PDA

View Full Version : 45 pt win is just WRONG

spursfaninla
12-07-2005, 12:17 AM
I think that a 20pt win is a serious blowout, 25 is pretty emberassing and 30 is going to bring serious payback for running up the score.

45? WTF is wrong with the Suns?

More importantly, what's wrong with the Blazers?

Bloodline666
12-07-2005, 12:43 AM
They were probably too exhausted to play tonight because they were too busy running from the cops.

SmotPoker
12-07-2005, 12:46 AM
Well, it is the suns.... Were the starters in the game in the fourth? If so, thats just wrong.

mavsfan1000
12-07-2005, 12:53 AM
They should tell the jailblazers players that it is time to put down that joint.

boutons
12-07-2005, 12:54 AM
Suns had 8 players in double figures.
The only starter that played in the 4th was 7 minutes by Boris.
4th qtr was garbage time.

I doesn't look like Mike ran up the score. Suns, even with all the garbage minutes, still shot 56% and hit 16 3Gs! Blazers shot 38%.

Bloodline666
12-07-2005, 12:58 AM
They should tell the jailblazers players that it is time to put down that joint.
Yeah...where was Nate McMillan when the JailBlazers were smoking weed in the visitors locker room?

SirChaz
12-07-2005, 01:11 AM

Besides injuries, Not much right now.

They were so bad.

Nash beat Przybilla for a tip in offensive rebound in the first half. He just stood there and watched.

The Blazers never really showed up and the Suns never let up, even when they went to the bench.

Jarret Jack is a player though.

Mr. Body
12-07-2005, 01:13 AM
I'm sure some Blazers aren't taking to McMillan. Unfortunately, it's the most expensive ones. Lookin' your way, Zach Randolph. What a stupid signing.

SmotPoker
12-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Dude, the blazers used to be a pretty big opponent for us, I remember them constantly beating up in the playoffs when they had drexler, what happened?

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 01:31 AM
Paul Allen forgetting character as much as talent helps to win Titles. Eventually, when all you have is talent, the wrong kind eventually slips in, so starting with Rider, then Wallace, then Bonzi, then Patterson, then Randolph, then Miles... everything goes downhill in a mighty big hurry.

It's a slippery slope.

T Park
The Blazers are already playing out the string.

They are the worst team in basketball next to the Hawks bar none.

boutons
So many teams sucking hopelessly this season, not good for the NBA.

Anybody think any of them will so much better after Christmas?

Parker 09
12-07-2005, 01:46 AM
What happen to the defence, 130 points my god.
Someone has to be trade quick and get a change up there, as Steven.A.Smith would say 'that was AWE....FUL

Bloodline666
12-07-2005, 01:46 AM
The Blazers need to cut all ties with Ruben Patterson and Zach Randolph IMMEDIATELY! They are both liabilities to the team!

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 01:50 AM
Yeah, but Randolph is an overweight, non-athletic big coming off an incredably large contract signing and a prompt microfracture procedure.

He's not worth much through trade. Maybe a team desperate, like the Hawks, but otherwise, he'll be hard to move.

Patterson should just be bought out. Nobody want him. He's got mediocre game and is more pain than pleasure for every team he's played for. He's OK, but chemistry all seems to be an issue with him.

101A
12-07-2005, 09:17 AM
So many teams sucking hopelessly this season, not good for the NBA.

Anybody think any of them will so much better after Christmas?

I think you're right - definitely a class-based league right now. Houston, NY & LA - three of the largest markets all suck; Philly, Boston, Chicago - none are contenders.

Indiana, not as good as advertised yet.

Phoenix playing better than expected - but not a contender w/o Amare.

Unless you're a fan of SA, Detroit, or Miami (until Shaq comes back and it is proven they are not all that), you don't have any hope of a ring in the forseeable future.

I live in Western PA - there is absolutely NO coverage of the league AT ALL - not even the scores running accross the screen on the nightly news. See what happens when football is gone.

pache100
12-07-2005, 09:25 AM
I think that a 20pt win is a serious blowout, 25 is pretty emberassing and 30 is going to bring serious payback for running up the score.

Well, sometimes, you just can't help "running up the score". What are they supposed to do when they get ahead by 20 or 30 points, repeatedly hand the other team the ball under their own basket? Throw the ball into the stands instead of into the basket? There may be an excuse for a team not scoring in proportion to their opponents, but there is NEVER an excuse for not playing defense (and that could go a long way toward controlling the score).

As for "running up the score", sometimes it happens even when you try not to. Just ask the Texas Longhorns. According to some reports, "they tried not to score after halftime, but they just couldn't help it". Colorado refused to stop them.

All that...and, of course - the TrailGangstas just suck right now.

JamStone
12-07-2005, 10:39 AM
The Blazers are already playing out the string.

They are the worst team in basketball next to the Hawks bar none.

Have you seen the Toronto Raptors play?

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 10:49 AM
Phoenix playing better than expected - but not a contender w/o Amare.

Agreed.

Unless you're a fan of SA, Detroit, or Miami (until Shaq comes back and it is proven they are not all that), you don't have any hope of a ring in the forseeable future.

As in what, this year? You're fooling yourself if you don't think the Suns can't make a run of things next year. As for Miami, Phoenix has as good a shot as they do. Why? Chemistry. Phoenix has it, Miami will never have it.

