PDA

View Full Version : NBA PLAYOFFS THREAD

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7

JPB
04-27-2024, 03:30 PM
OKC-NO game 3 now on.

OKC (2-0) up 14 at the half. OKC has a legit shot at making the WCF imo. Denver still wins it, I believe.

scott
04-27-2024, 04:17 PM
Top 3 teams in the west look head and shoulders above the rest of the competition. East is a little flatter. Been VERY impressed with Orlando's defense.

Have to imagine another big shake up coming for Phoenix, in addition to CLE, LAC, LAL gonna have to take a hard look in the mirror at WTF they are doing with their teams.

LeBowen
04-27-2024, 04:27 PM
OKC already looks scary and I hate it. Not scary as in being the favorites right now, but with their roster and stash of assets it would take some major fucking up or injury trouble to not contend over the next decade. I guess we can hope their ownership refuses to pay the luxury tax again a few years down the line.
NOLA needs some major retooling. Ingram and CJ need to go. Either build around Zion or blow it up if he can't stay healthy.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise. Kind of feel sad for Ballmer, he should've tried to bring the Sonics back because he clearly loves basketball and wants to spend as much as it's needed to contend.
Mavs are looking good. But not enough to get to the finals, imo.

Suns are another joke franchise, I'll be enjoying their downfall.
Timberwolves defense is scary, but I want to see how their offense functions against a top contender. I think Nuggets will be too much for them.

Lakers need to decide if they're going to stay Lebron's hostage or get rid of him.
Nuggets are half-assing it and easily taking care of business.

Celtics will probably win the series, but something's wrong there. Too chaotic, I think Mazzulla is not up to the task.
Heat are just amazing. They keep pulling no names out of their ass and outplaying stacked teams.

Cavs are in for a rough summer. Mitchell is gone, but the bigger issue is that everyone else has been underwhelming.
Magic are the most pleasant surprise. Scary defense, they just need a true point guard because their offense looks rough and Banchero is a black hole.

Bucks are also cooked. Too old with no way out. I give Giannis one more year before he asks out.
Pacers are onto something, just need experience.

Sixers are the team I'm hating right now because Embiid is a bitch, no other way around it.
Knicks are great to watch, as much as I hate to admit it. I just love Thibs basketball.

JPB
04-27-2024, 04:28 PM
Top 3 teams in the west look head and shoulders above the rest of the competition. East is a little flatter. Been VERY impressed with Orlando's defense.

Have to imagine another big shake up coming for Phoenix, in addition to CLE, LAC, LAL gonna have to take a hard look in the mirror at WTF they are doing with their teams.

PHO is in pretty bad shape after going all in with Durant and Beal. LA will always find a way but Clips are locked with Nephew's 100M corpse for the next 2 years.

NO giving up apparently, down 23 in the 4th... Series over. Hard to build a team around a guy like Zion. Unless he really slims down, he'll watch the POs from the sidelines whatever his career lasts. Can't have the game he has with the body he has.

skin27
04-27-2024, 05:14 PM
Fckn Butler hairdoo

MultiTroll
04-27-2024, 05:53 PM
Are we doing the NBA on Spurs Forum now?

Spurs related:
Excellent Ginobili level flop or cheap crap?

TD 21
04-27-2024, 06:09 PM
Not a banner start for those in favor of significant change. Continuity, chemistry and in a related note homegrown talent (Nuggets, Celtics, Thunder, Timberwolves) are winning the day, while the antithesis (Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Bucks) are floundering.

Of course, that's an oversimplification that lacks context, but I'm sure this organization will treat it as further proof of concept.

NOLA needs some major retooling. Ingram and CJ need to go. Either build around Zion or blow it up if he can't stay healthy.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise.

Lakers need to decide if they're going to stay Lebron's hostage or get rid of him.

Celtics will probably win the series, but something's wrong there. Too chaotic, I think Mazzulla is not up to the task.

The Pelicans, Cavaliers (and Hawks) are the same type of team. Good (if overrated) talent, but terrible fit.

Not sure how Scumbag's softness and probably damaged psyched at this point has anything to do with the Clippers being a "joke franchise".

Blame Ishbia, who spearheaded the idiotic Beal trade (a drastically overpaid, worse version of Durant and Booker for a team filled with holes) and will probably fire the coach again.
Vogel is lucky he's white, or the media would be killing him for historically awful 4th quarter offense and overall underwhelming team.

James is a cash cow and what's the alternative?

Nuggets are not as good as perceived, but Jokic and greater than sum of their parts starting five obscures it.

It's not about Mazzulla, it's about the same, old issues: No MVP caliber player and in related note, elite play maker.

Jordan Jackson
04-27-2024, 06:13 PM
Nuggets need to put the Lakers out of their misery tonight. ESPN wasting all that air time trying to convince their idiot fanbase/casuals that the Lakers were contenders and had a chance. lol

mo7888
04-27-2024, 07:00 PM

To me, this is what makes 'calling your ideal off-season' so tough. There's just no way to know if those teams blow it and how that'll present opportunities that are either direct or indirect. I think it does create alot of interesting scenarios though..

MultiTroll
04-27-2024, 07:32 PM
Concur these Ritchie Rich owners, in particular
Balmer
Isbia

Have certainly shot themselves in the foot trying to buy a Chip with the wrong players.
Any GM worth a dime could have known Durbeta and Beal are way past prime.
Kahwi and Playoff Pee, insane giving them the years and money Balmer did.

Degoat
04-27-2024, 07:54 PM
For SA locals, is the Nuggets/Lakers game showing on ABC tonight? Mine is showing SA’s fiesta parade lol

scott
04-27-2024, 08:17 PM
To me, this is what makes 'calling your ideal off-season' so tough. There's just no way to know if those teams blow it and how that'll present opportunities that are either direct or indirect. I think it does create alot of interesting scenarios though..

But it's also why I wanted to start it before the playoffs start... opinions can always evolve as we progress through the offseason, and it will be fun to see how everyone's "ideal" offseason changes throughout! :)

daslicer
04-27-2024, 08:52 PM
OKC already looks scary and I hate it. Not scary as in being the favorites right now, but with their roster and stash of assets it would take some major fucking up or injury trouble to not contend over the next decade. I guess we can hope their ownership refuses to pay the luxury tax again a few years down the line.

Clippers are the Clippers, duh. Joke franchise. Kind of feel sad for Ballmer, he should've tried to bring the Sonics back because he clearly loves basketball and wants to spend as much as it's needed to contend.
Mavs are looking good. But not enough to get to the finals, imo.

Timberwolves defense is scary, but I want to see how their offense functions against a top contender. I think Nuggets will be too much for them.

Heat are just amazing. They keep pulling no names out of their ass and outplaying stacked teams.

Cavs are in for a rough summer. Mitchell is gone, but the bigger issue is that everyone else has been underwhelming.
Magic are the most pleasant surprise. Scary defense, they just need a true point guard because their offense looks rough and Banchero is a black hole.

Bucks are also cooked. Too old with no way out. I give Giannis one more year before he asks out.
Pacers are onto something, just need experience.

Sixers are the team I'm hating right now because Embiid is a bitch, no other way around it.
Knicks are great to watch, as much as I hate to admit it. I just love Thibs basketball.

Embiid has taken a page out of Draymond's playbook when it comes to being dirty. I can't let it go what he did to Mitchell Robinson. That was a bush league foul he pulled on Mitch.

mo7888
04-27-2024, 09:14 PM
But it's also why I wanted to start it before the playoffs start... opinions can always evolve as we progress through the offseason, and it will be fun to see how everyone's "ideal" offseason changes throughout! :)

No doubt... that thread should have a long run...

MultiTroll
04-27-2024, 10:15 PM
You Lebron Haters that don't want him on the Spurs for a year or two can blow.

JPB
04-28-2024, 10:44 AM
Not a banner start for those in favor of significant change. Continuity, chemistry and in a related note homegrown talent (Nuggets, Celtics, Thunder, Timberwolves) are winning the day, while the antithesis (Lakers, Suns, Clippers, Bucks) are floundering.

Not so sure about "homegrown talent". MINNY sold the farm for Gobert and OKC got their main star by trade too, then Denver lucked into Jokic in the second round, which you should'nt really bet on every year, right :)

I beleive it shows taking risks and not entirely building through the draft pays off, becasue it's really hard and rare to get your 2 or 3 stars via the draft, both statistically and techically.

the hardest part is getting your franchise player. From that point on, you should focus on free agency and trades to find your second banana if you ask me because the probalbity you find another star via the draft slims down, specially with a franchise player like Wemby who won't be OK for another tanking year, plus 3-4 years of development for that other hypothetical star.

TD 21
04-28-2024, 11:09 AM
Not so sure about "homegrown talent". MINNY sold the farm for Gobert and OKC got their main star by trade too, then Denver lucked into Jokic in the second round, which you should'nt really bet on every year, right :)

I beleive it shows taking risks and not entirely building through the draft pays off, becasue it's really hard and rare to get your 2 or 3 stars via the draft, both statistically and techically.

the hardest part is getting your franchise player. From that point on, you should focus on free agency and trades to find your second banana if you ask me because the probalbity you find another star via the draft slims down, specially with a franchise player like Wemby who won't be OK for another tanking year, plus 3-4 years of development for that other hypothetical star.

Rotational "homegrown" players . . .

Timberwolves: Towns, Reid, McLaughlin (fringe), Edwards, McDaniels
Thunder: Dort, Giddey, Wiggins, (Jalen), Williams, (Jaylin) Williams, Holmgren, Wallace
Nuggets: Jokic, Murray, Porter Jr., Braun, Watson

I'm not advocating for this approach, I'm just saying from a Spurs perspective, there isn't anything happening that's likely to change their preference or stance.

taps
04-28-2024, 11:58 AM
For SA locals, is the Nuggets/Lakers game showing on ABC tonight? Mine is showing SA’s fiesta parade lol

Even SA’s local affiliate says FTL.

