get wemby

spursparker9
04-21-2024, 08:20 PM
I feel bad for Clippers trading away SGA to get PG13 per Nephew's request.

:lol

The Truth #6
04-21-2024, 11:39 PM
"This is not who we are"!!!

poopbox
04-21-2024, 11:51 PM
Peg Leg played around the minimal amount of games to be eligible for awards and hasn't played since :lmao

heyheymymy
04-22-2024, 12:48 AM
lol Balmer just built a 2 bill new arena intuit dome opening in LA next season and nephew is the bum he's going to debut it with?

lol Intuit Dome, more like nephew will never walk into it dome

Pauleta14
04-22-2024, 07:23 AM
lol Balmer just built a 2 bill new arena intuit dome opening in LA next season and nephew is the bum he's going to debut it with?

lol Intuit Dome, more like nephew will never walk into it dome

Don't worry about Balmer, he's right where he wants to be

As much as winning is always the goal, his main focus is Clippers's brand developement. It makes no sense sporting wise but it's very efficient economically speaking.

PSG in football did the same a few years back, their team made no sense, it was closer to a Disney team, but the brand value itself raised like never before. Now they start fixing the sporting issues with a roster that makes sense. (I can't wait for Mbappe to gtfo lmao)

Clippers will do the same imo.

Big picture Balmer has steadily narrowed the gap with the Lakers and it won't stop

daslicer
04-22-2024, 08:04 AM
He did us a solid tbh. I’m glad I ended up correct about us not giving him the supermax. I was a one man island on not paying nephew

I was also one of the few who were against giving him the supermax in here. I still remember getting crucified on those horrible Kawhi threads.

Rosewood
04-22-2024, 08:40 AM
I feel bad for Clippers trading away SGA to get PG13 per Nephew's request.

:lol Pretty nuts to think about in hindsight.

Dex
04-22-2024, 08:59 AM

As much as winning is always the goal, his main focus is Clippers's brand developement. It makes no sense sporting wise but it's very efficient economically speaking.

PSG in football did the same a few years back, their team made no sense, it was closer to a Disney team, but the brand value itself raised like never before. Now they start fixing the sporting issues with a roster that makes sense. (I can't wait for Mbappe to gtfo lmao)

Big picture Balmer has steadily narrowed the gap with the Lakers and it won't stop

Yeah, I hate the Clippers because Kawhi....but you have to admit that Ballmer has made the Clippers far more relevant than they have ever been even if their ceiling seems to be the 2nd round.

I also always thought it was stupid to have two NBA teams sharing the same arena so he fixed that as well.

Dex
04-22-2024, 09:09 AM

Yeah, I hate the Clippers because Kawhi....but you have to admit that Ballmer has made the Clippers far more relevant than they have ever been even if their ceiling seems to be the 2nd round.

I also always thought it was stupid to have two NBA teams sharing the same arena so he fixed that as well.

offset formation
04-26-2024, 12:57 AM
"This is not who we are"!!!

It's who I am, pop, sorry. Fuck neph.

jjspur
04-26-2024, 12:05 PM
Being from southern California, I don't hate the Clippers or the Lakers overall , but I seriously dislike a few players on both teams. Kawitter is one of them. He is always hurt. Oh my leg hurts, oh my ass hurts, I can't play. Doubt that half of his injuries are even real. What a wuss. How about giving Balmer back some of your salary since you haven't earned most of it anyway. In contrast Paul George gets injured a lot but at least he tries to play thru some of the pain.

Lebron is my least favorite Laker of all time. Yeah he's talented and all that (Jordan is still the GOAT), but man he whines about everything, like an injured mule who got kicked in the nuts. Can't wait till the Nuggets eliminate the fakers so Lebron can move to another team showing how much of a ring chaser he is. Dude You're pushing 40, retire already.

