PDA

View Full Version : It's Fucking Cold and Snowing/Sleeting in Dallas

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 01:19 PM
27 degrees outside right now, just went out to the truck to grab something.

We're rooting for enough accumulation for an afternoon snowball fight at work.

MannyIsGod
12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
We live in San Antonio and don't care about you. Thank You.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 01:21 PM
:lol Jealous fucker.

Kip Fanatic
12-07-2005, 01:23 PM
I just left Dallas this past weekend. Enjoy it.

fraga
12-07-2005, 01:25 PM
It's just cold and rainy over here at Lackland...like raining alot...

pache100
12-07-2005, 01:26 PM
It's just cold and rainy over here at Lackland...like raining alot...

It's not even rainy over here at Randolph, at least not at the moment. It was drizzling earlier, but right now it's just COOOOOLLDDD!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 01:34 PM
Okay, this is hilarious, I have to share with y'all. You know how in the hurricanes everyone sends out the field reporters?

All the stations in Dallas have their reporters standing out on the side of the highways talking. They're all freezing their asses off shivering but trying to be all happy and professional reporter like, when they all have this "it's fucking cold and I'm standing out in the sleet telling people it's fucking cold" look on their faces.

travis2
12-07-2005, 01:40 PM
My last winter in Ohio, a front came through that dropped the air temp to -21...wind chill around -70. They did the same thing there, with the same result.

SpursWoman
12-07-2005, 01:45 PM
See? Maybe my son won't argue again with his stupid, know-nothing mommy about not wearing shorts today because it was supposed to get really cold.

:spin

MannyIsGod
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Okay, this is hilarious, I have to share with y'all. You know how in the hurricanes everyone sends out the field reporters?

All the stations in Dallas have their reporters standing out on the side of the highways talking. They're all freezing their asses off shivering but trying to be all happy and professional reporter like, when they all have this "it's fucking cold and I'm standing out in the sleet telling people it's fucking cold" look on their faces.
:lmao

Thats priceless.

samikeyp
12-07-2005, 01:53 PM
Your kid's face when sees you today after you were right and he is freezing?

Priceless! :lol

easjer
12-07-2005, 01:54 PM
It's just dreary and a little chilly here in Houston. I hear it's supposed to hit us tomorrow. But I bet it'll be too warm for snow (of course it snowed last year, but only while I was in New Braunfels, which apparently was the only area that didn't get snow of any kind).

12-07-2005, 01:58 PM

Read on another board over lunch that up in Dallas some air-head weather bimbo on the noon news announced that it was now zero in the Metroplex and the anchor had to remind her that she was looking at the Celsius side of the thermometer.

CrazyOne
12-07-2005, 02:19 PM
My daughter goes to college in Dallas, and she just called me a bit ago to tell me that she is seeing snow falling for the first time that she can remember.

Duff McCartney
12-07-2005, 02:24 PM
My daughter goes to college in Dallas, and she just called me a bit ago to tell me that she is seeing snow falling for the first time that she can remember.

Yeah my sister lives in Denton. She goes to UNT and last year it snowed too.

I was so disappointed last year when it snowed everywhere but here in SA. What a joke. I even saw the radar and it was like band of snow north of SA, and band of snow south of SA but nothing close to here.

Anyway some relative that lives with us and my cousin came home early from work because they said it was too cold.

Phenomanul
12-07-2005, 02:49 PM
This year and possibly next year will generate enough artic blasts to spur the possibility of snow in South Texas.

As most of you know, last year the coastal bend recieved snow (The Christmas Day Miracle!!!)

http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/42f91203_5ad9/bc/Share/Snow+in+South+Texas.jpg?bf94zlDBskcQv3kI

The last time snow in those magnitudes (3-5") fell in the South Texas area, was in the late 1800's, and it came in 3 successive winters.... so brace yourselves....

As for snow in Dallas, don't you all get it once every 3 years???

Horry For 3!
12-07-2005, 03:00 PM
It is cold and raining here but its 40 degrees and not snowing/sleeting.

Marklar MM
12-07-2005, 03:19 PM
27 huh. It is 23 here, but 14 with windchill.

Hook Dem
12-07-2005, 03:29 PM
27 huh. It is 23 here, but 14 with windchill.
We're not jealous! You win!!!!!! :lol

spurs=bling
12-07-2005, 04:13 PM
well its cold and it just started to rain.
somebody could have told me it was gonna rain, because having somebody carry you while running sucks.

and this cold isn't helping my ankle either

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 04:26 PM
I got you beat. Wind chill is 12 right now :lol

Just got home from work. It's a 10 minute drive on a normal day, it took me about 40 minutes today. Overpasses and bridges are already icing over. Watched some dumbass take a turn too fast and end up in a ditch. Fucking idiot.

