PDA

View Full Version : Amateur: TNT lost the TV deal per Simmons; NBC gets it back

baseline bum
05-13-2024, 05:01 PM
Bill Simmons says it's over at the 1:46:20 mark in the latest episode of his podcast:

https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast/the-undertaker-nuggets-the-knicks-on-fumes-okcs/id1043699613?i=1000655377215

baseline bum
05-13-2024, 05:09 PM
Then TNT posts this today

MultiTroll
05-13-2024, 05:12 PM
I've long tired of Chucks bloviating and Kennys stupid assed takes.

Any talk of who will anchor at NBC?

MultiTroll
05-13-2024, 05:13 PM
https://youtu.be/ES8TTNLmmPs

Ef-man
05-13-2024, 08:10 PM
No Reggie Miller, hell yes!

lefty
05-13-2024, 08:20 PM

yeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah

baseline bum
05-13-2024, 08:48 PM

Offset by bringing back Bob Costas, Tom Hammond, etc

Robz4000
05-13-2024, 08:51 PM
Really hope they keep Inside the NBA going tbh. Don't need any games, just change it up a bit.

Thread
05-13-2024, 08:52 PM
It was always the NBC lasers, forever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooitEU6AtE

baseline bum
05-13-2024, 09:17 PM
Really hope they keep Inside the NBA going tbh. Don't need any games, just change it up a bit.

Won't happen, Ernie Johnson is staying at Turner.

Robz4000
05-13-2024, 09:27 PM
Won't happen, Ernie Johnson is staying at Turner.

I'm saying keep it on TNT. They lost the ability to broadcast games but can still have the show itself. Just have it be a weekly highlight show and cover stories from across the league.

Thread
05-14-2024, 01:34 PM
I'm saying keep it on TNT. They lost the ability to broadcast games but can still have the show itself. Just have it be a weekly highlight show and cover stories from across the league.

They'd be humiliated doing that, Rob. Use your head for something other than a hat rack.

Robz4000
05-14-2024, 02:12 PM
They'd be humiliated doing that, Rob. Use your head for something other than a hat rack.

:lol they'd get more viewers than the actual game most nights. I'd say it'd be more humiliating for NBC/ESPN tbh.

Tyronn Lue
05-14-2024, 04:05 PM
Charles Barkley has agreed to a 10-year deal (https://nypost.com/2022/10/12/charles-barkleys-turner-role-expanding-beyond-nba-with-new-contract/) with TNT that is expected to be well into nine figures, The Post has learned.

lefty
05-14-2024, 05:43 PM
Charles Barkley has agreed to a 10-year deal (https://nypost.com/2022/10/12/charles-barkleys-turner-role-expanding-beyond-nba-with-new-contract/) with TNT that is expected to be well into nine figures, The Post has learned.

Do these contracts have clauses that allow them to leave if the tv deal is lost?

Tyronn Lue
05-14-2024, 07:57 PM
Do these contracts have clauses that allow them to leave if the tv deal is lost?
Barkley had negotiations in attempts to secure a free agency clause in the event TNT lost the NBA contract. I don't know if he secured it, but he seems to think NBC could pick him up so he must have covered his ass.

lefty
05-14-2024, 08:14 PM
Barkley had negotiations in attempts to secure a free agency clause in the event TNT lost the NBA contract. I don't know if he secured it, but he seems to think NBC could pick him up so he must have covered his ass.

:tu

FrostKing
05-15-2024, 06:44 AM
Walked out as groomsman 1 time to NBA on NBC theme. Then proceeded to smash my speech. Coincidence?