Mal
04-26-2024, 08:10 PM
He looks dogshit out there

timtonymanu
04-26-2024, 09:24 PM
:lol Warriors
:lol Lakers

Just need the Mavs to keep acting like somebody

poopbox
04-26-2024, 09:24 PM
Kawhi losing the clippers this game and maybe the series :lol

Donald Sterling.
04-26-2024, 09:28 PM
He's tired, he's old and he shits in a bag.

timtonymanu
04-26-2024, 09:33 PM
When Westbrook is the most likeable of this bunch :lmao

timtonymanu
04-26-2024, 09:41 PM
Clippers have Playoff Pee vs SGA :lol

baseline bum
04-26-2024, 10:38 PM
Clippers have Playoff Pee vs SGA + Jalen Williams + 2024 LAC first + 2025 unprotected swap with LAC + 2025 MIA (lottery protected) + 2026 LAC first (unprotected) :lol

FIFY

Makes the Herschel Walker trade look even in comparison

timtonymanu
04-26-2024, 11:30 PM
:lol Suns also

Dverde
04-27-2024, 07:31 AM
Nephew’s knee is quitting on him like he quit the Spurs. His knee is hiding in New York while he’s trying to win playoff games. I can’t believe Clippers were stupid enough to give him the bag before the playoffs. He keeps falling apart when the games a must wins. He wasn’t going anywhere, Uncle Dennis must have pushed hard on them.

Maddog
04-27-2024, 07:42 AM
wow
The Clips owe him 150 million.

Is that correct?

widowmaker
04-27-2024, 09:15 AM
MultiTroll
04-27-2024, 09:25 AM
wow
The Clips owe him 150 million.

Is that correct?
Yep.

and not a draft pick in sight.

Playoff Pee will undoubtedly opt in for a 48 mil continued fleecing for this upcoming season.

Dverde
04-27-2024, 10:21 AM
Yep.

and not a draft pick in sight.

Playoff Pee will undoubtedly opt in for a 48 mil continued fleecing for this upcoming season.

PG should leave if he wants to ring. He should know by now that nephew is washed too much to carry them. I think the Philly rumors are very real.

baseline bum
04-27-2024, 10:47 AM

Disagree, if they want to be relevant they should move back to San Diego or go to Vegas. No in LA gives a shit.

baseline bum
04-27-2024, 10:47 AM
PG should leave if he wants to ring. He should know by now that nephew is washed too much to carry them. I think the Philly rumors are very real.

Would be hilarious to see him leave one china doll for another

LeBowen
04-27-2024, 11:07 AM
Disagree, if they want to be relevant they should move back to San Diego or go to Vegas. No in LA gives a shit.

Ballmer said many times he'll never move the team and that they'll never do a hard reset. He'll keep paying the tax to compete. But they'll never be good enough.

Watching these three games, I kept thinking that I wouldn't be against the idea of giving Harden a two year deal. He's still an elite playmaker and it would be worth it just to see the Clutchfans meltdown. :lol

Ice009
04-27-2024, 11:13 AM
I was also one of the few who were against giving him the supermax in here. I still remember getting crucified on those horrible Kawhi threads.

I do recall you and another poster or two being against it, which at the time, I thought was crazy. I think KobesAchilles was another guy that was against it. I thought you guys were wrong and that the Spurs not offering it would be an insult. Turns out. those of you that were against it, you made the right call. Freaking gutsy call at that time, too. I can't remember your reason/s, what made you guys against giving him the supermax?

Ice009
04-27-2024, 11:21 AM
Pretty nuts to think about in hindsight.

At the time, if it were a 1:1 trade, the only player I wanted to trade for was Anthony Davis, but since NO would never have done that, I wanted the Spurs to trade Kawhi for a pick (1 or 2 pick) to draft Doncic. I thought Doncic would be good/maybe close to Manu someday, but I was not expecting him to be as good as he was as soon as he was. My next best trade well before the Bulls one, was to try and get SGA or the 11th & 12th pick for Kawhi, but people say none of those were offered by the Clippers. I really liked SGA, but again, sort of like Doncic, I didn't think he'd become this good. i thought he was a more realistic target and could have been a very good player for us going forward. I thought he was really good with more potential still to come, but he's playing great now (better than I ever thought he would), and I think the Clippers really screwed up trading him away. When they didn't trade him to us, I thought they're not looking to trade him at all to anyone. I guess Kawhi forced their hand, though, and maybe if it wasn't for that, they would have kept him at the Clippers the rest of his career. Oh, well, at least I am happy for SGA as his first season or two in OKC, I felt bad for him having to carry the load and play for a bad team. Looks like it's paid off for him and the Thunder now.

baseline bum
04-27-2024, 11:40 AM
I do recall you and another poster or two being against it, which at the time, I thought was crazy. I think KobesAchilles was another guy that was against it. I thought you guys were wrong and that the Spurs not offering it would be an insult. Turns out. those of you that were against it, you made the right call. Freaking gutsy call at that time, too. I can't remember your reason/s, what made you guys against giving him the supermax?

Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a faggot ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.

baseline bum
04-27-2024, 11:41 AM
At the time, if it were a 1:1 trade, the only player I wanted to trade for was Anthony Davis, but since NO would never have done that, I wanted the Spurs to trade Kawhi for a pick (1 or 2 pick) to draft Doncic. I thought Doncic would be good/maybe close to Manu someday, but I was not expecting him to be as good as he was as soon as he was.

Yeah I so badly wanted to fleece Ranadive for that #2 pick for Doncic. I don't think anyone expected him to be this good but he was certainly one of the most exciting prospects we had seen probably since Davis at the time.

TD 21
04-27-2024, 03:23 PM
Kawhi really did us a solid by being such an unprofessional pos. If he wasn't such a faggot ghosting the team and disappearing they probably would have supermaxed him and here we'd be six years later wondering if we could get 50 games and a playoff series out of him next season.

Seriously? He destroyed their reputation, set the franchise back years (without his antics, he'd have went for a Davis esque haul) and had they not lucked into Wembanyama, they'd still be reeling with no end in sight.

Jordan Jackson
04-27-2024, 06:04 PM
Seriously? He destroyed their reputation, set the franchise back years (without his antics, he'd have went for a Davis esque haul) and had they not lucked into Wembanyama, they'd still be reeling with no end in sight.

It didn’t destroy their reputation with the person who mattered the most - Wembanyama. He wanted to be a Spur and got his wish.

Oddly enough Kawhi is still living off his reputation as a Spur.

Now that time has passed - most media/NBA execs have come to the realization that Kawhi and his uncle are high maintenance sideshows.

Everyone got what they rightfully deserved in the end.

Dejounte
04-28-2024, 12:55 PM
https://x.com/wojespn/status/1784641322802151882?s=46

Put a fork in it. He’s done.

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 02:10 PM
lol nephew

Mal
04-28-2024, 03:16 PM
Cant even root against this guy, he is always out

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 03:52 PM
no timetable for return

daslicer
04-28-2024, 05:19 PM
It didn’t destroy their reputation with the person who mattered the most - Wembanyama. He wanted to be a Spur and got his wish.

Oddly enough Kawhi is still living off his reputation as a Spur.

Now that time has passed - most media/NBA execs have come to the realization that Kawhi and his uncle are high maintenance sideshows.

Everyone got what they rightfully deserved in the end.

I disagree he lives off of his championship run with the Raptors. That run put him in good standing among the media, league, etc for the last several years. It's also why he got be a top 75 great. Without that run he doesn't get the honor. One of the many reasons I wanted the Spurs to send him to a crappy team so he couldn't win a title. Pop did the stupidest thing by sending him to Toronto where he could succeed instead of sending him to Charlotte where he could fail. Either way it's water under the bridge with the Spurs now luckily getting Victor Wembanyama.

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 05:36 PM
Would be sick if Wembys first ring path went though Leonard as poetic justice but it's gotta be soon glass klaw is shattering

Mal
04-28-2024, 05:41 PM
Would be sick if Wembys first ring path went though Leonard as poetic justice but it's gotta be soon glass klaw is shattering

Regardless of neph status going forward, Clippers are going to extend Harden and George running all three in to their NBA graves.

poopbox
04-28-2024, 06:14 PM
Clips with Kawhi 0 - 2

Clips without Kawhi 2 - 0

:lmao

TrainOfThought5
04-28-2024, 06:55 PM

it would’ve been worth the Championship we gave to Toronto.

timtonymanu
04-28-2024, 08:18 PM
:lol Nephew
:lol clippers play better without him

gilmor2002
04-28-2024, 08:33 PM
Clippers will fail in the next round if they get through Mavericks' Irving and Doncic

Fizziksman
04-28-2024, 10:08 PM
lol Thunder about to have the Warriors 2015 luck. Fuck Chet about to win a title.

skin27
04-28-2024, 11:17 PM
lol Thunder about to have the Warriors 2015 luck. Fuck Chet about to win a title.