BackHome
04-28-2024, 02:06 PM
OKC-NO game 3 now on.

OKC (2-0) up 14 at the half. OKC has a legit shot at making the WCF imo. Denver still wins it, I believe.

Zion has not played so that was a Huge break for OKC

JPB
04-28-2024, 02:20 PM
NEW YORK (2-1) - PHILLY game 3

New York up 5, 8min to go in the 4th. If Knicks get this one, series might be over. With Milwaukee in pretty bad shape too (down 1-2 with Giannis and Dame ruled out for game 4), it should be a boulevard for Boston this year in the East.

JPB
04-28-2024, 02:30 PM
NY 90 - 89 PHI

3:59 in the 4th. We have a thriller.

LeBowen
04-28-2024, 02:48 PM
Oubre and Harris taking decisive threes, good job flopper.

Most embarrassing MVP in NBA history. Noone else was such a playoffs underperformer without even trying.

One (!!!) point in the fourth. Took out Robinson only to get locked up by Achiuwa and OG. https://www.spurstalk.com//content.invisioncic.com/Msigames/emoticons/laughingsmiley001.gif

Can't wait for G5, must see television, he might start crying in MSG. https://www.spurstalk.com//content.invisioncic.com/Msigames/emoticons/cool.png

JPB
04-28-2024, 02:50 PM
NY winning this. That was awful BB honestly. Knicks being 2nd in the East is freaky. It's Brunson and a bunch of guys. But you're not winning anything with Brunson as your top guy.

TD 21
04-28-2024, 03:15 PM
I'm not an Embiid fan, but I don't see how he could receive criticism for this.

He logged 43:58, including the entire 2nd half, on one leg, with Bell's palsy and despite being medically cleared, as always in the playoffs looks like he has no business playing and they fall apart with him off the floor.

The masses can't blame favorite whipping boy Rivers this time and the media is too in bed with unethical Nurse, so Morey will probably receive the lion's share.

Despite solid assets, he didn't do enough at the deadline (Embiid's health may have played a role).

Mr. Body
04-28-2024, 03:31 PM
Seeing a generation of old stars getting smacked forcibly to the ground -- Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, LeBron, all getting dumped hard this year.

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 04:16 PM
so tired of watching Embiid's mangled corpse out there injured/ill during a playoff series

hurts to look at him dragging lol

mo7888
04-28-2024, 04:18 PM
Seeing a generation of old stars getting smacked forcibly to the ground -- Harden, Westbrook, Curry, Durant, LeBron, all getting dumped hard this year.

These old stars are about to a point where they're going to take smaller contracts and join the next generation if they're going to compete and extend their legacy.

LeBowen
04-28-2024, 04:26 PM
These old stars are about to a point where they're going to take smaller contracts and join the next generation if they're going to compete and extend their legacy.

All of them except Curry tried to make superteams to compensate for their age and it backfired. Being taken care of by homegrown, young teams. Poetic justice, tbh.

TD 21
04-28-2024, 04:33 PM
Golden boy made the ultimate "super team" by being part of a contingent that begged the then consensus second best player in the league to join his already young, well fitting, consensus best team in the league because he had no interest in competing to earn his hardware.

DAF86
04-28-2024, 04:37 PM
Clippers shitting their pants :lol

Also, lol Nephew being out again.

Robz4000
04-28-2024, 04:39 PM
:lol Clippers doing what they do best

daslicer
04-28-2024, 04:51 PM
Golden boy made the ultimate "super team" by being part of a contingent that begged the then consensus second best player in the league to join his already young, well fitting, consensus best team in the league because he had no interest in competing to earn his hardware.

I agree and have to say Steph is truly a snake in the grass that most people don't see. Him and Draymond are both linked together but the media always believes Draymond is a rogue actor in all of his actions, but Steph approves of everything he does and protects him. The reason I bring this up is that like you said Steph also was behind the begging for Durant and Draymond was just a front man for it. Steph did Durant dirty when he had the Warriors pick Draymond over Durant. If Steph wanted, he could have gotten rid of Draymond and had the Warriors keep Durant.

Durant truly was the fool in all of this though he got used up like a hooker and then thrown in the trash by the Warriors organization. His signing with the Warriors ushered in the worst era of basketball from a competitive standpoint and it took 7 years for competitive balance to be restored to what it was before that signing.

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 04:56 PM
Clippers shitting their pants :lol

Also, lol Nephew being out again.

lol

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 05:12 PM
Lol mavs first lead since 8-7

Trailed clippers by 31

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 05:17 PM
What a vintage throwback with huge games from Irving, Harden and George

Instant classic.

Robz4000
04-28-2024, 05:17 PM
Welp, Clippers recovered

LeBowen
04-28-2024, 05:18 PM
Tbh, Harden must regret buying into MDA and Morey's nonsense with the 3pt or layup and foul baiting.
Could've done so much better with a good franchise and actual basketball gameplan.

I'd take him for a couple of years, would be perfect for Wemby.

CorrectCrusader
04-28-2024, 05:23 PM
I hate Dallas more than I hate Kawhi or Harden so this is good

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 05:24 PM
Brilliant flop to get 2 fts without burning a single second

Mal
04-28-2024, 05:30 PM
That Mavs team sucks, Irving is a chucker, and Doncic is so gassed..

heyheymymy
04-28-2024, 05:30 PM
Looks like LA has shirts with the slogan all hands with the l and a making a LA. As in all hands on deck.

Wonder if that is a subtle jab at kawhi lol

heyheymymy
04-29-2024, 07:44 PM
jeez D White 22 points at halftime 6-9 from 3PT

come home buffalo

spurraider21
04-29-2024, 08:04 PM
Golden boy had won a championship 2 years prior to that, and was on a 73 win team that lost in 7 in the finals... so its really wild to say he had no interest in competing to earn hardware.

Golden boy then went on to win another chip after durant left

timtonymanu
04-29-2024, 08:06 PM
Fathead :cry

Robz4000
04-29-2024, 08:40 PM
Bring back DWhite imo.

Robz4000
04-29-2024, 08:42 PM
:lmao Tatum

GAustex
04-29-2024, 09:00 PM
DWhite so happy he away from Poop and the SA clusterfuck

TD 21
04-29-2024, 10:47 PM
Golden boy had won a championship 2 years prior to that, and was on a 73 win team that lost in 7 in the finals... so its really wild to say he had no interest in competing to earn hardware.

Golden boy then went on to win another chip after durant left

Golden boy won a championship by avoiding every other contender other than the Cavaliers, who had their second and third best players injured and the teams he did play all had significant injuries as well . . . and before you say it, no one is blaming him for that, but let's not pretend they had proven much in the playoffs.

That also doesn't have anything to do with the two championships with Durant, nor does the one after where the path again cleared. Once again, they faced one contender, who were banged up, as was every other opponent (or injured).

The reality is, had those frauds actually believed they were as good as the NBA/BSPN wanted to (and did) brainwash the masses into believing they were, they wouldn't have felt compelled to beg the consensus second best player in the league to join them.

NASpurs
04-29-2024, 10:53 PM
The Wolves players must be licking their chops. Seems like the Nuggets and Lakers players are dropping like flies.

Robz4000
04-29-2024, 11:05 PM
The Wolves players must be licking their chops. Seems like the Nuggets and Lakers players are dropping like flies.

Luckily if the Nuggets pull this out they get a week off tbh.

Robz4000
04-29-2024, 11:28 PM
Nuggets vs T'Pups is gonna be a blast tbh.

Spurs Homer
04-30-2024, 12:08 AM
lol china doll unibrow
lol china doll zion

and ill never understand why teams keep signing people like
dinwiddie
eric gordon

t wolves and nuggets going to be a dogfight

Rubberducky
04-30-2024, 12:28 AM
Did Lebron shake hands with the Nuggets or run off the court again as soon as it ended?

widowmaker
04-30-2024, 07:36 AM
So suns out, fakers out, zion overrated out and soon mavfags out. Ill be done with the playoffs by the end of the week.

JPB
04-30-2024, 08:57 AM
They may have lost KP for some time but BOS, barring an array of other injuries, is a lock in the West for the finals.

should be DEN in the East, with a little chance for OKC.

Pauleta14
04-30-2024, 09:13 AM
They may have lost KP for some time but BOS, barring an array of other injuries, is a lock in the West for the finals.

You don't beleive in the Wolves?

They tied 2-2 vs Nuggets and have eveything to make an upstet imo0

ANT is on a mission and KAT is a tough matchup

heyheymymy
04-30-2024, 10:35 AM
lol china doll unibrow
lol china doll zion

and ill never understand why teams keep signing people like
dinwiddie
eric gordon

t wolves and nuggets going to be a dogfight

lol at AD wtf happened last night? A mild breeze waft'd past and dudes shoulder explodes

Unbelievable fragility man, AD is always shattering like that what a fucking joke

Spurs Homer
04-30-2024, 11:27 AM
lol at AD wtf happened last night? A mild breeze waft'd past and dudes shoulder explodes

Unbelievable fragility man, AD is always shattering like that what a fucking joke

it was a BRUTAL…..

brush

by a guy 100 pounds lighter!

John B
04-30-2024, 11:32 AM
I rooted for Nuggets against Fakers. But now I’m gonna root for T’Wolves. Nuggets would be favorite. I just don’t want Jokic getting B2B and Nuggets getting compared as better than our Big 3. Call it whatever but fuck that.

timtonymanu
04-30-2024, 11:47 AM
Why do spurs fans get insecure about the media calling anyone better than our big 3. Whatever that means. :lol

Just enjoy the 5 titles that you “played to win” for

spurraider21
04-30-2024, 11:52 AM
Golden boy won a championship by avoiding every other contender other than the Cavaliers, who had their second and third best players injured and the teams he did play all had significant injuries as well . . . and before you say it, no one is blaming him for that, but let's not pretend they had proven much in the playoffs.

