PDA

View Full Version : Quentin Richardson's bad year keeps getting worse.

BillsCarnage
12-06-2005, 07:12 PM
Poor guy has had a terrible year and now this. He may have been cocky on the court but this is just sad.

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=local&id=3701370

December 6, 2005 - A Chicago man, the brother of an NBA player, has died after being shot during a robbery on Chicago's South Side. Thirty-one-year-old Lee Richardson was gunned down Monday in front of his father.
Related Links

Richardson was the brother of New York Knicks foward, Quentin Richardson. The deadly incident set off a police pursuit and a series of crashes that resulted in three arrests.

Lee Richardson and his father, Lee Richardson Sr., were out running errands Monday morning when they returned to the family home at 115th and Parnell a few minutes before noon. That's when two armed men reportedly approached the father and son, forcing them at gunpoint to lie face down in the snow a feet from the back door.

The Richardsons had just parked Lee Jr.'s late model Lexus SUV in the garage and were about to enter the house when the gunmen approached at virtually high noon, in clear view of anyone who passed on Parnell. In fact, a witness was watching on the phone with a police dispatcher as the younger Richardson looked up from his prone position and was shot four times. The shooter and his accomplice then ran away without harming the father.

Police, who were en route when the shooting occurred, pursued the suspects' gray van for several miles until it crashed at 87th and California. They also arrested three suspects at various points as they bailed out during the chase. Officers reportedly recovered the wallet of one the victims as well as two handguns.

The dead man, 31-year-old Lee Richardson, is the older brother of former Whitney Young High School and DePaul university basketball star Quentin Richardson, who now plays professionally for the New York Knickerbockers. A team spokesman told ABC7 that Quentin left the team last night to return to Chicago to attend to a "family tragedy."

The senior Richardson, a CTA driver and widower since the early 1990's, raised his three sons and a daughter at the house at 115th and Parnell. He moved recently to the south suburbs and left his son Lee to live at the property on Parnell.

Daisy King is a neighbor who says she used to babysit for the family.

"Mr. Richardson was the best dad. They didn't play with a lot of other kids," said Daisy King, neighbor.

Quentin Richardson
This is not the first tragedy of this kind for Quentin Richardson and his family. In the early 90's, an older brother, Bernard, was shot and killed while dropping off a friend in a CHA housing project. It was just a few months after that incident that his mother died.

So far the family has been unavailable for comment.

2centsworth
12-06-2005, 08:08 PM
I feel for him. God Bless him and his family.

Kori Ellis
12-06-2005, 08:09 PM
That's really sad.

R.I.P. :(

ZStomp
12-06-2005, 08:15 PM
Man- how sad.

Leetonidas
12-06-2005, 09:30 PM
I feel bad for Q...

bonesinaz
12-06-2005, 09:33 PM
May his family be comforted in their time of loss. This is heartbreaking for him and his family.

JamStone
12-06-2005, 10:47 PM
incredibly sad ... condolences and best wishes to their family.

King
12-06-2005, 11:02 PM
Horrible - this is his second brother that's been murdered.

NashtoAmare
12-06-2005, 11:36 PM
o my gosh..Poor Q

T Park
12-07-2005, 01:36 AM
damn Q is having a bad year.

Traded to the Knicks.

Brandy wants a divorce.

Now a family member is killed.

Poor Q Rich. Seems like a good kid.

Kori Ellis
12-07-2005, 01:41 AM
Brandy wants a divorce.

They never got married. They were engaged and supposed to get married this summer. He broke it off and he's dating Keisha Knight-Pullam (Cosby Show).

Parker 09
12-07-2005, 02:00 AM
That really sucks, Q is a class player, didn't seem a bad person.
To have two brothers murdered... jeez that just isn't fair
I feel for him

Rydia
12-07-2005, 11:04 AM
This is so heartbraking...nothing could be worse for poor Q. What a tragic way to end the year.

They never got married. They were engaged and supposed to get married this summer. He broke it off and he's dating Keisha Knight-Pullam (Cosby Show).

I heard he cheated on her a bunch of times and she didn't want to go to New York so she dumped him. Either way, we met her at a game and she wasn't very nice....
They were never married...I agree on that :D

Kip Fanatic
12-07-2005, 11:09 AM
I can't imagine what he is going through. I pray that God comforts him and his family.

easjer
12-07-2005, 11:09 AM
That's just terrible. Poor guy. His poor family. How horrifying.

Kip Fanatic
12-07-2005, 11:13 AM
Brandy is one ugly girl in my opinion. Rudy from the Cosby's is a lot better. See below.

http://www.brothersatplay.com/images/rudy2.jpg

samikeyp
12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
:depressed

nkdlunch
12-07-2005, 02:29 PM
Brandy is one ugly girl in my opinion. Rudy from the Cosby's is a lot better. See below.

http://www.brothersatplay.com/images/rudy2.jpg

Bill Cosby is betterloking than brandy.

Poor dude. having a bad season is nothing compared to losing a brother.

dknights411
12-07-2005, 03:01 PM
Damn. That's just horrible. I hope Q is feeling all right.

David Bowie
12-07-2005, 03:34 PM
What a terrible situation ):

ro_50
12-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Q in one year stretch lost his brother, his grandmother, cousin and another friend while he was younger.

The guy has been through more than probably anyone else in the league and its sad, this happened to him again.

He's a good guy and plays hard.