View Full Version : Miami (10-8) at San Antonio (14-3) espn baby

ducks
12-06-2005, 11:08 PM
Miami (10-8) at San Antonio (14-3)
Preview - Box Score - Recap
Game Info: 9:00 pm EST Wed Dec 7, 2005
TV: ESPN Add to Calendar
Buy Tickets
If the Miami Heat wish to avoid closing their five-game road trip with a third straight loss, they'll have to win in a city where their only victory came nine years ago.

The Heat look to snap a seven-game losing streak in San Antonio when they take on the Spurs in a meeting between division leaders.

Miami has never won in three visits to the SBC Center and is 1-17 all-time in San Antonio. The team posted its only road victory over the Spurs on Dec. 23, 1996 at the Alamodome.

San Antonio is tied with Cleveland and the Los Angeles Clippers for the league's best home record at 7-1.

The Heat opened their road trip with wins over Atlanta and Sacramento, teams with a combined 9-24 record, before losing back-to-back contests to Denver and the Clippers.

ADVERTISEMENT
Dwyane Wade had 29 points and 12 rebounds and Alonzo Mourning, continuing to fill in admirably for an injured Shaquille O'Neal, added 17 points, 12 boards and four blocks in Monday's 99-89 loss to the Clippers.

O'Neal hasn't recovered from a sprained right ankle that has kept him out of all but two games this season. He could practice this week, but probably won't return to game action until next week at the earliest.

Miami trailed by three points after three quarters on Monday but was held to 14 in the fourth -- all scored by Wade or Mourning. Antoine Walker went scoreless for only the second time in his career on 0-for-10 shooting.

Mourning, though, was more unhappy with his team's defensive performance. The Heat forced just 12 turnovers, allowed the Clippers to shoot 49.4 percent (38-for-77) from the field and watched Elton Brand score 37 points.

"Our lack of defense was the factor that made the difference," Mourning said. "We didn't stop their offensive drives. We were scoring and we made enough plays to win the game on the offensive end. We're a better defensive team than what we're showing, and we're hurting ourselves."

Miami is forcing an Eastern Conference-low 12.2 turnovers per game, and now faces a San Antonio team which leads the league in field-goal shooting at 48.1 percent.

The Spurs extended their winning streak to four and won for the ninth time in 10 games with a 110-85 rout of Orlando on Monday night.

Tim Duncan had 26 points, 12 rebounds and five blocks, and Tony Parker added 20 points and seven assists.

Robert Horry scored a season-high 18 points off the bench to help the defending champions' reserves outscore the Magic's bench 45-21.

"(Horry's) been coming in and scoring and he really knows how to play basketball," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said. "The basketball IQ for the team really goes up when he's on the court."

Manu Ginobili returned to the lineup after missing two games with a bruised right ankle and finished with four points and four assists in 21 minutes.

Updated on Tuesday, Dec 6, 2005 12:43 pm EST

Email to a Friend | View Popular
Team Comparison
Team Record Standings PF PA Road/Home Streak L10
Miami 10-8 1st Southeast / 3rd East 96.7 93.2 Road 3-6 Lost 2 5-5
San Antonio 14-3 1st Southwest / 1st West 98.2 90.1 Home 7-1 Won 4 9-1
Miami Notes
Dec 6 Miami scored just 14 points in the fourth quarter. ... C Alonzo Mourning recorded his sixth double-double with 17 points and 12 rebounds but made just 3-of-10 from the free throw line. ... The Heat have lost twice in their last 16 December games. ... G Jason Williams matched his season high with nine assists after he failed to collect any in Saturday's loss to Denver. ... F Antoine Walker missed all 10 shots from the floor, including six from the arc, and did not score in 18 minutes. ... Miami led by 11 points in the first quarter. ... G Dwyane Wade was selected Eastern Conference Player of the Week on Monday.

San Antonio Notes
Dec 6 G Manu Ginobili scored four points in 20 minutes in his return after missing two games with an ankle injury. ... San Antonio held an 40-28 advantage for points in the paint. ... F-C Tim Duncan had five of the Spurs season-high 10 blocked shots. ... All of San Antonio's seven offensive rebounds came after intermission. ... F Robert Horry shot 3-of-5 from long range.

ducks
12-06-2005, 11:09 PM
Miami has never won in three visits to the SBC Center and is 1-17 all-time in San Antonio. The team posted its only road victory over the Spurs on Dec. 23, 1996 at the Alamodome.

manu
12-07-2005, 12:09 AM
Will Manu play on tomorrow's game vs Miami? does anybody here know please:)

Tek_XX
12-07-2005, 02:42 AM
I wish shaq would play, i bet ESPN does to.

slayermin
12-07-2005, 03:21 AM
manu, your sig is tight.