That also doesn't have anything to do with the two championships with Durant, nor does the one after where the path again cleared. Once again, they faced one contender, who were banged up, as was every other opponent (or injured).

The reality is, had those frauds actually believed they were as good as the NBA/BSPN wanted to (and did) brainwash the masses into believing they were, they wouldn't have felt compelled to beg the consensus second best player in the league to join them.
smallestviolin.jpg

rjv
04-30-2024, 11:55 AM

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSrHX9kB83jSlhneJuC-eee1VxecPweylX_vA&usqp=CAU

TD 21
04-30-2024, 04:34 PM
smallestviolin.jpg

AKA, you concede . . . if it were James, Durant, Harden, Davis, Embiid, etc. the masses wouldn't be so forgiving.

spurraider21
04-30-2024, 04:41 PM
AKA, you concede . . . if it were James, Durant, Harden, Davis, Embiid, etc. the masses wouldn't be so forgiving.
tim duncan only won in 99 because ewing got hurt

duncan only won in 03 because dirk got hurt and missed that series

duncan only won in 05 because horry bailed his ass out in game 5 of the finals

they only won in 07 because of the bullshit hipcheck leading to critical suspension

you can make excuses for any single title run. when a guy has multiple, the excuses wear thin

TD 21
04-30-2024, 04:56 PM

they only won in 07 because of the bullshit hipcheck leading to critical suspension

you can make excuses for any single title run. when a guy has multiple, the excuses wear thin

Singular injuries (go on enough runs, everyone will benefit from some), not to virtually every opponent while avoiding the championship contenders . . .

Ewing was old, largely ineffective and Camby was better.

Fine, but given that it was a GOAT caliber run and he just demolished O'Neal and Bryant, somehow I don't think he was letting Nowitzki stop him.

They still would have had game 6 and 7 back home.

Except they controlled most of that series and had owned that team throughout the era.

Duncan also went through every other great player/team of his era. Who did Golden Boy notably go through at full strength and without Durant holding his hand? The '16 Thunder. Congratulations!

objective
04-30-2024, 07:22 PM
Knicks fans chanting "F**K EMBIID" ... Imagine Pop coaching the Knicks, automatic takeover of the PA System followed by uncontrolled crying and an immediate voluntary forfeiture of the game

ace3g
04-30-2024, 08:34 PM
Mad Maxey!!!

skin27
04-30-2024, 08:34 PM
Maxey going bananas to save 76ers

NASpurs
04-30-2024, 08:35 PM
Knicks are such a cursed franchise :lol

They'll probably win but fuck that franchise

Pauleta14
04-30-2024, 08:36 PM
Been saying for months I'm taking Maxey over Brunson any day

He's the best in NBA with Chai

spurraider21
04-30-2024, 08:42 PM
guy who watches 6'2 maxey and 6'2 brunson dueling in the playoffs who says 6'2 dillingham is too small to consider drafting

ace3g
04-30-2024, 08:42 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GMdRBbtXQAAeCiZ?format=jpg&name=large

mo7888
04-30-2024, 08:45 PM
guy who watches 6'2 maxey and 6'2 brunson dueling in the playoffs who says 6'2 dillingham is too small to consider drafting

I'll be curious to see how he measures. He looks under 6' to me.. if he's really 6'2" when he officially measures I'll be surprised..

spurraider21
04-30-2024, 08:48 PM
I'll be curious to see how he measures. He looks under 6' to me.. if he's really 6'2" when he officially measures I'll be surprised..
to be fair maxey also has a 6'8 wingspan which dilly certainly wont. brunson doesnt have much by way of measurables tho

kemba walker measured 6'1 or so at his combine. not a tier 1 superstar or anything but a very good player for several years, 4x all star. and he wasnt nearly as good a shooter as dillingham was (in college, and thats despite kemba playing 3 years at uconn)

NASpurs
04-30-2024, 08:55 PM

Don't know man... when's the last time a midget, high volume PG won a championship?

MultiTroll
04-30-2024, 09:03 PM
Thibsovich Knicks give up a 6 point lead with 28 seconds to go.

My head hurts. You have to play extremely stoopid level BB to choke that off.

Easy, don't give up a 3 pointer?
They did Popovich one better. Gave up a 4 pointer. :drunk:rollin

Spurs Homer
04-30-2024, 09:12 PM
lol Embiid = MVP….

Meaty
Vagina
Pusscake

MultiTroll
04-30-2024, 09:17 PM
Cmon now he's obviously at 80% tops. More like 70.

Unreal giveaway by NYK.

skin27
04-30-2024, 09:28 PM
Knicks choked worst than "6":lol

Spurs Homer
04-30-2024, 09:29 PM
Cmon now he's obviously at 80% tops. More like 70.

Unreal giveaway by NYK.

yeah

like every fucking season without fail

he thinks he is chrissy paul with his annual pussy flameout

timtonymanu
04-30-2024, 10:29 PM
Don’t know who it was that suggested a Middleton/Portis trade, but I would love Middleton right now.

JPB
05-01-2024, 06:42 AM

the problem isn't when these shorter guys meet.

Spurs Homer
05-01-2024, 11:53 AM
the problem isn't when these shorter guys meet.

both midgets torched our superior defenders that are a million times better than trae young - sez spurstalk genius minds!

Ef-man
05-01-2024, 12:32 PM
both midgets torched our superior defenders that are a million times better than trae young - sez spurstalk genius minds!

Small ball does not live in the paint.

The paint is for giants.

lefty
05-01-2024, 02:17 PM
Excellent management by the Suns FO and team bluilding

Also good job fucking your draft for the foreseeable future

John B
05-01-2024, 03:25 PM
Small ball does not live in the paint.

The paint is for giants.

That’s old school basketball. With stretch bigs pulling bigs out, and it’s illegal defense to camp the post, more guards/sf are attacking the lanes (that’s if they don’t pull-up long 3’s). I wonder if Ja would dare attack the rim with Charles Oakley and Mahorn waiting for him. But yup that’s 90’s bruh. Giants now take 3’s :lmao

heyheymymy
05-01-2024, 05:13 PM
Poor MPJ just begging his brothers to stay out of the news for a few weeks

MultiTroll
05-01-2024, 05:48 PM
Doncic going with sprained knee.

ismael-robert
05-01-2024, 06:35 PM

Are you okay? Bos is in east and Den in west...

LeBowen
05-01-2024, 07:05 PM
Heat are down so bad Patty is out there.

Derrick playing out of his mind.

spurraider21
05-01-2024, 07:52 PM
by far the least entertaining series of the first round. nobody wants to watch the corpse of miami. them stealing game 2 just made it worse because now we had to endure 5 games instead of 4. at least OKC swept NOP so we didnt have to see much more of that

no butler, no jacquez, no rozier, no richardson

Strategic
05-01-2024, 08:17 PM
Predictable game going now. Miami scrubs sucking. Maybe Bam wants out? Too bad I don’t have anything better to do than watch a game like this.

GAustex
05-01-2024, 08:52 PM
Good for DWhite

spurraider21
05-01-2024, 09:00 PM
Predictable game going now. Miami scrubs sucking. Maybe Bam wants out? Too bad I don’t have anything better to do than watch a game like this.
its a depleted miami team. boston prob would have beaten a healthy miami team anyway but it at least would have been a series. other than game 2 that shit was unwatchable

Ef-man
05-01-2024, 09:08 PM
That’s old school basketball. With stretch bigs pulling bigs out, and it’s illegal defense to camp the post, more guards/sf are attacking the lanes (that’s if they don’t pull-up long 3’s). I wonder if Ja would dare attack the rim with Charles Oakley and Mahorn waiting for him. But yup that’s 90’s bruh. Giants now take 3’s :lmao

Bruh, you thinking of 2010 Chris I don’t like getting hit so I will stay far away from the paint and shoot 3s Bosh

Few bigs are good at 3s but modern game has teams living and dying by the 3.

Dex
05-01-2024, 09:18 PM
I am so tired of the 8 total commercials they play on loop during EVERY FUCKING GAME

weeks
05-01-2024, 10:07 PM
westbrick 4/27 for these games :spin

spurs1990
05-01-2024, 10:17 PM
This guy Derrick White for the Boston team is something else

weeks
05-01-2024, 10:41 PM
westbrick 4/27 for these games :spin

sorry, it's now 4 of his last 32

MultiTroll
05-01-2024, 10:44 PM
4 for 24 tonight combined:

Westbrick
Playoff Pee
Beardo

With combined 7 turnovers.

Mavs by 23 over Clips mid 3rd period.

weeks
05-01-2024, 10:50 PM
4 for 24 tonight combined:

Westbrick
Playoff Pee
Beardo

With combined 7 turnovers.

Mavs by 23 over Clips mid 3rd period.

Zubac has looked like their best player

lefty
05-01-2024, 10:51 PM
:lol thinking Oak or Mahorn would stop Ja

timtonymanu
05-01-2024, 11:11 PM
:lol nephew
:lol clippers
:lol when James harden is your best player

Robz4000
05-01-2024, 11:15 PM
:lol Cl:lolppers

John B
05-01-2024, 11:36 PM
:lol thinking Oak or Mahorn would stop Ja

They might not stop Ja, but for sure Ja would think twice getting clotheslined again

Spurs Homer
05-01-2024, 11:39 PM
Kawhitter doing what kawhitter does….kawhitt on his team…and malinger his way to fat paychecks

what a piece of shit…

thanks for paving the way for wemby tho, loser

Ef-man
05-02-2024, 12:35 AM
Harden 7 pts. :lol
Westbrick 6 pts :lol

The ball don’t lie

JPB
05-02-2024, 03:31 AM
NBA: Officials missed Tyrese Maxey travel at end of regulation.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/40065721/officials-missed-tyrese-maxey-travel-final-moments

Also should have granted Knicks the ball with .4 to play after Batum's block...

