PDA

View Full Version : Interview with Brent Barry from Manu's Site

kolko
12-07-2005, 10:05 AM
Link (http://usa.manuginobili.com/Noticias/Noticias____ByManu/byManu____05_06/by_Manu____Brent_Barry/by_manu____brent_barry.html)

Interview with Brent Barry.
by manuginobili.com´s users / 12-06-05

33 questions made by the manuginobili.com`s users
Spacial Thanks to Manu in his journalist role.

1.Maxi_20: Do you like any argentinian rock band?

Soda, Fabio introduced Soda to me, Gracias Totales!

2.Jalberto: who would be the winner if you were to give the following awards within your team: the clown of the team, the absent-minded, the eccentrical, the gourmet, the talkative, the musician.

Clown: me absent minded: Manu eccentrical: nobody Gourmet: don't know Talkative: Bruce Musician: Fabio

3.Jalberto: Playing a grupal sport, sometimes there must be conflict between what is best for the team and the personal success. How do you handle such conflict? Does it helped having a degree in sociology ;-)?

Having a degree makes for a great material if I have to write my masters thesis, but our team doesn't have those problems. Each player wants to play his best for the benefit of the team, that's all you need.

4.Crisaor: Who was the most difficult player to guard?

In my case every player that is younger than me is hard to hard, that means, almost every player!!

5.Air_delfino: would you like to play with your brothers? If you play togheter, wich would be the role of them in the team?

I played with them growing up. It would be fun at the pro level, but I don't think it will happen. Scooter: Point Guard (passing). Me: Shooting guard (go to guy). The other two would come of the bench, specially JON, very limited minutes.

6.Mono inquieto: not considering SA, which team was the most comfortable for you?

Probably Seattle because I was there for 5 seasons… I felt comfortable there.

7.Guevorkyan-11: what do you most like to do when you retire of basketball: be a basketballsportcaster, musician, work for TV, just get old?

I can to all of those things, and don't forget to say that I'll travel the world with my surfboard. If I have to choose, I'd be a broadcaster for a while.

8.Kafka: can you still dunk it from the FT line?

Yes, In every video game I play and sometimes in my dreams.

9.Sportman: did someone told you that when you leave your hair long you are like the `fifth beatle`?

No, But I have been called Shaggy, from Scooby Doo many times.

10.Sportman: are you the team most `joker` (bromista, no sé como ponerlo) after Manu?

Yes, but there's a large gap between him and the rest of the team.

11.Sotazonule: if you have had the chance to choose, who would you like to be: MJ, Magic, Bird or Van Halen, A. Young, Chuck Berry?

MJ! What are you, crazy?

12.Bataraz: in whch rock band would you like to play?

Pearl Jam.

13.Bataraz: if you go to a desert island which three albums would yo take with you?

Pearl Jam "10", Beatles "white album" and Rolling Stones "40 licks".

14.Bataraz: what do you prefer? To make a 3p at the buzzer to win, ´conducir` the Jay Leno show or to play a guitar solo in a stadium?

By a "solo" in a stadium, do you mean by myself?? My first love is basketball so obviously my choice would be the TRES PUNTOS!

15.Freddy: do you still use the playstation? Which are your favorite games?

Now I play more Xbox with my son, the games we like all have to do with spongebob squarepants!

16.Waly: Has influence in the comprehension of the game to be a son of a basketball player?

Being around the environment of pro basketball helped me and my brothers naturally fall in love with the game and I think that we all learned things without really knowing.

17.Kobefly: in your move to SA, you lost minutes, as now Van Exel and Finley. If you wouldn´t won last year championship would you still be happy with your change?

Yeah! It was my choice to join the spurs, and I did it for reasons that would give me the best opportunity to win, play in a great system and suit up with great players.

18.Marhq: how did you ended in Jerry Maguire with Tom Cruise?

The production company called my agency and asked if they could find a "white basketball player", and seeing as there aren't many of them around, I happened to be available. And the rest is Oscars history.

19.Sershus: Pearl Jam called his first album `ten` in honor of Mookie Blaylock… will you call your next son Eddie, Stone, Jeff, Mike, Matt or simply Jam in honor of your friends of Pearl Jam?

We've considered "Stone" but my wife wants to name him Axel, after Gun's n' Roses front man. Needless to say we probably gonna name him something totally different, like Manu…

20.Kuki: what is at your level as a musician: Ron Artest, Shaq, Tony, Kobe?

I'm just a beginner, so I much further along than those 4 guys! ;-)

21.Saho Ishigaki: what model of PC do you have now? Do you use internet?

I don't use PC, I'm a Mac Addict! Internet?? What's that?? ;-)

22.Raqui: do you know any Argentinian player not playing in NBA?

I know Ruben and I heard many stories about the crazy guy in the cover of Basket Plus! Magazine. I hope to travel to argentina to see his first concert. Manu´s note: reference to Yaca Kammerichs about whom we have alredy told several stories.

23.Zaligiris: what is the best album edited in 2005?

"Leaders of the free world" by Elbow. Check it out if you like Coldplay

24.Zalgiris: what new band we must listen?

See above answers (23) and Spoon.

25.Roedorbasquetbolero: They say that the secret of a good shooter is in his legs, not in his arms. I'm always amazed at watching you barely lifting your feet off the floor when you shoot. Your teammate Bruce Bowen, who is over .600 this season in 3-pointers, actually does a jumper when he shoots. How did you find your own dynamics? Did you change over the years for better results or you just go ahead and release the ball?