Thunder fans will claim he's better than Wemby

timtonymanu
04-28-2024, 11:28 PM
lol Suns
lol superteam that would have been better 5 years ago

Jordan Jackson
04-28-2024, 11:34 PM
I disagree he lives off of his championship run with the Raptors. That run put him in good standing among the media, league, etc for the last several years. It's also why he got be a top 75 great. Without that run he doesn't get the honor. One of the many reasons I wanted the Spurs to send him to a crappy team so he couldn't win a title. Pop did the stupidest thing by sending him to Toronto where he could succeed instead of sending him to Charlotte where he could fail. Either way it's water under the bridge with the Spurs now luckily getting Victor Wembanyama.

Stop it. No one takes that run seriously. LBJ moved to the west and Durant blew out his Achilles.

He had a championship - Finals MVP - x2 DPOY before landing there. He was a lock.

TDomination
04-29-2024, 02:41 AM
Clips with Kawhi 0 - 2

Clips without Kawhi 2 - 0

:lmao
love it!

daslicer
04-29-2024, 08:03 AM
Stop it. No one takes that run seriously. LBJ moved to the west and Durant blew out his Achilles.

He had a championship - Finals MVP - x2 DPOY before landing there. He was a lock.

You are in complete denial that title run set him up for several years. It is the reason why the media didn't criticize until now for his load management and not showing up for games. There was a belief by the media that he was a proven winner and that he knew how to win by doing his "load management" since he won in '19 they didn't question him.

Winning 1 Finals MVP, 2 DPOY was not enough to get that 75 greatest slot. Plenty of players have similar resumes but couldn't get on that list. Kawhi winning that '19 title solidified him since he won it being that number 1 guy. Prior to that run the media consistently questioned whether or not he was a legit superstar.

KobesAchilles
04-29-2024, 12:56 PM
it would’ve been worth the Championship we gave to Toronto.
He doesn't play hurt like he did in Toronto if we give him the bag. The dude was limping that playoffs. He would've sat

Arcadian
04-29-2024, 02:24 PM

Exactly, we upgraded superstars. We got the best years out of Kawhi before he started to fall apart, and then we dumped him to make room for an even better player.

heyheymymy
04-29-2024, 02:49 PM
Exactly, we upgraded superstars. We got the best years out of Kawhi before he started to fall apart, and then we dumped him to make room for an even better player.

Nice, that storyline really crystalized over time

Spurs age like wine, love this club

poopbox
04-29-2024, 09:36 PM

Imagine us paying Kawhi between 40 and 50 million for him to play 50 to 60 games and get hurt before or in the 1st round.

Kawhi always being hurt is the reason the Clippers are going to be forced to pay Harden big money who will turn to shit as soon as he has to play against okc in the second round.

Allan Rowe vs Wade
04-29-2024, 11:02 PM
Would spurs unjustly maligned medical staff have been able to manage kawhis chronic condition more effectively ely?

Tyronn Lue
04-29-2024, 11:38 PM
Would spurs unjustly maligned medical staff have been able to manage kawhis chronic condition more effectively ely?
The Spurs managed it fine by sending him packing. I don't know if I've ever seen such a talented player be so fragile. Even AD isn't that fragile.

lefty20
04-29-2024, 11:49 PM

Don't think so. That right leg has been cooked for a while. Even in 2019 he was visibly limping and playing through pain deep in the playoffs. He and Raps were lucky to face a decimated Dubs team. From there on...

2020 - Load managed and got bubble rest but his legs still ran outta gas in final two games vs Nuggets. Dude was dog shit out there in the 2nd half of games 6 & 7. But escaped criticism cuz Pandemic Pee was hitting the side of the back board out there.

2021 - Load managed but still got injured.

2022 - Missed due to previous injury.

2023 - Load managed but still got injured.

2024 - Not load managed to try and build stamina and... still injured.

