PDA

View Full Version : Are you ready for the "cold front"?

ZStomp
12-07-2005, 06:22 AM
http://www.mysanantonio.com/news/metro/stories/MYSA120705.01B.icy_roads.12a93cb1.html

Area drivers might fight icy roads as front blows in

Web Posted: 12/07/2005 12:00 AM CST

Patrick Driscoll
Express-News Staff Writer

There's a chance that San Antonio-area motorists, if they aren't careful, could be slipping and sliding on roads tonight and Thursday.

An arctic front blasting through the state is expected to hit South Central Texas this afternoon and could bring freezing rain tonight, according to the National Weather Service.

Gusty winds will quickly chill temperatures, dropping them to below freezing by 11 p.m. at San Antonio International Airport.

Today's high isn't expected to reach beyond 47.

There's a 30 percent chance of rain tonight in San Antonio, but the odds are as high as 50 percent in Austin and 70 percent in Dallas, weather officials said. An advisory was expected to be issued today for areas just north of San Antonio.

"Because the soils have been rather warm lately, the ice is expected to accumulate mainly on bridges, overpasses and elevated roads across the area," said Larry Eblen of the weather service office in New Braunfels.

If ice sticks to roads and bridges, motorists should consider not driving anywhere until it melts, officials say. If they feel they need to, they should drive slower.

"The biggest factor in safe driving are the drivers," said Tom Wendorf, the city's public works director.

City police and Texas Department of Transportation officials monitor roads and bridges from the TransGuide building and will decide if any need to be closed or treated. The city has 15 trucks ready, and TxDOT has 51 to spread ice control agents or crushed rocks.

"We don't anticipate a white Christmas, but we remain vigilant to treat roadways for ice conditions," said John Bohuslav, TxDOT's maintenance director.

San Antonio should dry up Thursday, but will remain cold, according to forecasters. The high temperature will be 44, which is the usual low for this time of year.

"It's not even officially winter yet," said NWS meteorologist Clay Anderson in New Braunfels.

The low tonight is expected to hit 30, and Thursday night it will be 26. Friday and Saturday will be warmer, with temperatures in the 50s and 60s.

For weather details, go to www.srh.noaa.gov. on the Web

Stay safe and use caution! In other words, stay home if you don't have to be anywhere!

Dre_7
12-07-2005, 06:59 AM
Today's high isn't expected to reach beyond 47.

Yall are lucky!!

Here it has been highs around 10 degrees (with lows between 0-5)!! And thats just the temp. The windchill makes it much worse! I hate cold weather! :pctoss

Faccia di Angelo
12-07-2005, 08:15 AM
No..I need a new jacket. My sweater isn't cutting it. And I'm worried about my parents since they live outside of town now and there's a higher risk of ice on the roads. And my brakes are acting up :(
But I do LOVE this weather!

Old School Chic
12-07-2005, 11:30 AM
I sure am! :spin

I love cold weather...

Let It Snow!

Taco
12-07-2005, 12:13 PM

I love cold weather...

Let It Snow!

Same Here

Bring on Da White Stuff!!!

pache100
12-07-2005, 12:16 PM
In a way, I kinda hope we DO get some precipitation. If we do, the temperature won't go as low as it will if we don't. The cloud cover helps insulate.

The sone
12-07-2005, 03:16 PM
i thought it was already here!!!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5447/nips9te.jpg

you likey??? :elephant

2Blonde
12-07-2005, 03:35 PM
I just went out to pick up my daughter from school for an appointment and I am feeling just like Drew. Damn it's cold out there!!!!!

Kahn Souphanousinphone
12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
i thought it was already here!!!

http://img442.imageshack.us/img442/5447/nips9te.jpg

you likey??? :elephant

oh my

Kahn Souphanousinphone
12-07-2005, 03:38 PM
I just went out to pick up my daughter from school for an appointment and I am feeling just like Drew. Damn it's cold out there!!!!!

Post picture :lol

mookie2001
12-07-2005, 03:44 PM
god
a 2blonde nippy nipp pic would bring down the all the internets

valluco
12-07-2005, 03:54 PM
The front has already kicked the Metroplex in the face this morning. Got out of work at noon and I hit ice on two bridges on the way home. I really don't mind cold weather, it's the frozen rain and sleet that I hate.