Not too much snow right now, just lots of rain. Problem is the air temp is 25, so everything that sits for any length of time is freezing over. The sidewalk at my place is already iced over, that was fun, almost fell on my ass about 3 different times :lol

j-6
12-07-2005, 04:36 PM
My 40 minute commute home took damn near ninety minutes (from Addison to Fort Worth), and I left at noon.

I saw a guy zipping in and out of slow-moving traffic in a Mustang, even using the shoulders to get around people on 183. I thought about what a asshole this guy must be, and noticed traffic was getting slower and slower. About ten minutes later I see his car almost sideways askew on the shoulder under an overpass and he's outside in a short sleeved polo shirt talking on his cell phone.

Ya reap what ya sow, dickhead.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 04:45 PM
What a dumbass. Little dick with a Mustang. That's too bad though, if there was any justice he would have totalled it.

Yeah one of my co-workers had to make the trek from Plano to Ft. Worth and he ended up in a ditch because some stupid bitch in a Caddy took a curve too fast and ended up coming across the median into oncoming traffic.

Luckily he drives a Jeep so he got out of the ditch alright. The lady ended up crunched against a road sign but was okay.

Kdfelicity
12-07-2005, 04:50 PM
I want some!! Gosh that would just make my night too, I've gotta pull an all-nighter studying for a crappy final. Send some for me AHF!!! :p

j-6
12-07-2005, 04:55 PM
AHF-

You have my permission to send all of this shit to Kdfelicity. Just so you know, I have a no return policy on weather.

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 04:57 PM
Oh she'll get some, but it won't be the weather ;)

ShoogarBear
12-07-2005, 04:59 PM
We live in San Antonio and don't care about you. Thank You.

C'mon, Manny, it's WEATHER!!!! You should be all over this. :lol

Kdfelicity
12-07-2005, 05:01 PM
Then I hope you like libraries AHF...

Bring yourself and some snow balls, and that'll do just fine :eyebrows

valluco
12-07-2005, 05:07 PM
It's 21 and dropping in Fort Worth.

Spurminator
12-07-2005, 05:20 PM
This is hilarious. Our office got out early today because of the weather. Not only that... apparently people are jamming the grocery stores and buying mass quantities of canned foods and water.

Anyone who has lived up north thinks Dallasites are the biggest pussies. Glad I rode the train so I don't have to deal with the traffic...

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 06:45 PM
Sounds like a deal KD but you have got to lose that ugly avatar.

:vomit

ShoogarBear
12-07-2005, 06:54 PM
Damn, AHF, did she just tell you to get some balls?

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 07:03 PM
Hmmm, I think she may have :depressed

This tv coverage is awesome. I'm gonna sit on the couch and keep the beers coming. Here's the latest:

Cold ass reporter next to IH35:

"Jane, when we first got out here, this drainage ditch was full of water."
[throws empty coke bottle which bounces across iced over drainage ditch]
"Now it's ice. Back to you."

Shelly
12-07-2005, 09:45 PM
:lol

That reporter should earn an Emmy!

Aggie Hoopsfan
12-07-2005, 11:12 PM
Damnit I put two beers on the porch to "chill" when I got home at 4 today, forgot about them, just remembered they're out there. I've got two cylindrical bricks now :lol

300 wrecks in Dallas today.... fucking idiots.

MannyIsGod
12-07-2005, 11:33 PM

Thats fucking hillarious dude.

Faccia di Angelo
12-08-2005, 08:19 AM
300 wrecks in Dallas today.... fucking idiots.
wow, I heard on the news this morning its really bad up there.
I hope all you guys are okay over there.
*Even the ones with fast cars and lead foots

Johnny_Blaze_47
12-08-2005, 08:23 AM
Hmmm, I think she may have :depressed

This tv coverage is awesome. I'm gonna sit on the couch and keep the beers coming. Here's the latest:

Cold ass reporter next to IH35:

"Jane, when we first got out here, this drainage ditch was full of water."
[throws empty coke bottle which bounces across iced over drainage ditch]
"Now it's ice. Back to you."

Maybe DPS can use the video as evidence for littering charges... :lol

j-6
12-08-2005, 08:27 AM
At my house, it's 16 degrees this morning and my street is iced over. I'll just stay in here until further notice...