Pauleta14
04-30-2024, 09:10 AM
The Spurs managed it fine by sending him packing. I don't know if I've ever seen such a talented player be so fragile. Even AD isn't that fragile.

I wonder how much it's simply related to his "work ethic" tbh

I recall PATFO sending ppl in San Diego to limit his training time.

Maybe he's just been to stupid to ignore the signs his body sent him and kept playing through pain and ended up paying the price

Tyronn Lue
04-30-2024, 10:12 AM

Maybe he's just been to stupid to ignore the signs his body sent him and kept playing through pain and ended up paying the price
Some people are just more injury prone. There's only one Lebron. I don't think Kawhi is stupid. I think he's quiet, but not dumb. You look at the history of the last 30 years of NBA, injuries caused a lot of otherwise other worldly talent to be basically useless.

Pauleta14
04-30-2024, 11:53 AM
Some people are just more injury prone. There's only one Lebron. I don't think Kawhi is stupid. I think he's quiet, but not dumb. You look at the history of the last 30 years of NBA, injuries caused a lot of otherwise other worldly talent to be basically useless.

Have you ever heard of an employer asking his employee to work less to the point of sending someone to check during his holidays?

Sounds cool but also means you're braver than smart

Anyway, we'll never know

weeks
05-01-2024, 01:25 PM
Newphew has been ruled out for game five :lmao

Good news if you're the Clips tbh

Leetonidas
05-01-2024, 01:35 PM
Still can't wipe his own ass

RC_Drunkford
05-01-2024, 02:39 PM
well I guess his tendonitis is chronic like the Spurs said

poopbox
05-02-2024, 12:03 AM
Sitting on the bench hurt while his team gets blown out at home.

Meanwhile Embiid gutting it out on one knee and half his face paralyzed.

Thank god we got this pussy out of here :lmao

Maddog
05-02-2024, 05:33 AM

And the Clips still are on the books for 150 million.

The Clips big 3 127 million in salary came up big- 22 points total on 6 of 25 shooting.

spursparker9
05-02-2024, 06:52 AM
Saw some youtube comments saying Nephew is "Kawheelchair".

:lol

MultiTroll
05-02-2024, 10:08 AM

Entirely possible.
He was a workout freak.

We'll apparently never be told the details of what site owner guestimated 50/50 on who was to blame for the Spurs debacle.

Now as to the way he forced himself out and limited the Spurs options. Phuck that with no lube.

But ya we are in the minority who wonder if Leonard really has jacked up injuries and really can't play.

Mugen
05-02-2024, 10:19 AM
Huge props to Nephew and Dennis for running the most successful con in NBA history...

Parlayed a miraculous 2019 run (that had some of the luckiest breaks I can ever remember) into conning the richest owner of the league out of 300+ mil and counting. Generational grift job tbh :lol

baseline bum
05-02-2024, 10:24 AM

Walton, though that was because the Blazers shot him up with painkillers to go play on a broken foot in 1978.

baseline bum
05-02-2024, 10:25 AM
Huge props to Nephew and Dennis for running the most successful con in NBA history...

Parlayed a miraculous 2019 run (that had some of the luckiest breaks I can ever remember) into conning the richest owner of the league out of 300+ mil and counting. Generational grift job tbh :lol

He's the Trump of the NBA

Tyronn Lue
05-02-2024, 10:52 AM
Kawhi will end up in the HOF just because of 2 DPOYs and 2 FMVPs. He might not even appear on stage due to injury.

Mitch Cumsteen
05-02-2024, 11:17 AM

Sitting on the bench is actually progress for him. He didn't even bother showing up to the games when he played for the Spurs.

libertarian4321
05-04-2024, 01:11 AM
And...he's gone! Another quick exit for the softest player in the league.

LeBowen
05-08-2024, 03:18 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qqcd0vRLBM0

TimmyBuckets
05-08-2024, 04:59 PM
KawExit

Mugen
05-08-2024, 05:14 PM

Rudy isn't winning a Pulitzer any time soon but it sounds like he wasn't a fan of Nephew but wasn't a huge fan of some of the things the Spurs org did during that whole fiasco as well. Nothing new, fair take tbh.