SequSpur
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
My balls itch when its cold.

T Park
12-07-2005, 03:56 PM
Lovin this weather my friends.

After months of heat from July thorugh November,

IM LOVIN ME THIS 40s and 30s!!!!

sa_butta
12-07-2005, 04:00 PM
Do I have a choice? I hate the cold myself. And I have a cold already, so it really sucks now.

Old School Chic
12-07-2005, 04:03 PM

I thought they shrink with the cold... :lol

Vashner
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
Where the hell is our weatherman? He's been slacking off...

jcrod
12-07-2005, 04:10 PM
If it doesn't rain by 6:30, I still have to play softball in this weather. Damn its going to be cold out there.

Kahn Souphanousinphone
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM

Well take them out of your wifes purse and scratch them :lol

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 04:11 PM
And I have a cold already, so it really sucks now.

Me, too. Daytime, Non-drowsy my ass, I just kept nodding off in a meeting of three. :oops :sleep :lol

sa_butta
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
Me, too. Daytime, Non-drowsy my ass, I just kept nodding off in a meeting of three. :oops :sleep :lolI took some Niquil last night and it did not help at all, I still could not sleep well.

T Park
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
thats why you gotta take TWO shots.

TWO shots knocks my fat ass right out.

pache100
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
I took some Niquil last night and it did not help at all, I still could not sleep well.

Nighttime Nyquil makes my heart race (and not in the good way, in the scary way). But, I can take the Daytime cheapo stuff from Walmart and it works wonders (and doesn't make me sleepy - and EVERYthing makes me sleepy). You can't buy more than two packages at a time, though, because if you have more than that, they think you are running a meth lab. :lol

Edit: The daytime cheapo stuff from Walmart gels, NOT the liquid...

sa_butta
12-07-2005, 04:16 PM
thats why you gotta take TWO shots.

TWO shots knocks my fat ass right out.I think Ill hit up the Tequila bottle tonight.

Kori Ellis
12-07-2005, 04:17 PM
LJ and I both have colds too. I thought it was allergies at first. But since LJ has it too then I guess it's a cold.

We took Theraflu last night instead of NyQuil. It worked pretty well.

spurs=bling
12-07-2005, 04:17 PM

I love cold weather...

Let It Snow!

no snow it will only make my ankle hurt more.

LuvBones
12-07-2005, 04:18 PM
I'm not ready. I need gloves and a heavy jacket! :(

Old School Chic
Theraflu works wonders...

SpursWoman
A single shot of Nyquil knocked me out like a sledge hammer last night ... I was just trying to get through the day so I can go home and bury myself under a blanket.

I stopped at Walgreen's for some Tylenol Cold and had to take the little card back to the pharmacy, show my ID and get logged into a binder.

:fro

Shelly
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
Are you sure y'all didn't get hit by the mountain cedar? If my oldest and I don't start using Flonase daily at the beginning of Nov, we get knocked on our asses by it.

pache100
12-07-2005, 04:22 PM
I stopped at Walgreen's for some Tylenol Cold and had to take the little card back to the pharmacy, show my ID and get logged into a binder.

See, they think you're running a meth lab, too. :depressed :lol

Taco
12-07-2005, 04:24 PM
http://www.weather.com/outlook/health/allergies/hourbyhour/78251?from=36hr_topnav_allergies

Check this out

the second temp is wind chill

Hour-by-Hour Forecast for
San Antonio, TX (78251) On The Spot Weather
Choose LocationSchoolsGolf CoursesIntersectionsLocal ParksAirportsEvent VenuesSki AreasNew Search