Shaq is no longer the end all, be all that he once was. Amare will have more of an impact upon his return (and reports have him being ahead of schedule) than Shaq will.

San Antonio, Detroit.... they are the clear cut top two. After that, Dallas, Memphis, Phoenix, Indiana and Miami are all in line. Cleveland, Golden State and a few others then round things out. It's pretty ovbious that getting past the top two will be a tall task, but never count your chickens before they're hatched. Injuries find us all. Spurs are due for an extended one. Maybe even a crippling one.

Kip Fanatic
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
Phoenix is playing great basketball considering that their go to guy is out. If he comes back and is healthy, they are going to be a threat to SA. Will they be able to beat SA in a seven game series? I doubt it because Bell is the only one who plays defense.

pache100
12-07-2005, 10:59 AM
San Antonio, Detroit.... they are the clear cut top two. After that, Dallas, Memphis, Phoenix, Indiana and Miami are all in line. Cleveland, Golden State and a few others then round things out.

Yep, "in line" being the operative words here. "In line" does not a ring get.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 11:56 AM
One injury, pache... One injury is all it takes. You're not entitled.

BillsCarnage
12-07-2005, 12:05 PM

They've got players dropping like flies with small injuries yet they keep rolling the bad teams. They had Atlanta down by 37 before the scrubs gave up a huge 4th quarter. As for defense? This is the seventh or nineth straight team they've held under 100pts. Unheard of with last years team. They still don't have much of an inside game until Amare comes back.

More importantly, what's wrong with the Blazers?[/QUOTE]

They suck. Nate has lost the team already.

pache100
12-07-2005, 12:05 PM
One injury, pache... One injury is all it takes. You're not entitled.

We'll see.

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 12:10 PM
You're a great team, just don't mistake that health can aid in a Title as much as talent.

I think San Antonio is a lock this year if they remain healthy. A lock, at the minimum for the West. It remains to be seen what Flip can do with this team come playoff time.

I think Phoenix and Dallas can challenge, both more so than last year, but San Antonio is too deep and too well coached for this season. Enjoy it and hope the injury bug doesn't get ya late.

SequSpur
12-07-2005, 12:36 PM
I think a 45 point win is impressive and Portland needs to clean house.

If you can win by 50, thats what you do.

mavsfan1000
12-07-2005, 01:48 PM
Phoenix should've won by 50. :lol

Kahn Souphanousinphone
12-07-2005, 03:33 PM
Blazers Smoke too much and can't see

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 03:47 PM
They were up 48 in the fourth and had the possibility. A few shots for each team later and it was down to 45.

SequSpur
12-07-2005, 03:50 PM
Don't you mav and suns fans have somewhere else you can play?

yeahone
12-07-2005, 03:58 PM
lol thats embaraSSING

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Don't you mav and suns fans have somewhere else you can play?

As in stop posting? Not a chance. Now go blow your title and run along...

Don't like us, leave. No one is forcing you to post here, let alone read or posts.

Solly Cholly, I'm here to stay! I've pitched tent and made myself right at home...

strangeweather
12-07-2005, 04:52 PM
As in what, this year? You're fooling yourself if you don't think the Suns can't make a run of things next year. As for Miami, Phoenix has as good a shot as they do. Why? Chemistry. Phoenix has it, Miami will never have it.

Agreed. Phoenix has great team chemistry, their offseason moves seem to be coming up roses, and they seem to have dedicated this year to learning to play defense. Impressive.

It seems like a transitional year for the Suns this year, and I don't think they're ready to beat the Spurs or Detroit, but with another year of seasoning for their defense to gel, they look really dangerous for next year.

It's pretty ovbious that getting past the top two will be a tall task, but never count your chickens before they're hatched. Injuries find us all. Spurs are due for an extended one. Maybe even a crippling one.

Anything can happen, and you've definitely never won a trophy until you're holding it in your hand.

But I can't see why the Spurs are particularly due for an injury. Duncan fought through injuries and missed a ton of games last year. He was less than 100% pretty much all the way through the title, though 90% of TD is obviously still pretty formidable. Manu is fighting through a string of injuries so far this year. Good teams have to fight through them -- just as the Suns have been doing brilliantly so far.

Vashner
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Yea it's fun to watch too...

I want to see Suns run up on Kobe to see if he cries...

JMarkJohns
12-07-2005, 05:25 PM
Anything can happen, and you've definitely never won a trophy until you're holding it in your hand.

But I can't see why the Spurs are particularly due for an injury. Duncan fought through injuries and missed a ton of games last year. He was less than 100% pretty much all the way through the title, though 90% of TD is obviously still pretty formidable. Manu is fighting through a string of injuries so far this year. Good teams have to fight through them -- just as the Suns have been doing brilliantly so far.

Inconsistant injuries like 5 games here, three weeks here isn't that big s deal, even if it happens two or three times a year. I'm talking about the David Robinson, out for the year type.

I don't wish it upon you or anyone, but sooner or later every team has a great player miss an extended length of time. Detroit is due as well.

It's just been so long for either, that you should almost expect it.

I hope not, because I've always been of the mindset where if you play a team, you want to play Team A at complete health. It rarely happens, but at least then there's little to now doubt.