TD 21
05-08-2024, 06:07 PM
Could just be playing to the audience, but another prominent player from the inner city who says the Spurs "weren't for him" . . . but remember, it's just race baiting, conspiracy theories and strawman arguments.

Dverde
05-08-2024, 06:49 PM

Him saying it’s a little weird over there and it’s not for everybody is very telling to me. I thought Rudy would have nothing but praise for the Spurs.

Gagnrath
05-09-2024, 08:31 AM
Walton, though that was because the Blazers shot him up with painkillers to go play on a broken foot in 1978.

Penny Hardaway was also a top talent that just couldn't get his health right. The weird part about that was Grant Hill was also taken from top guy in the league to eh good but not great by injury on the same team at the same time.

Mugen
05-09-2024, 09:57 AM
Him saying it’s a little weird over there and it’s not for everybody is very telling to me. I thought Rudy would have nothing but praise for the Spurs.

Not weird at all especially considering that he was there during the Nephew debacle. Even Danny Green has thrown some slight shade at the org after his departure. Players not 100% loving everything about FO is not out of the ordinary tbh. I also wouldnt be surprised if the FO operates with a sense of arrogance that rubs some players the wrong way (a la the Patriots in the NFL)

I think fans get thrown off by comments like that because they give PATFO way too much credit for this franchise's success over the years.

We should never forget that PATFO were made by Duncan, point blank. They were irrelevant before (blah blah DRob) and have been largely irrelevant since Timmy retired.

Thankfully they lucked into yet another generational big man that can hopefully carry them once again tbh.

daslicer
05-09-2024, 10:34 AM
Could just be playing to the audience, but another prominent player from the inner city who says the Spurs "weren't for him" . . . but remember, it's just race baiting, conspiracy theories and strawman arguments.

When a player from the inner city says the Spurs "weren't for him" that really means SA is boring city that has no night life. That's really what it comes down to. Spurs did everything for Rudy. They even overpaid him at the end of his career. He should not be complaining about anything.

Not much Spurs can do about the boring night life aspect of the city. They can give God like treatment to these players, and they would still complain. This is why I don't take it seriously when they say stuff criticizing the organization. They say the same shit about any small marketplace. It is what it is.

The Truth #6
05-09-2024, 11:22 AM
That's a fair point. Is it that the Spurs don't want "inner city" kids (a dated term, lots of low income housing neighborhoods not near downtown areas, whatever) or that our Coach who is also "too woke" wants players who will buy into playing in boring San Antonio?

RC_Drunkford
05-09-2024, 06:03 PM
I‘m pretty sure if the people on this board were NBA players, the majority of them wouldn‘t want to play for the Spurs and their senile head coach

John B
05-09-2024, 06:09 PM
16-19 NBA career years for the big 3, not bad. Most of them reside in San Antonio

TD 21
05-09-2024, 06:40 PM
When a player from the inner city says the Spurs "weren't for him" that really means SA is boring city that has no night life. That's really what it comes down to. Spurs did everything for Rudy. They even overpaid him at the end of his career. He should not be complaining about anything.

Not much Spurs can do about the boring night life aspect of the city. They can give God like treatment to these players, and they would still complain. This is why I don't take it seriously when they say stuff criticizing the organization. They say the same shit about any small marketplace. It is what it is.

Considering many players have had no problem throwing non glamor cities (including this one) under the bus over the years, I doubt it.

What they mean is it's not an organization with an environment that has many of them and by extension their culture around, so they feel like outsiders.

daslicer
05-10-2024, 06:59 AM
Considering many players have had no problem throwing non glamor cities (including this one) under the bus over the years, I doubt it.

What they mean is it's not an organization with an environment that has many of them and by extension their culture around, so they feel like outsiders.

That's not true guys have complained about playing in OKC, Portland, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Indiana, in the past. Notice all those places have 1 thing in common which is they are boring entertainment wise.

TD 21
05-10-2024, 10:30 AM
That's not true guys have complained about playing in OKC, Portland, Milwaukee, Salt Lake, Indiana, in the past. Notice all those places have 1 thing in common which is they are boring entertainment wise.