Table Display Graph Display

Wed, December 7
Time Condition Feels
Like Chance
Precip Dew
Point Humid. Wind

Evening Commute Health Video - Dr. Anna Marie

4pm Few Showers
36°F
26°F 30% 34°F 82% From NNE 16 mph

5pm Light Freezing Rain
26°F
14°F 40% 26°F 100% From NNE 15 mph

Sunset 5:36 pm Take an Allergies Quiz

6pm Light Freezing Rain
27°F
15°F 40% 27°F 100% From NNE 15 mph

7pm Light Freezing Rain
28°F
16°F 40% 28°F 95% From N 16 mph

8pm Freezing Drizzle
28°F
16°F 30% 28°F 100% From N 17 mph

9pm Freezing Drizzle
29°F
17°F 30% 29°F 95% From N 17 mph

10pm Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 31°F 95% From N 17 mph

11pm Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 30°F 90% From N 16 mph

Thu, December 8 Allergies Help Clinic

12am Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 29°F 86% From N 16 mph

1am Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 28°F 82% From N 16 mph

2am Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 27°F 78% From N 16 mph

3am Freezing Drizzle
32°F
21°F 30% 26°F 74% From N 16 mph

sa_butta
12-07-2005, 04:26 PM
LJ and I both have colds too. I thought it was allergies at first. But since LJ has it too then I guess it's a cold.

We took Theraflu last night instead of NyQuil. It worked pretty well.I cant stand the taste of that shit, do the pills work just as well.

sa_butta
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/78213?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
Holy crap 24 degrees and will feel like 10 degrees at 5pm. That is effing cold for SA.

midgetonadonkey
12-07-2005, 04:29 PM
I'm praying they close the University tomorrow. It sucks I have to drive home at 830 when the forecasted rain is supposed to be here.

Ishta
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
Looks like I'll be leaving work early today!! :spin :spin

Kori Ellis
12-07-2005, 04:30 PM
I cant stand the taste of that shit, do the pills work just as well.

No, the pills don't. But they have a lot of flavors of Theraflu now. We drank the apple cider one last night. It's not as disgusting as some of the others.

spurs=bling
12-07-2005, 04:32 PM
http://www.weather.com/weather/hourbyhour/78213?from=36hr_topnav_undeclared
Holy crap 24 degrees and will feel like 10 degrees at 5pm. That is effing cold for SA.

please tell me that is only for SA please

Taco
12-07-2005, 04:32 PM
please tell me that is only for SA please

SA temps

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 04:38 PM
Are you sure y'all didn't get hit by the mountain cedar? If my oldest and I don't start using Flonase daily at the beginning of Nov, we get knocked on our asses by it.

Is the cedar bad? It's hard to say...both of my kids had strep throat last week and Chris has had something nasty, too.

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 04:39 PM
See, they think you're running a meth lab, too. :depressed :lol

:lol

You walk in there looking like a death-warmed over Rudolph and sounding like you've got a clothes pin stuck on your nose and you still get the binder treatment. :lol

sa_butta
No, the pills don't. But they have a lot of flavors of Theraflu now. We drank the apple cider one last night. It's not as disgusting as some of the others.I will pick some up on the way home tonight, everyone is sick at our house.
My poor baby has a runny nose, but it is funny cause she laughs when she sneezes. Ive been giving her the tylenol cold and cough.

SequSpur
I am growing my hair back.

Shelly
12-07-2005, 04:41 PM
Is the cedar bad? It's hard to say...both of my kids had strep throat last week and Chris has had something nasty, too.

Cedar is horrible and you will feel awful (for me, it's the stuffy nose) until it's out of here, which is usually FEBRUARY. But since a lot of y'all are having the same symptoms, I wouldn't be surprised if that's it, since this exactly the time of year it blows in from those Canadian fronts.

2 years ago, I started using Flonase daily starting in November and haven't been hit with it the past two years.

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 04:42 PM

Oh, man ... I wanna see!!!

midgetonadonkey
12-07-2005, 04:43 PM

At first glance I thought you typed "I'm growing my back hair."

spurs=bling
12-07-2005, 04:44 PM
SA temps

thank God because i was going to cry.

i hope it doesn't get too cold here, physical therapy is painful enough and add cold to it wouldn't help any

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Cedar is horrible and you will feel awful (for me, it's the stuffy nose) until it's out of here, which is usually FEBRUARY. But since a lot of y'all are having the same symptoms, I wouldn't be surprised if that's it, since this exactly the time of year it blows in from those Canadian fronts.

2 years ago, I started using Flonase daily starting in November and haven't been hit with it the past two years.