.4 :cry

JPB
05-02-2024, 03:37 AM
Are you okay? Bos is in east and Den in west...

Dyslexia I guess :lol

Been doing this several times lately, maybe I should consult.

Ice009
05-02-2024, 12:28 PM

Knicks were losing with or without Ewing, he wouldn't have Swung the series. They may never have even made it to the finals had he played. It would have changed the dynamic of the team.

Spurs were on the verge of going up 3-1 when Dirk got hurt. And if I remember right, the Mavs got 50+ free throws in game 1, or game 2, can't remember which one we lost, but that was some real BS going on in that game (just like the free throws/calls they got in games 3 & 4 in '06).

'05, yes, Horry did bail out Tim a little bit, I will give you that one, but Tim did the heavy lifting in game 7 when it was all on the line. Detroit would have had a lot of confidence going into game 7 winning game 6 in SA. They were battle tested at that point, but in the highest pressure game, TD took control of the game going again one of the greatest defensive front courts in NBA history (not named the Spurs) by putting them in foul trouble and carrying the Spurs when it absolutely had to be done. Tim also had two injured ankles by that point - If you recall, going into the playoffs he had a badly sprained ankle where he missed games at the end of the season and his health going into the playoffs was in question, but this is TIM DUNCAN (not Kawhi Leonard - sorry for the jab, KL) and he was going to play, and if you remember he then hurt the other one at the end of Game 6 against Seattle where the crowd was cheering when he went down. Considering those circumstances, I thought he did great not being fully healthy. Who knows how much better he could have done if his ankles were good for the whole playoffs. So to an extent, Horry did help, but Tim still did a lot of the heavy lifting that series.

The hip-check, we'll never know with that one as it's not our fault their players ran off the bench. Spurs also had a mental lapse that game. We gave it away, it's not like they took if from us. The Spurs then went into Phoenix and took game 5 against the Suns with a VERY hostile crowd out for blood (I think it was one of the Spurs' very best wins). The Suns had their chance, but they blew it. TD and Manu were magnificent that game. TD took control of the game in the 3rd quarter by relentlessly scoring a ton of consecutive points on their best defender to seize control of the game and silence the crowd.

This is all completely different to the Warriors and Curry. TD didn't shrink in most of the biggest moments and didn't need to be carried in his prime (He was also voted finals MVP against a prime Lebron before all the shit that went down in game 6 of the 2013 playoffs. I still say if TD was on the court, he would have grabbed one of those rebounds. I am still angry Pop had him on the bench. I'd rather have my franchise player out there who knows how to find a way to win big games). He was usually the Spurs' MVP the whole playoffs during his prime. A few times someone like Manu or TP were the MVPs of a certain series due to strategy or matchups, but for the majority of his prime, TD was the best player on the Spurs for the whole of the playoffs regardless of the outcome. Even in darn 2015 TD was going against athletic freaks in their prime when Kawhi shrank and disappeared after game 4, and almost got us over the line against the Clippers. TD almost always stepped up. Curry couldn't even carry his team to the playoffs let alone a battle like what TD showed in 2015 against the Clippers.

F#$k the Warriors and their bandwagon fans, their begging for KD, and then KD joining them to get a Championship as he wasn't willing to try and get one himself.

spurraider21
05-02-2024, 12:33 PM
dirk got hurt at the end of game 3. spurs up 2-1, with game 4 to be played in dallas. mavs ended up winning game 5 without dirk. and they were up big in game 6, until kerr/jackson popped off for the massive 4th quarter comeback (won the quarter by 25). definitely could have been a different series with dirk

Ice009
05-02-2024, 01:05 PM
dirk got hurt at the end of game 3. spurs up 2-1, with game 4 to be played in dallas. mavs ended up winning game 5 without dirk. and they were up big in game 6, until kerr/jackson popped off for the massive 4th quarter comeback (won the quarter by 25). definitely could have been a different series with dirk

I thought it was game 4 that he got hurt, but looks like my memory was faulty on that one then. I still think the Spurs win that one with him healthy if the officiating is fairly done the rest of the series with no BS officiating games happening. Didn't TP get food poisoning one of those games, too? I think/feel someone in Dallas was trying to take him out to give the Mavs an advantage.

scott
05-02-2024, 01:31 PM
We'll have to see what happens with that 2028 swap, but trading Derrick White for fucking Blake Wesley is looking pretty lopsided :lol

heyheymymy
05-02-2024, 01:37 PM
That D White isn't the D White Spurs would necessarily have today had they kept him all along. I gotta feel like this version of D White was especially shaped by deep runs to ECF and Finals playing alongside a dynamic duo and now a quite balanced squad overall KP injury aside.

But yeah Haliburton and DW have been giving me the fear of missing out pretty bad this postseason lol I agree.

JPB
05-02-2024, 01:52 PM
From Murray/White to Tre/Blake... Let's pick Dilly and call them the 3 musketeers.

itzsoweezee
05-02-2024, 10:36 PM
This sixers-Knicks series has been insane. Just ridiculously clutch shots and embarrassing meltdowns every game

Spurs Homer
05-02-2024, 10:48 PM
lol embiid

regular season hero!

skin27
05-02-2024, 10:51 PM
Great series win for the knicks

JPB
05-03-2024, 05:54 AM
The NBA wanted to get rid of load management and what you get injured or ailing players all over the POs, with the quality of the game impacted.

You want to reduce load management, reduce the number of games first.

widowmaker
05-03-2024, 07:40 AM

But it didn’t turn out that way so……. Same thing if your aunt would have been born with a dick it would have been your uncle so……

widowmaker
05-03-2024, 07:41 AM
Bottom line Mavfags close out the series tonight I promise.

John B
05-03-2024, 07:46 AM
I’m sure Mavs fans still missing Brunson. That 2018 draft was really stacked and Spurs took Lonnie and Metu :lol:lol

Russ
05-03-2024, 08:06 AM
Coach Bud looking good after the Bucks' collapse.

Is Bud just waiting around until Pop retires?

spurraider21
05-03-2024, 08:08 AM
But it didn’t turn out that way so……. Same thing if your aunt would have been born with a dick it would have been your uncle so……
Go far enough upstream and you’ll see that i agree with you. Another poster was writing off Curry’s rings as all having excuses and i was demonstrating anybody can manufacture that narrative for any player if they tried to

lefty
05-03-2024, 08:55 AM
You want to reduce load management, reduce the number of games first.
This
82 games for a regular season is too long when you know only a handful of teams will content for the title

But money talks

lefty
05-03-2024, 08:55 AM
Coach Bud looking good after the Bucks' collapse.

Is Bud just waiting around until Pop retires?
I miss Bud

widowmaker
05-03-2024, 09:19 AM
Go far enough upstream and you’ll see that i agree with you. Another poster was writing off Curry’s rings as all having excuses and i was demonstrating anybody can manufacture that narrative for any player if they tried to

Na not in the mood to scroll through and read old post.

Aggie Hoopsfan
05-03-2024, 12:38 PM
Good to see that backstabbing mofo Doc Rivers get bounced. Alpha mike foxtrot.

baseline bum
05-03-2024, 02:09 PM
Good to see that backstabbing mofo Doc Rivers get bounced. Alpha mike foxtrot.

Still shakes me that the Spurs were one game in Houston from replacing Pop with Coc in 1999. I know you're not a Pop fan but Rivers is an absolute bottom tier coach who wrecks great rosters and the team would be in Anaheim now had Rivers gotten the job.

spurraider21
05-03-2024, 08:12 PM
anybody else hoping Cleveland wins today just so we can get that series over with?

timtonymanu
05-03-2024, 08:21 PM
anybody else hoping Cleveland wins today just so we can get that series over with?

Yep just dragging out the honor of losing to the Celtics next round

scott
05-03-2024, 08:31 PM
Garland getting caught on an unforced 8-second call in the 4th quarter of a close-out game :lol

Is he normally this boneheaded?

spurraider21
05-03-2024, 08:44 PM
https://media.tenor.com/gjtDm406_coAAAAM/pissed-foh.gif

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 08:45 PM

Was rooting for a game 7 myself. Series started off pretty shitty but has gotten better as Orlando has figured out how to play playoff basketball.

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 08:46 PM
Yep just dragging out the honor of losing to the Celtics next round

Think this Magic team could give the Celtics trouble with KP out tbh.

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 08:47 PM
Hoping the Mavs take the Clippers behind the woodshed here.

spurraider21
05-03-2024, 09:03 PM
Hoping the Mavs take the Clippers behind the woodshed here.
i dont have much love for the mavs but fuck nephew with the back of a bus tbh

plus a 0lippers first round meltdown increases the chance that PG just decides to bolt and leaves that franchise in ruins being led by a broken down nephew and aging harden (who actually had a really good season tbh, good on him)

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 09:07 PM
i dont have much love for the mavs but fuck nephew with the back of a bus tbh

plus a 0lippers first round meltdown increases the chance that PG just decides to bolt and leaves that franchise in ruins being led by a broken down nephew and aging harden (who actually had a really good season tbh, good on him)

If PG leaves its kinda bad news for the Spurs since OKC still owns their 2025 pick and can swap in 2026 tbh.

spurraider21
05-03-2024, 09:15 PM
If PG leaves its kinda bad news for the Spurs since OKC still owns their 2025 pick and can swap in 2026 tbh.
unless PG comes to play for Pop and be a leader/mentor for Wemby :stirpot:

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 09:20 PM
unless PG comes to play for Pop and be a leader/mentor for Wemby :stirpot:

Not sure I'd want Playoff Pee anywhere near Wemby in a mentorship role tbh.

