PDA

View Full Version : Question: Section 110 at SBC

rl64tx
12-05-2005, 11:34 PM
Section 110 at the SBC center...are those decent seats??? I hope so..cuz i just scored one for the Heat game! I paid 40 bucs. :smokin

timvp
12-05-2005, 11:37 PM
Those are awesome seats. I would have thought the cheapest seats in that section would be $60.

--Kori

Old School Chic
12-05-2005, 11:38 PM
Yep, they are good seats! :spin

rl64tx
12-05-2005, 11:40 PM
well according to spurs.com they are $72 dollar tix but i got it for 44.75 on ebay... sect 110 row 22...it was a single ticket so i guess not a lot of people lookin for a single ticket!! :smokin

Solid D
12-05-2005, 11:46 PM
http://www.nba.com/spurs/tickets/arena.html

http://www.nba.com/media/spurs/seatingmap_0506.jpg

Trainwreck2100
12-05-2005, 11:47 PM
I'm sitting in 209

rl64tx
12-05-2005, 11:48 PM
thanks solid d! guess i did OK!! :smokin...guess i could hit Shaq with a beer from there!!lol!!

ShoogarBear
12-05-2005, 11:52 PM
My dad's tix are Section 105, row 30, the mirror image of your seats on the other side. Row 22 may even be in the lower section. Those are great seats.

rl64tx
12-05-2005, 11:54 PM
another question...just got my tix via ticket fast.... they say sect 110 row 22 and seat number... but also has L-type what does L-type mean?? Anyways...thanks for the help!! Guess i did ok.. ticket price was total of 92.35! Are y'all gonna meet up there??

tlongII
12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
another question...just got my tix via ticket fast.... they say sect 110 row 22 and seat number... but also has L-type what does L-type mean?? Anyways...thanks for the help!! Guess i did ok.. ticket price was total of 92.35! Are y'all gonna meet up there??

L-type means it has an obstructed view. The Spurs wanted to create some similarities to the Hemisfair Arena when they built the SBC Center. There's probably a post right in front of you or something.

rl64tx
12-06-2005, 12:07 AM
Hey...if anyone else is lookin for a single seat this seller has more for sell in the same section.. he has good feedback and quick shipping via ticket fast..anyways his ebay id is drhope12

ShoogarBear
12-06-2005, 12:12 AM
In the Rose Garden "L-type" means you'll have a good view of a Loss.

leemajors
12-06-2005, 12:20 AM
i sat up in the nosebleeds last time i went to the sbc. i still had a great view, but those stairs are downright scary.

tlongII
12-06-2005, 12:25 AM
In the Rose Garden "L-type" means you'll have a good view of a Loss.

Sad but true.

Despot
12-06-2005, 01:12 AM
i sat up in the nosebleeds last time i went to the sbc. i still had a great view, but those stairs are downright scary.

My first game in SBC was game 1 of the Finals....upper deck. I still have nightmares about those steps (not kidding). they really shouldn't sell beer to everyone up there, hard enough for me to walk up there sober.

It was extremely nervewracking when I would involuntarily jump up. I will NEVER sit in the upper deck again.....Hard to believe noone has ever taken an accidental dive off of there.

strangeweather
12-06-2005, 01:35 AM
My first game in SBC was game 1 of the Finals....upper deck. I still have nightmares about those steps (not kidding). they really shouldn't sell beer to everyone up there, hard enough for me to walk up there sober.

It was extremely nervewracking when I would involuntarily jump up. I will NEVER sit in the upper deck again.....Hard to believe noone has ever taken an accidental dive off of there.

The stairs are a bit daunting, but I can't afford lower level seats, and the view from the upper deck is far better than it has any right to be.

I've been in the very back row up in the corner before, and I still loved it.

Edited to add: Of course, I live a thousand miles away, so any game I get to go to in person is a special treat anyway.

DesiSpur_21
12-06-2005, 01:54 AM

Can't believe no one has complained or Spurs have tried to make it 'feel safe' for fans.

tlongII
12-06-2005, 01:56 AM
Can't believe no one has complained or Spurs have tried to make it 'feel safe' for fans.

I agree. The Spurs are a terrible organization. They have no empathy for the common fan.

T Park
12-06-2005, 02:02 AM

If your serious, theres nothing they can really do about the stairs.

Its the way arenas are made, steep, thats why the sightlines are so great.

If you dont want steep, youve got sightlines like the AlamoDome.

ugh.....

Although, i was only 10 rows behind the Spurs bench in the dome.

Damn I miss those seats... :depressed

DesiSpur_21
12-06-2005, 02:20 AM
If your serious, theres nothing they can really do about the stairs.