I know it can get bad ... we had Thanksgiving Dinner at Tapatio Springs a month before I graduated from college ... the very weekend the first of it blew into the Hill Country and we were right in the middle of it. I walked the stage with 104 fever and pnemonia..still sick from that shit ... but for what I had to pay to get there, they could have wheeled me across on a gurney...I was going to be there. :lol

Shelly
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
Face it. It's part of being a Texan. The trees are here to stay, and so is the allergy.

The signs are unmistakable: the eyes burn and turn fiery red; the nose runs; the insides of the ears itch. Incessant sneezing--up to

two or three hundred times a day--leaves some victims exhausted. On top of this, an insidious malaise sets in, making it hard to do anything but stare vacantly at the wall, while at the same time a nagging little voice says, "Get up. It's just an allergy."

But cedar fever is not just any allergy. It's a scourge, a plague that smites the just and the unjust who have the misfortune to live anywhere in a broad strip of Central Texas that stretches from the Red River to the Rio Grande. The progenitor of all this misery is a medium-sized, frankly undistinguished tree with sinewy limbs covered in shaggy bark that vaguely resembles orangutan fur. Despite its common name, the mountain cedar is actually a juniper (Juniperus ashei). Every year around December, we blunder into the midst of the cedar's mating ritual. It begins with the appearance of the male cones--embarrassingly small, amber-colored structures no larger than a grain of rice. In good years (or bad, depending on your viewpoint) they blanket the tops of the trees, turning them an aggressive tawny orange. When the wind rises, great gritty clouds of the pollen drift aloft, making the woods look like they are aflame. This airborne milt can waft for miles until it runs into something sticky, like the small green cone of the female tree or the inside of your nose.

Once cedar pollen gets into your system, its evil nature is revealed. Compared with it, ragweed is a wimp. The key is the biochemical structure of cedar pollen's protein coat, which appears to have properties that make it unusually noxious. Then there's the sheer quantity of the grains. In a rainy year the trees produce tons, and the pollen count, the Richter scale of allergy, goes through the roof.

If mountain cedar causes so much trouble, some sufferers have raged (between sneezes), why not clear it out? It's a health hazard, it robs grazing land of water, and unlike its cousin Juniperus communis, you can't make gin out of the berries (too bad, because a mountain cedar martini could be a surefire way to forget your allergy woes). The trouble with cutting down the cedars is that it would be ecologically unwise, not to mention impossible. They cover many of the 24 million acres of the Edwards Plateau, providing drought-tolerant, year-round greenery for erosion control, stock and wildlife shelter, and the raw materials for the fence-post industry. Physically and philosophically, cedar defines Central Texas. You can no more think of that terrain without cedar than without live oak or limestone. Sentimentalists would also insist that the resinous aroma of cedar-wood campfire on a starry autumn night is one of the things that makes life worth living.

Sentimentalism scores no points with allergy sufferers, though. What they want is relief. Temporary palliatives include the usual antihistamines and decongestants, plus a sodium cromolyn spray that has been used with good effect in England. Truly wretched cases may qualify for cortisone, but the drug's side effects make it a last resort. Nutritionists have a theory that any allergy fans the flames of stress, and they suggest taking pantothenic acid (a B vitamin), zinc, or vitamin C. Omitting beef and yeast foods can ameliorate attacks in some instances. But the one thing cedar fever victims can't do is escape their destiny. Those who are fated to develop symptoms usually do so after a couple of seasons, but some have been smitten after ten, even twenty smug years.

Eventually most of the afflicted end up at an allergist's office for a series of shots that help about 75 per cent of the time. Allergists can reassure you that you don't have a cold (it runs its course in a week) or a fever (you just feel flushed). What they can't tell you is why you can build immunity by injecting the irritant but not by breathing it. If all else fails, your only recourse may be to leave town for the duration; that was the preferred treatment of writer J. Frank Dobie.

The obsession with nostrums and the wild talk about eradicating the mountain cedar miss a perverse but essential point: cedar fever is part of being a Texan. Other places suffer the malady, to be sure, but none of them have Juniperus ashei. It's our own personal poison, part of Mother Nature's hazing ritual designed just for Texans, and those who have been initiated wear the affliction like a red badge of courage. After all, we are in a war zone.

http://pollen.utulsa.edu/cedar.html

Kori Ellis
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM

I thought the first day I was getting sick that it was Cedar. But LJ doesn't get affected by Cedar and he got sick .. so I changed my mind and decided it was a cold. Who knows though. I took some Tylenol Allergy just in case. :lol

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 04:46 PM
Slight crisis here, I've only got a 12 pack left in the fridge. I don't know if that's gonna cut it.

midgetonadonkey
12-07-2005, 04:47 PM
Slight crisis here, I've only got a 12 pack left in the fridge. I don't know if that's gonna cut it.