DAF86
05-03-2024, 09:30 PM

Actually rooting for a Cavs implossion so that Mitchell and Garland become avilble.

Mr. Body
05-03-2024, 10:02 PM
Reading takes of EC fans, including Cavs, you know, fans who actually watch Cleveland, this isn't uncommon for Garland. Doesn't seem like the smartest guy.

Robz4000
05-03-2024, 10:51 PM
Stick a fork in em, the Clippers are done.

Mr. Body
05-03-2024, 11:55 PM
West was supposed to be stacked, but we're watching the terminal days of a lot of players and teams. Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Suns.

timtonymanu
05-04-2024, 12:44 AM
2nd season in a row where I don’t care who wins. All the teams I don’t like got eliminated in the 1st round.

timtonymanu
05-04-2024, 12:46 AM
Stick a fork in em, the Clippers are done.

Lol giving Nephew an extension
Lol having broken down Nephew instead of Wemby

Robz4000
05-04-2024, 12:46 AM
2nd season in a row where I don’t care who wins. All the teams I don’t like got eliminated in the 1st round.

Don't really wanna see the Mavs win, but I'm cool with the rest.

LeBowen
05-04-2024, 01:54 AM
Orlando are onto something, starting four 6'10 players and it was actually working.
They just need an elite point guard and they'll be contending in weak East as soon as the next year.
Banchero is going to be elite, but he needs a point guard.

JPB
05-04-2024, 03:26 AM
Orlando are onto something, starting four 6'10 players and it was actually working.
They just need an elite point guard and they'll be contending in weak East as soon as the next year.

Reminds me of someone.

tbdog
05-04-2024, 03:49 AM

Banchero is the pg. The highest area in his player usage isn't isos, post ups, hand offs, alley hoops, or pick & roll/pop. It's pick & roll ball handler. Orlando need a deadeye shooter at either guard spot, and more on the bench.

LeBowen
05-04-2024, 08:22 AM
Banchero is the pg. The highest area in his player usage isn't isos, post ups, hand offs, alley hoops, or pick & roll/pop. It's pick & roll ball handler. Orlando need a deadeye shooter at either guard spot, and more on the bench.

Just because he can run some actions doesn't mean he should be the point guard. A common mistake a lot of teams make.
He's at 4.3 assists and 4.5 turnovers in the series.

He can be a great secondary ballhandler, but a true point guard would unlock so much for that team.
I actually think they're the team that goes for Trae.
Their defense is scary, ridiculous size and length, they just need an elite playmaker and some more shooting. They can easily hide Trae on defense.

rankingtear
05-04-2024, 08:41 AM
Just because he can run some actions doesn't mean he should be the point guard. A common mistake a lot of teams make.
He's at 4.3 assists and 4.5 turnovers in the series.

He can be a great secondary ballhandler, but a true point guard would unlock so much for that team.
I actually think they're the team that goes for Trae.
Their defense is scary, ridiculous size and length, they just need an elite playmaker and some more shooting. They can easily hide Trae on defense.

They don't have a center that can play with Trae and both of their guys forwards aren't really known snipers. Klay should be a lock there if GSW lets him go.

mo7888
05-04-2024, 09:33 AM

If Orlando gets a DJ, D'Lo, etc that they've been linked too, I wonder if Suggs will become available? Maybe, as part of a 3-way deal to acquire said PG.

LeBowen
05-04-2024, 09:37 AM
They don't have a center that can play with Trae and both of their guys forwards aren't really known snipers. Klay should be a lock there if GSW lets him go.

WCJ is fine for now. Their rebounding isn't great, but is on par with OKC if we look at regular season stats. These big lineups allowed them to outrebound Cleveland by 4.3 rebound per game.
Klay does seem nice, but only if he's going to be the 6th man.
Suggs has to start because he's an amazing defender, but you can't bench Franz or Banchero.
Suggs+Klay at guards wouldn't really work.

I guess we'll have to see if Banchero gets to the next playmaking level.

If Orlando gets a DJ, D'Lo, etc that they've been linked too, I wonder if Suggs will become available? Maybe, as part of a 3-way deal to acquire said PG.

If only, his defense has been elite, just what we need. But no way they let him go.
I think Banchero, Franz, Suggs is they must keep core. Unless they can get a superstar for Suggs.
Everyone else would be available if they get something good back.

mo7888
05-04-2024, 09:44 AM
WCJ is fine for now. Their rebounding isn't great, but is on par with OKC if we look at regular season stats. These big lineups allowed them to outrebound Cleveland by 4.3 rebound per game.
Suggs has to start because he's an amazing defender, but you can't bench Franz or Banchero.

If only, his defense has been elite, just what we need. But no way they let him go.
I think Banchero, Franz, Suggs is they must keep core. Unless they can get a superstar for Suggs.

I'm not sure they move him either, but if they get one of the PG's they are linked with Suggs won't be as valuable as a 2G. They can certainly try it for a year, but it won't improve rhe team from where they currently are. I doubt Suggs would come off the bench, but maybe he will...

John B
05-04-2024, 11:11 AM
I miss Bud

I would hate the most if Bud gets to the Lakers, same way every time I see Chip with OKC.

But I think Clips and Lakers do a bidding war on Ty Lue.

lefty
05-04-2024, 06:03 PM
Dirk replacing Shaq on TNT today, major upgrade

LeBowen
05-04-2024, 06:32 PM
This is already must see TV for any basketball fan.

lefty
05-04-2024, 08:10 PM
This is already must see TV for any basketball fan.

yep

LeBowen
05-04-2024, 08:19 PM
Minnesota bending, but not breaking is more impressive than a blowout win, tbh.

Edwards looks like human version of MJ and Naz Reid is showing why I desperately wanted him as Wemby's partner.

Manu-of-steel
05-04-2024, 09:04 PM
Naz Reid is a killer, cold-blooded. We need someone like him. Spurs, pay the man!

timtonymanu
05-04-2024, 09:40 PM
Edwards is good. From the TPups to TWolves, tbh.

daslicer
05-04-2024, 10:39 PM
Edwards game 1 reminded me of Kobe's game 1 performance against the Spurs in '01 granted I think the Nuggets are still in much better shape than the Spurs were in '01. The nuggets may have to double team Edwards and dare Conley and McDaniels to beat them.

onechance87
05-04-2024, 11:06 PM
any players like edwards in this draft....maybe hollands to team up with wemby

TD 21
05-04-2024, 11:07 PM
Conley is too good (albeit reluctant) a shooter for that.

The Nuggets shouldn't overreact. Edwards is an erratic offensive player with middling efficiency, who is likely to regress any game now.

Granted, Caldwell-Pope probably doesn't have the strength and is banged up and Gordon probably doesn't have the lateral quicks and is needed on Towns/Reid.

Robz4000
05-05-2024, 03:34 AM
Thought the Nuggets would lose game 1 tbh. This is gonna be a long series imo, with the Nuggets winning in 7.

JPB
05-05-2024, 03:58 AM

Yup, teams just don't let their most valuable players go. Unless that's in a superstar trade, and still. (And that's the same for White in Boston).

itzsoweezee
05-05-2024, 10:27 AM
Edwards is about to be the best player in the league. Jordanesque game with a three point shot, and only, what, 23? This guy is unbelievable

LeBowen
05-05-2024, 10:52 AM
Edwards is about to be the best player in the league. Jordanesque game with a three point shot, and only, what, 23? This guy is unbelievable

He'll never be better than Wemby.
Kind of like how Kobe's flashiness was valued over Duncan's overall game. But Wemby will be flashy, so Edwards has no chance.
Anyhow, he'll be a parennial MVP candidate.
But he's yet to face elite wing defenders with size. OKC and Boston have those.
If Minnesota even eliminates Denver, that is.

I think their strategy is the right way. They have bodies to throw at Jokic, make him do everything and do it all game long. If he manages to single-handedly carry against their bigs, then you shake hands and try next year.

TD 21
05-05-2024, 11:09 AM

:lmao Jokic, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander are in another league from him and Wembanyama will be too.

The BSPN hype machine just can't handle the fact that they're all foreign and mostly bigs, so their narrative, which they telegraphed during the World Cup last summer, is brainwashing the masses into thinking their tried and true formula of the Jordan/Bryant archetype is better than he is.

Check his "catch-all" metrics, he's not even on track to be Bryant or Wade, neither of whom were ever the best player in the league.

They want their new "Captain America" to replace James/Curry/Durant and after trying out Tatum/Booker (not quite good, athletic or big enough personalities) and Williamson/Morant (off court transgressions made that kaput), they're onto him.

R. DeMurre
05-05-2024, 11:12 AM
Tim Connelly was relentlessly clowned on last year for the Gobert trade, so it's kind of cool to see his vision of an oversized defensively oriented team come to fruition... I hated what Utah did with Gobert, which was to essentially think of him as the entire defense and surround him with undersized guys. Regardless of what happens vs Denver, the Timberwolves have constructed a pretty great roster, and Ant & KAT haven't even peaked yet.

pad300
05-05-2024, 11:30 AM
Tim Connelly was relentlessly clowned on last year for the Gobert trade, so it's kind of cool to see his vision of an oversized defensively oriented team come to fruition... I hated what Utah did with Gobert, which was to essentially think of him as the entire defense and surround him with undersized guys. Regardless of what happens vs Denver, the Timberwolves have constructed a pretty great roster, and Ant & KAT haven't even peaked yet.

