PDA

View Full Version : What's the longest you've ever gone without a shower?

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:22 PM
5 days back in 1999 for me. It's a glorious feeling when you take that first shower. Gloooorious.

midgetonadonkey
12-06-2005, 01:24 PM
I've gone 3 days when I was in the hospital with food poisoning. Even when I was a kid I liked being clean.

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:25 PM
I've gone 3 days when I was in the hospital with food poisoning. Even when I was a kid I liked being clean.

Those little warm towels they give you to clean yourself at the shower make sense.

ObiwanGinobili
6 days.
i was in the hospitol for 4 and the shower in my room was broken.....and it'd been 2 days that I'd gone wihtout beofre I got there.

and your right.
that 1st shower is heaven. i swear I could almost hear Julie Andrews..... "the hills are aliiiiive with the sound of muuuusic!"

CharlieMac
They should sell those at CVS or at the racist HEB.

Solid D
12-06-2005, 01:29 PM
I've encountered someone who seemed like they were going for the record and were trying to cover it up with Old Spice.

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:30 PM
I hate when people from Mexico come into town to shop around the holidays and for Easter. Those rich Mexican people load up on the perfume and colgne.

TOP-CHERRY
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
You stinky people.

:)

Solid D
12-06-2005, 01:36 PM
One time at band camp.....

Jekka
12-06-2005, 01:38 PM
When I was on a service project on a reservation in Wyoming a few years ago we only had access to showers once a week for the first two I was there ... the girls learned to braid our hair right after getting out of the shower to make the clean last. It was pretty gross.

pache100
12-06-2005, 01:40 PM
Three days once when I was camping in northern Colorado. Did you know you can take a sponge bath and wash your hair in a gallon of water? And did you know that the fastest way to heat water when camping is in soda or beer cans? You can fill them up and set them right over the fire. The aluminum is so thin it heats right up. And the top gives you control when pouring over your head or into a basin. But that kind of bath is nothing like a shower!

We were tent camping. The first hot shower we found up there after three days was at a cabin campground near Taylor Lake that offered showers (with a big old soft warm towel!) for $5.00. It was sooo worth it, and the water smelled like pine needles.

Now, when I go camping, I don't stay anywhere if they don't have hot showers and flush toilets. There are some really nice private (not state or national parks - they almost all have chemical or outhouse toilets and NO showers) campgrounds in Colorado that have both hot showers and flush toilets.

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:43 PM
At woodstock i was pushed into the mud/shit pits outside the port-o-potties on the last day, and then, and only then did I shower. Okay, I rinsed off.

SpursWoman
12-06-2005, 01:44 PM
Now, when I go camping, I don't stay anywhere if they don't have hot showers and flush toilets.

I don't go anywhere but Inks Lake anymore for that very reason....they even have cabins with electricity. :tu :lol

I don't think I've ever gone more than 2 days without a bath or shower ... most days it's 2 in one day.

:fro

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 01:46 PM
Gotta have toilets. That's my new rule.

desflood
12-06-2005, 01:54 PM
In basic training we got one shower a week. So, that would be six or seven days.

MiNuS
12-06-2005, 01:56 PM
I can't go 8 hours w/o a bath.1 day w/o diet coke.4 hours w/o fueling myself.6 days w/o cutting my nails.

what a thread! Let me start MiNuS's random thoughts why not!

pache100
12-06-2005, 02:04 PM
I don't go anywhere but Inks Lake anymore for that very reason....they even have cabins with electricity. :tu :lol

I don't think I've ever gone more than 2 days without a bath or shower ... most days it's 2 in one day.

:fro

Have you ever been to Lake Belton? It's a little closer and they have several great campgrounds. At the Cedar Ridge Park, they have some shelters that are pretty nice that have electricity and running water. They have screens on all sides, but they have oil-cloth (waterproof) shades that you can pull down. And ceiling fans! And a picnic table inside the shelter, fire ring/picnic table/lantern post outside. They used to have two cots in each shelter, but I think the last time we went, they had done away with those. We have our own cots w/inflatable mattress on a frame anyway, so we didn't use their cots. Belton is really nice and clean. Lots of RVs, but they have tent sites, too. When we stay at Live Oak Ridge Park, we use the tent. But if the weather is supposed to turn bad, we go to Cedar Ridge and stay in a shelter. I actually like it better than Inks Lake (the showers and restrooms are nicer), but I think Inks may be better for kids because they have playgrounds.

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/tx/cedr/newindex.html

http://www.reserveusa.com/jsp/commonpage.jsp?goto=/nrrs/tx/live/newindex.html

Edit: Maybe Belton is not closer, now that I think about it. It is very nice, though. It's closer to stores and such and that's very important when you forget the marshmallows! (both Belton and Temple are very close, but you get the feel of being out in the sticks).

CharlieMac
12-06-2005, 02:06 PM
In basic training we got one shower a week. So, that would be six or seven days.

You win.

desflood
12-06-2005, 02:08 PM
So far...

Useruser666
12-06-2005, 02:14 PM
Ever come across someone who smells like shampoo and ass?