Go buy another 6 pack of pints just in case. You don't want to be left in the cold without some brew to warm you up.

Vashner
12-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Yea cedar get's me too. And I have maybe 100+ cedars in my yard. You can shake em and red dust cloud will come out lol when it peaks.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 04:58 PM
Go buy another 6 pack of pints just in case. You don't want to be left in the cold without some brew to warm you up.

Well yeah that's the easy answer, problem is all the roads are icing over already, and it's too fucking cold to walk the half mile to the closest convenience store. The wind chill's like 10 and it is very windy.

midgetonadonkey
12-07-2005, 06:43 PM
Well yeah that's the easy answer, problem is all the roads are icing over already, and it's too fucking cold to walk the half mile to the closest convenience store. The wind chill's like 10 and it is very windy.

Nothing more fun than driving drunk down icy roads.

CosmicCowboy
12-07-2005, 07:06 PM

Listen to Shelly...she is right about the cedar...an amazing amount of people (including me) get hammered by it...and you can't necessarily check the "pollen count" to see if it is a bad day...it can be very localized...

Cedars have "male" and "female" trees...the male trees actually make little "pollen bombs"...you can sit and watch a hillside of cedar this time of year and actually see "pollen explosions"...big puffs of yellow dust...you can get pollen blasted anywhere you are downwind of cedar...

I medicate from December till March to keep it under control...I buy the hundred count bottle of generic sudafed (decongestant) and claritin (antihistamine) and bounce back and forth...

If you just use an antihistamine you stand a much greater chance of getting a sinus infection...sometimes you just need to get a box of kleenex and hit the decongestants to clean everything out...

Vashner
12-07-2005, 07:26 PM
Red dust.. Yellow dust is Oak..

2Blonde
12-07-2005, 07:42 PM
Here in SA they said the cedar pollen started showing up in small amounts last week. That's about the time I started having my symptoms. I upped my flonase and sudafed to twice a day. I was already taking my claritin twice a day.

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 07:55 PM
Here in SA they said the cedar pollen started showing up in small amounts last week.

That's basically what I was asking ... I wasn't sure if it was showing up yet. I've been bombed with cedar pollen before, right in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. I know exactly what it can do.

I know it can get bad ... we had Thanksgiving Dinner at Tapatio Springs a month before I graduated from college ... the very weekend the first of it blew into the Hill Country and we were right in the middle of it. I walked the stage with 104 fever and pnemonia still a month later.... but for what I had to pay to get there, they could have wheeled me across on a gurney...I was going to be there.

N.Y. Johnny
12-07-2005, 08:58 PM
That's basically what I was asking ... I wasn't sure if it was showing up yet. I've been bombed with cedar pollen before, right in the heart of the Texas Hill Country. I know exactly what it can do.

Fuckin Texas Hill Country..its beautiful and quiet here and its a great escape from Winters in New York, god I hate fuckin winter and snow and ice....blehhh

but the trade off for a milder winter is suffering in the fucking cedars here..goddamn its murder.

Vashner
12-07-2005, 08:59 PM
All the shit in my yard is frozen over now... black ice on roads...watch out.

The sone
12-07-2005, 09:36 PM
crunchy grass is fun...until you slip.

Faccia di Angelo
12-07-2005, 09:47 PM
WTF...my heater at home has a leak. I'm freezing my ass off here! :oops

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 10:59 PM

Don't feel bad....when I turn my heater on in my car it's filling up with exhaust. So it's either freeze, or die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Merry Christmas! :(

Duff McCartney
12-07-2005, 11:05 PM
I'm sitting here at my cousins house watching the game. Their house is on the west side and it has no central air and no heat. It's fucking freezing in the living room. We're all just sitting on the couch wrapped up in blankets.