That is a lesson that we should learn from Utah. Put a piece of dogshit in the nicest cocktail in the world and it's garbage. Mix it right with good ingredients and it's world-beating. We shouldn't be saying Wemby can cover for a bad defensive player; we should be saying put good defensive players beside him and we'll be unbeatable...

itzsoweezee
05-05-2024, 11:41 AM
:lmao Jokic, Embiid, Antetokounmpo, Doncic and Gilgeous-Alexander are in another league from him and Wembanyama will be too.

The BSPN hype machine just can't handle the fact that they're all foreign and mostly bigs, so their narrative, which they telegraphed during the World Cup last summer, is brainwashing the masses into thinking their tried and true formula of the Jordan/Bryant archetype is better than he is.

Check his "catch-all" metrics, he's not even on track to be Bryant or Wade, neither of whom were ever the best player in the league.

They want their new "Captain America" to replace James/Curry/Durant and after trying out Tatum/Booker (not quite good, athletic or big enough personalities) and Williamson/Morant (off court transgressions made that kaput), they're onto him.

Chill out, it’s not that serious, guy. Edwards is not there yet, but he can be. You have to be dominant in the playoffs before you can be considered the best in the league, so wemby has a ways to go still. Regardless, I’m excited to see these young guys take over the playoffs and the league from the Lebron/durant/curry era.

Spurs Homer
05-05-2024, 11:53 AM

They mentioned on one of the broadcasts that before signing Gobert - the coach swore to him that if they acquired Gobert and they were in a playoffs series and the opponent went small - that the coach - would not go small under any circumstances.

Pop would go small and throw a series by playing to the opponents strengths - for certain.

MultiTroll
05-05-2024, 01:55 PM
Was kinda hoping Cleveland would screw this up so we'd have a shot at Mitchell joining Wama.
But Cleveland really turning it around in the 3rd.

Ignazzz
05-05-2024, 01:58 PM
So Garland on Trading błock soon

JPB
05-05-2024, 02:14 PM
That is a lesson that we should learn from Utah. Put a piece of dogshit in the nicest cocktail in the world and it's garbage. Mix it right with good ingredients and it's world-beating. We shouldn't be saying Wemby can cover for a bad defensive player; we should be saying put good defensive players beside him and we'll be unbeatable...

SA needs first playmaking and shooting more than defense. Wemby isn't Gobert and you do'nt want to make the spurs a defensive minded team, but a team who make the best of Vicor's's incredible offensive abilities, and then give him a playmaker who can shoot, pass and lob first (then add 3&D guys around). Spurs were already top of the league on defense with Wemby on the floor but still one of the worst team in the NBA, which tells you what they need most.

There would be nothing worse than making the spurs a MIN type of team...I don't believe that version of MIN, who added Gobert Gobert (who isn't always finishing close games) to notably cover KAT mediocre defense, will ever win anything.

TD 21
05-05-2024, 02:56 PM
Mobley takes a lot of flak nationally for stagnating, but like all the centers forced to masquerade as a power forward, he's so much better when he gets to play his natural position full time.

As good as Allen is, they need to trade him this off season.

Chill out, it’s not that serious, guy. Edwards is not there yet, but he can be. You have to be dominant in the playoffs before you can be considered the best in the league, so wemby has a ways to go still. Regardless, I’m excited to see these young guys take over the playoffs and the league from the Lebron/durant/curry era.

I am and it's called business. They think that's the easiest/best (and laziest) way to maximize profits, so that's what they're going to do and since most people can't think for themselves and don't know better anyway, they're going to lap it up.

Ariel
05-05-2024, 03:02 PM
In all honesty I thought the trade was horrendous at the time, still think value wise it was quite an overpay but their vision of Gobert as the missing piece to be a contender seems to be holding and if that's the case the return on those picks goes down the drain, so this must be sweet vindication for Connelly after all the flak he caught for the trade.

R. DeMurre
05-05-2024, 03:25 PM
In all honesty I thought the trade was horrendous at the time, still think value wise it was quite an overpay but their vision of Gobert as the missing piece to be a contender seems to be holding and if that's the case the return on those picks goes down the drain, so this must be sweet vindication for Connelly after all the flak he caught for the trade.

I thought it was an interesting experiment, but it has been more successful than I expected. It's such a great thing to look at though, because I think so many people tend to start throwing around platitudes that reflect whatever current NBA trends are popular or successful in the moment-- ideas like twin towers can't win in this era and such. My thought earlier in the year was that KAT actually wasn't shooting enough three pointers, and that if he had the attempts per game of a prime Klay-- with the benefit of Gobert rebounding misses-- that their offense could be even better.

Ariel
05-05-2024, 03:26 PM
Mobley takes a lot of flak nationally for stagnating, but like all the centers forced to masquerade as a power forward, he's so much better when he gets to play his natural position full time.

Mobley is up for a big extension, if he asks for a max and Allen can be extended for a much more reasonable number, I'd look into moving Mobley instead. Garland should be also moved for some solid wing. New Orleans would make for an interesting trade partner, as their strengths and weaknesses are complementary.

R. DeMurre
05-05-2024, 03:33 PM
I really think people are expecting too much of Banchero-- he was the popular flavor of the month in some ways before Anthony Edwards, but he still has a bunch of red flags-- mediocre shooting efficiency, mediocre rebounding, mediocre impact stats-- just as he had last year and in his one year at Duke. I think there's no question he's a good player, but if Orlando fans think he's going to be their Tim Duncan or KG, as opposed to their Derrick Coleman or Zach Randolph, I suspect they're going to be disappointed.

timtonymanu
05-05-2024, 03:38 PM
People were calling jimmy butler Jordan just last year and now they’re doing the same with Edwards. I like Edwards but it’s very flavor of the month nonsense.

TD 21
05-05-2024, 03:42 PM
Mobley is up for a big extension, if he asks for a max and Allen can be extended for a much more reasonable number, I'd look into moving Mobley instead. Garland should be also moved for some solid wing. New Orleans would make for an interesting trade partner, as their strengths and weaknesses are complementary.

I've thought about that and would consider it too if Mitchell stays, but I'd prefer to trade Allen if I were them because Mobley's ceiling is probably borderline All-NBA caliber, while Allen's is borderline All-Star caliber.

I've thought about that too. If Ingram isn't traded for Murray (Young?), then he probably will be for Garland (if Mitchell stays), of course with other pieces involved both ways.

itzsoweezee
05-05-2024, 04:54 PM
I really think people are expecting too much of Banchero-- he was the popular flavor of the month in some ways before Anthony Edwards, but he still has a bunch of red flags-- mediocre shooting efficiency, mediocre rebounding, mediocre impact stats-- just as he had last year and in his one year at Duke. I think there's no question he's a good player, but if Orlando fans think he's going to be their Tim Duncan or KG, as opposed to their Derrick Coleman or Zach Randolph, I suspect they're going to be disappointed.

This is just plain hate. Dude is 21 years old, led his team to a high seed, and would be in the second round right now if his running mate hadn’t shit the bed.

itzsoweezee
05-05-2024, 04:56 PM

I am and it's called business. They think that's the easiest/best (and laziest) way to maximize profits, so that's what they're going to do and since most people can't think for themselves and don't know better anyway, they're going to lap it up.

Ok conspiracy guy. Who in the senior home gave you access to the internet?

TD 21
05-05-2024, 05:12 PM
This is just plain hate. Dude is 21 years old, led his team to a high seed, and would be in the second round right now if his running mate hadn’t shit the bed.

The Magic's turnaround is similar to the Timberwolves one, in that it's primarily because of defense and depth (look into their team metrics for proof), but that's not a sexy story to sell to the masses.

Ok conspiracy guy. Who in the senior home gave you access to the internet?

I'm neither the former nor the latter, just someone with a brain and independent thought, who understands how the game within' the game works.

daslicer
05-05-2024, 05:53 PM

Agreed 100 percent it's very obvious the media and the league are desperate and is trying to make Edwards the new face of the league. They already going in full campaign mode for him. It's the same formula we have seen before since the early 90's when the league was in search of another Jordan and started hyping up a bunch of flashy athletic perimeter players in Harold Minor, and then shortly afterwards Penny, Grant Hill, Kobe. It's very predictable and annoying.

Edwards is an exciting young flashy player, but I would say he's not there yet when it comes to being the best player in the league. He hasn't proven himself yet to get that acclaim.

CGD
05-05-2024, 07:45 PM
So Garland on Trading błock soon

The best shot at this is if CLE makes the BOS series somewhat competitive. He may look around the league and think, of all the options, that CLE could be his best shot at winning. I still think he ends up in Miami somehow but we’ll see. I don’t think the Knicks want him.

R. DeMurre
05-06-2024, 02:12 AM

Geez, could you be more histrionic? Coleman and Randolph had very good careers, but they didn't have a Duncan-like impact. You think Paolo will have a Duncan-like impact in his career?

Ignazzz
05-06-2024, 02:29 AM
Meloesque

JPB
05-06-2024, 03:15 AM
The Magic's turnaround is similar to the Timberwolves one, in that it's primarily because of defense and depth (look into their team metrics for proof), but that's not a sexy story to sell to the masses.

I'm neither the former nor the latter, just someone with a brain and independent thought, who understands how the game within' the game works.

Yeah, contrary than the manipulated masses who can't think by themselves and are all manipulated...

That's playbook conspiracy rhetoric, there. Real smart people don't claim they're smarter than you (and the "masses").

Everyone knows how media and entertainment work, this isn't rocket science. Ofc You need stars, highlights and exciting stories to sell. Always been like that, always will. And that makes sense, they also talk about what people wanna hear of or read from, reason why the Lakers get so much coverage. They're certainly overreacting too easily today, in one way or another, and lack distance, but it's first of all a show and media are part of it, (You can also read a lot of interesting, deep, educated srories and articles on NBA media if you just make an effort to look for them).