SpursWoman
12-06-2005, 02:15 PM
WTF?? :lmao

lilmads
12-06-2005, 02:35 PM
I work at my parents store.. and the island I live on is half French.. and these French people usually come in once in a few days.. and DAMN... let me tell you.. they reekkkk... I can't even help them out because I have to walk outta the store because it's sooooooooooooooo disgusting... On top of that they wear these tank tops n stuff and don't do anything about the hair under their arms... It's totally EWWW!!!:(

pache100
12-06-2005, 02:38 PM
I work at my parents store.. and the island I live on is half French.. and these French people usually come in once in a few days.. and DAMN... let me tell you.. they reekkkk... I can't even help them out because I have to walk outta the store because it's sooooooooooooooo disgusting... On top of that they wear these tank tops n stuff and don't do anything about the hair under their arms... It's totally EWWW!!!:(

People in Germany are like that, too. And, it's sooo weird, because they keep their houses and shops and streets and yards sooo clean. It's just strange that so many of them do not bathe daily, or if they do, they don't use deodorant. And a lot of the women don't shave their armpits or legs, either, especially the older ones.

gay abc
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
Ever come across someone who smells like shampoo and ass?

all the time :lol

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2005, 03:04 PM
2 weeks...on a horseback camping/hunting trip in British Columbia. We were 60+ miles from the closest road/building.

batman2883
12-06-2005, 03:27 PM
like 2 days

jcrod
12-06-2005, 03:49 PM
:lol

SpursWoman
12-06-2005, 03:51 PM

D'oh! :lmao

Summers
12-06-2005, 03:57 PM

My husband has a really funny story about being on leave and travelling up to Montreal or something. He grabbed a sandwich for lunch and was sitting on some steps eating. There was a bum kind of close by with terrible body odor. Well, the bum got up and left. turns out the horrible odor was coming from the group of French tourists nearby. You'd think people who are such snobs in general would be more hygienic, wouldn't you?

2Blonde
12-06-2005, 03:59 PM
5 days for me. Several different times in the hospital while recovering from abdominal surgeries. I couldn't wait to get out of bed and into a shower.

David Bowie
12-06-2005, 04:09 PM
2 days in camp. Wehre you had to stand in a line outside and it always got really cold.

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2005, 04:47 PM
5 days for me. Several different times in the hospital while recovering from abdominal surgeries. I couldn't wait to get out of bed and into a shower.

oh...I didn't count being sick/stove up...16 weeks once...8 weeks in traction and 8 weeks in a body cast...that was some serious funk when they cut that cast off...:lol

SpursWoman
12-06-2005, 04:52 PM
They didn't try to hose you down through the cracks, first?

At least spinkle a little lime in it before they cracked it open? :vomit :lol

CosmicCowboy
12-06-2005, 05:02 PM
They didn't try to hose you down through the cracks, first?

At least spinkle a little lime in it before they cracked it open? :vomit :lol

naa...the whole process was pretty disgusting...now when they put you in traction for that long they surgically put pins in the bone and pull off of the pins...back then they wrapped the leg with an ace bandage and wrapped in "loops" to pull on...when they finally unwrapped my leg after 8 weeks they unwrapped the skin with it...I was basically just raw meat from the knee down... :oops

Horry For 3!
12-06-2005, 05:03 PM
I don't know, like 3 or 4 maybe.

Beerjitsu
12-06-2005, 05:44 PM
Four Days while camping in Cloudcroft NM (which is gorgeous BTW...allthough Alamagordo is an armpit). We hit a truck stop on the way home for showers. My friend walked out of the stall with a pile of the clothes he had been wearing in his hands at arms length and a disgusted look on his face and asked us "why didn't you people TELL me I smelled like this?"

Old School Chic
12-06-2005, 05:47 PM
2 days Max.

timvp
12-06-2005, 06:02 PM
4 hours.

2Blonde
12-06-2005, 06:05 PM
4 hours.
Dang, I'd hate to have your water bill!!! :lol

Shelly
12-06-2005, 06:12 PM
oh...I didn't count being sick/stove up...16 weeks once...8 weeks in traction and 8 weeks in a body cast...that was some serious funk when they cut that cast off...:lol

What happened??

SequSpur
12-06-2005, 06:45 PM
24 days. I went to the National Training Center in California and stayed in the desert while preparing for Iraq #1.

We cleaned up using a 5 gallon water can. We brought 7 pairs of underwear, so I saved one for the trip back....

When we received our gear back and I opened it, that was the nastiest shit I ever smelled.

Man, and I thought the Brut was working.

ducks
12-06-2005, 06:50 PM
10 days hunting elk NOT DUCKS

Vashner
12-07-2005, 12:49 AM
A week....

Silent Bob
12-07-2005, 12:54 AM
:sleep

Chef
12-07-2005, 01:08 AM
I could go weeks without a shower. But I never have. I like to smell good for the lady. :lol

CosmicCowboy
12-07-2005, 09:46 AM
What happened??

Football injury. Long story but I ended up on my back with the cleats on my left foot touching my nose...

pache100
12-07-2005, 09:56 AM
My husband has a really funny story about being on leave and travelling up to Montreal or something. He grabbed a sandwich for lunch and was sitting on some steps eating. There was a bum kind of close by with terrible body odor. Well, the bum got up and left. turns out the horrible odor was coming from the group of French tourists nearby. You'd think people who are such snobs in general would be more hygienic, wouldn't you?

I was on a fishing trip once with my boyfriend and another couple. We were at Lake Amistad for a three-day weekend. We got down there on Friday night, and no one had showered since then because back then, they cut the water off and locked up the showers in the wintertime. On Sunday morning, we were headed out in the boat to fish and I kept smelling this really rank odor. I kept thinking "Geez, it has to be ME, do I really smell THAT bad???". When we got to where we were gonna fish, the guys took the minnow bucket and the cast net to get us some bait. When my boyfriend opened up the minnow bucket, he said, "Thank God!" - there were some dead minnows in there. Turns out, we were both sitting in close proximity to the minnow bucket and he was thinking the same thing I was about himself. We laughed about that for years.

Mr Dio
12-07-2005, 07:48 PM
Apprx 2.5 wks in Saudi/Kuwait.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 08:01 PM
One week. Of course, I was on a dive boat in the Bahamas diving 4-5 times a day in the ocean, so I don't think that counts :lol