Well doctor, I have changed over the years and learned a lot about both high release and quick release from Chris Mullin, famous Warriors' player in late 80s. As you get older as a player you try to find more ways to be efficient and having a quick release is a great way to maintain.

26.Gurujazz: in rock wich decade do you prefere: ´60s, ´70s, ´80s or ´90s?

'60s!!

27.Gurujazz: fender o Gibson?

Ohhh!! Tough! Gibson les Paul. I wish I had one.

28.Florencia_arg: what song that you don´t know now do you like to play?

Going to California, Led Zeppelin.

29.Morganlive: who would you pick to make an ideal rock band and where would you like to play?

Eddie Vedder (lead vocals), Jimmy Page (lead guitar), Jeff Ament (bass), Pete Townsend (guitar) and Neal Pert (drums). I'd like to play in Boca Juniors Stadium!

30.Waly: have you listen Fabricio Oberto playing guitar? How can we classify him: AllStar, starter, bench, doghouse or unsingned draft pick?

Yes, I have heard him play… he would be a "non guaranteed ten day contract"!!

31.Pabloorue25: did you ever play soccer? What other sports do you play?

For 6 years when I was a kid. I played baseball and golf.

32.Sebastian prieto: what do you do to relax before a game?

Nap and stick to routine of pregame meal and warming up the same way every game.

33.Pablobualo: how do you think it will work this band: voice Tony Parker (AKA `the French rapper`), guitar Brent Barry, bass: Fabricio Oberto, drums: Tim Duncan, chorus: Manu Ginobili , Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry?

If we made an album I believe it would be a million seller… there would be a million copies in my cellar! Ha ha.

Merry Christmas for everybody.

angel_luv
12-07-2005, 10:38 AM
I remember Gino posting on the Spanish forum asking for questions. Wow... is finished already! :)

Brent is funny. I can tell Gino typed it with the " !!" and ; ). :)

TwoHandJam
12-07-2005, 10:56 AM
If we made an album I believe it would be a million seller… there would be a million copies in my cellar! Ha ha.:lol

Rydia
12-07-2005, 10:58 AM
That's awesome!! I loved this! Manu's website is top notch!
Go Brent! I had no idea Oberto played guitar! that is so cute! I bet Manu thinks he's cool for the team! hehe

ShoogarBear
12-07-2005, 11:03 AM
No, But I have been called Shaggy, from Scooby Doo many times.

:lol

Kip Fanatic
12-07-2005, 11:05 AM
Brent Barry is a great guy. He is funny and I bet he is fun to have around in the locker room.

angel_luv
12-07-2005, 11:13 AM
If we made an album I believe it would be a million seller… there would be a million copies in my cellar! Ha ha.

You and Tony, right Brent? :lol

Phenomanul
12-07-2005, 11:27 AM
5.Air_delfino: would you like to play with your brothers? If you play togheter, wich would be the role of them in the team?

I played with them growing up. It would be fun at the pro level, but I don't think it will happen. Scooter: Point Guard (passing). Me: Shooting guard (go to guy). The other two would come of the bench, especially JON, very limited minutes.

:lol :lol :lol

blackbucket
12-07-2005, 12:01 PM
Good questions. Brent is a funny, funny guy.

We like the same type of music. PJ is the best rock band of the past 20 years and Elbow is picking up where Coldplay left off. X&Y is a total piece of crap and completely disappointing.

sprrs
12-07-2005, 12:09 PM
33.Pablobualo: how do you think it will work this band: voice Tony Parker (AKA `the French rapper`), guitar Brent Barry, bass: Fabricio Oberto, drums: Tim Duncan, chorus: Manu Ginobili , Bruce Bowen and Robert Horry?

:lol :spin that would be awesome

Tigole Bitties
12-07-2005, 01:03 PM
Not surprising at all...

Bruce Bowen == dead ringer for Russell Simmons (Def Jam founder).

Robert Horry == The Fresh Prince (of course)

Manu == Balki Bartokomous (who had a few hits from homeland of Mykos)

maybe they can get Method Man (Kenyon Martin) and Ricky Davis (Andre 3000) to join their band

GoSpurs21
12-07-2005, 01:13 PM
Spurs doing a NBA Finals shuffle video would be halarious

MiNuS
12-07-2005, 01:42 PM
I don't get the "gracias totales" that Cerati shouts out at the end of D'Musica Ligera in the live version. Is that some Argentinean saying.
I'm a huge Soda fan I own ALL their CDs. Trully a sad day when they announced they were breaking up the band. I bought Cerati's Amor Amarillo but everything else from him sucks.
Just when Soda was getting serious on the rock side of music they f#ck up!

RogerIsEatingASandwich
12-07-2005, 04:15 PM
Brent is really funny. He would make a great announcer.

sanman53
12-07-2005, 06:15 PM
Brent is a trip! He was killing me while dancing to the Tony rap at the Champ celebration last season! BTW, even as a beginner, Im sure he IS better than Artest and Shaq (lol)!

ALVAREZ6
12-07-2005, 07:51 PM
:lol

Mark in Austin
12-07-2005, 09:00 PM
I can see it now: an announcing team of Marv Albert, Brent Barry and Sean Elliott.

:lol It would be more entertaining than about half of the games.