TD 21
05-06-2024, 11:33 AM
Yeah, contrary than the manipulated masses who can't think by themselves and are all manipulated...

That's playbook conspiracy rhetoric, there. Real smart people don't claim they're smarter than you (and the "masses").

Everyone knows how media and entertainment work, this isn't rocket science. Ofc You need stars, highlights and exciting stories to sell. Always been like that, always will. And that makes sense, they also talk about what people wanna hear of or read from, reason why the Lakers get so much coverage. They're certainly overreacting too easily today, in one way or another, and lack distance, but it's first of all a show and media are part of it, (You can also read a lot of interesting, deep, educated srories and articles on NBA media if you just make an effort to look for them).

It's not like I essentially said as much here:

I never claimed I was smarter than anyone else, you insecure, inferiority complex types just take my knowledge of the NBA as such.

Apparently everyone doesn't know, which is why you get ludicrous comments like the one I initially responded to, where there's no credible argument to be made.

The coverage of this league is lazy (you can talk about what sells, but what about the role they had in creating that?) and more agenda driven than ever. That's not "conspiracy theory" talk; a lot of this is thinly veiled at best.

Mitch Cumsteen
05-06-2024, 01:05 PM

Jokic = 28
Embiid = 29
Giannis = 29
Doncic = 24
SGA = 25

Edwards is only 22. In five playoff games so far this year, he's put up 33, 15, 36, 40, and 43 points and his team hasn't lost yet. Maybe it's an aberration because Phoenix is terrible defensively and the Nuggets have some warts (and injuries) defensively as well, but it's not all hype with Edwards. He made Kevin Durant and Devin Booker look like role players in round one. He may go out crap down his leg the rest of the playoffs, but he's on a hell of a roll right now.

Beyond that, he's taken one of the most historically inept franchises in the league and given them actual belief that they can win. Rudy Gobert and Karl Anthony Townes are two of the most mentally weak playoff chokers that I've ever seen, and he's got them actually balling out in big games. Again, this may just be fool's gold and overreaction and hype, and maybe Denver goes on to choke them out the rest of this series, but this guy is doing some insane things on the basketball court right now.

JPB
05-06-2024, 02:23 PM
Edwards can really ball. Highly dynamic with amazing handles and speed. And still young. When he gets going, he's really hard to stop. This is his breakout year and he's gonna be a top superstar in this league.

TD 21
05-06-2024, 03:27 PM
Jokic = 28
Embiid = 29
Giannis = 29
Doncic = 24
SGA = 25

Edwards is only 22. In five playoff games so far this year, he's put up 33, 15, 36, 40, and 43 points and his team hasn't lost yet. Maybe it's an aberration because Phoenix is terrible defensively and the Nuggets have some warts (and injuries) defensively as well, but it's not all hype with Edwards. He made Kevin Durant and Devin Booker look like role players in round one. He may go out crap down his leg the rest of the playoffs, but he's on a hell of a roll right now.

Beyond that, he's taken one of the most historically inept franchises in the league and given them actual belief that they can win. Rudy Gobert and Karl Anthony Townes are two of the most mentally weak playoff chokers that I've ever seen, and he's got them actually balling out in big games. Again, this may just be fool's gold and overreaction and hype, and maybe Denver goes on to choke them out the rest of this series, but this guy is doing some insane things on the basketball court right now.

1) Overrated shouldn't be conflated with sucks or anything less than very good.

2) Other than Gilgeous-Alexander, by their 4th season or by 22 they were already MVP caliber players or clearly on that trajectory. Edwards performed at a fringe All-NBA caliber level this season.

3) If you look at most MVP caliber players throughout history, the same holds true by their 4th season or by 22.

4) Booker and Butler had unsustainable starts to the '23 playoffs and came crashing back down to earth towards the end and in the former's case the '24 playoffs. Murray (albeit banged up) is also seeing regression from his '20 and '23 playoff runs. It's called small sample size theatre.

5) Again, defense and depth have been their primary drivers unlike say the Nuggets, who are totally reliant on Jokic. This isn't opinion, it's statistically supported.

ace3g
05-06-2024, 09:29 PM
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/GM8Ui4RWAAE0B72?format=jpg&name=large

spurraider21
05-06-2024, 09:41 PM
not getting a tech here can only be explained by white privilege tbh :lol

baseline bum
05-06-2024, 09:59 PM
ROFL Minnesota's defense minus the DPOY dominating Denver. Can't believe he's going to win DPOY because he has way better teammates than Wemby.

BackHome
05-06-2024, 10:04 PM

That would be a great trade for both teams...

timtonymanu
05-06-2024, 10:07 PM
Nuggets facing the hardest opponent moreso than any they faced during their championship run.

lefty
05-06-2024, 10:46 PM
https://twitter.com/barryonhere/status/1787682798049849451

TD 21
05-06-2024, 10:49 PM
Remember, "you can't help who you play" and "all that matters is who wins", so the Nuggets' championship is as impressive is any.

The hot take crowd will be anointing the Edwards and the Timberwolves more than ever, but there isn't anything to be gleaned from this.

Their formula (which hasn't won anything yet) is not one the Spurs should follow, even if they go on to win the championship.

The biggest mistake people make is falling into the copycat trap.

objective
05-06-2024, 11:24 PM
Denver has traded away 3 future first round picks and are capped out.

They may not be toast going forward but it is hard to see how they can really improve their roster other than developing their current young players. Gordon, Murray, Porter Jr, kcp are who they are. They might even lose kcp in free agency

timtonymanu
05-06-2024, 11:31 PM
The nuggets earned their title. I’m not discrediting that but they literally played a 7th and 8th seed the last two rounds of their run. They got their wake up call. Unfortunately, Murray is hurt.

Jordan Jackson
05-07-2024, 12:02 AM
The Wolves were built to beat the Nuggets. Wolves GM knows where all of the Nuggets bones are buried.

With that said, I do not trust the Wolves. I’ll never trust a team with KAT on it. lol

MultiTroll
05-07-2024, 01:02 AM
Stern Jr. and Joe Dindunuffinmars gonna do discipline to Jamal Murray at all?
Throwing the heat pack on the court.

timtonymanu
05-07-2024, 01:26 AM
Stern Jr. and Joe Dindunuffinmars gonna do discipline to Jamal Murray at all?
Throwing the heat pack on the court.

Silver lets Draymond assault players without much repercussions. Why would that twink do anything now?

JPB
05-07-2024, 02:50 AM
Series is not over, lot of BB to play still.

daslicer
05-07-2024, 07:11 AM
Series is not over, lot of BB to play still.

Game 3 will be very interesting. Obviously if the Wolves win that game then it's officially over.

daslicer
05-07-2024, 07:54 AM
The nuggets earned their title. I’m not discrediting that but they literally played a 7th and 8th seed the last two rounds of their run. They got their wake up call. Unfortunately, Murray is hurt.

When healthy they are a good team. I felt after 2020 they were overdue to win at least 1 title and probably would have won earlier had Murray never tore his ACL. They ran into a buzz saw this year and also was unlucky with Murray's injury. Sometime health is not on your side during the playoffs but even if healthy I think the Wolves would still cause problems for them. Their front office also screwed up by not giving them help off the bench.

JPB
05-07-2024, 07:55 AM
Game 3 will be very interesting. Obviously if the Wolves win that game then it's officially over.

Yeah, MIN is on fuego these POs. What you want is make them doubt by stealing one in their home. Specially when you don't have a Zaza to put his foot under Ant's ankle.

CGD
05-07-2024, 08:26 AM
Still lots of games to go, but a BOS-MIN finals would be super interesting. I would LOVE to see Ant alpha-dog Tatum and Brown.

MultiTroll
05-07-2024, 08:29 AM
but but but Lebron sucks.

Mitch Cumsteen
05-07-2024, 09:48 AM
Remember, "you can't help who you play" and "all that matters is who wins", so the Nuggets' championship is as impressive is any.

The hot take crowd will be anointing the Edwards and the Timberwolves more than ever, but there isn't anything to be gleaned from this.

Their formula (which hasn't won anything yet) is not one the Spurs should follow, even if they go on to win the championship.

The biggest mistake people make is falling into the copycat trap.

What formula are you talking about? Putting a team of long, athletic defenders and three point shooters around a great shot blocker? That doesn't sound like a horrible idea for the Spurs. Ant isn't reproducible and I'm not sure Townes combo of size and shooting is either (Wemby will be better and more impactful than both), but I love the idea of the Spurs having several long, switchable, perimeter defenders and if you get past all that, then you have to deal with Victor on the back end. OKC is built that way as well to a certain extent.

TD 21
05-07-2024, 11:15 AM
What formula are you talking about? Putting a team of long, athletic defenders and three point shooters around a great shot blocker? That doesn't sound like a horrible idea for the Spurs. Ant isn't reproducible and I'm not sure Townes combo of size and shooting is either (Wemby will be better and more impactful than both), but I love the idea of the Spurs having several long, switchable, perimeter defenders and if you get past all that, then you have to deal with Victor on the back end. OKC is built that way as well to a certain extent.

The pretending you have to be built any specific way to win because of whatever is happening on the moment.

lefty
05-07-2024, 12:42 PM
I would LOVE to see Ant alpha-dog Tatum and Brown.

scott
05-07-2024, 01:26 PM
The Wolves reminding me a little of the 99 Spurs, getting hot at the right time and basically being unstoppable.

Ariel
05-07-2024, 01:51 PM
Naz Reid and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are also unrestricted free agents in '25. Bruce Brown too, if the price tag comes down from his ridiculous 22M+ he's making right now. Young vets with playoff experience would be important to put around Wemby.