TDMVPDPOY
05-15-2024, 07:05 AM
DONT WANT the tnt crew on any nbc...fck them clowns are shit at what they do

hence those other former ballers with podcasts or YT, hopefully they dont get a gig on nbc, like that pos arenas

lefty
05-15-2024, 07:28 AM
DONT WANT the tnt crew on any nbc...fck them clowns are shit at what they do

hence those other former ballers with podcasts or YT, hopefully they dont get a gig on nbc, like that pos arenas

:lol they are entertaining but when it comes to actual analysis ….yeah they suck

Candace Parker, Dray and Crawford make Shaw, Chuck and Kenny look like clowns

Obstructed_View
05-16-2024, 01:25 AM
Walked out as groomsman 1 time to NBA on NBC theme. Then proceeded to smash my speech. Coincidence?
Roundball Rock is the single, shining, redeeming factor in support of the very existence of John Tesh.

Pero
05-16-2024, 08:52 AM

Yeah I read that he did and that he said he'll be leaving because he wants to cover the NBA.

MultiTroll
05-16-2024, 09:34 AM
Barkley butt hurt because Malones method of having media clips dissing the Nuggets played over and over to his team seems to have worked very well.

Texas_Ranger
05-16-2024, 09:35 AM
It was always the NBC lasers, forever...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UooitEU6AtE

just this song is better than the whole Inside the NBA... Id rather listen to it for 10 minutes straight, than to what Shaq has to say.

Thread
05-16-2024, 09:50 AM
just this song is better than the whole Inside the NBA... Id rather listen to it for 10 minutes straight, than to what Shaq has to say.

Ain't it the truth!

Tyronn Lue
05-16-2024, 10:42 AM
I don't care who broadcasts the game. I usually mute the halftime shows anyhow on a side window.

Thread
05-16-2024, 12:13 PM
I don't care who broadcasts the game. I usually mute the halftime shows anyhow on a side window.

...it's true, he's had me over.

lefty
05-16-2024, 01:27 PM
Who the fuck watches that anyway, if you watch the game you have a pretty good idea of what happened, those HT and post game shows just go over what we already know

Tyronn Lue
05-16-2024, 06:20 PM
...it's true, he's had me bent over.
corrected

Seventyniner
05-17-2024, 04:01 PM

It's even better with the lyrics included.

r-uSWAJd9GE

Bill_Brasky
05-18-2024, 03:33 AM
https://i.ibb.co/CsR6Hv4/5qrpuucsbbtc1.jpg

Roundball Rock is overrated

lebomb
05-18-2024, 10:31 AM
The ONLY reason I watch NBA halftime is because of the TNT cast. They make it fun and enjoyable, while also giving good game analysis. NBC and ESPN suck at halftimes. They are sooooooooooooooooo boring.
Now I will mute that shiznit, or better yet take my go take a massive shiznit while the game is at the half. :pimpslap

lebomb
05-18-2024, 10:43 AM
:lol they are entertaining but when it comes to actual analysis ….yeah they suck

Candace Parker, Dray and Crawford make Shaw, Chuck and Kenny look like clowns

Them boring arse no personality morons? Are you serious? They cant hold Chucks nutsack let alone Ernie, Kenny, and Shaq being involved. Get that fawk outta here with that bullshiznit.

There is a reason why Inside the NBA has won multiple Emmys. No other broadcast team comes close. Its a proven fact. If you don't like the show you are definitely in the minority. :claw

baseline bum
05-18-2024, 03:18 PM
The ONLY reason I watch NBA halftime is because of the TNT cast. They make it fun and enjoyable, while also giving good game analysis. NBC and ESPN suck at halftimes. They are sooooooooooooooooo boring.
Now I will mute that shiznit, or better yet take my go take a massive shiznit while the game is at the half. :pimpslap

I usually save the long shit for when Zollins checks in for Victor at the 6:00 mark of the first quarter since that's what the Spurs are going to do after that sub too 90% of the time.

Thread
05-18-2024, 06:16 PM
Them boring arse no personality morons? Are you serious? They cant hold Chucks nutsack let alone Ernie, Kenny, and Shaq being involved. Get that fawk outta here with that bullshiznit.