Jekka
12-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Ah yes, this weather makes me happy that heat is included in my rent :)

N.Y. Johnny
12-07-2005, 11:40 PM

the fact your landlords there gave you a heater is amazing to me :lmao
i warned you about this...when she didn't give you anymore lumps of coal<------:lmao
to heat your little space in the winter..

The sone
12-07-2005, 11:43 PM
Don't feel bad....when I turn my heater on in my car it's filling up with exhaust. So it's either freeze, or die of carbon monoxide poisoning.

Merry Christmas! :(

its sounds like you have a busted heater core. i dont think its exhaust coming in. does it smell like exhaust, or like hot antifreeze? i had the same thing happen to my old ford. thats an expensive problem, if it is the core.

Shelly
12-07-2005, 11:44 PM
Our thermostat is in our family room and so is the fire place. So since the fire is warming that room up, the heat doesn't kick on. My son's room was 56 degrees. We the dumbass builder didn't put two units in is beyond me (up and down). It's freezing upstaris!

angel_luv
12-07-2005, 11:47 PM
My gosh guys! It is awful out there!

MannyIsGod
12-07-2005, 11:52 PM
We got free heat and it is toasty upstairs!

N.Y. Johnny
12-07-2005, 11:55 PM
My gosh guys! It is awful out there!

Yes it is, stay out there long enough and you're gonna end up brain dead like Jessica Simpson

midgetonadonkey
12-07-2005, 11:56 PM
I have no fucking idea how I made it home. I have no defroster in my truck so the ice never melted off of my windshield. I scraped some off and poured water on it to melt some, but whatever water I poured on it just froze up during the drive. It was terrible.

MannyIsGod
12-08-2005, 12:01 AM
damn dude, glad you made it ok.

SpursWoman
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM
its sounds like you have a busted heater core. i dont think its exhaust coming in. does it smell like exhaust, or like hot antifreeze? i had the same thing happen to my old ford. thats an expensive problem, if it is the core.

It smells like being right behind a Via bus ... and the only time it does that is when the heater is on. :depressed

midgetonadonkey
12-08-2005, 12:04 AM
damn dude, glad you made it ok.

Aww Manny, you're so sweet. :drunk

N.Y. Johnny
12-08-2005, 12:05 AM
in spite of these horrid weather conditions...there's always that guy thats out there driving like an idiot FAST!!!

spurs=bling
12-08-2005, 12:12 AM
its cold here too now i want to chop off my ankle.

my dad went to go gas up an hour ago and his truck has the thing in it ,and he said it showed 30 and lowest it went down to was 27

MannyIsGod
12-08-2005, 12:13 AM
Aww Manny, you're so sweet. :drunk
Does it just give you the warm fuzzies you fuck?

midgetonadonkey
12-08-2005, 12:14 AM
Does it just give you the warm fuzzies you fuck?

Yes it does you silly bastard.

ZStomp
12-08-2005, 12:20 AM
I have to work tonight- I hope I just have to stay at the office this evening.

N.Y. Johnny
12-08-2005, 12:20 AM
Seriously whats the temp in SA now?

I'm outside in the hill country here where it might be 20, if you're out there your testicles are frozen in your ass crack!!

N.Y. Johnny
12-08-2005, 12:23 AM

Yeah bro, i hope "Goin Too Fast On Ice" dumbass guy doesn't ruin it for you

The sone
12-08-2005, 01:01 AM
It smells like being right behind a Via bus ... and the only time it does that is when the heater is on. :depressed

the only prob is that there is no way for exhaust to get into the lines from the front. im guessing heater core. but i could be wrong. it does smell foul. can you see a smoke like or steam like flow?

The sone
12-08-2005, 01:02 AM

flojo!

The sone
12-08-2005, 01:02 AM
Seriously whats the temp in SA now?

I'm outside in the hill country here where it might be 20, if you're out there your testicles are frozen in your ass crack!!

thats only if you tuck in...

spurs=bling
12-08-2005, 01:09 AM
i think this might get worse in next month. oh well

i'll see you guys later i'm going to sleep now since i got physical therapy :cry at 9:30 in the morning

Faccia di Angelo
12-08-2005, 08:15 AM
That sucks Spurswoman. I guess that is a tough spot to be in. Die or freeze lol Wrap up warmly this morning!

the fact your landlords there gave you a heater is amazing to me :lmao
i warned you about this...when she didn't give you anymore lumps of coal<------:lmao
to heat your little space in the winter..
Yeah, they made me turn off the little electrical heater I had going for some reason. :(
I am soooooooo......cooooooooold.....