R. DeMurre
05-07-2024, 02:02 PM
Between the approach of the Timberwolves and the emergence of Wemby, a whole bunch of future bigs in the NBA just lucked out, and will be getting paid in a big way.

Mitch Cumsteen
05-07-2024, 02:24 PM
Naz Reid and Nickeil Alexander-Walker are also unrestricted free agents in '25. Bruce Brown too, if the price tag comes down from his ridiculous 22M+ he's making right now. Young vets with playoff experience would be important to put around Wemby.

I think there's a better than zero chance that Toronto doesn't pick up the option on Bruce Brown and he becomes a free agent this summer. They tried to trade him at the deadline and got no takers. Maybe they hang onto him and try to dump him again at next year's deadline? Then again, they may need his contract to reach the floor next year with as much salary as they shed in the Anunoby and Siakam trades.

JPB
05-07-2024, 02:59 PM

These guys will want to get paid. Good POs is money and there will be suitors.

baseline bum
05-07-2024, 03:11 PM
The Wolves reminding me a little of the 99 Spurs, getting hot at the right time and basically being unstoppable.

IDK if you could just call it getting hot since they were practically unbeatable the last 36 games of the season, they were just perfectly built to win in that era. Then Stern changed the rules the next season turning Mario Elie from valuable starter to ten minute a game bench scrub overnight and Sean's kidney failure robbed them of the one guy who could have played defense on the perimeter with the new rules.

spurraider21
05-07-2024, 03:23 PM
Bruce Brown might be one of the more overrated players in the league at this point :lol... dude was a nice role player off the bench, and should be treated as such until further notice. NAW looks like he'd be good starter. Another one in the Danny Green/KCP lineage perhaps.

wolves have him dirt cheap too. paying him less than 4.5m next year

wolves arent letting naz reid go

Ariel
05-07-2024, 03:31 PM
Bruce Brown might be one of the more overrated players in the league at this point :lol... dude was a nice role player off the bench, and should be treated as such until further notice. NAW looks like he'd be good starter. Another one in the Danny Green/KCP lineage perhaps.

wolves have him dirt cheap too. paying him less than 4.5m next year

wolves arent letting naz reid go
Sure, which is why I highlighted the ridiculous price tag. Probably a bunch of them are bound to get overpaid (Hartenstein is another candidate here) but some of these teams already have ridiculous payrolls and better to pay one of them than Zach Collins I guess.

scott
05-07-2024, 04:41 PM

poopbox
05-07-2024, 04:51 PM
The Wolves were built to beat the Nuggets. Wolves GM knows where all of the Nuggets bones are buried.

With that said, I do not trust the Wolves. I’ll never trust a team with KAT on it. lol

He should...he buried them tbh :lol

I never saw Denver as a team who could repeat or a team who would compete for titles for lots of years though. Murray is to inconsistent and Jokic is to bad defensively for teams who have a lot of offense.

poopbox
05-07-2024, 04:53 PM

Are you willing to trade all your picks and go into the repeater tax to do it? Cause that's how The Wolves did it.

OKC has one more year and then their bill is going to come do as well.

spurs1990
05-07-2024, 08:28 PM
Derrick White in his last three playoff games:

G4 Mia - 38 pts , 8-15 3pt, 3 blocks
G5 Mia - 25 pts in only 29min, 5-10 3pt
G1 Cle - 25 pts, 7-12 3pt, 5 assists to zero turnovers

Wesley or Branham or whomever was the pick they got better turn out to be regular long-term contributor

heyheymymy
05-07-2024, 10:36 PM
OKC crowd in the playoff tshirt color stripes is giving me flashbacks to Vietnam

Ef-man
05-07-2024, 10:45 PM
Damn, it is raining 3s in OKC!

objective
05-07-2024, 11:03 PM
Derrick White in his last three playoff games:

G4 Mia - 38 pts , 8-15 3pt, 3 blocks
G5 Mia - 25 pts in only 29min, 5-10 3pt
G1 Cle - 25 pts, 7-12 3pt, 5 assists to zero turnovers

Wesley or Branham or whomever was the pick they got better turn out to be regular long-term contributor

It was Wesley, and he won't

heyheymymy
05-07-2024, 11:07 PM
DW was 20-36 from 3PT going into the 4th quarter tonight dating back to Gm 4 against MIA

Mitch Cumsteen
05-08-2024, 01:39 PM
Are you willing to trade all your picks and go into the repeater tax to do it? Cause that's how The Wolves did it.

OKC has one more year and then their bill is going to come do as well.

I don't think the Spurs need to go there, and I certainly don't want them to go there. There's a decent argument to be made that the Wolves would have been better off not making the Gobert trade, despite what their recent success looks like. They just played their best game, and best defensive game in about 20 years with the DPOY sitting at home. I don't attribute their success to Rudy and that trade nearly as much as I do the emergence of Edwards and the under the radar moves they made to get McDaniels, Conley, Alexander Walker and the emergence of Reid.

And speaking of OKC, everybody talks about their draft success with high picks, but they get ridiculous production from guys they pulled off the scrap heap like Isiah Joe and Lu Dort, or later in the draft like Aaron Wiggins (#55 pick) or Jaylin Williams (#34).

That's the formula I'd prefer to see the Spurs follow and they're for sure trying to do it, but it's slow going with the young prospects --- Branham, Wesley, Barlow, Cissoko, Champagnie, Bassey. Do we have any faith that any of them will ever be as good as Isiah Joe? Or Naz Reid? It's tough to be patient with those guys when Victor is on a rocket ship trajectory.

JPB
05-08-2024, 02:18 PM
There's a decent argument to be made that the Wolves would have been better off not making the Gobert trade, despite what their recent success looks like. They just played their best game, and best defensive game in about 20 years with the DPOY sitting at home. I don't attribute their success to Rudy and that trade nearly as much as I do the emergence of Edwards and the under the radar moves they made to get McDaniels, Conley, Alexander Walker and the emergence of Reid.

That's a very interesting take, and one that indeed would require to go beyond the frist conclusion that current success is directly linked to the trade, specially that they don't always put Gobert on the floor in the clutch.

We can't rewrite history and you could also argue Rudy helped this team get more confident and embrace defense beyond his inidividual performances, but it's hard not to imagine the possibilties and flexibility MIN would have with the current roster minus Rudy but plus all the draft capital they lost for him and that corresponds to a star/superstar or a couple elite role players.

ginobilized
05-08-2024, 04:22 PM
Watching OKC and Minnesota shows that a team loaded with crafty veterans is not the only model for playoff success.
Length, switchability and speed seem to winning so far this year. The younger teams are running older players off the court. Gobert and old man Conley being exceptions.

This bodes well for the Spurs, but, will take a couple of seasons to rebuild.

This might be an overreaction, but, I believe that OKC will be our nemesis for a decade. Minny for at least 5 yrs. Mavs, Pelicans, Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets will be a task to overcome for a few seasons, too.

skin27
05-08-2024, 04:41 PM
Watching OKC and Minnesota shows that a team loaded with crafty veterans is not the only model for playoff success.
Length, switchability and speed seem to winning so far this year. The younger teams are running older players off the court. Gobert and old man Conley being exceptions.

This bodes well for the Spurs, but, will take a couple of seasons to rebuild.

This might be an overreaction, but, I believe that OKC will be our nemesis for a decade. Minny for at least 5 yrs. Mavs, Pelicans, Clippers, Grizzlies and Rockets will be a task to overcome for a few seasons, too.

Dont count out the lakers

RC_Drunkford
05-08-2024, 05:19 PM
Wolves vs. Celtics will be the finals

skin27
05-08-2024, 05:38 PM
Wolves vs. Celtics will be the finals

Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.

spurs1990
05-08-2024, 05:50 PM
Probably.. and if the wolves win media are going to talk about edwards as the face of the nba instead of wemby.

If Edwards takes them that far he would deserve that easily. But that's a long ways away. Nikola Jokic is not going out without a huge fight

skin27
05-08-2024, 07:28 PM
If Edwards takes them that far he would deserve that easily. But that's a long ways away. Nikola Jokic is not going out without a huge fight

No, even if edwards win a title this year he is still far away to be the face of the nba..wembanyama is the only player that can take that spot after lebron.

timtonymanu
05-08-2024, 08:01 PM
All I can say it's nice seeing the West not be dominated by California teams.

Denver, Minny, and even OKC getting their time to shine :tu

LeBowen
05-08-2024, 08:47 PM
Knicks getting Thibs'd, they won't have any players left soon.

MultiTroll
05-08-2024, 09:02 PM
Is touching Brunsons Pampers a foul?

heyheymymy
05-08-2024, 09:17 PM
I guess I thought Ben Sheppard was a perplexing pick at #26 at the time but he's played well for IND and in a redraft he might not have too many guys pulling ahead of him

Pretty tight big 3 of Hali/Siakam/Tuner to still have Nembhard Nesmith and Toppin in depth I like what Pacers have done

CGD
05-08-2024, 09:18 PM
I love this Knicks team. So much heart, like a boxer who pulls out the slugfest. And there is nothing better than MSG rocking.

MultiTroll
05-08-2024, 09:23 PM
Nembhard
Weak, lazy D. Moves, or rather doesn't move his feet.
Don't like it at all.
If you tell me he's playing with a bad injury then understood.

I like the rest of them tho, agree.

MultiTroll
05-08-2024, 09:26 PM
Indy seriously needs to learn how to box out when shot is in air.

Getting raped on giving up defensive rebounds.

skin27
05-08-2024, 09:27 PM
Brunson

heyheymymy
05-08-2024, 09:28 PM
yeah I was thinking the same thing MSG was rocking these first 2 games