Solid D
12-07-2005, 07:41 AM
Nothing has been said to indicate Manu won't be available tonight.

Tim Duncan will have to pay attention to taking good care of the ball in this one. The Heat will defend Tim with a combination of Zo and Antoine Walker. Walker did a superb job on Tim in the benefit, pre-season game earlier this year in Miami. He played Tim strong when he posted up and continually slapped the ball out of Tim's hands when he brought the rock in low and close to make his moves.

Bruce and Manu will have their hands full with Wade...but then again, the Heat will have their hands full defending Parker.

If the Spurs can take care of the ball and eliminate easy baskets, the Heat won't be able to keep up with the Spurs. If the Heat are allowed to junk it up, it could be a frustrating night.

howard2
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Sun-Sentinel
By Ira Winderman
Dec 7, 2005
Link: Sun-Sentinel (http://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/sfl-heatbox07dec07,0,5334906.story?coll=sfla-sports-headlines)
TONIGHT'S GAME: HEAT AT SPURS

About the Spurs: San Antonio has won four in a row and nine of its last 10.

It is 7-1 at home this season and 17-1 at home all-time against the Heat. The Spurs are 13-0 when shooting 45 percent or better and 13-0 when taking a lead into the fourth quarter.

Center Tim Duncan leads the NBA with 14 double-doubles, including 26 points and 12 rebounds in Monday's 110-85 victory in Orlando.

Reserve forward Robert Horry added a season-high 18 points in that victory. After missing two games with a bruised right ankle, guard Manu Ginobili was limited by a bruised knee to four points against the Magic.

About the Heat: This concludes a five-game trip, with the Heat having won the first two and losing the past two. Guard Dwyane Wade continues to carry the offense, with 29 points in Monday's 99-89 loss to the Clippers after 32 in Saturday's 101-99 loss in Denver. Point guard Jason Williams has scored in double figures in 11 consecutive games, one off the longest streak in his career. With 10 or more points tonight, guard Gary Payton would make it 1,000 career double-digit scoring games. Centers Shaquille O'Neal (ankle) and Earl Barron (back) are out.

lilmads
12-07-2005, 08:16 PM
The one game that's gonna be on fricking tv and I can't watch because my stupid satellite box is down! UGH!

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2005, 08:23 PM
Go Spurs!

Please win @ home vs. the Heat.

nkdlunch
12-07-2005, 08:24 PM
Please win @ home vs. the Heat.

more like please don't lose to the Heat at home or I'll be PISSED!!!!!

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2005, 08:27 PM
more like please don't lose to the Heat at home or I'll be PISSED!!!!!
That's basically right :lol

manu
12-07-2005, 08:33 PM
wow is that you alvarez6? are u from supergino?
HI IM SPURSCHAMP!!!! remember me?

and yeah go spurs!!!! tonight we'll beat the heat fa sho!!!!

ABDENOUR POWER
12-07-2005, 08:36 PM
I'll be watching, hoping the Spurs will slaughter them. Miami is my least favorite team in the entire league.

GO SPURS

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2005, 08:39 PM
wow is that you alvarez6? are u from supergino?
HI IM SPURSCHAMP!!!! remember me?

and yeah go spurs!!!! tonight we'll beat the heat fa sho!!!!
Yeah it's me. What's up?

Yeah I remember you and your videos, so I've seen a lot of your work. They're awesome!

You don't have to PM me then unless you made new videos. I told you to PM me in the "I'm New" thread in the Club.

sanman53
12-07-2005, 08:43 PM
The one game that's gonna be on fricking tv and I can't watch because my stupid satellite box is down! UGH!

I feel you man! Im in grad school in Louisville KY with NO cable TV! I have to watch it on espn.com as it refreshes every 30 seconds. I cant wait to finish grad school and get a good paying job so I can BUY espn...

NZHayden
12-07-2005, 08:49 PM
c'mon spurs we can do this!
i wont be able to catch the game so hopefully solid d will give us some good comentry on the game blog so i can read it after work.
i also hope pop puts bowen on wade so that wade will only score about 17 pts so i can finnally win a vbookie, i'm down on my vbookie luck at the moment

manu
12-07-2005, 09:02 PM
Yeah it's me. What's up?

Yeah I remember you and your videos, so I've seen a lot of your work. They're awesome!

You don't have to PM me then unless you made new videos. I told you to PM me in the "I'm New" thread in the Club.

thanks!!!!! and yeah i have made so many new videos!!!!! ok sure no problem:)

ajh18
12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Good to see tim dunk on mourning's arrogant ass.

FreshPrince22
12-07-2005, 10:01 PM
Timmay! Zo gets abused again.
________
Redhead Cams (http://www.girlcamfriend.com/webcam/redhead-girls/)