Its the way arenas are made, steep, thats why the sightlines are so great.

If you dont want steep, youve got sightlines like the AlamoDome.

ugh.....

Although, i was only 10 rows behind the Spurs bench in the dome.

Damn I miss those seats... :depressed

Steep is fine - But the seats closer to exits need a bit more safety thing added.

T Park
12-06-2005, 02:33 AM
a bit more safety thing?

Whats a bit more safety thing?

Bloodline666
12-06-2005, 03:16 AM
Those are good seats.

I sat in Section 225, Row 9, Seat 13 at the season opener vs. the Nuggets, and Section 115, Row 34, Seat 11 at the game vs. the 76ers. If I'm not mistaken, it's one of those sections right next to the tunnel leading to the VISITORS locker room. If you noticed someone with a Spurs logo tattoo on his upper-right arm, wearing a Manu Ginobili jersey, that was me.

Those are the only two Spurs games I've been to so far, and I plan to go to more (be on the lookout for a guy in a Spurs logo tattoo on his upper-right arm, wearing a Manu road jersey)

Vashner
12-06-2005, 04:09 AM
The whole SBC are good seats..

Try sitting at the top of the alamo dome to watch a spurs game with 36,000 people..

You'll never complain about a 19,000 seater again...

pache100
12-06-2005, 09:58 AM

They did actually make some changes to the seating in the upper decks after the first season in the SBC Center. It was worse that year than it is now, there was absolutely NO ROOM for your feet (I wear a size 6 ladies, and I could not put my foot down flat in front of the seat - it must have been awful for people with larger feet). They pulled the seat backs up a little straighter and inserted that little metal rail to give a little more foot room. I still feel like I'm gonna take a header to the floor when I stand up up there (the whole configuration makes you feel like you are leaning forward all the time when standing), but it's much better than it was. That couple or three inches made a lot of difference. But, I gotta tell you, it's the same at most of the newer arenas. I've been to the AA Center in Dallas, and it's not any better there in the upper decks, not a smidgen more room. Most of the newer arenas appear, at least to me, to be about the same seating configuration and amount of space per seat. As for the stairs, I don't see what they could do to improve them. They aren't really so steep, it's just that the steps are not very deep, so you don't have a lot of room on any given step for your foot. But, if you take your time and step carefully, it's not so bad.

silverandblackreign
12-06-2005, 10:12 AM
You should check out the sightlines from Sec. 8, Row 4...there pretty nice.

Anybody that has never been close to the game needs to spring the cash for those tickets at some point in your life. It's a whole different ballgame.

Trainwreck2100
12-06-2005, 10:31 AM
The whole SBC are good seats..

Try sitting at the top of the alamo dome to watch a spurs game with 36,000 people..

You'll never complain about a 19,000 seater again...

That's bs, crappy vision or not at least you could get tickets for $5

pache100
12-06-2005, 10:47 AM

I never had any complaints about the vision in the 'Dome, either. I went to numerous Spurs games there, and I don't even know how many concerts (too many to try to count). I sat on the very top row to see Elton John and Billy Joel. It was an excellent seat, with binoculars I could see the stage perfectly (actually, the view was pretty decent even without the binocs, they just brought out more detail).

The only complaint I would have about the Alamodome is the sound is very bad. I only saw two concerts there where the sound was outstanding, and they were Elton John and Garth Brooks. Both of them are able to afford the sound equipment to play that type and size building. I enjoyed other concerts I attended there, even though the acoustics were bad, because I knew what the music was supposed to sound like.

As far as the view, though, there aren't any bad seats in either building, IMO.

Old School Chic
12-06-2005, 11:19 AM
You may submit your complaints to Guest Services Department at the SBC Center.

strangeweather
12-06-2005, 11:40 AM
You should check out the sightlines from Sec. 8, Row 4...there pretty nice.

Anybody that has never been close to the game needs to spring the cash for those tickets at some point in your life. It's a whole different ballgame.

Yeah, when I was in college, I used to get seats like that for the basketball games. I definitely miss being that close to the action.

But the worst seat in the house beats the heck out of my TV. :)

Kori Ellis
12-06-2005, 01:35 PM

You can get $9 tickets at the SBC Center. That's not that much more than $5.

rl64tx
12-06-2005, 01:52 PM
Thanks for all the help!! I called the SBC Center and inquired as to what an "L-Type" seat was and the gentleman told me that the section is broke up due to the visitors tunnel and the seats in Sec 110 are NOT obstructed..he said if the seats are obstructed they would say "partial view" on them!! :smokin