Yeah, that's basically what I said. If it were about the city, he'd have likely just said that.

scott
05-10-2024, 01:02 PM
Not weird at all especially considering that he was there during the Nephew debacle. Even Danny Green has thrown some slight shade at the org after his departure. Players not 100% loving everything about FO is not out of the ordinary tbh. I also wouldnt be surprised if the FO operates with a sense of arrogance that rubs some players the wrong way (a la the Patriots in the NFL)

I think fans get thrown off by comments like that because they give PATFO way too much credit for this franchise's success over the years.

We should never forget that PATFO were made by Duncan, point blank. They were irrelevant before (blah blah DRob) and have been largely irrelevant since Timmy retired.

Thankfully they lucked into yet another generational big man that can hopefully carry them once again tbh.

100%

I think fans also get thrown off because it's entirely possible that these players (Rudy, LMA, etc) respect and care for Pop as a person but still aren't fans of his bullshit. I'm sure a lot of that have people we work with that we really like as humans, and want to be successful and happy... but have plenty of criticism about the way they do their jobs. Professional basketball isn't any different.

Bottom line - Pop's an old geezer who does shit like grab a mic to condemn fans for booing. What else needs to be seen to know this guy is completely out of touch? Now the Sniff crew will bring out the torches for our sweet Prince Rudy

scott
05-10-2024, 01:07 PM
Rudy ain't talking about the city's nightlife :lol Homeboy's career stops were Memphis, Toronto, Sacramento, SA and Utah. Among those, only Toronto has big city night life. I doubt Rudy got to San Antonio and was suddenly shocked that it wasn't Vegas.

Seventyniner
05-10-2024, 03:23 PM
Bottom line - Pop's an old geezer who does shit like grab a mic to condemn fans for booing. What else needs to be seen to know this guy is completely out of touch? Now the Sniff crew will bring out the torches for our sweet Prince Rudy

Who exactly is this "Sniff crew"?

There's a ton of room between thinking that PATFO does everything wrong/should all be fired and thinking that PATFO is infallible and should never be criticized or questioned. Instead of making strawman arguments against the (imaginary) latter group, why not treat each decision by PATFO on a case-by-case basis?

scott
05-10-2024, 04:15 PM

There's a ton of room between thinking that PATFO does everything wrong/should all be fired and thinking that PATFO is infallible and should never be criticized or questioned. Instead of making strawman arguments against the (imaginary) latter group, why not treat each decision by PATFO on a case-by-case basis?

You answered your own question.

MultiTroll
05-10-2024, 04:34 PM

A thread was made on the subject of "Phuck ups by Popped and the FO since summer 2018." -paraphrasing.
It was volumes and on point.

Dejounte
05-10-2024, 06:00 PM
You answered your own question.
If we’re being honest, there’s only three-ish people like that: Atl Spur, John B, and exstatic.

Seventyniner
05-10-2024, 06:07 PM
If we’re being honest, there’s only three-ish people like that: Atl Spur, John B, and exstatic.

That's my point. Arguing against like three people is fine, but call them out by name rather than some group title that only applies to a small handful of people here.

Mugen
05-10-2024, 06:13 PM
Rudy ain't talking about the city's nightlife :lol Homeboy's career stops were Memphis, Toronto, Sacramento, SA and Utah. Among those, only Toronto has big city night life. I doubt Rudy got to San Antonio and was suddenly shocked that it wasn't Vegas.

This. He definitely wasn't talking about anything but the FO/organization.

scott
05-10-2024, 06:20 PM
That's my point. Arguing against like three people is fine, but call them out by name rather than some group title that only applies to a small handful of people here.

The population of Orthodox Sniffers may be diminished but they must all be eradicated.

But, you may recall the hate from Spurs fans that DJM got when he talked about his experience here (not just on this board)... that was my point re: Rudy.

Leetonidas
05-10-2024, 06:42 PM

You forgot Mrs. Body tbh

Leetonidas
05-10-2024, 06:44 PM
That was a weird interview by Rudy, kinda rambling and not really saying a ton. idk what he's talking about when he mentioned playing with someone's career or whatever and not respecting it. dude got overpaid and overplayed here and even re-signed and no surprise he's out of the NBA shortly after leaving. He didn't outright shit on the Spurs but he sounds kinda bitter for whatever reason