PDA

View Full Version : I have an interesting idea...

Parker 09
12-07-2005, 01:30 AM
With barry still inconsistent but geting better, i was thinking of someone young we might get to be our spot up shooter and sink clutch free throws.
Then it hit me, why don't we draft JJ Redick.
The guy is on a tear of a season and in the games i've seen of him he is steadly improving from last season.
The guy would need some moulding in as he looks to have the shot selection of a lone superstar but not the tools to carry them out.
He scores alot of backdoor cuts and screens for open shots. Though i think pop may be able to draw up somthing for him to get some open looks.
He isn't completley without creativity, he has shown the abilty to get to the rim and draw contact and hit the shot.
He could be a very good pickup and help balance out the age factor on our team.
I think he would fall to us as he was predicted to go undrafted last season

Silent Bob
12-07-2005, 01:44 AM
With barry still inconsistent but geting better, i was thinking of someone young we might get to be our spot up shooter and sink clutch free throws.

:wtf

http://spurs.fc2web.com/img/beno_udrih.jpg

T Park
12-07-2005, 02:06 AM
hell no on turnoverBeno.

Barry is getting better.

I think the ass chewing last saturday straightened him out.

Hopefully he can knock those shots down consistently.

I want to see Barry do well so badly.

Dudes a great guy, he deserves it.

Silent Bob
12-07-2005, 02:42 AM
hell no on turnoverBeno.

Barry is getting better.

I think the ass chewing last saturday straightened him out.

Hopefully he can knock those shots down consistently.

I want to see Barry do well so badly.

Dudes a great guy, he deserves it.

:tu

Mr. Body
12-07-2005, 03:01 AM
Someone will waste a lottery pick on him. Trajan Langdon was picked #11 overall, don't forget.

TDMVPDPOY
12-07-2005, 06:17 AM
redick is just a better version of korver, nothin special, hell we have beno who can flat out shoot but his very shy when he touches the ball hahahahhaa

Extra Stout
12-07-2005, 09:07 AM
JJ Redick has Chris Carrawell talent.

Icedstone
12-07-2005, 10:29 AM
Tim is only avg about 20ppg 12rpg maybe we should look at replacing him. Brent only had a couple memorable games last year and did decent during the playoffs, now is not the time to throw in the towel and go after JJ. The shooters we have on this years team are better than avg. if not some of the leagues best. We have Bowen(yes only in his sweet spots), Ginobili, Barry, Finley, Van Exel, Horry, and Parker(streaky also). With these shooters we should definitely get it done again this year and a luxary most teams would love to have, you can't have a stone-cold clutch shooter at every position on the roster.

JamStone
12-07-2005, 10:45 AM
Don't the Spurs give their first round pick to New York anyway for the Malik Rose/Nazr Mohammed trade? Even if JJ Redick is not picked in the first round, you would have to suspect he'll be taken early in the second round just based on his shooting ability. Doubt he'll last to the end of the second round.

coopdogg3
12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
Don't the Spurs give their first round pick to New York anyway for the Malik Rose/Nazr Mohammed trade? Even if JJ Redick is not picked in the first round, you would have to suspect he'll be taken early in the second round just based on his shooting ability. Doubt he'll last to the end of the second round.

That's what I was about to say. Spurs don't have a first this year. Maybe they trade Rash or Nazr or Barry or rights to Scola or somthing and we get a pick. But as of right now, better be looking at 2nd round guys.

wildbill2u
12-07-2005, 01:41 PM
I don't worry about our shooters anymore. They'll do OK.

But does anyonw remember the guy from some college in Alabama last year that hit 12 threes in one game or something? I was wondering if he got drafted.