ZStomp
12-08-2005, 08:16 AM
Is someone's twin being a Grouch?

N.Y. Johnny
12-08-2005, 08:17 AM
Yeah, they made me turn off the little electrical heater I had going for some reason. :(
I am soooooooo......cooooooooold.....

literally and figuratively yes you are.

Faccia di Angelo
12-08-2005, 08:22 AM
Is someone's twin being a Grouch?
someone's boyfriend is.
Hey you're home..lets go running!

literally and figuratively yes you are.
yeah whatever

SpursWoman
12-08-2005, 09:09 AM
the only prob is that there is no way for exhaust to get into the lines from the front. im guessing heater core. but i could be wrong. it does smell foul. can you see a smoke like or steam like flow?

I don't see any smoke/steam, and it doesn't do it once the car is warmed up and I'm driving ... wasn't bad this morning, because I warmed up the car with the windows cracked. Except for one window, because it was frozen shut. :wow :lol

ZStomp
12-08-2005, 09:15 AM
Lovers quarrel!

2Blonde
12-08-2005, 10:51 AM
Our thermostat is in our family room and so is the fire place. So since the fire is warming that room up, the heat doesn't kick on. My son's room was 56 degrees. We the dumbass builder didn't put two units in is beyond me (up and down). It's freezing upstaris!
Our dumbass builder did the same thing. One unit for a two story 3,000 square foot home. But our problem is that the down stairs is freezing while the upstairs is like hades. If we set the downstairs above 62 then the upstairs feels like 95. I have to sit at the computer with a heated blanket over me today.

12-08-2005, 10:57 AM
Our dumbass builder did the same thing. One unit for a two story 3,000 square foot home. But our problem is that the down stairs is freezing while the upstairs is like hades. If we set the downstairs above 62 then the upstairs feels like 95. I have to sit at the computer with a heated blanket over me today.

2Blonde, if you or your husband are mechanically inclined, get some dampers from Lowe's/Home Depot and get up in the attic and find which branch lines off your distribution box (big silver box in the attic that has the feed from the unit and then has all the branch lines running to each room) run to the upstairs rooms and install the dampers there and close them. This will force the majority of the warm air to the downstairs rooms. I had to do the same thing at my house.

The sone
12-08-2005, 11:56 AM
I don't see any smoke/steam, and it doesn't do it once the car is warmed up and I'm driving ... wasn't bad this morning, because I warmed up the car with the windows cracked. Except for one window, because it was frozen shut. :wow :lol

well im set on heater core. but again i could be wrong. take it in if you have 7 bills just lying around. thats what they told me it would cost for parts and labor. unfortunatly its located right behind the dash so everything has to come out in order to replace it. if it is an exhaust prob. which im still thinking it is not, then the cost should be much lower. but quick question. whats the make and model? yr?

SpursWoman
12-08-2005, 12:01 PM
2000 Pontiac Grand Am ... it being the most expensive problem wouldn't surprise me because 1. it's Christmas 2. it's paid off and I am enjoying no car payment 3. It just hit 100K miles on Tuesday. :depressed

The sone
12-08-2005, 12:09 PM
2000 Pontiac Grand Am ... it being the most expensive problem wouldn't surprise me because 1. it's Christmas 2. it's paid off and I am enjoying no car payment 3. It just hit 100K miles on Tuesday. :depressed

well im all out of theories. i say take it in though. it would be bad to pass out from carbon monoxide poisoning on the hwy. maybe show a little leg...and dont take user with you...he'd scare the away the "discount" factor. :angel

spurs=bling
12-08-2005, 11:21 PM
its going down to 17 tonight

N.Y. Johnny
12-08-2005, 11:34 PM
Lovers quarrel!

She Loves me dude...another Qualuude and she love me

The sone
12-08-2005, 11:44 PM
She Loves me dude...another Qualuude and she love me

ass-oh-kay...ass-oh-kah...