There is a reason why Inside the NBA has won multiple Emmys. No other broadcast team comes close. Its a proven fact. If you don't like the show you are definitely in the minority. :claw

The best part(s) are when Barkley has to be reminded that he has nary ring. It used to be funny years ago, now? It's sad and unwatchable.

He was duly warned as Shaq was. Daddy finally got with the program. Otherwise, they'd a ate him alive.

lefty
05-18-2024, 08:13 PM

did you not understand my post, Borja?

lebomb
05-18-2024, 08:15 PM
did you not understand my post, Borja?

Every single uncorrect word of it. Those morons do not know half as much as the TNT crew. They are also BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

lefty
05-18-2024, 08:47 PM
Every single uncorrect word of it. Those morons do not know half as much as the TNT crew. They are also BOOOOOOOOOOORING.

the TNT crew is entertaining obviously, but their analysis is borderline barbershop talk

lebomb
05-19-2024, 09:22 AM
the TNT crew is entertaining obviously, but their analysis is borderline barbershop talk

Their commentary and analysis has added humor for sure, but its not incorrect. If you want dry NBA game analysis that is boring as watching dead weeds grow, then you will be happy with NBC and ESPN for sure.
Personally I'm going to miss these guys. They made halftime fun and watchable IMHO.

:toast

FrostKing
05-19-2024, 10:26 AM
https://youtu.be/XKOkNZ4Yzto?si=HHFFjc83kCLJ69aw

Crowd in a frenzy during warmups

lefty
05-19-2024, 11:45 AM
Their commentary and analysis has added humor for sure, but its not incorrect. If you want dry NBA game analysis that is boring as watching dead weeds grow, then you will be happy with NBC and ESPN for sure.
Personally I'm going to miss these guys. They made halftime fun and watchable IMHO.

:toast

I definitely take TNT creW over ESPN any day of the week

lebomb
05-19-2024, 06:44 PM

:toast:bobo:danceclub

Spurminator
05-20-2024, 10:17 AM
Hopefully NBC or ESPN brings Kevin Harlan on. I think NBC can probably put together a decent studio team on their own without poaching from Inside the NBA, but hopefully ESPN will offer Chuck/Kenny/Shaq the entire coffer.

Thread
05-20-2024, 05:33 PM
Hopefully NBC or ESPN brings Kevin Harlan on. I think NBC can probably put together a decent studio team on their own without poaching from Inside the NBA, but hopefully ESPN will offer Chuck/Kenny/Shaq the entire coffer.

Didn't Harlan have a [fine call] during a game, Spurm?

Bob Neal used to have that call when Nowitski would hit a 3...

"Nowitski for 3,,,,,,Auctung baby, auctung!!!"

baseline bum
05-21-2024, 09:35 AM
The best part(s) are when Barkley has to be reminded that he has nary ring. It used to be funny years ago, now? It's sad and unwatchable.

He was duly warned as Shaq was. Daddy finally got with the program. Otherwise, they'd a ate him alive.

You're sad he's part of your 0'fer legacy in Phoenix?

baseline bum
05-21-2024, 09:42 AM

TNT studio show is far superior, but for play by play now that Mark Jackson is gone give me ESPN if it's Breen calling the game.

baseline bum
05-21-2024, 09:42 AM
Hopefully NBC or ESPN brings Kevin Harlan on.

And doesn't bring Reggie Miller on

Thread
05-21-2024, 09:43 AM
You're sad he's part of your 0'fer legacy in Phoenix?

He couldn't get to it there in '93. Tried to buddy up with Jordan at the first instead of fighting him tooth & nail, then at the last he was gonna be the hero, went for the steal on that inbounds initiating that domino fall that culminated with Paxson standing all alone.

It's right on the YouTube. But nobody will acknowledge that because they wanted & still want Barkley preserved for posterity, for some damn reason. But you weren't &&& aren't gonna talk 'em out of it.

lefty
05-21-2024, 10:06 AM
And doesn't bring Reggie Miller on
Agreed

But Boris Durke talks way too much , let Breen call the game FFS
Reddick has better timing